1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

PC Should I try to complete the Dragonborn dlc?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Qyter, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Qyter

Qyter Member

I'm level 18, I I have orcish armor, but I think I could get Ebony armor pretty easily because I'm level 65 at smithing and I don't think it would be too hard to level up and make Ebony armor. So will I be able to do the dlc or should I become stronger? Like level up a lot more or get better gear. And my weapons are Skyforge Steel Sword it does 35 damage and an orcish sword that does 31 damage, I don't use magic.

2. Qyter

Qyter Member

And I'm an Argonian Werewolf

3. Cordelia

Cordelia Global Moderator
    Staff Member

As far as I recall, Dragonborn, like the rest of Skyrim, levels with you, so it's not a higher level area than anywhere else. Technically, since the cultists approach you from level 10 up, you could do Dragonborn or Dawnguard starting at 10. Before the content would be deadly hard, but 10+ and you're good to go.

Prep like you would for anything and dive on in.

4. Qyter

Qyter Member

I started it, I got an Ebony chestplate and an Ebony sword from looting bodies but everything is a lot harder than a simple dungeon, maybe some of the enemies there have static levels or their min levels are higher than mine, idk it's hard

5. Cordelia

Staff Member

You can always go out and grind up some levels by doing other quests. There's no wrong answer here.

6. JRMoosePaul

JRMoosePaul Stormcloak Warrior

The ash spawn are generally harder based on my experience, along with a lot of enemies (burnt spriggans, etc.). Lurkers are relatively easy for me and I don’t know how they are fire you. Marked for death shout always helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Daelon DuLac

Daelon DuLac How do you backstab a Dragon?

An Argonian Werewolf? Never understood that one - how do you go from a reptile to a mammal?

8. JRMoosePaul

JRMoosePaul Stormcloak Warrior

Science

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cordelia

Staff Member

Ask the Ka' Po Tun. At least one of them managed to become a dragon, so the story goes.

#9 Cordelia, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  10. ashleyclark

ashleyclark Yes I am really 65 yrs old

The Dragonborn DLC is not as easy as one may think. The enemies level with you, yet they are somewhat harder. The dungeons are darker and they have more dragur death lords. The content of the dlc is great and interesting.

Your level is fine. You armor is fine, yet your weapons should be a little stronger for the enemies in the dlc are stronger. If you desire, it would be good to have at lease glass or elven when you go there. Your first dungeon, the mine, will probably give you and ebony weapon from one of the dragur that reside there.

Hope this helps.

• Informative Informative x 1