• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chadonraz

Am I the only one finding it nearly impossible to complete the DG radiant quest "Hide and Seek" without getting in trouble?

My target is always a Visiting Advisor, who never has any dialogue to allow me to attempt to lead him away from the settlement he's spawned in.
Regardless of how stealthy I try to be, he nearly always manages to detect me when I attack him. And the few times he doesn't, I still get a 1000 bounty for killing him.

With my current character I could use Frenzy on him, since I have the "Master of the Mind" perk, but I don't want to risk him killing anyone. Even though it means I'll end up with a bounty on my head.

I did the quest (well, one version of it) last night, in Dragon Bridge. Having made my Sneak legendary, my "sneak attack" failed miserably... and then I had to fight the damn vampire while the guards joined him in trying to kill me. Being level 70+ myself the vampire was really strong - as were the guards. Had to down quite a few healing potions to survive, and was more than glad when the vamp finally died, allowing me to flee (the guards wouldn't accept my yield).

Would be awesome to be able to one-shot those "Advisors"... maybe I should craft an OP bow or sword for the sole purpose of doing this particular quest. Or I could cheat and do a momentary switch to Novice. :p

How do you deal with this oh so fun mission Gunmar sometimes offers?

JClarke1953

Well, you don't mention what platform you're using...or what build your char is. I play on XBox, and have not had what you've come across, yet.

I'd try the Bound Bow in a good sneak, or "bait" them (I do the Thalmor each time), so they attack first? I think if you send your follower to attack, you may still get the bounty.
Or if you can get them into the woods, let a bear or cat get them?

Or, from what I understand, you can reduce the difficulty and then put it back where you had it? You say your sneak is "Legendary"? How about your gear. Do you have a good sneak enchant on something?

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I usually don't bother to do this quest, but when I have to assassinate people (or simply want to) I always get quite far away and then shoot them with a bow. If I'm afraid that I'm going to get detected I will run away or use either a potion or spell to become invisible. Y0u could also maybe use a frenzy spell on the vampire in sneak mode and watch the guards kill the vampire for you, that is if the vampire doesn't resist frenzy.

Adam Warlock

If I can get that Advisor alone , Assassin`s Blade perk + Shrouded Hand Wraps works fine.

The hardest time I had was when he was in Riften.
He mostly hung out inside the crowded Bee and Barb but would occasionally come out , wander about , sit and munch bread.
I finally caught him on a bench beside the Temple of Mara out of the Guard`s line of sight.
Took at least 7 Skyrim hours of stalking him before the opportunity was presented

If I`m forced to use a ranged shot I use crossbow with Deadly Aim after drinking Fortify Marksman potion.

agreed it`s one of the most difficult "go kill" quests to accomplish cleanly as it`s possible for the target to be extremely strong with 800+ hp

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
Am I the only one finding it nearly impossible to complete the DG radiant quest "Hide and Seek" without getting in trouble?

Would be awesome to be able to one-shot those "Advisors"... maybe I should craft an OP bow or sword for the sole purpose of doing this particular quest. Or I could cheat and do a momentary switch to Novice. :p

When my sneak is low, and even when it is high, a bow is perfect for this. But, you need a good bow to make sure you get that one shot. However, if your sneak is at a terrifying low of 15.... that's going to be really hard. Do you have your enchanting up high? If so, you can enchant a bunch of gear with enhance sneaking and then cast muffle on yourself and see how that goes. I never bothered with that quest, so what happens if you wait an hour? Does he go to a more secluded area?

Seeing as how low your sneak is, unless you want to spend time increasing the actual skill, I think your best bet is a strong bow while wearing a bunch of sneak enchanted gear. Get as far away as possible when shooting the arrow at him. If you can get up high and look down on him when shooting, even better. Good luck!

(Sneak would be one of the last skills I would make legendary, oh boy)

Gigapact

When my sneak is low, and even when it is high, a bow is perfect for this. But, you need a good bow to make sure you get that one shot. However, if your sneak is at a terrifying low of 15.... that's going to be really hard. Do you have your enchanting up high? If so, you can enchant a bunch of gear with enhance sneaking and then cast muffle on yourself and see how that goes. I never bothered with that quest, so what happens if you wait an hour? Does he go to a more secluded area?

Seeing as how low your sneak is, unless you want to spend time increasing the actual skill, I think your best bet is a strong bow while wearing a bunch of sneak enchanted gear. Get as far away as possible when shooting the arrow at him. If you can get up high and look down on him when shooting, even better. Good luck!

Oh, and do this all at night time in the shadows. Will help a little.

Gigapact

Oh, and do this all at night time in the shadows. Will help a little.

Sorry! Somehow I completely messed up my reply. Didn't mean for it to be in the blue...

JClarke1953

My Sneak is Legendary as well, but what perks have you selected?

Like Gig suggested, check you gear, see what you have, your potions, and enchants. Can you enchant something to help increase the rating of your Sneak?

You're right though, the one in Riften is a pita. Don't forget, you don't have to do the radiant quests/jobs unless you wish. They get to be a pita after a bit. I like the Rescue or the Schematics jobs. Those are more "fun".

Chadonraz

My Sneak is back at 30+ already. I made it legendary, because it's not a skill that's essential to my style of play. I'm not an assassin or a thief.

I do have an archery enchantment on my gauntlets, but that's it. My boots are pre-enchanted, and I've switched from DP masks to the Aetherial Crown, so no custom enchantments there.

In general, I've chosen my gear not to specialize in any particular skills, but to enhance my attributes. My character is good at everything except pickpocket, and I've legendarized several skills that don't have any crucial perks or, like Sneak and Lockpicking, aren't "major" skills for me. Not the cleverest thing to do, I know, but I find it isn't causing me any real problems. :)

Anyway, more on topic: next time I get this quest, I'm probably going to just stalk the vampire (assuming it's another Advisor without dialogue) to try and get him alone. I wish he'd spawn in a city, so it would be easier to succeed. Dragon Bridge was far from ideal.

I know I don't need to do the radiant quests (especially since I already completed the questline), but they're fun. Even this particular one, as terrible as I am at it.

Oh, and I'm playing on the 360. Haven't gotten my PC yet. :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts