OOC <18+> Demons in the Dark

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    @EpicVakarian Do you mean the first post in this thread, or the Original Demons in the Dark RP OOC thread from the first time this story was run?

@Thesius Does this mean that @Screeching Spasmodically is or isn't accepted? I'll add him to the list I made once you specify. Are we going to be waiting for @TheArgonianDrell to apply before starting an IC?

Sorry, I was a little unclear. I meant that she's accepted, and that I'd be closing recruiting after Drell. As to the list of characters, I can edit that into the top post.

Also, my days off start tomorrow, so that's when the IC will be up. At what time exactly, I don't know. But tomorrow.

Last edited:

TheArgonianDrell

I've got a pair of characters planned. Don't really have time to write up a CC for them tonight, but the should be done and up by tomorrow morning.

TheArgonianDrell

Name: Sothas Abrium, the Iron Drake.

Race: Argonian

Age and Date of Birth: 37, 4th of Mid Year

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Class: Warrior/ Bulwark

Weapons: Sothas wields a hand and a half sword, that brings to mind images of a cleaver, rather than an actual combat blade. It curves very slightly, with a flared tip, perfect for hewing through flesh and sinew. It is on this side of the weapon that has the edge. The material is a hybrid between steel and orichalcum, making the blade surprisingly durable. The large argonian is strong enough to wield the weapon one handed, freeing up his other hand to wield his tower shield.

Armour: Sothas dons heavy plate to wade into battle. It is slightly darker than your average steel plate, with noticable reinforcement to the torso and shoulder area. At the arms and legs, he is covered with chainmail, and underneath, thin leather to absorb and dissipate blows. Only his head and tail are exposed, which he uses his shield to protect during battle. With all this heavy plate and mail, it is understandable that Sothas is more of a stationary fighter, and moves slower than most of his companions. He's conditioned himself to be able to maintain a good pace when on the march, but most enemies will see him as a tempting target for ranged weaponry.

His shield, though not armour in the sense that he wears it, is an important part of his gear. A concave construction, with a thin layer of steel on the outside, covering sturdy wooden planks, with a layer of leather on the inside. A pair of horizontal grips, centered on the interior of the shield, and several inches apart, allow him to lift and wield it in combat. An iron boss is centered, allowing for punching actions. A thick leather strap allows him to carry it across his back when not in combat.

Combat Preference: Sothas is best described as a glacier in combat. Strong and slow. Everything about his fighting style emphasizes pure power, at the cost of speed and maneuverability. When battle is joined, he brings up his shield, allowing it to absorb blows, while hacking and slashing at the enemy with his sword. From the front, he is all but immune to arrow fire. However, he is vulnerable to being outmaneuvered by fast opponents, and a group working together can easily surround and defeat him. When facing the enemy, especially in a confined space, his victory is all but assured.

If, he should by choice or coincidence lose his shield, or be unable to use it, he switches to a savage, two handed fighting style. Almost every blow will be an overhand chop, allowing him to crush through weaker enemy defences. He incorporates his tail as well, throwing spinning slashes into his attacks, whacking enemies and throwing them off balance, before delivering death with his blade. He can fight in hand to hand combat, and is strong enough to do some serious damage, but he prefers his weapon and will, obviously, use it the sword, rather than his fists.

Character Appearance: Fitting with his name, most of Sothas' scales are a dark grey, with the exception of those on the underside of his jaw, throat and lower torso. A pair of long, six inch horns curve backwards from the back of his skull. Inch long bone growths line either side of his jaw, lending him a rather draconic appearance. His turqoise eyes and slit pupil stand out against the dark scale of his head, and make them and obvious target. A long, jagged scar stretches from the corner of his right eye to the base of his jaw.

Due to the extreme endurance required to move and fight with his gear, Sothas is very muscled, though as mentioned, not very agile. He is just over two metres tall, (6' 1"), making him even more intimidating, even out of his armour. Out of armour, he weighs just shy of 200 lbs. Burn scars mark his right arm, from the elbow up to the shoulder. His tail has acquired several small scars over the course of his career.

Personality: If one were to judge Sothas by just his appearance, they would assume him to be a vicious, careless killer. This could not be further from the truth. Though he enjoys a good fight, he also cares deeply about others, and will throw himself into danger for his companions or innocents. He believes in upholding the law, so long as the law doesn't oppress the people. He is eager to engage others in conversation, whether it be about battle tactics or simply idle talk.

Likes: Helping others, seeing justice done, making friends, defending the weak.

Dislikes: Tyrants, racists, murderers.

Quirks : Will trace the scar on his face when lost in thought. Tends to click his teeth together when bored or impatient.

Fears Include at least one. : Failure. Not being good enough to help, especially when his assistance could have saved lives.

Phobias: Thanatophobia. He does not fear his own death, but those of his companions and friends.

History : As his name would suggest, Sothas was not born in Black Marsh. He was raised by a blacksmith and his wife in the Cyrodiilic city of Leyawiin. When he was old enough, his adoptive father took Sothas as an apprentice blacksmith, teaching him how to forge and repair arms and armour, as well as more mundane objects. A few years later, both of the argonians' parents' came down with a persistent sickness. With Sothas unable to help, both passed away. With no reason to stay, he closed the family smithy, and left the city behind.

Without much purpose, Sothas wandered from city to city, offering his smithing services to those that could pay. Eventually, he joined up with the fighters' guild, who accepted such a capable smith with open arms. For several years, Sothas took jobs for the guild, and in that time, he developed his unique fighting style. The argonian left the guild after a spectacularly botched job saw nearly a dozen innocents massacred. This was also when he acquired the burn scars on his arm, trying to save those he could.

Once again, he became a wanderer, offering both his smithing and fighting skills. It was during a job to clear out a bandit den that he met his friend and companion, the dunmer woman Aylira Taliir. He saved her life, at the expense of a vicious wound that nearly blinded him. The two became fast friends after that time. Several months of adventuring later, news of a lord Gravus appearing up in High Rock has the unlikely pair, argonian warrior and dunmer rogue heading for the town of Crossmore.

Dialogue color: I'll have this for Sothas. (Mint green, 7th column, third from top. )

TheArgonianDrell

Name: Aylira Taliir

Race: Dunmer

Age and Date of Birth: 29,Sun's Height.

Sexual Preference: Bisexual

Class: Assassin/Rogue

Weapons: A dozen throwing knives, stored in a bandolier that crosses from her right shoulder to her left hip. For close combat, she wields a short bladed sickle sword, and a long, curving dagger.
    download.jpg

images.jpg

Armour: Aylira wears a mishmash of leather and steel. Though mostly made of leather, allowing swift and silent movement, for the most part, the dunmer rogues' shoulders, and forearms are covered by steel armour. The armour protecting her torso is reinforced with steel, but it's predominantly leather. Her boots are soft soled, allowing for stealthy movement, even on hard surfaces.

Combat Preference : Aylira prefers to commence her attack from the shadows, with ranged attacks. She is a skilled archer, but her real skill lays in the use of her sickle bladed khopesh, which she took off a redguard bandit leader early in her career. Where Sothas is a stationary, powerful fighter, who relies on his reach, shield and armour to stay alive, Aylira is the opposite.

She is in constant movement, opening an artery or slashing a muscle before moving on. When forced to stand and fight, she uses her two blades in tandem, opening up the opponents guard with one blade, and finishing them off with the other. However, Aylira is best suited to fight on the edges of an engagement, picking off archers, mages, and harrying reinforcements, while the more heavily armed folks draw their attention.

Dislikes: Lawmen, strict rules, having her true feelings laid bare.

Quirks : Plays with her dagger when bored or waiting.

Fears Include at least one. : Losing Sothas (though she'd never admit it.)

Phobias: Aquaphobia- a persistent, irrational fear of water. Drowning, specifically.

History : Born to a simple family in Skyrim, Aylira spent most of her early days on her own. She resented the nords lording it over her people, and often dreamt of leaving Skyrim far behind. As she grew older, she actively began pursuing that goal. Thieving from wealthy nord families and storing the money away for her eventual departure. For over a year she did this, never being caught or suspected. The one first time she was caught, was also the first time she took a life.

Rather than feelings of guilt or horror at her actions, she found she enjoyed it. When the civil war broke out, she offered her services as a freelance assassin to the empire. With each kill, she grew in experience, revising her techniques until she could complete an assignment without anyone noticing she'd been there, the only evidence being the cooling body she left behind.

When the war wrapped up, the empire began hiring her to go after the leaders of the more troublesome bandit groups. Though she enjoyed success for quite some time, it wasn't long before a small group of wiser bandits got together, and set up a trap. A contract was placed on one of the group, and the others lay in wait. When Aylira arrived to carry out the killing, she was ambushed and overwhelmed. If not for Sothas' timely intervention, she would have met her end at their hands. Since that day, she has traveled at Sothas' side, determined to repay him for saving her life.

Dialogue color: This bronze-brown. Third column, second from bottom.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Here's the new and final list of links and dialogue colours! This way you can just copy paste easily if you'd prefer Thesius! :)

@Thesius's characters:
    Lord Jonathan Gravus is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    Gavin Feller is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    Tollis Thraen is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    Pyrus Vanius is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    Jysella Vanius is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    All other NPC Characters are by request to be using THIS COLOUR as well.
    @EpicVakarian's Character:
    Kyra Woodsly is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    @Specter of Death's Character:
    Maelin is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    @Madrar's Character:
    Aldrem Dane is going to be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    @TheDreamersverse's Character
    Breyrenna Ferrow will be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    @Signus's Character:
    Andros Hoarsson will be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    @TheArgonianDrell Character:
    Sothas Abrium will be using THIS COLOUR [Link]
    Aylira Taliir will be using THIS COLOUR [Link]

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    Yeah, just working on one now. Should be up in the next few minutes.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Alright, my intro's up. Let me know if there is anything you want me to change, Thesius.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    I'm not really sure what to write for an intro, I'm a little rusty tbh. Apologies

Hale Loneshadow

I see you said that recruitment for this RP would close after Drell's characters, but if it's alright I'd really like to get in on this. Been out of the forums for awhile, but I came back in very recently and I'm looking to get back to writing my old character I used for a few different RP's on here.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Considering we have 12 characters already, I’m not sure you picked the right time to apply Hale, however I won’t speak on behalf of Thesius. All I know is he has said already he’s no longer taking new characters—and again, given the count is 12, I’m not sure that decision would be subject to change. Unless your character is impossible to refuse ;)

Hale Loneshadow

No worries mate! I just started my own RP so hopefully that kicks off. I'll post my hopefully too-good-to-refuse character here in any case :rolleyes:

EDITED cause I'm a dip and forgot my CC

Name: Hale Loneshadow

Race: Evondalian (human) -Unknown to others except close friends-

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Age: 177 (Looks like he's in his late twenties; explanation further down)

Dislikes: General arseholes, prissy women, and most wizards...with a passion.

Quirks: Tendency to hum tunes of his homeland while on the march; smoking a mite too much!

Equipment/Gear: His mithril bastard sword, Sindar, is blessed with an enchantment of Ice, to dispel fire both natural and magical. His great-bow, Toril, has a minor lightning enchantment, to give each arrow fired an added kick! He wears a black cowl with a green-white outline, which he typically dons on the road during overcast and rainy days. Hale also wears a sturdy leather breastplate, underlined with woven chainmail, with a metal plate covering his heart and a pauldron on his left shoulder. Four kunai-style throwing knives as well as a ranging knife (think smaller Bowie knife) are hidden amongst his person, as well as three wands: one of a barrier of protection, one of banishment, and one of fireball. Unfortunately, the fireball wand takes much time to recharge, the banishment wand can only be used 9 times in its existence, and the barrier spell has a very limited range.

Personality: Hale is a charming, good nature'd man. As a Ranger, while he seeks the thrill of the road and adventure, Hale was taught to never sell himself out. As his adoptive father, Avalin the Seeker taught him many times over: the true Hero never actively seeks glory or adulation; they seek to better the world and help the goodly races through no other reasoning than to do just that. Due to this, Hale tended to clash with those of the more rouge-ish nature, as well as the glory-hounding types such as sellswords, thieves, and. fame-seeking warriors and mercenaries. Although, recent circumstances have somewhat warped this paladin-like attitude, with Hale now being a bit more jaded and rakish than his past self would have ever allowed him to be. Although, this does lighten the loads of both his humorous and debaucherous sides!

History:

The full tale of Lord Hale De'Telamanter --more commonly known among the smallfolk as The Loneshadow -- is not a short nor simple one. However, the story of how this Paladin-Ranger came to become an exile to Skyrim (and Tamriel in general), is an important one.

Seventy years before the Civil War of Skyrim, Hale resided in the Holy Kingdom of Evondale, a classic fairytale kindom of a righteous King and Queen, paladins and rangers, and happy commonfolk. He was born of semi-royal blood, first cousin (and best friends) to the Prince of Evondale, Pelham Telamanter. As such, he was blessed at an early age with the Oath and Divinity of a Paladin - a hero whose destiny it was to smite the evils that would threaten the lands. He was also trained as a master ranger at the hands of Avalain the Seeker, the most renowned ranger in the realm, and also the man who became an adoptive father to him. Hale De'Telamanter was also betrothed to marry his true love, Princess Ashera Telamanter.

That was, until, the evil empire of Thayvar attacked, led by the powerful sorceror-emporer Garumn the Mad.
    The war was swift and brutal, with the king and queen brutally killed, the princess captured and held in a magical cell of ice, and both Hale and Prince Pelham fled. Both of the great friends knew not where the other was, not even knowing if the other was alive, as the Prince - in order to save his greatest friend's life - shoved Hale through a dimensional portal created long ago as a last contingency. Hale arrives in Skyrim as an exile (around 4E 180), vowing revenge while the same time, vowing to honor his mentor and Oaths, to help this strange land out however possible. For the next ~22 years posing as a Breton ranger, he continues to use his gifts for exactly that purpose, while continuing his search for a way to find and retake his homeland.

Unfortunately, even a nearly two-hundred year old protector of the people can still fall to despair, which inevitably leads to vices. While he has never once abandoned his Oaths to continue his many quests, he has fallen in with rakish and rouge-ish crowds as of late, imbibing in everything from late nights, draughts of ale, high-stakes gambling, squealing barmaids, particular herbs, and more, shedding some of his paladin-like attitudes with them. Regardless, Hale Loneshadow marches on, if he marches somewhat aimlessly..

Unknown to Hale, there is an archaic prophecy that not only foretold the Fall of Evondale, but also of a Hero that would one day retake the ancient kingdom, but first must go through many trials in a far-off realm...

Hale Loneshadow

TheArgonianDrell

I haven't forgotten about this- I'll get my intro up tomorrow sometime.

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    @Hale Loneshadow normally I'd say Specter of Death is right. But you do have a fairly unique character, since the only other archer/ranger type is TheDreamerVerses. So, I'll say you're in. Pick a dialogue colour and get an intro up.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts