18+ The Deathland Riders

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details

A Brief Prelude

In the year one-ninety-one of the Fourth Era, in the wake of the Baron's untimely death, a union of pirates nesting in Stros M'Kai made themselves known. As one would expect of their ilk, they were fercious, unruly, and utterly lawless, taking to brutal raids, merciless robbery, and cowardly evasion of local authorities. However, they'd soon prove troublesome and inventive in their violent incursions; not only declaring the island a haven for outliers of conventional law and custom, but expertly targeting the naval affairs of both the Aldmeri Dominion and the Third Empire.

Across an almost unchecked four-year reign, they single-handely disrupted national postage, decimated military outposts and flagships, and slaid several thousand personnel of both factions, all the while rallying the sullen hearts of grievers and veterans across Tamriel. They were thought, for a time, to be unstoppable and unrivaled in their influence and reach. But when infighting broke out and spelled their downfall, a joint-force navy assembled to bring about their inevitable and absolute destruction.

Through a year-long collaboration with Hammerfell's government and officials, the day of reckoning came and went; in a twenty-eight-hour finale of blood, sweat, and desperation, the pirates were finally crushed and scattered, leaving nearly a hundred souls to answer for the sins of their fallen comrades.

This is the story of those survivors. A splinter-gang that would come to be known as the Deathland Riders, reminiscent in their acts of calculated violence and formidable with their astute battle-senses and judgement. What comes after is nothing less than pure political chaos and bloodied mayhem, spurring five high-ranking officers to action and warranting a vicious manhunt from the treacherous expanses of Craglorn to the mysterious sands of the Alik'r Desert.

How it began is retold shamelessly to history long past, and how it would end is anyone's best guess. Read along and hope for peace, if you dare.

Hey guys and gals! Been a long time since I've been active on this half of the forums! This was certainly the last story I expected to write about, let alone have the vigor and dedication to do so. But nostalgia is a powerful object, and it knows no bounds in privacy, intimacy, and objection.

I've thought for a long time about how this particular story might end, if I had the right to broach it and tell its bare sentiment to a self-satisfed justice. But that's a disgusting product of abundant overthinking and severe under-crediting, and frankly I'm sick of it. I'll tell my tale and you can decide if you like what I have to say, for better or worse.

Hell, I'm not even sure how many chapters I'll need, but I mapped them out just in case; you can never be too sure, right? I'll try to avoid boxing you in with word-walls, but I surely can't promise it. Creativity knows no boundaries either, after all.

We'll start on a humble once-per-week posting, and up it from there as I am able to accomodate. I'll let you all know beforehand if something comes up, and we'll adjust from there. I welcome any and all criticisms, constructive or free-willing, so long as they pertain to this story.

I missed this feeling, and I missed all of you. I really did.

Let's see how this goes.​

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts