What weapon do you prefer on a thief?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Diisk

I'm not sure what to use, all of them have their strengths and weaknesses.

Daggers are fast an light weight, and they get 15x damage.

Bows can be shot from long range and easily take out 3 enemies before they notice you.

Swords are stronger, and they can get up to 12x damage.

I'm not sure what to pick. If I went with a sword, I'd go with the nightingale sword because it absorbs health, an since I'm not using enchanting it could come in handy against a dragon.

Bows would be good for dragons, and long range targets but not good in close areas.

Daggers are great against any person and most creatures, but nearly useless against dragons.

What's your preference mine seems to be a sword for a thief.

Well, for me, I use Steed Stone and Deep Pockets perks, for an added 200 pounds. Then I can carry whatever I want, whenever I want.

ShadowGambit

If you are an assassin, then get either Dagger or Bow.

Bow will be you long range attack. Dagger is when you get up-close. Dagger for that are better than sword for Assassin because they are "silent" so when you use it in a sneak attack, other NPC won't notice the noise as there is none. Sword are noisy but do more base damage and it is better for a standard melee fight.

I personally use a Bow mainly, switching to sword as a back-up when it comes to melee. I don't get close for killing, and I didn't take Assassin Blade Perk.

Or you can always carry around one of each (a supplemental dagger is not that heavy) and dual wield Sword/Dagger in melee.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
While you can use any weapon you want, the weapons used by the Thieves Guild members are limited to swords, daggers and bows. Dual wielding also seems to be favored for some and makes sense since none of them use shields either. It can be inferred from the questline reward items that bow and dual wielding swords is a favorable setup as you get the best bow outside of the crafting system as quest reward and two of the best swords in the game. They are the preferred weapons of my Thief.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts