• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dbyte32

Hi,
I really like Skyrim for what it offers. I had been looking for a game similar to WOW but was a solo RPG and not a MMO RPG. What I'm running into is hating the interface used to manipulate my character. I like playing a mage, so as a mage you cast spells. But I'm limited to just casting 2 spells from a myriad of spells I that I have learned. I'm really looking to be able to cast a rotation and spells, but all this seems like a PITA because you are required to stop the game and then equip the different spell to a left or right hand then go back to fighting, Ugh. Are there any plans to replace the Skyrim interface with allowing the user to map any spell and action to any controller button. For example, I could map spells to the square, triangle, x and circle buttons as well as the left, right, top and bottom buttons. I need to add more I press R1 and it flips the controller buttons to page 2 and I add spells to those buttons. I can press L1 and R1 to move back and forth between the pages of maps spells and actions. I would like to hear from others their thoughts on this,

The Seraph

When the Dawn Breaks, I shall be there
Normally I would just say look up mods, but since you are on a PlayStation that's not an option. Usually there is a favorite button, where you can favorite a spell or item (even potions) in the menu, then when you press the favorite button it will pause the game to show a list of favorites items. The list is not very intruding, so unless you don't mind pausing the game, that's what I would do. The favourited spells will appear here. I'm not sure how which button is the favorite button, as I am not familiar with the PS. Hope this helps!

dbyte32

Thank you for the reply. That's what have been doing to switch also. But it takes the fun out of the game when you have to constantly pause. I'm looking for a game to spend the next year in leveling, exploring and kicking ass. If they could just fix the interface I would be in heaven.

The Seraph

When the Dawn Breaks, I shall be there
That is why I believe Oblivion's interface was amazing. The right bumper was used to cast spells and, while there was a limit to the amount of favorited spells you could have, you just pressed a button and the spell switched automatically. If you have a console or PC, I would recommend Oblivion despite the fugly graphics. Look at me prattling on. Skyrim is great, hope you enjoy it despite the immersion breaking.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts