OOC <18+> Demons in the Dark

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    I have decided to rewrite my entire character as it seems after rereading everyone else's I decided she needed to be scrapped and started again. Will post my character shortly! Or as soon as she's finished!

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Name: Aldrem Dane

Race: Imperial

Age and Date of Birth: 32, 16th of Evening Star

Sexual Preference: Heterosexuals

Class: Swordsman

Weapons: A moonstone edged longsword, in immaculate condition. Clearly, the blade has been well cared for, even by the strictest standards of smiths and bladesmen.

Armour: Steel plate covers Aldrems' torso, a chainmail shirt covers his arms, offering some protection against slashing blades. His legs are unarmoured, as is his head. This makes him vulnerable, but since he relies on his speed and skill with a blade, wearing anything that encumbers his movement would be foolish.

Combat Preference: Aldrem prefers to fight his enemies one at a time, though he's adapted to situations that see him fighting multiple foes. He is best suited in the chaotic mess of close combat, where he dispatches foes with surgical skill.

Character Appearance: Aldrem Dane is slim, fit, and fairly tall. His eyes are a pale grey, and his hair is short and dark, not quite reaching to his shoulders. His face is clean shaven, and without scars.

When not in his armour, he wears nondescript clothes. A dark, long sleeved tunic, with equally dark pants. He owns no jewelry or rings. He has a black, hooded cloak, and light leather boots.

Personality : Aldrem is fairly conserved, keeping to himself, unless approached for conversation first. Despite being a master swordsman, he's quite humble. He will occasionally give tips on technique to his fellows, but won't press the matter. He believes in upholding the law, if possible, but he isn't against breaking it if he needs to.

Dislikes: Braggarts, criminals.

Quirks : Will tap his fingers on the pommel of his sword when anxious or idle.

Fears Include at least one. : Losing his swordsmanship skills. Becoming too slow, or weak to fight.

History : Aldrem Dane was born in a small hamlet just outside the imperial city of Skingrad. As a farmers son, Dane was a nobody. No one knew him, no one cared about the village. The most interaction the village had with the outside world was the tax collectors and random legion patrols.

Shortly before Dane turned eighteen a small group of bandits happened across the village. While the others ran and hid, Aldrem attacked with a simple pitchfork. For a time, he held them off, long enough for a patrol from Skingrad to come across the skirmish. The legionnaires quickly dealt with the bandits. Impressed by the youths' ability, the legionnaire captain invited him to Skingrad.

Over several years, Dane developed into a skilled swordsman, whose skills were sought throughout the region as a bodyguard. Eventually, he left the city, seeking new challenges . Word of an heir to a lost estate searching for adventurers and mercenaries to assist him, has Aldrem to the homeland of the bretons.

Dialogue color: This

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    Eh... @TheDreamersverse it's a little difficult to read your CC. Don't know if you wrote it out somewhere else and then pasted here, but it's a giant wall of text for me. Try spacing it out a bit, and I'll try giving it another read.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Yeah even just like a line gap between different sections would make it nicer to read. Not that it's a bad Cc, just a little harder to read atm

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    Okay I am going to write it again as for some reason it wouldn't let me just edit it.

Name: Breyrenna Ferrow

Race: Breton

Age & Birth Date: 25 26th of Rains Hand

Sexual Preference: Males, but has been known to have female lovers here and there

Class: Archer

Weapons: Orcish Bow and Sword are her primary weapons, along with a steel dagger for emergencies

Armor: Leather Armor that she has dyed black she got rid of the helmet and instead prefers her hooded cloak that's a dark green

Combat Preference: At a young age she knew she was a good shot with her fathers bow and has since then learned everything she could about how to use hers correctly. She will stay in the shadows for as long as possible until she either runs out of arrows or is spotted. Then she will run head first into battle, using quick precise jabs to take down her enemies.

Appearance: With her bright blue eyes and her deep black hair she's been told by many that she's stunning. Although if you look closely enough you will see many small scars on her arms and face. She also has 3 small silver hoops in each ear, but that thing that many a people have asked her about is the tattoo on the small of her back. Barely seen if you don't look closely, although no one has actually seen the full tattoo many believe that it is the beginning of wings that stretch along her whole back.

Personality: Although she a bit hot-headed and I'll-tempered at time the people who know her best will tell you how selfless and kind she is. That if you truly needed it she would give you the last of her food. That if someone she knew was in trouble she would be the first on the way out of town to save them.

Likes: Children, she secretly likes to help people, as well as the nighttime sky where she can look up to the stars and think

Dislikes: Big-headed people who care about no one but themselves

Quirks: When she's nervous about a battle she'll take time out of her day to sit and sharpen her blade.

Fears: People who are not what they seem

Phobias: Aphenphosmphobia-the fear of being touched

I would like to keep most of her backstory hidden so that it may be learned by the other characters. But I shall give a brief summary so you guys can know the just of it.

History: At the young age of 12 her parents were taken by necromancers for a dark ritual. Forced to care for herself and her sister, she took up her fathers bow and taught herself to hunt for their food. One day on her way back from the woods, belly rumbling, she heard a chilling scream. She ran back to the small shack her and her sister called home. When she arrived she found her home burning and her sister dead, some bandits had come and attacked while she was away. After a tearful burial she tracked the bandits footsteps and found their camp not too far away. In the dead of night she snuck into the camp and killed some bandits while they were asleep. Soon enough bandits that were on watch came back into camp and saw that most of their friends were dead, they rushed to inform the chief and found that Breyrenna had snuck into his quarters about to slit his throat aswell. The Bandit Chief woke up at this time and grabbed Breyrenna by the hair forcing her to her feet. Looking back at the smaller gang of bandits under his control, he was furious. "Where are the rest of my men!" He screamed. One of the older bandits came with the answer, "That girl has killed them!" The Chief look down at the small girl and laughed. "This girl? Barely old enough to fend for herself, killed half of my men?" The other bandits laughed along with him until they heard "Yes, I killed them. Shame I missed some of you, free me and let me fix that mistake!" She pulled a dagger from the Chief belt and cut off the hair he had gripped. In Shock all the bandits just stood there. Until their Chief started to laugh yet again, "Young girl, how could you ever hope to kill us all? When the only reason you killed so many already was because they were asleep?" Breyrenna ran towards the man dagger raised high, and was abruptly stopped as on if the other bandits grabbed her by the back of her tunic, making her drop the dagger in the process. "See my dear child," the Chief cooed "you will never be able to take us all." A knowing smile graced his features. "But I have a better idea in mind for you, join us and I will teach you everything I know. Become one of us and your pass transgressions will be forgiven." She though about it for a moment, "What if I don't want to be in your group of cowards, that destroy homes and kill children! YOU expect me to want to join you, but you killed my sister! And I will not forgive it! Now or ever!!!" She then proceeded to spit in the mans face, earning a fast slap to her cheeks. "Oh poor girl, you know nothing about the world. We didn't just randomly go to your house, to kill you both. We were given a job from a necromancer, and we're bound by blood to go through with it." He smiled. "Who..." She said quietly. "Hmm? What was that?" "WHO GAVE YOU THE JOB!" She starts to struggle, trying to get away from her captor so she could beat it out of them. The Bandit Chief just smiled. "If you really want to know, you'll join us. Let us teach you how to actually protect yourself. Your going to need it, if your so hell bent on revenge." He chuckles as the girl finally stops struggling. "You will tell me who wanted us dead?" She asks. "Yes, as soon as you are the best fighter in this gang. Then and only then will I tell you. Might you remember that you don't really have a choice, if you refuse my men will put you down." He sits awaiting her answer. "Fine, I will join you, but do not expect me to agree with everything you do." The Chief smiles. "Oh I count on it."

Breyrenna has lived with the bandits for at least 8 years. She is one of the best bladesmen and the best archer the group of bandits has ever seen. But it's only when she can defeat the chief own son in a sword fight that he tells the girl the only thing she wants to hear. "Breyrenna, you have grown as one of our own. So I will again give you a choice. Stay and help my son lead the group. Stop your silly notion for revenge, and be who we made you to be. Or leave. I will tell my men to let you walk through those gates, but you will never be allowed back in." She pauses for a minute. She has trained, day in and day out, for the past 8 years. For just this moment, to get the name of the necromancer who wanted her family killed. "Give me the name of the necromancer." She says. The Chief looks down at the girl he and his people have raised. Ruthless, cunning, and swift as deaths arrow. He smiles yet again, "Dear Brey, we know not the name of the necromancer who wanted you dead. We only know this symbol that was given to us." With that he pulls out a piece of paper with an odd mark on it. She looks it over for any sign that she might've been able to remember. "Is this it?!" She screams. "This is what I've been working for these years I've been with you and your cut throats!" The Chief chuckles yet again, still amused by her temper. "Yes child, now that you've made your choice, it's time for you to go." As she turns around to leave the tent the last thing she hears is "but you'll never be able to forget the things you've done. Just for a scrap of paper."

Sorry everyone. I didn't notice that it was kind of hard to read. Hope this one is better. I went a little farther into her history than I was going to but I like it anyway. Hope to hear from you soon on what you think of Breyrenna!

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    Alright, I think I'll take two-three more writers.

Signus

Name: Andros Haorsson

Race: Nord

Age and Date of Birth: 38, 22nd of Last Seed

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual, though he seldom shows any interest.

Class: Bounty hunter/warrior

Weapons: A two handed bearded axe, which he uses as his primary, and a steel dagger as his backup weapon.

Armour:
    He wears a mix of scale and leather armour, steel capped boots, and a helmet that covers the upper half of his face. The lower half of his face, including his neck, is concealed by a cloth mask. It is thin enough for him to be heard without lowering the mask.

Combat Preference : Andros is a warrior, performing best when in the thick of combat. His bearded axe, wielded by capable hands, is capable of chopping through light armour, and the flesh beneath, with absurd ease. Using a long weapon like an axe, of course means he needs plenty of room to swing.Should he get trapped in narrow confines or somehow lose his weapon, Andros switches over to his long steel dagger. He lacks any magical skills, and isn't much of an archer. In extreme circumstances, he can throw his dagger, but there's no guarantee he'll cause any damage.

Character Appearance : Haorsson stands at just under six feet (5'10"), and weighs in at nearly 200 lbs. He is extremely fit, his job as a bounty hunter, and his weapon of choice having built up impressive musculature. He has dark, steel grey eyes, and his hair and beard are cut short and a black as night. His entire body is covered in scars, but the ones he works to hide are the two circular marks on his throat.

Personality : Andros is a cold, focused individual. He makes little to no attempt at communication, besides the occasional curt word or grunt. He was not always like this, but the traumatic events of his past have scarred him irreparably. He prefers to work alone, but he will do his best to keep his companions alive, should he work with others. As a bounty hunter, he has an interest in seeing the law upheld. However, his main concern is taking down his target. If this means the others of his group must suffer, or the law might be broken,so be it.

Dislikes: Vampires, large groups of people, overly friendly people and...himself.

Quirks : Tends to lightly tap his fingers against the flat of his axe when waiting. When nervous, his foot will begin to tap without any real rythm.

Fears Include at least one. : Losing control. Having others share his fate.

Phobias: Pyrophobia, the fear of fire. Even before his transformation, large flames made him nervous. Now, they render him nearly catatonic.

History : Several years ago, Andros Haorsson was a simple man, living in the Rift with his wife and two children. He worked as a bounty hunter for the jarl of Riften, bringing criminals of the hold to justice. Though he was by no means a rich man, the nord and his family were comfortable, and by no means starving.

However, Andros made the mistake of taking a bounty on a high ranking fence, operating out of redwater den. As was the usual, he brought the man back to Riften, turning him over to the city guard. What he didn't know, was that the fence was a thrall for a powerful vampire, who'd been using him to finance his own operations in the Rift.

Several nights later, the vampires attacked. Andros' family lived in a small cabin outside of the city. The attack was fast and brutal. Andros, desperate to save his family, fought the master vampire. It was a short and one sided affair.
    The vampire, imbued with unnatural strength, speed, and centuries of experience, brought Andros to the brink of death. With his family dead, the broken nord waited for death. But something so much worse awaited him.

To his horror, he awoke the next morning, flesh burning in the sunlight. Through enormous strength of will, he forced himself to seek shelter, determined to bring the murderers to justice. Three words keep him going. They.Will.Pay.

Dialogue color: This red, if available.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Name: Andros Haorsson

Race: Nord

Age and Date of Birth: 38, 22nd of Last Seed

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual, though he seldom shows any interest.

Class: Bounty hunter/warrior

Weapons: A two handed bearded axe, which he uses as his primary, and a steel dagger as his backup weapon.

Armour:
    He wears a mix of scale and leather armour, steel capped boots, and a helmet that covers the upper half of his face. The lower half of his face, including his neck, is concealed by a cloth mask. It is thin enough for him to be heard without lowering the mask.

Combat Preference : Andros is a warrior, performing best when in the thick of combat. His bearded axe, wielded by capable hands, is capable of chopping through light armour, and the flesh beneath, with absurd ease. Using a long weapon like an axe, of course means he needs plenty of room to swing.Should he get trapped in narrow confines or somehow lose his weapon, Andros switches over to his long steel dagger. He lacks any magical skills, and isn't much of an archer. In extreme circumstances, he can throw his dagger, but there's no guarantee he'll cause any damage.

Character Appearance : Haorsson stands at just under six feet (5'10"), and weighs in at nearly 200 lbs. He is extremely fit, his job as a bounty hunter, and his weapon of choice having built up impressive musculature. He has dark, steel grey eyes, and his hair and beard are cut short and a black as night. His entire body is covered in scars, but the ones he works to hide are the two circular marks on his throat.

Personality : Andros is a cold, focused individual. He makes little to no attempt at communication, besides the occasional curt word or grunt. He was not always like this, but the traumatic events of his past have scarred him irreparably. He prefers to work alone, but he will do his best to keep his companions alive, should he work with others. As a bounty hunter, he has an interest in seeing the law upheld. However, his main concern is taking down his target. If this means the others of his group must suffer, or the law might be broken,so be it.

Dislikes: Vampires, large groups of people, overly friendly people and...himself.

Quirks : Tends to lightly tap his fingers against the flat of his axe when waiting. When nervous, his foot will begin to tap without any real rythm.

Fears Include at least one. : Losing control. Having others share his fate.

Phobias: Pyrophobia, the fear of fire. Even before his transformation, large flames made him nervous. Now, they render him nearly catatonic.

History : Several years ago, Andros Haorsson was a simple man, living in the Rift with his wife and two children. He worked as a bounty hunter for the jarl of Riften, bringing criminals of the hold to justice. Though he was by no means a rich man, the nord and his family were comfortable, and by no means starving.

However, Andros made the mistake of taking a bounty on a high ranking fence, operating out of redwater den. As was the usual, he brought the man back to Riften, turning him over to the city guard. What he didn't know, was that the fence was a thrall for a powerful vampire, who'd been using him to finance his own operations in the Rift.

Several nights later, the vampires attacked. Andros' family lived in a small cabin outside of the city. The attack was fast and brutal. Andros, desperate to save his family, fought the master vampire. It was a short and one sided affair.
    The vampire, imbued with unnatural strength, speed, and centuries of experience, brought Andros to the brink of death. With his family dead, the broken nord waited for death. But something so much worse awaited him.

To his horror, he awoke the next morning, flesh burning in the sunlight. Through enormous strength of will, he forced himself to seek shelter, determined to bring the murderers to justice. Three words keep him going. They.Will.Pay.

Dialogue color: This red, if available.

That dialogue color is already being used by myself for my character Maelin, but other than that, lovely character!!

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    @Signus Also make sure that you read up on all the other posts in this thread so far, that way you know the already requested colours for each character that's been posted too!

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    @TheDreamersverse I notice that in your wonderful CC repost you forgot to request your dialogue colour.

So far here are the colours for each character that have been requested so far; along with all their links for anybody looking for a quick and easy way to get to any of them! :D

@Thesius's characters:
    Lord Jonathan Gravus is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    Gavin Feller is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    Tollis Thraen is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    Pyrus Vanius is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    Jysella Vanius is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    All other NPC Characters are by request to be using THIS COLOUR as well.
    @EpicVakarian's Character:
    Kyra Woodsly is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    @Specter of Death's Character:
    Maelin is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    @Madrar's Character:
    Aldrem Dane is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    @TheDreamersverse's Character
    Whenever you specify it, Breyrenna Ferrow will be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    @Signus's Character:
    Andros Hoarsson will be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    I'm posting this for any other writers who come and join, that way it's easier to find people's CC's via the links, and that way they know what colours are what in the post if confusion ever ensues!

Last edited:

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    @TheDreamersverse Perfect, updating the list!

@Thesius's characters:
    Lord Jonathan Gravus is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    Gavin Feller is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    Tollis Thraen is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    Pyrus Vanius is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    Jysella Vanius is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    All other NPC Characters are by request to be using THIS COLOUR as well.
    @EpicVakarian's Character:
    Kyra Woodsly is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    @Specter of Death's Character:
    Maelin is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    @Madrar's Character:
    Aldrem Dane is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    @TheDreamersverse's Character
    Whenever you specify it, Breyrenna Ferrow will be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    @Signus's Character:
    Whenever you specify it, Andros Hoarsson will be using THIS COLOUR [Link]

EpicVakarian

Is there a way to pin that message to the original thread so it's easier to find in future? It's a really handy tool for colours and checking CCs for stuff.

Screeching Spasmodically

Spasmodic Screecher
    Name: Khajira

Race: Khajiit

Age and Date of Birth: 25, 11th of Rain's Hand

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Class: Rogue/Warrior

Weapons: A two handed steel glaive, with a slightly curving edge. She also has a pair of elven daggers, which she wears on thigh sheathes.

Armour: She wears cuir builli armour, allowing her to take some hits, before she is any real danger. However, the main reason she chose the leather is because of the mobility it gives her. Heavy plate and chainmail is well and good, but only if the wearer intends to take hits. Leather boots offer her feet some protection, as do her gauntlets. She refrains from using headwear, except in foul weather, when she covers herself in a hooded grey cloak.

Combat Preference : Khajira is an extremely acrobatic fighter, throwing rolls and leaps into her fighting style, sometimes using the enemy against themselves. Her main defence is not being where the enemy expects her to be. This allows her to leap into the thick of the fighting and come out the other side unharmed. She prefers to open the fight with her glaive, slashing and stabbing as she engages the enemy. Should the press of bodies become too close for her longer weapon, Kajira switches to the elven daggers, allowing for extremely close combat. If she should somehow lose those, she switches to her natural claws, shredding the unarmored flesh of the enemy.

Character Appearance: Kajira is a slim, unassuming woman, with beige/cream coloured fur, and darker stripes starting at the corner of her eyes, and running to the back of her neck, and ending just before her shoulders. She has deep golden eyes, best described as pools of gold. and tufted, narrow ears. You wouldn't know it to look at her, but she is surprisingly strong, due to her years of combat experience. She stands at 5'5", and weighs around 100 lbs, soaking wet.

Personality : Khajira is an outgoing, friendly individual when not in the midst of a fight. She's eager to discover new things and meet new peoples, though her disregard for the law has gotten her in trouble from time to time. Despite her eager exterior, she is slow to trust, and not likely to forgive a betrayal. Often times, she comes across as naive, only to reveal a dangerous understanding of the motives of men and mer.

Dislikes: Strict laws, liars, being underestimated.

Quirks : Will tug on the tips of her ears when bored or thinking.

Fears Include at least one. : Imprisonment.

Phobias: Claustrophobia

History : "This khajiit guards the others." These are words Khajira has spoken many times over the past five years. She joined up with the roaming khajiiti caravans to satisfy her wanderlust. Staying in one place only long enough to make a profit before moving on. She has seen plenty of wondrous places, and been in even more fights, with monsters or opportunistic bandits. Her life is fairly easy, despite the occasional attack on the road.

This is the problem. Khajira has, and most likely always will lust for adventure. The life of a caravan guard was exciting, at first, but now it has become dull and routine. In High Rock, she hears about some long lost lord seeking volunteers for a dangerous expedition. She takes her leave of her companions, with promises to return with many trinkets for her troubles. The Khajiit rogue makes her way towards the town of Crossmore, eager for another adventure.

Dialogue color:
    This.

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    @TheArgonianDrell has requested the last slot. Don't know when he's planning on posting his CC but hopefully by tomorrow latest. So, that wraps up the recruitment phase. I might consider other cards if we lose someone, but other than that, I think we've got enough writers. I'll update the start of the thread.

EpicVakarian

As in the opening message on this thread - if it could be edited to include a link to the character cards and dialogue colours? That'd be really handy.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    As in the opening message on this thread - if it could be edited to include a link to the character cards and dialogue colours? That'd be really handy.

My post has both those things, so I’m sure Thesius could copy paste it in there at his leisure—or I could do so for him with his permission! :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts