Private A Light Shining in Darkness (A Dragon Age RP)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

smilecat

Selana smiled at Alice and grabbed her hand. "Come on, let's go kill some darkspawn".

Selana was happy that Alice was coming with her, but still worried that Alice might try to pull something. After all, she said she talked to the First Enchanter. Would he really inspire such a change of heart? But she was determined to give Alice a chance. Hopefully she could trust her.

Selana still had to take effort not to stop walking and admire the masses of soldiers, mages and other people of all different races, groups and lifestyles. She doubted she would ever see anything like this again. It was unlikely she'd ever leave the tower again after the March ended. She pushed this thought out of her mind, and turned to Alice.

"So what did the First Enchanter of all people say to get you to something so unlike you Alice? Not that I'm unhappy about it, as a matter of fact I'm quite grateful he said whatever he said."

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    For once in her life, Selana's skepticism was completely justified. Alice fully believed in what she was doing now that the First Enchanter had sanctioned it for her but she understood that this was very unlike her. As he said, she was a rule-follower at heart. That's why it was nice to see Selana accept her offer of help before the skepticism came in. Alice was happy to answer.

"Trust me Lana, I'm as surprised as you are. I was shocked when he suggested the merest hint of rule-breaking but after a bit of thought it actually makes a lot of sense. We have you, a headstrong young mage and hormone-crazy teenage girl that breaks the rules because you can. Then we have me, a much more cautious young mage and hormone-crazy teenage girl that never breaks the rules. That, inevitably, causes conflict. Now that's fine for when we're safe in the Tower but out here we have to stick together for our own survival. First Enchanter Irving understands that better than we do and could see that I at least had a clue about it. So he gave me a choice: Follow the rules, worry about you and possibly let you be turned into a broodmother for choosing not to follow you, or break a few rules that are hurting more than helping at the moment, take a few risks and go with you on whatever ill-conceived adventure you have planned. If we stay together, we survive and did Peter not tell us to never be alone?"

Selana looked like she couldn't quite follow Alice's train of thought but clearly got the idea.

"Therefore, in order to satisfy the wishes of both Peter AND First Enchanter Irving I must follow you. I do however have one request. If we're caught by the Templars we should tell the truth about what we're up to. The worst that happens is we're put back into our places whereas if we lie it could mean our deaths. Agreed?"

Meanwhile, Nan had caught the two girls and realized they were her two charges. She was still waiting for Kenzi to answer so she had her hold the thought.

"Pardon me My La...Kenzi." She turned to the girls. "Oi! You two! Get over 'ere! I've got a job for both of ya!"

Alice saw their new protector and turned back to Selana. "C'mon. Let's go introduce ourselves. We'll be safer if we march with everyone else, then attempt our little adventure after everyone's settled."

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    Derek had fallen in alongside Gendrick once more. Lifting his sword out of its scabbard, he looked over it, noticing the fine Dwarven craftsmanship. His surrogate family down in the Dwarven Kingdom, whom he had been staying with when not on the front lines with the Legion, had seen him off before this journey started. Arevor, the leader of the house, presented him with the sword before he had left. The metal was a shiny white and blue in color, possibly Silverite, and certainly beat his Grey Iron sword he had used for so long. Carved into the sword were Dwraven runes, each having a different meaning, though he didn't know them all. He would have to ask Gendrick sometime. Right before the blade meets the hilt, there are two carvings, one on each side. On one side of the blade, the symbol of the Cousland's was carved beautifully into the blade, and on the reverse side, a Griffon was carved, looking like it was crawling to the top of the blade. The sword truly was exquisite, and it seemed to have the perfect balance for him. He chuckled, and looked to his friend. "Oi, Gendrick, I finally replaced that old Grey Iron blade of mine, mate!" He said, showing the sword off to the Dwarf. "Arevor presented it to me before I left. Dwarven craftsmanship at its finest, I think." He said, giving the blade a good swing, away from those around him, before sliding it back into its Scabbard. He lifted his shield up off the ground, and hefted it up and over his shoulder, where he held onto it like a sack one handed. "We should get a move on, Dark Spawn await us!"