• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

solace84

God of the Arena
    sure, or I could just change it to 8 Ronin. Go ahead and post your character card if you want to join now.

Akhkharus

Name: Diores Silvers
    Race: Imperial
    Affliction(s): None
    Birthplace: Cheydinhal, Cyrodiil
    Current Residence: N/A, on the road
    Affiliation: None

Major Skills: Infiltration (Lockpicking/Sneak - Adept), Archery (Expert)
    Minor Skills: Melee Combat (Two-handed - Apprentice), Bartering (Speechcraft - Apprentice),
    Wooing (Speechcraft - Expert?)

Inventory:
    • "Ertragen" - Oaken longbow reinforced with steel on the grip and both ends of the bow - used for blocking and striking. A few scorched marks on the wooden parts of it.
    • Iron dagger - usually for utility purposes.
    • Black leather vest over light, civilian clothing; black leather boots; black leather gauntlets.
    • Utility belt that holds his dagger and a small bag that holds coins and a few potions.

Bio:
    • Family - Both diseased, died during a bandit raid when Diores was 7.

• Appearance - 5'7" tall. Wavy, jet black, shoulder length hair usually tied in a pony tail. Slightly gaunt facial structure with pronounced cheeks and jaw. Hooded, golden eyes. Pale olive skin tone. Light and toned body build.

• Personality: Confident and level-headed. Often enjoying company with those who possess the same freedom such as he - not held back by laws - although most of the time, the company he enjoys ends up being imprisoned or dead. Having a soft spot for the less-fortunate, he forgoes profit and would help them to the best of his abilities, he often feeling small regret once he realizes his purse is empty by the end of his favor-giving.
    Spirited and carefree, he often encourages his companions to share a laugh or be merry with him when such times occur.
    A self-proclaimed ladies' man, he aims to please any womenfolk he encounters and is quick to brush-off men in favor for the females.

• Likes - Women, bows, hunting, gold, having a good time
    • Dislikes - Stiff people, undead, necromancers, lending gold, cramped spaces

• History:
    Born from a poor family in Cheydinhal, Diores experienced hard work at an early age. Poaching and traveling from one city to another to trade, he picked up skills that he saw where necessary the day he reached adulthood.

He lived out in the wilderness only a few years after losing his parents to a group of bandits. Feeling that the law was too slow to move on its own feet, he took it upon himself to venture into a business where the authority stops and law couldn't help it when he reaches proper age.

After years of honing his skills, he became a vigilante; taking in criminal scum without reward. Soon after realizing that there is a need to profit from his "job", he started to alternate between helping the poor and the rich in order to have his own needs satiated.

(regarding his little proficiency with melee combat, samurais are capable archers too. I'll change his skills if you want.)

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    This is just a suggestion but I think it would be easier if everyone claimed a speech colour for their characters. This is helpful for a few different reasons first being if someone wished to put another persons character's speech in their text. For example if I wanted to input the part where Parven spoke to Brynn in my next post with something like this:

Brynn watched as the now hooded Khajiit neared her an her companion. She was unsure of his intentions but all the same smiled as he neared them and maintained it as he began to speak:

"So how was the hunt," The Khajiit questioned then smiling he added "you should have invited me"

Brynn smiled at mention of the hunt but then grew suspicious. ect ect.

It would help to distinguish from what my characters were saying and what Parven's character is saying. Also it is helpful to state ahead of time your characters colours so that in a post it is less confusing when you use multiple or even a singular supporting character.

Anyways this i just a suggestion like I said before but it definitely helps I think! :)

if anyone else would like to choose a colour these are the ones already claimed:

This Colour for Dolan by MagicBlade
    This Colour for Brynn by Me :)
    This Colour for Hlif'Ulfr By Me (Again :p)

Also would like to add so far I'm loving everyone's characters! :D

Akhkharus

During cases of same colors, I just include the event in the narration so there is no need for direct quoting. IMO, direct quoting should be used sparingly so as to not confuse anyone.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    I can see your point and wasn't specifically referring to you, I just find the Roleplay easier to navigate with the colours. Again it was just a suggestion so if anyone doesn't find it easier or just doesn't feel like picking a colour it doesn't bother me at all! :)

Akhkharus

Oh I do agree with the color scheme, though. Much easier to identify (and perhaps add some life to a rather dull block of grey) dialogues that way.

All I just responded to was the OOC bit in your post in the IC thread where you didn't color out the bits for my extra characters.

Akhkharus

It may sound silly to ask but how are we to progress on the Argonian test? Should we write our own scene with him or are you (solace) the one to control him?

Akhkharus

I'm sorry but I just find that last entry by Parven to be a bit reality breaking. How could someone possibly know that a man randomly whacking people to be a test? Maybe he could have known if he overheard the conversation between the argonian and Dalious -which I believe to have happened discretely- about whacking people to know whether or not they are Ronin.

solace84

God of the Arena
    lol the test was just meant for that one post, but if you guys want to use them go ahead. Use Bernen too if you want. I was going to find you all differently with different methods, but that would probably have taken to long. All nps's fair game.

As for Parven knowing, lol...he does have those big cat ears.

PS, Parven, you write in both present and past tense. You should try and only write in past tense.

Parven

Harbinger of Nocturnal
    yep sorry about that

Parven

Harbinger of Nocturnal
    Sorry been busy Parven is following the group

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    But I would really like a part in this story, if I may?
    I understand if I'm to late!