OOC Light of Divinity Planning/Character Card Thread

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Time period?

Well, that's easily done during the fourth era. However, going an era forward is rather interesting because you can play with epic power struggles and reshape the world.

Main Ideas

I have an interesting premise for an RP in the 5th era that involves a sort of Deadric Apocalypse/Overwatch similar to the soon to come out XCOM to put it in simple terms. It's fundamentally the same idea I used in my Fan-Fiction, but I've not gotten very far into it. It involves specific individuals chosen by the Nine Divines to bring peace to the realm and balance Oblivion. These individuals are chosen for their skills and uncorruptable souls, and are the only mortals with the strength to beat Deadric Lords and their influence. However, none of them can become a Vampire/Werewolf because of their soul. There is tons more to this, so if you're interested, just ask.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I see your points. I don't have a problem allowing Werewolves and Vampires in the idea. You could just say that those marked by the Divines (bit of explaining to do there) are not bound to their Deadric master.

Does that help?

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    So, essentially the Divines are making champions? And our characters are supposed to be those champions?

What if the champions are supposed to bear a curse, in order to gain such strong favor from their Divine lord/lady, and it's up to the individual to choose the given curse?

I really like that idea! Actually, that could be the reason behind the physical manifestation of the "mark" each champion bears.

Essentially, yes. You're on the right track, but there is a lot more to explain, unless we just want to use bits and pieces of my idea and weave in new ones.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Ok.

To answer Kivuli's question, I'm game to allow a Dragonborn, but my character will not be one.

============================

An era has passed since the bloody civil war that once ravaged Skyrim ended. Since then, the Deadric Lords have been planning. Conspiring in secret to extend their reach unto to mortal plane and claim dominion over man and mer alike. Using their powers to corrupt and indoctrinate, leaders have been swayed, wars established, and cities turned to ash.

Within the first hundred years, armies reached epic proportions until they burst from the gates of Oblivion and swarmed over the land. Deadra of all kinds were met by ferocious resistance, but with every soldier that fell in battle and was claimed by Deadra, two were lost. The first, the soldier that fell. The second, the soldier unable to kill the man once fighting by their side. Brothers were turned against brothers. Fathers upon their children. The lines of friend and foe became one in the same, destroying the livings' will to fight. Slowly, Deadric Lords claimed Dominion over holds and enforced those unfortunate enough to remain alive under strict laws that require the utmost devotion to the Lord. If you step out of line, you are beaten, tortured, or converted into one of their twisted minions.

The true glory of the sun has been so long forgotten that it has passed to myth. Instead, it has been substituted with the twisted form caused by a bloodcursed arrow. It hardly allows crops to grow, and many have spent their entire lives without so much as a fleeting glimpse of the warm ball of life.

Centuries have passed, and the Divines cannot directly influence the mortal plane any longer. Instead, they imbue their light and power to souls destined for greatness, creating legions of Divine Champions. However, this power is no mere blessing. Those gifted by the Divines are able to resist the binding of their soul and mind to a Deadric Lord. They are blessed in spirit and cannot be swayed by darkness, instead housing the power to banish it, along with the Lord from which it has sprouted.

Divine Champions are born with the mark of one of the Nine Divines on some place on their body. During comabt with Deadra, that sign will glow with the purifying light of the Divines, strengthening the Champion. When fighting a Lord, the Champion's sign and eyes will glow brightly, and if the Champion succeeds in defeating the Lord, they must call upon each of the Nine through ancient prayer in the Dragons' tongue. When done properly, a blinding column of light will drop from the heavens and envelope the Lord, banishing them and destroying their hold over the mortal plane.

A single legion of a Champions was supposed to bring peace and order to Tamriel, but the Deadric Lords proved far more clever and defeated these Champions in battle. In the aftermath, they learned of a Champion's "Mark" and have dispatched squads to find and murder Champions, regardless of their age. Thousands upon thousands of Champions have been cut down, a shocking majority of them being no older than an infant. Being born with the "Mark" of a Champion has become a central fear in the ravaged societies, and the fear has driven people to seek out Champions to try and win a Lord's favor. Many have taken to calling a Champion a "godcurse."

Those lucky enough to survive infancy with a "Mark" are unwillingly shunned from society for their protection, attempting to hide their true identity. Or, they are constantly under attack and on the run, fighting for survival day in and day out. Divine Champions are so poorly organized that it has become near impossible to form a Legion because of the fear that you (The Champion) will be discovered, or attacked and brought down.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    ......Thanks! I didn't expect that to go over as well as it did...

I'm going to go with Akatosh. But I haven't the faintest idea of what/who my character is going to be...yet.

Full-blown CC card and ticky-tack planning time?

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I think the easiest way to do that would be to simply use the symbols from the in-game amulets. But I'm open to suggestions.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Maybe take the in-game symbols and kind of... combine them with the sort of mark Sasuke had? All swirls and badassery.

I like that idea, what about you Kivuli?

.....Who's Sasuke?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts