OOC Deliverance from his Vigilance

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Alright, let's talk story, shall we? I won't give away to much, but I will be explaining the stuff that ya'll need to know. Hlif is the one exception being that her character has those future seeing abilities. Anyways, here is what I am thinking for the beginning.

I will introduce Ash and Lupos as they are coming north. They will seek people out to help them on their quest of the supernatural. They will then shortly settle in Falkreath. When all of the characters meet up, Ash will explain that the reason they are seeking people out is because there have been multiple kidnappings the south of Skyrim, and that they were going to stopping them. Ash plans on testing the group, by taking them to the most outlandish claim of seeing the kidnapper: A Crypt just south of Falkreath. Now, because she thinks that it is likely just a fake siting, she is only testing the group, However, it just so happens that it is actually the main housing of the napper.

Now it is difficult to explain all of this without giving EVERYTHING away, but in short, they come in contact with their first Void Beings. 4 of which happen to be Void Wraiths, or Specters of Death... :D, and the other is what Ash would call a Fear Ripper. I will explain the void beings in a mommen. Now, because they are outnumbered the group will then run. After Hiking, and then setting a camp, there is a secret Ash will be keeping from the group that I will not reveal until a bit later.

That's all that I will explain from their, because I just want to show ya'll the path this thing will start to take. Onto the Void Beings; i.e our main enemies. The Void is said to be the "nothingness" surrounding everything else. Aedric, Daedric and Mortal. However, this Nothingness is also said to be the home of Sithis, the patron of death, himself. Keeping this in mind, this leaves many other dark beings to exist here. And though they haven't ever been seen by most mortal eyes, many Urgents have studied them. Our first encounter will cover that of the Specters/Wraiths and the Ripper.

NOTE: All Void Beings will be shrouded/covered/surrounded by a thick cloud of black, that represents the nothingness in which they come from. This can look like anything from a dark cloud surrounding them, to a pitch black room, or even a black 'muck' like liquid drooping from them.

Now the Specters will essentially be 4 horseman, similar to that of the Ring Wraiths of LOTR. They will be seeking our group, in order to capture them and take them into the Void. Just like the rest of the souls that they reap. The Ripper is a being of pure fear. Unless you have conquered all of your fears you will never see this being's true face. It takes the shape of your fears. Whether that be giving the illusion of you drowning, or it becoming a giant spider.

Forgive me for making his all seem like a jumbled mess, because that is exactly what it is. It's all just jumbled around my messy head, and floating on paper and word docs alike. I hope this all goes to plan, and Hopefully I will have our IC open this Saturday Night at the latest.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    These void beings sound most intriguing! :D Definitely a foe worth hunting/being hunted by.

The more I hear about our enemies the more excited I am to face them. (Is that unhealthy? :p)

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Not at all Cap. Because it is a feeling that I have too. Im working in some art for ine I didnt mentiin but will play a role later on. I may add that here when Im done with it.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Finished my Void Being Sketch. This guy will actualky be a unique enemy in the RP, but I will leave that for ya'll to find out. I drew him in charcoal (with no real detail) then editted him digitalky for max epicness. If I hadn't have been rushing, this would look alot better. uploadfromtaptalk1411278523174.jpg

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Sorry if ya'll can't see the image. My internet is being stupid right niw, and as sson as it stops I shoukd have the IC up, and a link tomthis picture posted too. Thanks for hanging in!

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Hey Guys! I'm almost finished with the 1st post for the IC. It will be up tonight. YAY!!!

I have a question for ya'll though, so we can make this truly horror. What are you all really scared of?

I know that I'm afraid of abrupt abnormalities in our world. Like explainable events, weird coincidences, things moving in the corner of your eye etc.
    Spiders. Because bleh.
    The Supernatural and Paranormal
    Dolls
    Clowns

I only ask because It would be much easier to right horror if I have an idea of what my target 'audience' is afraid of. And because I don't really have one, but I have RP mates, I guess that makes you my audience. SO. I already have a good idea of how I'm gonna make this as scary as possible, but every little bit will help. :D

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Ooh. I like where this is going. Fears...fears...

Oh. right. Shuddering just thinking about them. Hope these are useful.

I'm a rather squeamish person, not in my writing, (I can get work with written morbidity) but the sight of the following just makes me ill. I'm afraid of profuse amounts of blood, not only that, but rituals or rites that use large quantities of it. Makes my skin crawl. Bones snapping, or protruding from the body. Being burned alive.

On topic, I also am afraid of ritualistic practices, but mostly those that bring otherworldly things into our realm. Ones that humans do to call upon something or someone. The thought of someone being stupid and bringing something malicious into our world worries me when I sit and ponder on it.

(Wolf queen Potema, anyone?)

Other things include:

Helplessness, whether it includes not being able to protect those I care for, or defend myself. A good example would be (without getting too dark): Watching as someone harmed or killed my family, or someone I love or care for, while being held back or restrained. I've always had a fear of seeing someone I love being tortured in front of me, with no way of saving them.

Drowning: My brother and I both nearly drowned in a pool on vacation when I was only around 8 or 9. The thought of water blocking my lungs terrifies me. Any sort of lack of breath worries me. If I can't breathe, I panic.

I'm sure I can give more, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment. Haha.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    IT'S UP YA'LL!!!!!!!!! Just click the IC next to Deliverance from His Vigilance in my Signature to get there! Hope it's a good enough HORROR vibe to start everything off.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Whoop whoop. :D

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Had some home issues. Sorry. Will post tonight.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    It's no problem. I've been busy as well. Just thought I'd urge some posts so we can get this thing going. I know I'm excited about it.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Prepare for a bit of a read. Ended up longer than I had expected. Hope it's a good opening, however!

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Brilliant start Cap. It was perfect. I LOVED it. I want to ask, just to be sure, you are headed towards Falkreath correct? I know the whole direction that you will be going from there. I just wanted to be sure. XD

Also, this little intro is a perfect example of the synergy our team will present. Ash will not only understand the issue but she won't pressure you to tell the tale. She will likely hope you will, but do to the fact that she has been down the same road, she will understand the pressure. I LOVE THIS GROUP OF CHARACTERS ALREADY.

And Farth, if the business is going to affect your posting schedule really hard, feel free to take a leave. We could make due without a guide for a little while. And if not then, I can attempt to figure something out. Just let me know! Good progress guys! :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts