• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Radia964

I'm level 50, and I just found out about The Orc Strongholds. Suprising!
I did some quests for them, just because, I'd like to have them as followers, sometime.
Cuz I know they're Tough Warriors.

Just wondering If there is any special advantages to being accepted in an Orc Stronghold.
Since Atub in Largasbur says" I have remedies and special potions, should you ever need ".

That's a good perk, just wondering what other special perks comes from an Orc Stronghold
Is there any special Armor or Weapons, that they provide ?

_satan_

The cheiftan in largashbur has a daedric artifact tied with him, speak with him or atub to start it. The reward will be Volendrung

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
The two advantages that come from Orc Strongholds are:

1. Volundrung at Largashbur.
2. Ebony in Gloombound Mine.

Those are the biggest things you would want from them.

sticky runes

Largashbur offers three potential followers, but they start off pretty weak, and it's likely that some of them will be killed by a giant before you even reach the stronghold. I do like to take these followers out on quests after I've saved the stronghold and level them up, with the idea of helping them become a stronger tribe.

Some of the chiefs challenge you to a brawl and offer training sessions as well if you're into that sort of thing. Get in good with the chief and you should be able to have free access to stuff that's lying around in the longhouse.

sheggy6

The Orc Strongholds were relatively underwhelming to me, I expected more out of a warrior tribe like the Orcs, but at the same time it's understandable why the tribes are in such a deplorable state.
I expected better however, which made me feel like there was no point to going to the strongholds except for the ebony.

sticky runes

I do agree there should have been more content for the orc strongholds. Largashbur is the only one that has a story for you take part in. It would have been nice if there were additional merchants, or other quests you could do for the chief.

Mithro'I

one of the orc strongholds is great when starting a game on legendary and playing a heavy armour character. get your butt over to the stronghold near riften, sneak over the wall via the rocks next to it, steal all the heavy armour from the altar thingey. free orcish armour at level 2 (or whatever level you exited the prison at)

JoeReese

Dushnik Yal, near Markarth, the chief is the only master 1H trainer in the game. Tread carefully, as it consistently seems to be a dragon magnet. I've gotten to the point of fast traveling elsewhere and walking in, so the dragons don't wipe out my trainer.

sticky runes

Forgemasters fingers is missable because it's a task given by the orc sentries to prove that you're worthy to enter their stronghold, but if you've already done a task for an orc living in any of the other towns (like the college librarian or the smiths living in Markarth), then they will send word to all the orc strongholds allowing you to enter freely.

Papoy

DON'T EXPECT SPOILER WARNINGS FROM ME
Ok, am I the only 1 that has thinks that potions/poisons made by their alcemists are a little bit TOO MUCH GODDAMN STRONG, or is it just me imagining things?
Theres also a ebony mine in Shor's stone villege.

Kishwari Blackbow

Long live the Empire!
There are a few things that you can do after proving yourself worthy to the Orc community. As a couple of people have stated there is a daedric artifact called volendrung (sorry for bad spelling) and there are some of them who would offer to fight for you. Not to mention that you can also trade with them,
I hoped this helps!

JoeReese

Forgemasters fingers is missable because it's a task given by the orc sentries to prove that you're worthy to enter their stronghold, but if you've already done a task for an orc living in any of the other towns (like the college librarian or the smiths living in Markarth), then they will send word to all the orc strongholds allowing you to enter freely.

Or killing the forsworn in Kolskeggr mine, which gives you about 26 ingots worth of gold and ore, and the orc miner will send word to the strongholds as well. On top of that, Pavo, the mine owner will give you a cash reward.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
Trainers, Vendors, Orichalcum and Ebony mines, Followers, a Daedric artifact and a Bug in a Jar.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
They could also offer you some protection if you were low level, as some of the orcs have already even killed assassins from the Dark Brotherhood for me.

You can also use them as decent fast travel checkpoints and make some gold by beating their chieftains in brawls.

And you can marry Ghorbash or Borgakh (both don't even have a second orc name if that bugs you :p )

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
Become blood kin then beat the chiefs in brawls so you can sleep in their longhouses. Trade with the alchemists and smiths. It's a pity you can't get more quests from the strongholds but they're convenient places for offloading treasure and sleeping

It's just a shame there isn't one right between Dawnstar and Winterhold. It's an area of Skyrim that could use a few more people to sell to and full smithing facilities

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts