• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    @Zelda not gonna lie, been looking forward to that for a while! :D What a relaxing evening they're going to have!

@Hart
    Poor Ihylin is gonna have a lot to deal with her next post

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    @Keidivh Me too! Such a reveal! Also: Princess Celica? I made her Princess of Evermore, only to recently recollect that Keidivh was involved with the case! How ironic! Them meeting in Solitude when the group finally gets there... that'll be another confrontation. Poor Rolard!

@Hart I feel so bad to ruin the sweet moment Ihylin and Rolard shared! Certainly when things settle, they will be able to reminisce on their childhood... <3

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    @Keidivh Same here! While they suffer, I think "characterdevelopmentcharacterdevelopmentcharacterdevelopmentmyfeelsbutcharacterdevelopment" haha!

@Hart There is no other way to explain it. You made me giggle and my dog looked at me funny!

Hart

Sassmaster
    @Zelda @Keidivh

I have a "sit down and shut the hell up" scenario rolling around in my head, but if you planned on posting first, that would be fine. I'd have a bit more than bare bones to write with.

Hart

Sassmaster
    @Keidivh

Fair enough, I'm looking forward to the post! Have a good night now!

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Everyone is so active this evening, great writing you guys! Loving the development and the awesome, natural inter-character relationship building. So good y'all!

Posting soon!

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
    Damn, all of your guys' posts have me even more excited to want to start up haha. Still amazed by the creativity and thought put into all your charries :eek:

Also, for the Dragonborn quest, I was waiting to see if @Harkatti was still around too, but sadly it appears she hasn't been on in a while. Don't mind waiting just a bit more if need be, but in the mean time I did have an idea for an NPC I'd like to try out. Would it be cool if I could drop another villain onto here @Zelda ? I was thinking of an evil political figure, sort of like an antithesis to Princess Celica. Someone who can indirectly halt character progress (doesn't always have to be in person, but through the use of underlings/contacts as well)

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    @Snoball
    Oooh, evil politician! That'll be fun to deal with!

Also in case you don't notice, Rolard's retort to Val is largely inspired by Jaime Lannister, a character I took some inspiration from when creating dear old Rol. Figured I'd give credit where credit is due :p

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    @Keidivh @Hart The amount of emotion being portrayed is immense! My feelings are being torn apart... I actually had to contemplate on what Valencia would respond with over night I was so taken aback myself! And poor Ihylin... ahhh my heart just breaks from the interactions! So sad, so emotional, it's wonderful! But so upsetting! Ah our poor creations...

@Specter of Death Thank you! I cannot wait to see your post! <3

@Snoball Thank you! We can wait for a few more days, but if she doesn't show, we can start. The whole point of the role play having so many stories is so that it doesn't lag behind too much. So when others aren't on, other stories can still continue. :) Of course, if she shows up afterwards, I am sure she can quickly jump in if not too late into that plotline. And that would be cool! Princess Celica is surely one of my favorite characters I've made if not perhaps THE favorite, so having a pointed enemy would certainly be interesting! You can definitely make another character! It's nice to have more than one as well, considering if one story again lags behind, you can do another without worry until the other starts up again!

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    @Zelda @Hart
    Oh man, so many feels happening here. Tragic, sad, tense. This is an amazing scene happening right now. It's tragic but I love it!

Hart

Sassmaster
    @Keidivh @Zelda

I've been popping in and out of the forums, and my god, these post are so sad. For a bit of clarification, I'm not too sure how to write the feelings Ihylin is expressly feeling. Something along the lines of denial, a bit of happiness for knowing her old friend again, and then sorrow for knowing what he did and why she forced herself to forget.

Though I think this is established, Keidivh, am I allowed to take some liberties with the past actions to have everything more or less make sense?

Hart

Sassmaster
    @Keidivh

Fantastic, I'll get to writing soon. Should be done by... 10:30

Hart

Sassmaster
    @Zelda @Keidivh

For the record, that was really fl*ffing hard to write. I've not done sorrowful scenes previously, so I figured raging alcoholism would be something I could work with. Since I've seen the effects of it in real life; it's a terrible thing.

I should stop writing while I'm dead tired, my post look like potatoes. Urgh.

Last edited:

Hart

Sassmaster
    @Keidivh

Oh! Yes, before I forget! How do you pronounce Ihylin's name and nickname in your mind? I'm curious to know.