• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KJammer

Been playing Skyrim for a year now, had a 'warrior' style and mage 'style' both enjoyable. Finally got the Dawnguard DLC and decided to try the Vampire line with my mage style toon. Did the intro, accepted Harkon 'gift' and became a Vamp Lord. I played the first mission as Vamp Lord and cleared one room tried to loot and was like wtf? Dropped form and looted no problem.

Wow that's terribad. I have not played as a werewolf in awhile but I seem to recall looking at my inventory as I remember that is how I noticed that you unequip all your gear when in beastform.

To me that is game-breaking and will NOT continue to play the vamp line because of this. I could deal with not being able to use inventory in vamp form but not being able to loot or interact with chests and simple objects without spending 7-10 sec changing form is just fail IMO. (I play on Xbox so actually have to quick menu select revert form, then activate it EVERYTIME)

I doubt anyone involved with 'that' decision will ever read this, but incase you do. You made a bad choice there and lost at least one person playing that whole line because of it.

Edit: I can even deal with no first person view, as I do not mind the 3rd person at all (even though it is nice to be able to 'zoom' in when looking at shelves etc.

Kit'teh

Get off my Lawn!
Should they have allowed you to keep your armor on in wolf form? Seems the transformation and thus immersion would not be nearly as realistic if you kept all of your clothes on...

How is it fail that you have to revert form to loot? If you have cleared the room of all mobs, then it should be a non issue. Not even Lord Harkon himself stays in vamp form. Its a shame that you allow something like that to be game breaking.

To each their own, i suppose.

CaptMorgan72

In werewolf form you don't have access to your inventory, why would you? Same is true in vampire lord form, why is that a problem, when you can shift back and forth easily? To say that is a game-breaking design is nonsensical. How is a small thing that is not convenient for you a game-breaking design?:rolleyes:

KJammer

In werewolf form you don't have access to your inventory, why would you? Same is true in vampire lord form, why is that a problem, when you can shift back and forth easily? To say that is a game-breaking design is nonsensical. How is a small thing that is not convenient for you a game-breaking design?:rolleyes:

Why am I not surprised with troll replies.

Perhaps you could learn to read. 7-10 seconds is NOT 'easily' by anyone definition. (I play on Xbox so actually have to quick menu select revert form, then activate it EVERYTIME). it is a serious PITA. So much that I choose NOT to play, that is definition of game breaking.

This is IMO, and your welcome to your own. Links to people creating MODs just so they can loot. Bethesda failed, plain and simple. No excuse. Vampire Lords can Loot and Activate - The Nexus Forums - Page 3

CaptMorgan72

Actually 7-10 seconds (if the transformation does take that long) IS easily by most definition, just not yours. So you tell me I am welcomed to my own opinion and then insult me by telling me I need to learn to read and then call me a troll. :rolleyes:

Kit'teh

Get off my Lawn!
OP sounds like a transplant from WoW's community...

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I found it to be mildly inconvenient myself. I didn't mind it so much as a Vampire Lord because you can switch back and forth between that and your normal form as much as you want. The werewolf thing was aggravating though cause without the Ring of Hircine you would have to wait 24 hours to transform back, and for a while I was just running around Skyrim hacking and slashing to get perks because I have to get all achievements or I go nuts (plus, running around hacking and slashing is a wonderful way to release pent-up aggression lol). But I wouldn't call it game-breaking by any stretch. A pain in the butt, absolutely. But not game-breaking.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Should they have allowed you to keep your armor on in wolf form? Seems the transformation and thus immersion would not be nearly as realistic if you kept all of your clothes on...

How is it fail that you have to revert form to loot? If you have cleared the room of all mobs, then it should be a non issue. Not even Lord Harkon himself stays in vamp form. Its a shame that you allow something like that to be game breaking.

To each their own, i suppose.

I agree that werewolves should lose their clothes, that's a good RP feature. However forcing vampire lords and werewolves to switch out of form to loot is a pain and impractical. In short, it makes me want to play as a werewolf less because of what a hassle it is. Furthermore forcing werewolves to end their form or kip loot weighs on the werewolf's very limited number of transforms and forces you to waste any additional time gained by feeding.

Also, to all, don't downrate the OP just because yo disagree with what he is posting, his post was no more a rant than many other valid posts.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
OP sounds like a transplant from WoW's community...

No, he hasn't advocated blood elf druids or started a faction war yet... I will admit that he was hyperbolic and upset when posting, but he has a valid complaint and shouldn't be downrated for it.

Imperial_Pain The waiting thing is a huge pain as well. I find myself clearing whole loading blocks of dungeons as a werewolf and then going back to loot, a fairly boring process.

Ivory

Let's Player
I play a Werewolf. The loot I end up 'losing' means nothing money wise, most loot in the game by common means is pretty worthless once your character starts the longer questlines, in other words, you won't die from leaving behind a few dead bodies unless you're a hoarder. It's not game breaking at all, in my opinion anyway.. There are far better loot options in those cases and half the time you don't need to really switch to werewolf/Vampire Lord if your perk tree for said transformation is maxed out. I tend to only shift to wolf if I'm fighting fellow werewolves, vampires, undead or another creature I won't mention to spoil.

Kit'teh

Get off my Lawn!
No, he hasn't advocated blood elf druids or started a faction war yet... I will admit that he was hyperbolic and upset when posting, but he has a valid complaint and shouldn't be downrated for it.

Imperial_Pain The waiting thing is a huge pain as well. I find myself clearing whole loading blocks of dungeons as a werewolf and then going back to loot, a fairly boring process.

Hiya Haru17, I suppose my issue was more with OP's approach. As I had stated in my original reply, to each their own; it's a shame that someone find those issues game breakng, and upon further reflection, i can see the looting issue as being a pia for someone who doesn't have the ring of Hirccine (unlimited beast form)

My issue and what others likely down voted op for was OP resorting to name calling and insults when he did not agree with the subsequent replies. Calling the aforementioned post troll posts and the whole "perhaps you can learn to read" bit is rather rude when folks are merely sharing their experience and opinion and not resorting to insulting the OP for his opinion. That is where the WoW community comment came from. If you peruse their forums, it is often a flame fest anytime anyone has a differing opinion.

I admit that I'm a grouch but I try to keep things at least respectful. The only reason i tend to downvote someone is if they are being rude.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Hiya Haru17, I suppose my issue was more with OP's approach. As I had stated in my original reply, to each their own; it's a shame that someone find those issues game breakng, and upon further reflection, i can see the looting issue as being a pia for someone who doesn't have the ring of Hirccine (unlimited beast form)

My issue and what others likely down voted op for was OP resorting to name calling and insults when he did not agree with the subsequent replies. Calling the aforementioned post troll posts and the whole "perhaps you can learn to read" bit is rather rude when folks are merely sharing their experience and opinion and not resorting to insulting the OP for his opinion. That is where the WoW community comment came from. If you peruse their forums, it is often a flame fest anytime anyone has a differing opinion.

I admit that I'm a grouch but I try to keep things at least respectful. The only reason i tend to downvote someone is if they are being rude.

Yeah... WoW forums... *sigh* In regard to the OP I can get where you're coming from, he was rather confrontational in his second post, I missed that one somehow.

In regards to the Ring of Hircine, I like its function, however in Dragonborn (spoiler for some items, not the story)
there are several other rings added that augment your werewolf form with powers such as 20 seconds of slow motion, health regen, 50% more damage both ways, and 25% longer howl effects. Obviously they must be equipped upon transformation and as a result the player cannot use them in conjunction with the ring of Hircine's additional transformations. This is more a fault of Dragonborn adding rings instead of necklaces, but it relates to how werewolves have needless restrictions on their number of transformations a day, such as the ring of Hircine. (not to start anymore werewolves vs vampire forum wars)
In summation I agree with the OP in the substance of his post, regarding to the problematic limits on werewolves and vampires, but not with the manner in which he discusses said limits.

Kit'teh

Get off my Lawn!
Yeah... WoW forums... *sigh* In regard to the OP I can get where you're coming from, he was rather confrontational in his second post, I missed that one somehow.

In regards to the Ring of Hircine, I like its function, however in Dragonborn (spoiler for some items, not the story) [spoilers] there are several other rings added that augment your werewolf form with powers such as 20 seconds of slow motion, health regen, 50% more damage both ways, and 25% longer howl effects. Obviously they must be equipped upon transformation and as a result the player cannot use them in conjunction with the ring of Hircine's additional transformations. This is more a fault of Dragonborn adding rings instead of necklaces, but it relates to how werewolves have needless restrictions on their number of transformations a day, such as the ring of Hircine. (not to start anymore werewolves vs vampire forum wars) [/spoiler] In summation I agree with the OP in the substance of his post, regarding to the problematic limits on werewolves and vampires, but not with the manner in which he discusses said limits.

I was unaware of those new items in Dragonborn! I have the DLC but haven't explored it in full yet...gonna have to get on that. The fact that they made the enhancemen items rings is pretty dang silly. Maybe on a future DLC they will expand werewolf form to not require Hircine's ring for additional beast form transformations. As it stands, they should expand how many rings you can equip at a time....one can hope.

Ivory

Let's Player
I hope they let us put two rings on like they did in oblivion...or fight underwater again. That would be fun.

You see those big-ass claws? Yeah, try picking locks with those! lol

(On a side note...I do agree that its bunk, not being able to loot, but its a minor inconvenience, especially if you already have tons of gold)

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I was unaware of those new items in Dragonborn! I have the DLC but haven't explored it in full yet...gonna have to get on that. The fact that they made the enhancemen items rings is pretty dang silly. Maybe on a future DLC they will expand werewolf form to not require Hircine's ring for additional beast form transformations. As it stands, they should expand how many rings you can equip at a time....one can hope.

Yeah, I mean, we do have 10 fingers =P Sorry the spoiler tags didn't work! A werebeast DLC would be very cool.

Kit'teh

Get off my Lawn!
Yeah, I mean, we do have 10 fingers =P Sorry the spoiler tags didn't work! A werebeast DLC would be very cool.

No worries on the spoiler. A werebeast DLC would be very cool, however I have a feeling that's a long shot.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
No worries on the spoiler. A werebeast DLC would be very cool, however I have a feeling that's a long shot.

I feel the same, but it would still be cool. Some concepts to this effect were posted in this thread, over on the official forums:

Please; Can Our Next DLC Give Us This? - Bethesda Softworks Forums

The basic concept was alike Dawnguard in that it'd add new areas to Skyrim proper. Instead of an outright vampires vs hunters it was going to be a single faction with internal strife. The sub-factions would be druidic worshipers of Kyne and hunters, many of whom were werewolves or bears who worshiped Hircine. This all set against the backdrop of Kyne & Hircine's forces, spriggans and werebeasts respectively, waring over Tamriel's nature.

Again, cool but unlikely.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
I play a Werewolf. The loot I end up 'losing' means nothing money wise, most loot in the game by common means is pretty worthless once your character starts the longer questlines, in other words, you won't die from leaving behind a few dead bodies unless you're a hoarder. It's not game breaking at all, in my opinion anyway.. There are far better loot options in those cases and half the time you don't need to really switch to werewolf/Vampire Lord if your perk tree for said transformation is maxed out. I tend to only shift to wolf if I'm fighting fellow werewolves, vampires, undead or another creature I won't mention to spoil.

Exactly! I play a werewolf as well, and when I finally got a Vampire Lord going (thanks to the New Year's Eve sale on Xbox Live,) the "no looting" thing didn't bother me in the least. There's way too much attention on looting when the real reasons to play are right in front of you the whole time: mindless violence. Mauling people with my Vampire Lord claws is enough, but they had to go and let me levitate while casting deadly spells? Now you're just spoiling me, Bethesda!

You can waste precious hours collecting loot (just so you can turn around and sell it!) or you can use your time wisely and KILL EVERYTHING. Remember kids, hoarding is fine as long as you're hoarding skulls.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts