Sneak Tree, worth going all the way?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
I'm at 92 sneak. I've got 5/5 of the first perk, gone all the way up the right side for daggers and I've gone as far as the first muffle on the left. Coupled with a set of muffled boots I get 100% muffle and at 40% harder to detect while sneaking its very easy to sneak up on almost anyone. If you continue up the left side from here there some pretty average perks (not triggering pressure played, do a forward roll when sprinting, you can run while sneaking) they all seem a bit meh and unnecessary. Shadow warrior does sound good but I'd have to waste 3 perks on the above mentioned perks just to get to it.

What should I do? Leave the sneak tree as is? Or max the whole tree out? I'm already extremely hard to detect.

Tyralias

If your finding the extra perks not worth their while and your having no problems with sneaking, i'd say you can live without them. Just my perception of what you wrote.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
On my Khajiit Thief/Assassin, I filled out the entire left side of Sneak up to and including Shadow Warrior hoping for results like this:

I don't recall it being THIS effective, but I kinda threw in the towel on my Khajiit feeling it was too OPed.

Oren74

On my Khajiit Thief/Assassin, I filled out the entire left side of Sneak up to and including Shadow Warrior hoping for results like this:

I don't recall it being THIS effective, but I kinda threw in the towel on my Khajiit feeling it was too OPed.

You got that far in the game without making Adrianna some leather? :)

My thing with perks is this. The game is just so easy, even on master difficulty, that even if you waste perks here and there on useless stuff, but still max out at least 1H, 2H, or destruction, you'll be fine. Have fun, play how you want.

Necromis

It was already said by tyralias, but if you feel you are not having any difficulty sneaking or getting caught in tight situations I would not worry about it. You can always hold on to the perk points and if you think you need them later on dump them into it.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
You got that far in the game without making Adrianna some leather? :)

Oh, that's not vid of me. Just something I found on YouTube that I was hoping to replicate. But like I mentioned I stopped playing that character

Ironlung888

My sneak is level 80 something right now the only sneak perk I don't have is the master level 100 crouch technique. I want it pretty bad. I wonder how effective it is. Some of the sneak perks are awesome, the 3x sneak bonus on archery, the 15x dagger bonus, even the one where you won't set off trap plates is helpful. The only one I didn't really want was the silent roll, nothing against it, I just never use it. But I had to get it so I can get the crouch technique once I hit level 100 sneak. I can't help but think how great it would be if you didn't have to get perks you don't want, just to get the ones you do. If you could just pick the perks you wanted once your character was leveled high enough to use it.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I've gone all the way and tricked out my Sneak tree. It was fun, but Muffle enchanted boots and careful stepping in dungeons alleviate the need to take any perks up the left side unless you just gotta have Shadowmaster and like to roll. It was fun to play with for a bit but honestly the perks are better spent elsewhere. JMO of course. If you've never had Shadowmaster then by all means try it out at least once.

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
You don't need all the perks. I'm at 100 sneak and enemies sometimes walk by me without seeing me. As for the roll. You don't need the perk just crouch jump forward and in midair press the sprint button you will roll forward when you land.

You don't need all the perks. I'm at 100 sneak and enemies sometimes walk by me without seeing me. As for the roll. You don't need the perk just crouch jump forward and in midair press the sprint button you will roll forward when you land.
That's interesting! What's the purpose of the roll anyway? I never actually used it.

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
I assume to close the distance quickly because it is also silent I think. Maybe to go by doorways quickly.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !

Well, in my case I do have all the perks, EXCEPT the last one ( Shadow warrior ) and I do have my boots enchanted with sneaking as well so I am completely invisible ... nobody can detect me and they can be right beside me ... but what really shadow warrior does exactly ? Can you explain ?

Nighthiker77

The roll is basically a sneak sprint. It is parallel to the block and archery perks that let you move faster while the skill is in use. I love it.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Shadow warrior causes your enemies to lose sight of you for a split second and you go into sneak again. If the enemy is right in front of you, you'll be spotted again almost immediately but if they have some distance like an archer or mage they'll have to actually find you again. It doesn't seem that useful but it's one more thing that makes a sneak character harder to kill, and if you're fast enough you can even use it to score a sneak attack in melee.

Ignami351

INFP of the Blue Variety
you're doing sneak all wrong. personally.
you only need the first part of the first perk in sneak, the other four are practically useless. the rest of the tree on the right side is good, but all of the left but the second to last one are useless as well. plus, if you're a good sneak and observationist, you don't need any of them really.
fuse with illusion and you practically don't even have to spend any perks in the sneak tree.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
you're doing sneak all wrong. personally.
you only need the first part of the first perk in sneak, the other four are practically useless. the rest of the tree on the right side is good, but all of the left but the second to last one are useless as well. plus, if you're a good sneak and observationist, you don't need any of them really.
fuse with illusion and you practically don't even have to spend any perks in the sneak tree.

So, you are saying that Muffle, Light foot, Silent Roll and Silence are not worth it at all ? I see your point, let me see : Muffle can be achieve by casting the spell, Light Foot avoid to trigger traps and this is possible not to have if you are careful enough when you are walking / rolling; Silent Roll is very debatable because only a few occasions you probably need to roll faster and probably not ever and Silence is related to muffle I guess ... uhmmm , you are probably right and definitely the right side of the tree is very useful and a must have if you want to cause more damage while sneaking .. very interesting because I probably reset this tree using my Waking Dreams Black Book and use those perks in another skill ... what would you suggest though ? .... ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts