18+ (IC) ♪♫ Laughter From The Void ♫♪

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    “Sorry to tell you boy,” Rangar said to the younger assassin. “The only other man I see here is the blacksmith.”

Rangar indicated with his pointer finger revealing a small fork. He groaned, sometimes true believers can be pure idiots. So many things Rangar could have said but he decided it would be best to make nice. Well as nice as the gruff man could manage, thought he could already recognize the kind of people he was dealing with.

“You can be paranoid as you want, but always remember we are a family. I am your older brother. And I will not be petty enough to demand respect, but you will have to earn mine. I have been killing people for probably a decade longer than you, and all you really need to know is I have more ties to this order than you know. I have never been a thug, and am well studied.”

Rangar stood revealing he was nearly a head taller, and with twice the muscle mass. He had to consciously slow his movement, because his armor was like a second skin so the lack of its familiar weight made Rangar feel far to light.

“Now I am afraid I am too old to play Princess in her Castle with you Aden. But remember respect and trust is a two way road. And being a whining girl never impressed anyone.” Rangar picked up the envelope he selected for himself popping it open. Cassandra Victus, Rangar read breaking into a hunter’s smile. Lucky me, business that is begetting my other business. Back to Skyrim then, means he could take in the Redguard’s head too, Rangar thought about the body he trusted to the Fighter’s Guild. He smiled and mimicked the Breton’s accent almost perfectly if a bit deeper. “Now as much as I love the Jester whose only act is overbearing pretension, I find I have pressing business.”

Rangar grabbed some more food to take on his journey. He mused what was worse with a small smile as he went to gather his things: an idiotic noble or an idiot that thinks he is a noble. With a ritualized precision Rangar began to don his armor. Taking a few more bites of his meal. As hotheaded as I was, Rangar laughed. But definitely a better cook than I was at that age. Rangar took a deep breath through his nose. Yes this is good business, he thought. Ready to start his adventure back to Skyrim by picking up the head of the Redguard first.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Shadow rolled her eyes as the boys postured. It was all just for show and she wasnt interested. She walked over to the table and slid in beside Scarlet. Wyrm sat behind her on the floor and Shadow handed him a plate, which he proceeded to gnaw at with his fangs.

"Ah-ah! wait until there is food on it!" Shadow scolded him. He placed the plate on his head and she couldn't help but laugh softly, her smile lighting up her whole face. Shadow turned back to Scarlet. She poured her a tankard of spiced wine and one for herself, sipping the rich, heady liquid, feeling it warm her from the inside out. She wondered where Scarlet's contract was taking her.

"So where have you been? And who gave you these?" she held out her contract for Scarlet to see the black envelope.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Scarlet glanced across the room, watching the two males going back and forth at one another she spoke up "Hey hey hey... this isn't going to be a measurement fight is it? I agree with the manners thing but we don't need to be snippy asses about it" she took a sip from a glass "We are family, we should be acting like one!"

Shadow moved close to her "So where have you been? And who gave you these?" Scarlet looked behind her watching the scamp, before turning back to Shadow "Back home and a black cloaked figure" seeing Shadow raise her brow, she placed her hand on her shoulder "The Listener" smiling at her friend as they took their seats at the table she left a space between them, Scarlet patted the seat "Come on you little scamp you sit with us" as food started making it's was towards the table

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Daxos was the last to take his contract, finally feeling the desire to do so overwhelm his awe.

He didn't open his, but instead took it to his seat at the table.

He walked past his new friend, Scarlet, and the Shadow, the girl with a scamp for a pet. He felt a little odd as he watched the creature eat amongst them at the table. However, after watching the small bickering between it and it's owner, he got over it.

Somehow, the damned thing was like a cute, clueless animal. He shook his head with a chuckle and sat down, getting ready for the food to arrive.

As he did so, he finally opened the letter, and pulled out the contents.

He did not read them immediately, instead choosing to leave them folded for now. He felt almost wary. Feeling that as soon as he opened the letter and read it's contents, he couldn't turn back.

Purpose...The dark voice whispered in his mind again.

Without any further hesitation, he opened the folded letter, ready to find out what he was supposed to do.

After reading for a moment, a small, knowing smile came to his face...

This was going to be a bit interesting. Good fortune was smiling upon him.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    The Listener has been here? and had not made themselves known except to drop of their first contracts.. Shadow frowned but took Scarlet at her word. She had never known her friend to lie. She pulled out her contract again and re-read it, while the food was being placed on the table. Wyrm bounced beside her and she hushed him. The contract was written in an old fashioned script, with precise instructions on who her target was. Shadow was more than a little excited about her target. A well-to-do lady in the city of Solitude. Why, after the deed was done she could do a spot of Shopping. Shadow liked to take a souvenir from her victims. And since she had lost her entire clothing collection, she badly needed to restock her wardrobe. She hoped the lady was her size and not a fat pampered old crone.

It had been necessary for her to travel light for a long time, apart from her leather catsuit and heavy travelers cloak, her only possessions what she could carry in her satchel. Now she had a place to lay down some roots, she could indulge in her little obsession once again. Shadow smiled and folded the contract back up, stuffing it inside the black envelope. Everyone was now seated at the table and while Shadow found it confronting and slightly irritating, she sat and smiled and listened to the restrained, polite chatter. Everyone would be off tomorrow on their first jobs, tonight was most likely the first and last time they would all be together like this, one big family.

Shadow poured herself some more spiced wine and sipped at it. She then watched as Aden and the scamps placed platters of food on the table. The blond man and his band of scamps had really outdone themselves. Shadow was no cook but she could tell they had made an effort.

"This all looks wonderful. Thank you Aden..." she looked at the scamps "...and you two as well" she smiled at them. They looked a little surprised but then skipped off to get more food. Shadow was just wondering what Scamps ate when suddenly a pile of food appeared on Wyrm's plate.

"I didn't know you could do that?" she said in astonishment. Wyrm simply nodded as if to say easy, and bit in to a chicken leg. But Shadow's mind was churning..."How far can you teleport things?" Wyrm held the chicken leg in his mouth and put his hands together then spread them wide apart. Shadow didn't quite understand. "Do you mean just that far?" Wyrm shook his head and widened his arms further "Oh! You mean as far as you want?" the scamp nodded and resumed eating. Shadow raised an eyebrow. Interesting...very interesting. The possibilities were very intriguing....

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Scarlet received her plate filled with food, she looked at it and started to pick it apart, it was a habit of her, even as a child she did this, she liked knowing what was in her food, she started taking small bites before she cleared the entire plate, she slowly stood up, excusing herself from the table and thanking Aden and his scamps for the meal and headed towards her room.

She spent the rest of the evening packing and preparing for her contract, looking at the bed finally she noticed the black outfit laid out with a note "Hope it fits like a glove" she started to crack a smile, stripping her outfit, she slipped into her new gear, weightless and breathable she couldn't help but check her rear out in the mirror "Ah I do have an ass back there".

Grabbing the last of her supplies she slipped out through the temple, jumping on a carriage "As far you can take me to Markarth" the driver nodded and lurched the carriage forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aden Komad

Misfortunate Soul
    Aden had been quiet, deathly quiet, as the older and larger man postured. He seemed to be quite full of himself but unlike the Breton he actually believed he was what he said. He could have answered the fool man's words with foolish words of his own. However he decided he had nothing to prove; to any of them. The man's own arguments damned himself. A man didn't have to claim he was one. His eyes flashed sulfur yellow as the Nord gathered previsions and left, but only for an instant.

He said nothing as he and the two scamps set the table with dozens of different dishes. He said nothing as people spoke, whether around him or to him. He had had enough speaking for today. He was hopeful for his new family but already felt the all too familiar tug of the old ways. The Nord would be a problem. He was little more than an animal and didn't seem to respect the ways of the Dark Brotherhood. His little outburst of insults proved his weak mind as only the feeble of will turned so quickly to insults when all Aden had offered was a bit of constructive criticism. He tilted his head as the others ate, thinking to himself. We are either going to be brothers eventually or I am going to feed his corpse to the maggots.

The man snapped back to reality as Shadow spoke to him sweetly, "This all looks wonderful. Thank you Aden..."

"You are quite welcome," said Aden with a smile. "But I am suddenly weary and no longer have an appetite. I think I will just take my contract, then head to my room. By the by my room is not exactly...here. There is a sigil in the garden. Simply knock on it three times and it will open if I am in there."

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Everyone was leaving the table. After the tension between Aden and Ranger she could not blame them. Even Scarlet had left without a word. Shadow sighed and stood. She piled her plate with food and ordered Wyrm to follow her. She made her way back to the garden. Aden had already passed through the portal she now could see over by the far wall. It glowed faintly red then faded to nothing. She entered her room and placed the plate on the small table. Turning to Wyrm she frowned.

"Wyrm, where do you sleep?" the scamp sucked the meat off another chicken leg and said in between chews..

"Away" it was cryptic but good enough for Shadow.

"Very well. You may go for the night, but return the instant I call." she pet the scamp on the head and he made a noise that was in between a growl and a purr "Sleep well little one" she stepped back as the scamp took up his plate and vanished before her eyes. Shadow closed the door and began packing for her trip. She then spied a package on her bed. Upon opening it she discovered black armour that was so exquisitely made, when she put it on it fit her like it was made just for her. It tingled against her skin as she looked at herself in the mirror. It was an extremely flattering cut and she smiled. It was not as bulky as her leather catsuit, but somehow she felt safer wearing it. She attached her daggers to her hips and completed the ensemble by puling over the hood and securing the half face covering. Shadow packed the rest of her supplies, shouldering her crossbow and quiver of poisoned bolts, donned her travelers cloak and stepped out of her room. She locked her door with a warding spell and left the sanctuary.

Shadow had decided she would buy a horse to make her journey back to Skyrim a little quicker. She paid cash for a pretty dark brown mare and tack and was soon riding out through Bruma's gates. How many of her Brotherhood family would return was anyone's guess. She said a silent prayer to the Night Mother to protect Scarlet and then Aden, the only two she actually bonded with, and left the rest to the mercy of the unknown.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    The streets of Solitude were busy as Shadow pushed open the gates. It was midday and the city was a hive of activity. Perfect for one such as Shadow to sneak in un-noticed and mix in with the crowd. She wove through the throng towards the Winking Skeever, an inn conveniently located right next to the gates of the city. She rented a room for one night and stowed her things, taking off her heavy traveller’s cloak. Her room had a window that overlooked the western side of the wall. It had a sheer drop that went for miles. Very conveniently, it also had a ledge that ran along the entire length of the city. A virtual highway for the likes of Shadow and the odd cat.

She was wearing the red shirt Aden had given her, along with some simple suede pants and boots. She would dress in her work clothes later on after she had staked out her target. Shadow left her room and returned to the main bar area for something to eat and drink. She wasn’t in a hurry and positioned herself in a darker corner to watch the comings and goings of the patrons.

Later, she walked the streets of Solitude. She never really liked this city; filled with fancy lords and ladies and merchants with far too high opinion of themselves. She was also not fond of the Legion’s presence. She avoided going up towards Castle Dour, instead taking a walk through the market square. Looking like any other tourist, Shadow made her way down into the housing quarter of the city. She was looking for one house in particular.

She read the name plaques that sat above each door and finally came to the one she wanted. She had a quick look around the building, selecting her point of entry before returning to her room at the Inn and waiting for nightfall. When the sun disappeared over the rooftops she carefully changed into the set of Dark Brotherhood clothing she had received in her room. The silky black material slid over her legs and hugged her curves. Shadow tied her hair back with a black ribbon and donned the shroud, covering her golden locks. She fixed her daggers to her hips and then left her room by the way of the window, creeping silently along the ledge.

She made her way down to the house and once she came to the target’s window she sat and waited. The woman inside, her target, was a pampered well-to-do lady of Solitude. She was not the wife of a prominent member of the royal council, but rather his mistress. Someone needed her taken out and quietly. The light of a single candle lit the window and Shadow sat up and peered into the room. The woman had entered and was doing her nightly routine before she retired. Shadow smiled as she watched her undress. She was very lovely and was Shadow’s size, but with smaller breasts.

The woman left the room and Shadow took that opportunity to slip in. She backed into the shadows, concealed by a screen and the target re-entered the room unbeknownst of her imminent death waiting in the corner. She hummed to herself as she slipped on her nightgown. Shadow enjoyed the view but then decided that it was time. The woman had to die.

“Move or make a sound and my fine Ebony daggers will simultaneously gut you and slit your pretty throat” she hissed into the woman’s ear as she grabbed her from behind. The woman gasped in shock and struggled slightly but then stilled as she felt the cool metal against her skin.

“Wh...wha..?” she stammered and Shadow dug the dagger in deeper to her neck without breaking skin.

“Ahah! I said, no sound” she scolded the woman like a naughty child, her voice dripping like honey. She was answered with a whimper and the woman shook like a leaf. “That’s better, Dear”
    Shadow removed the daggers and released the woman, who flung herself on the bed crying causing Shadow to narrow her eyes. She despised fragile females. She walked over to the woman’s wardrobe and sifted through the clothing. Nothing of note took her eye and she turned to the woman and shook her head.

“Very disappointing” she frowned. She moved to the woman and studied the nightgown. It was very pretty. Sheer white silk that fell in delicate folds. “Do you have a matching gown for this?” she asked conversationally. The woman, her eyes wide with fright nodded hastily and pointed to the bed post. “Ah, lovely” Shadow smiled then looked back to the woman. “Take it off”

“Are..are you hear to rob me?” the woman sobbed as she peeled off her nightgown. Shadow remained silent and watched as the woman placed the gown on the bed beside her.

“I’m not here to rob you Dear” she shook her head “I’m here to kill you.”

The woman fell silently over the wall of Solitude, down, down to the rocks below. Shadow had dragged her out the window and ordered her to step up to the wall. She had slashed at the woman’s leg before she toppled over the edge, she was dead in seconds, saving Shadow from hearing her screaming all the way to the ground and thus giving her away. Normally she would revel in the death screams of her victims but she still had some shopping to do. She re-entered the woman’s room and looked around, thoughtful. Then an idea came to her.

“Wyrm” she said softly. A flash of light and the scamp was before her. “Hello little one” Shadow smiled. “I have a question. Can you carry some things back to my room at the Sanctuary, through a warded door?”

“Yes mistress Shadow” the Scamp nodded happily as he sniffed around the room.

“Lovely, well I have a few things here, take them and then come straight back” she handed him her new night attire as well as a few other bits and pieces of clothing. Wyrm disappeared and after a few minutes he reappeared. Shadow piled him high with plush pillows and a large fluffy blanket. On the third trip she had him take all the floor rugs. Soon the little scamp was puffing and panting and she gave him a bag full of perfumes and brushes and other womanly things before she sent him back.

“That is it little one” she smiled down at the scamp. “You’ve done well. You may go after you take these back and I will return in a few days” the scamp rubbed his head on her leg and then disappeared. Shadow, pleased with her murder and shopping done in one trip, returned to the Inn in high spirits.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Arriving in Markarth a few days later, she pulled the carriage up next to the stables "We normally don't have female carriage drivers" Scarlet looked down at the stable hand her face hidden "Yeah well men can't have all the fun now can they?"

she pushed through the golden gates and into the marketplace of Markarth "Hate this city.." Markarth was the one city she despised the most in Skyrim, it felt to closed up to her but she knew there was a reason in was built into the mountains.

Brushing her way through the crowd towards the Silverblood Inn. She stepped indoors and up towards the counter "Room for the night please" she slid coin towards him, he snatched it up like a rat "Second door to the left" she nodded and headed towards her room, as she neared her room a door opened and a hand reached out grabbing her.

She was thrown against the door as the stranger pressed against her "It's been to long since I've seen you Scarlet" she wrapped her arms around the stranger "Yes it has been awhile, Jasper, but I'm not here for personal business" she pulled his face close towards hers, she smiled at him as she shoved him towards the bed.

He rolled over pulling her on top of him "What sort of business are you here for?" feeling his hands roam over her body "Delvin"

He pulled her towards him after they dressed "Be careful, if anything Delvin would probably know there's someone after him" she kissed him, lightly touching his face "I'm careful don't worry about me" she turned around heading towards the door, he grabbed her arm, turning her around "Don't be a stranger" she smiled at him and headed out of the room and inn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts