Skyrim Forum

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Simus
Simus
Is XCOM a strategy game? When I saw the trailer it looked like a "Like Mass Effect but..." Shooter.
T. Rakinson
T. Rakinson
Yeah, you control unit movement & actions. I dont know too much, still in long tutorial section.
Simus
Simus
Niiiiiice!
Simus
Simus
I just got this game and IT.IS.EPIC!
T. Rakinson
T. Rakinson
Hows your game going? Just got back into this. Have you tried the multiplayer yet? You don't even have to have an all human or all alien team, get a bit of biodiversity in your team.
Simus
Simus
Enmity Unknown went smoothly though it got boring towards the end. I had full satillite coverage so I stopped all the abduction missions, which made it harder to level up newbies. I beat the final mission with my last guy by the skin of my teeth which actually made things really epic. I'm doing my first run of Enimy Within now and I like the changes.
T. Rakinson
T. Rakinson
Nice to hear. I'm still near the start (just finished researching beam weapons). What is Within BTW, some kind of DLC? Those Mechtoids look badass!
Simus
Simus
It's an expansion on Enemy Unknown. Same campaign story but new items, aliens, maps, facilities, research and a new enemy to fight alongside the aliens.
T. Rakinson
T. Rakinson
Do you think an XCOM RP would work? Been thinking of doing a project for a while, & this seems like quite the game to base one on.
Simus
Simus
I've been thinking of the same thing actually. I think it would work very well considering how structured the game already is.
T. Rakinson
T. Rakinson
There would definitely be plenty of chances for combat & customisation amongst characters. Yeah, that would be cool.. Maybe I'll start working on the idea.
Would you be interested in joining? I know you've got a lot on your RPing plate ATM. TWO ME stories!
Simus
Simus
I've got a lot on my plate right now, but it fluctuates. I'd love to do an XCOM RP with you. So long as I get to be the Council Guy :p I really hate that twat. Constant looming spectre over your shoulder just waiting to give you a bad monthly grade because you didn't research laser cannons fast enough.
Simus
Simus
Also, Andrmada, Epics ME RP, just started. He's the only one that's posted lol. I won't be as heavy in that as I am in Aftermath considering I'm running the show over there.
T. Rakinson
T. Rakinson
The RP was actually going to be based around the squad. Keeps things moving. Though I do agree that council guy sucks. Gives me worse grades than my old RE teacher. At least he gets whats coming to him if the project is shut down.