• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

TheJtlman

Sky was walking along, delivering an important message to the Jarl of Falkreath. She was almost there, passing by some nords. One of them stopped her, grabbing her shoulder.

Nord: Excuse me ma'am, but, what is in that letter that you are delivering?

Sky: I don't know sir, I never read the letters, I just deliver them.

The man picked her up, while his associates gathered around him.

Nord: Bull plops, I know that you are part of the rebellion, now give me that letter NOW!

Sky shuck her head, and he tossed her over to a tree. She slammed pretty hard, enough to knock the wind out of her. When she regained focus, she went for her dagger, but the nord ran up and stomped on her arm before she could grab it. On of the man's companions reached over and grabbed a war hammer, and he brought it down, straight on her chest. She yelped in pain as she heard some cracking noise where her ribs were suppose to be.

Nord: You should have given me the letter when you had the chance girl, now die. . .

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    "Shame you had so much fight in you, I could have made your death so much less painful..." Kabal said coldly as he held a the pale, lifeless body of a large Nordic man by his shirt collar, his dark, crimson blood dripped on the wood floor, the brilliant flame of a fireplace made the red fluid glisten. "Stupid Drunk, your lady gave me quite a sum to have you silenced...maybe in the next life you'll treat women better, no?" he said, dropping the body on the floor and wiping his dagger off on the deceased wife-beater's brown tunic. Without a care in the world, Kabal took the body and began to slice the corpse up, tossing the severed limbs in the fireplace one by one until the body ceased to exist. "Damn messy work, i'll need a good wash after this.." he thought smirking, once again cleaning his crude Orcish blade and exiting the small house silently. The brisk chill wind hit the Redguard's dark toned face as his eyes adjusted to the light of Falkreath Hold, the sky cloudy, preparing to shower the Earth with a fury of rain.

As Kabal calmly walked through the trail of tall trees and tangled grass, he overheard a sudden commotion not far off. Crouching, the Assassin snuck closer to get a better look. A couple Nords were harassing a presumably innocent woman. Kabal's eyes widened as one of the men brought a warhammer crashing down on the woman's chest, "Just Brutal..." he whispered to himself. Usually the Redguard kept to himself, but he had a bit of a soft spot for damsels in distress. Drawing his bow, Kabal aimed for one of the Nord's chest, just to get their attention. Before he could let loose his arrow however, another arrow flew through the air and struck one of the soldiers in the chest, surprising Kabal and the Nord both. A Large, muscled man stepped out from his hiding spot and commanded the men to drop their weapons.

Upon closer inspection, Kabal knew the man to be all too familiar. "Gidian..." Kabal smirked, "Haven't seen you in what? two years?" he mumbled to himself. The Assassin emerged from the shadows, "Well..this is..unexpected," Kabal said with haste, "But really now, I think its time you see how a young blood does it, Old Dog.." he said arrogantly. "Hey! if you two bastards are done getting reacquainted, how about we finish this?!" one of the nords interrupted abruptly. "Yes, perhaps it is time we finish this..Gidian, for old times sake?" Kabal questioned with a small smile...

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Gidian had been perplexed when he'd been ordered to observe the rebellion's position in Skyrim, and attempt to weaken the Stormcloak's hold on Skyrim. It was as if they expected him to turn the tide and take back Skyrim by himself. Sometimes he wondered if they put too much faith in the Rangers, but dismissed the thought just as quickly. One of their own had come up missing in Skyrim, probably killed. They weren't infallible, and yet they'd sent in a grizzled old hermit, hoping for a miracle to happen. It made him chuckle to himself, atop his large black horse. He would've preferred to ride his own horse, which he'd spent countless time training, but regretfully he'd grown too old to ride on such a mission. The years had been kinder to him than his old horse, it seemed. And yet, he now found another reason to chuckle. Why had they chosen a large black horse for him to ride to Skyrim? Not because it would be inconspicuous, they just thought it'd help his image. Make him more imposing. At a grand total of five foot, six inches tall, they managed to poke fun at his height whenever they could. They, back at Ranger command. If it had been anyone else, he'd probably throttle them. But, such were the joys of retirement, he got to spend more time at home with his family, and less in the field. He was, of course, still a member of the Rangers. Even in retirement, they were considered invaluable assets. And Gidian pitched and did what he could at every opportunity, and he certainly didn't want an apprentice or an amateur(or his son) to take this assignment and get themselves killed. They'd already lost one. And as long as he could still be of some use, a retired ranger never seemed to rest. After all, they were still Rangers, and not many people knew they continued working after retirement. It was more of a misinformation tactic than anything, really, although the contributions some could make were limited. Gidian was lucky enough to still be fit for fieldwork.

Well, so far it had been easy. He'd traveled across Cyrodiil on his way to Skyrim relatively uneventfully, except for when some foolhardy bandit had tried to take his horse. Apparently, he didn't know much about Rangers, or he wouldn't have shown himself. but then again, not many people knew much about the Rangers, and the fact that he wasn't recognized meant that they were good at their job. This massive black steed, standing well over 6 foot on all fours, hadn't helped his image enough to scare away everyone. Not even the status as a Ranger had dissuaded the fool. That was, until he'd gotten an arrow in his leg, as a warning shot. Then Gidian had had to run him down to get his arrow back. Such inconsiderate people these days, trying to get away with his arrows. Luckily, it hadn't been broken. Thinking back on it, he amended that it could've been worse, but the Rangers were good at their jobs. It had merely been a single bandit, and not a whole band. These days, they seemed to be growing desperate. but desperation did nothing for them with Rangers around.

And then came the difficult part. the fools at the border at Falkreath hold refused to let him in, he'd had to grab the commander of the border watch by the scruff of his shirt, and scare the life out of him to finally get through, but even then they wouldn't let him take the horse. But that was no trouble, he wouldn't need it, and he didn't want the trouble of having to keep such a beast fed. So, he took what he could carry (which comprised his essentials for camping and surviving) and left it behind. It looked big enough to eat a pasture and then some. And it wasn't exactly inconspicuous. But finally, here he was. Falkreath hold. It wasn't as impressive as he remembered the last time he visited, but the last time he'd come by they hadn't been involved in battle. Now, the people were weary, the buildings and walls worn, and the graveyard was just about the only thing with a fresh, new look to it. Only because there were more dead to bury. It was late in the afternoon, and he'd decided he could inspect the Hold's capacities and the rebellion's position tomorrow. He'd been riding for quite a few days, and he felt he'd earned a good night's sleep in a real bed and a fine meal. He walked into the inn, ordered some food, and discreetly listened to the rumours and talk of the people, trying to gauge their moods and opinions, and so far it seemed pretty bleak. Three holds could not hold back the might of Ulfric's army, which was comprised of everyone else. People had doubts. Eventually, he retired to bed.

The next morning, Gidian amended he'd get some real work done. He discreetly inspected the defenses of Falkreath, gauged the amount of men they could field, the condition of their wounded, how many casualties they'd sustained, and when he'd learned enough, he began to question the soldiers about the condition of the opposing forces. Not many seemed to know anything, and so he decided to seek out his own answers. Later that night, when the moons were up and the stars out, giving only enough light to see by, he scaled the walls and hopped over, disappearing into the forest as if he was part of the landscape itself, sliding his feet under branches and twigs, stepping lightly, and making so little noise, he felt no human could possibly detect him. And soon, he found a small stormcloak encampment, but before he could gather much information, a patrol left, moving with a purpose as if they were doing something important. Not one to miss an opportunity, and naturally curious, Gidian trailed them. Eventaully, they came upon a lone woman, demanding a letter and acting in very threatening manner.

Gidian thought to himself, How odd, she doesn't look like a courier, and what message could she be carrying worth threatening her for? And then things began to escalate quickly...

"I don't know sir, I never read the letters, I just deliver them." The woman declared boldly. But, the soldiers weren't falling for it, and called her bluff. Now, they attacked her, and had her on the ground, about to kill her, when Gidian decide to act.

Gidian was hiding nearly in plain sight, in front of a large tree, relying on his cloak and a lack of movement to keep them from seeing him. He carefully removed his bow from his right shoulder, which it was slung over, and readied an arrow. He drew back the arrow, readying the powerful longbow to release it's deadly projectile. Years of practice and natural instinct kicked in, and he saw his shot hitting it's target a thousand times in his mind before releasing it... and the arrow, steel, as he didn't think he'd require one of his heavier arrows to penetrate the soldiers armour, hit the man almost square in the chest, propelling him backwards and knocking him off his feet. And now the other soldiers began searching desperately where the arrow had come from, and Gidian walked out of the darkness, a sphectre in the moonlight, and it almost seemed as if he'd walked straight out of the tree he was in front of. He had another arrow ready to fire, aiming it at the closest of the soldiers, and demanded, "Drop your weapons!"

They looked at him in a state of shock, not quite willing to comply. So, he decided to be a little over the top. "Drop them now! or I'll put you in that tree," he gestured to the one he'd appeared to walk out of, "for the rest of your days!" And Gidian was rewarded with a look of absolute terror, as most of them began to drop their weapons, before one of them spoke boldly, "FOOLS! HE'S JUST A MAN! KILL HIM!"

TheJtlman

The man was about to smash Sky with his weapon, until he fell over dead. Sky startled by this, and looked up to see her hero emerged from the tree in which she was by. The way he talked, she knew he must be a wise old man, but do the fact that it was night out, she really couldn't see who the rescuer was. Half the men were torn between giving up and killing them. From behind them, an arrow zoomed out and killed another one. They turned around to see who this new man was, but as they did, the man beside her shot an arrow at another one. They were all dead in a matter of minutes, leaving Sky alone with these 2 mysterious heroes.

Sky: Thank you for rescuing me, but, who are you 2?

Staff member
    Gidian was taken aback slightly when a familiar man stepped out of the foliage, and called, "Well..this is..unexpected, but really now, I think its time you see how a young blood does it, Old Dog.." The voice rang a bell in Gidian's mind, the arrogant tone, the accent, and then it came to him. "Kabar? That you boy? Eh. Must be. Only you could be that terrible at moving without being seen."

Then one of the soldiers worked up the nerve to call out, "Hey! if you two bastards are done getting reacquainted, how about we finish this?!" And before Gidian could reply, Kabar called out, "Yes, perhaps it is time we finish this..Gidian, for old times sake?"

Gidian called out, "You never were a very-" and he abruptly fired his arrow, hitting the nearest soldier in the eye socket of his helmet, "good shot." Kabar had been smirking after he issued his challenge, but his smile vanished as he'd released his arrow a slight bit slower than Gidian, and his aim only slightly less impressive. But the master had bested the apprentice again, and Gidian knew it got under his old apprentice's skin. Gidian, now that he'd come to that realization, returned the smirk, although he knew his former apprentice wouldn't be able to see it under his mask, which covered the bottom half of his face, only revealing the eyes. Now walking forward to meet with his old apprentice, as well as see to the injured woman, who was supposedly a courier of some sort, Gidian said, "Who you calling old? I'm still a better shot than you, you near sighted behemoth. I could hear you crashing through the woods a mile off." Gidian did a very good job of sounding angry and grumpy, but he doubted his old apprentice was fooled.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    "Ha, save it Old Man, I'm just going easy on these bigots so you don't feel so outmatched," Kabal defending with a grin, happy to see his former Master. "What are you doing here anyways? I thought you got called back to Cyrodiil for some big ordeal, or did you miss me to much?" Kabal remarked, making a false pouting face before bursting into a small laugh. The Assassin turned his attention to the injured woman, kneeling down before her and removing a healing potion from his satchel. "Drink..you'll feel much better love, trust me," the young Redguard said through cold eyes, but with an inviting smile.

"Could have written a letter Gidian..its been two years.." Kabal said with a smirk, making light banter while attending to the woman's wounds. "God they really messed you up..." he remarked as he examined the poor condition her ribs were in. "To answer your question miss, I am Kabal, Hired Kill-" he stopped himself, "Hired Mercenary..." he said without thinking. "The slightly less impressive man behind me is Gidian, I suppose you could say we know each other," Kabal turned his head to the Ranger and rose an eyebrow. "If you don't mind me asking lady, who are you? and why is this letter enough to have Stormcloak Savages trying to kill you over it?" he questioned, lifting the woman up so that she leaned against the tree better.

Staff member
    Gidian raised an eyebrow. "So the merciless warrior shows mercy just for my sake? How touching. I didn't know you cared for me so." And then, to his first question, "Some might call it an ordeal. Especially you, seeing how you can barely string a bow without me there to hold your hand. Now's not the time for explanations, however."

Gidian grew serious now, as Kabal worked on healing the woman's wounds. His instincts as a teacher and an apprentice kicked in as he made sure his former apprentice did everything correctly. "Could have written a letter Gidian..its been two years.." Gidian simply nodded, and he also nodded to Kabar's next statement, "God they really messed you up... To answer your question miss, I am Kabal, Hired Kill-" he stopped himself, "Hired Mercenary..." Glidias raised his eyebrow once more, but kept his thoughts to himself. "The slightly less impressive man behind me is Gidian, I suppose you could say we know each other," Kabal turned his head to Gidian and raised an eyebrow. "If you don't mind me asking lady, who are you? and why is this letter enough to have Stormcloak Savages trying to kill you over it?" Gidian continued to remain silent, and serious, as he awaited the answer. Now wasn't the most opportune moment to put his young apprentice... former apprentice, in his place.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    OOC: Keep your minds out of the gutter at the screaming;)

Elizabeth and Daryl were safe, far from the imperial city and far from Elizabeths captors. The dragon wanted her to use against other dragons, and the entire world. The Thalmor wanted her for (there's a mass theory on the Thalmor trying to bring about the end of the world but yeh) reasons unknown. Daryl and Elizabeth hadn't figured out why they kept Elizabeth isolated her whole life, but they were about to. They had just fled Cyrodil, and they headed to the only place Daryl knew well, they headed to Falkreath. They stayed the night, and Daryl and Elizabeth headed out hunting the next day. He didn't want to bring her, for safety and metal health reasons, but she insisted on picking flowers. She promised not to get in the way. While hunting, Daryl caught multiple rabbits and squirrels. They were out for about an hour until they came across a body. "Woah!" exclaimed Elizabeth. "Look at his armor." "Yeah what of it?" Asked Daryl. As he leant down to loot the body. "Stop!" yelled Elizabeth, pulling Daryl away. "What?" asked Daryl angrily. "He might be alive." she said as she leant down to check him. Daryl gently pulled her away, she was facing him directly now. "A body all alone in the forest, you think he's alive? You must he dumber than you look." Daryls words hurt Elizabeth, "I am not!" she said, clearly upset. "Now c'mon, we could probably sell this." Daryl said, "Then we can bury him." He was only saying this, and would do it, to keep Elizabeth from getting more upset. "Just leave him alone!" she shouted. Daryl was angry now, "Why did I even save you?" he asked calmly. "I should have just handed you in and got my brother." Elizabeth was angry, he was arguing over something so stupid. "You aren't my problem!" Elizabeth felt something swell inside of her, and she lashed out. "I didn't ask you to save me! You should just-" he began to walk towards the body. "NOOO!!" she shouted, Daryl was pushed back at the thundering sound. Now she could scream loud, he knew that, but this was different. He was physically pushed back. While caught in the confusion, the body began to rise.

Pontius stood in the Falkreath graveyard,with his Candlelight spell filled the area with a brilliant blue aura. He had been sent here by Vigilant Tolan to investigate reports of strange noises coming from the graveyard at night. Just as it seemed as if his search would yield little evidence, he discovered a grave that looked as it it had recently been tampered with,despite the tombstone being over 50 years old. As he rose from the dirt, he looked across the graveyard, and saw a man in a thick black cloak standing a distance away. Pontius realized that this man did not want to be noticed. The man threw back his cloak, revealing bright red eyes and skin as pale as ivory. The vampire lunged at Pontius, baring his fangs, but not before Pontius could draw his mace and send it into the vampires shoulder. This sent the vampire staggering back, however the vampire still had plenty of fight in him. The vampire created a bolt of ice, and before Pontius could draw up a ward, it grazed across Pontius's waist, drawing blood and ripping his robes. Pontius managed to get his ward up, blocking yet another ice bolt, but he was unsure if he could manage this vampire alone. He said a prayer to Lady Mara asking for assistance and rushed at the vampire with all the might of his weapon and Lord behind him.

OOC: I'm about to go to a friends house for the night so any response to my "prayer for help" will be appreciated but likely not responded to until tommorow or very late tonight.

Kyzie

Keeper of the peace
    Kairu was starting to wake up when he heard voices one male and one female, "Maybe I could ask them about the Dragonborn?" he thought to himself.

The voices were arguing when all of a sudden he heard a thunderous sound, the power of the voice, he started to get up and saw the source of the voices

"Which one of you just shouted, I assume that it was you?" he gestured to the male, Kairu wasn't sure what race he was exactly but he knew he was either an Imperial or a Nord maybe both.

He stood there in front of them waiting for an answer.

OOC: Sorry about not having colour I cant get to a laptop until tomorrow so I will fix it then, and sorry for the short post the next post will be longer once I have something to run with.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Elizabeth gaped and out her hand over her mouth. "Daryl, I'm sorry!" She then turned to the man. "No, that was me..." She said. "Why, why do you care?" She asked. Daryl was confused and surprised, it only just clicked. She was... No she couldn't be. He was certain her had lost Elizabeth after the way he had just treated her, she would rise to fame and gain new protectors. He'd be cast into the shadows. "What's your game, huh?" Asked Daryl.

Kyzie

Keeper of the peace
    Kairu pulls out his Akaviri katana stabs it in to the ground and gets onto his right knee "Forgive me My Lady I meant no disrespect, you are the Dragonborn."

"My name is Kairu I'm an Akaviri, resurrected by Akatosh to serve and protect you, I am to carry out all orders without question." Kairu said still looking at the ground.

He rises, sheathes his katana and looks at the man "I apologise for the misunderstanding, I only wish to serve the Dragonborn will you let me accompany you My Lady?" he says now looking at the female

SonOfSkyrim91

"The times are getting much stranger," Utadee muttered to himself. He had lived in Falkreath for a few years now. He had seen the city change, new faces arriving and old ones leaving. But ever since Falkreath had announced its support for Whiterun, people from all over were arriving. There had been a woman, coming and going every few days, walking into town and then straight out the next day. All sorts of people had been coming. And then, just to top things off, their had been disturbances in the graveyard at night. "Last thing this town needs is to find out one of its own is a grave robber," the Argonian said in a hushed voice. He was determined to put a stop to it before it became a major problem. As he entered the inn, the fire instantly wrapped its warmth around him, holding him in its flickering grip. He walked over to the barkeep and ordered a bottle of ale, with a salmon steak. Rarely did he treat himself to cooked fish, normally he just ate it raw. The food was magnificent, warm and delicious, seasoned to perfection. The ale was... well, like it always was; bitter and quite frankly disgusting. It was the only thing they had, some drunkard hard taken all the wine and mead. "Bastard," was all that came to mind to describe that person.

He walked out of the inn, took a left and followed the road round the outside to his house. The late night air was cool, much different from in the inn. Hopefully the fire would warm him up quickly tonight. He opened the door to his home and put the fire on. He went into the backroom, and opened a chest. He was going into the graveyard, he needed to be prepared. He fitted his armor, the dark bronze metal was cold, but it would soon warm. It did not cover completely, leaving small gaps where his pale green scales were exposed. He slid his spear into place on his back, and fitted his shield to his arm. His dagger went neatly into its sheath on his belt, and he filled his pouch with a few potions. He didn't think he would need his bow. The graveyard had gotten big, but he did not believe that he would ever be at a range at which he would need it. "That should be enough," he spoke to himself once more. He had made a habit of it, not many people in town liked him, mostly because he was an Argonian.

The wooden door creaked forth from its frame as Utadee rushed from the warmth of his home to the cold night air. The moon was perfectly in place in the black sky, in full view with nothing blocking it. As he moved closer to the graveyard he could hear a lot of noise, and he moved much faster. When he arrived, it seemed they had started without him. There was a vampire, from the looks of his dark red eyes, and a vigilant. He cursed under his breath, and as he did the vigilant took an ice spike to the chest. He saw blood, a fair bit, and decided to help. The vigilant used some sort of magic shield to protect himself from a second, and then charged head on at the vampire. He took the vampire to the ground, hurling his mace at the beast, but was soon thrown off. The vampire had blood pouring from his shoulder. Utadee hurled the spiked metal fence, cutting the palm of his hand in the process, and ran straight for the vampire. It saw him, and came lunging at him. Utadee raised his spiked shield and bashed that vampire, who clung onto it, so Utadee twisted it, letting the spikes twist back and forth over its body. With a loud cry, he thrust his shield to the side and drove up towards the man's neck with his spear. It moved and he missed, instead grazing over his already wounded shoulder. It was on him again, so he took out his dagger and drove it into his inner thigh. The vampire's assault continued, and another spear thrust resulted in it sticking in his other shoulder. It hurled the Argonian to the floor, taking a seat on his chest and wrapping its hands around his throat. Its skin was ice cold, either from the ice spikes or just being dead. He closed his eyes and waited for his soul to be reunited with the Hist, but instead heard a large thump, a scream and felt the vampire's grip disappear. When he opened his eyes, he saw a vigilant, knelt over a vampire, bashing its head in with his mace.

Utadee walked over to the vigilant. "Some night, huh?" It was meant to try and lighten the spirits, but he thought he had failed. "May I retrieve my dagger?" he asked. The vigilant just looked at him as he leaned forward and freed his dagger from the vampire's cold flesh. "I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have interfered, but you looked like you needed a little bit of help. At least it's dead now." The vigilant did not look up, nor did he say anything. "So, uh, what's your name?" Still no answer. "Can I... buy you a drink?"

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    A grin flickered across Elizabeth's face, "oh really?" She asked. "Daryl step back." She ordered. "Hey I ain't your bitch" he remarked back. "Oh, right" she said, her face flushing with embarrassment. "Stand on foot." She said to the man. He did so. "Hop once." He did so. "Alright Daryl, this man will be accompanying us. Is that ok?" She asked. "As long as he don't get in my way." Daryl said. Daryl whispered to Elizabeth, low enough so the man couldn't hear "How long are we keeping this guy around? I don't trust him. Conveniently wants to serve the dragonborn, sent by Akatosh, ridiculous." Elizabeth responded with "play nice." And turned to the man "We'll be headed to a town called Falkreath, they're rebelling against Ulfric. He's really racist.. Someone else can explain later. You know first I thought they were freedom fighters.. But..." She stopped talking. They finally arrived in Falkreath, she proceeded to lead them towards the inn. "I'm gonna order us a room, don't wonder too far." Daryl said to Elizabeth. When Daryl was out of earshot, Elizabeth faced the new man. "We will tell people you are a Nord, you'll receive less racial discrimination. She went to a nearby table and sat, the Akaviri sat opposite her at the table. "So what is the dragonborn and why were you sent to protect me?"

TheJtlman

Sky was sitting there while the man tended to her injuries, he was asking her several questions. She didn't want to reveal what she did for the rebellion, so she decided to play stupid.

Sky: I don't know sir. I am just a courier. If it means anything, this letter is to the Jarl of Falkreath. Other then that, I thank you sir.

She slowly got up, as her ribs were still in pain. She bowed to them, and continued onward to Falkreath. She finally reached her destination by morning, and headed straight to the Jarl. As she was heading there, she thought about going to see her friend, Utadee. She reached the Jarl, and they went back to discuss the letter.

Sky: The main thing is that we don't have the help of The Empire any more. They got hold of the knowledge of our trade routes with them, even going as far as taking the supplies for themselves. Our best options are to stop this blockade, or to surrender.

Jarl: I will not surrender. Our petty little resistance almost Winterhold as an ally. With the magic of the college and the skills of the thieves guild, along with the raw power of the Companions, we might stand a chance.

Sky: I hope your right sir.

The Jarl quickly wrote down a letter, then handed it to her.

Jarl: Deliver this letter to Jarl Balgruuf as soon as you can.

Sky: Yes sir.

She took the letter, then decided that delivering the letter can wait, she needed rest. She put the letter in her bag, and going to the inn for some rest.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    As Kabal questioned the strange woman, she gave as little details as possible, nothing of interest except that this letter was for the Jarl of Falkreath. "Huh..interesting.." he uttered, eyeing her suspiciously, "Perhaps I can escort y-" but the mysterious courier was already getting up and walking away, leaving the Redguard rather annoyed that he didn't get the answers he sought. Kabal turned to Gidian, who had been rather silent while the Assassin had been tending to the woman's wounds. "Well Master, as much as I'd love to share a mug of ale and play 'catch up', I must be heading back to Falkreath..got some unfinished work, I think you can decipher my meaning..." he winked coldly and smiled.

"Should your mission for a Dying Empire bring you to Falkreath, come find me.." Kabal invited, bowing to his Master before turning around and getting a running jump onto a tree branch. The Killer climbed up higher and proceded to hop and swing from tree to tree like some kind of silent animal, stalking his prey. The hunted in question?

...That Courier...

Kabal silently watched the mysterious woman as she quickly made her way to the Forest Village. "heh, lets see what you're hiding from ol' Kabal lady.." he thought to himself as he stood on a branch 15 feet above her. After a seemingly endless day of grudgingly boring stalking on the Redguard's part, the courier finally made it to Falkreath. The Assassin watched from the cover of some tree brush as the woman made her way into the Jarl's Longhouse. The Morning Sun shone brightly and was a brilliant Orange, but did not aide Kabal in moving without being seen. Without a moment to spare, the Redguard carefully hopped from a Tree branch extending above and over the city walls, to the roof of the Longhouse. Slipping through an open window on the second floor, Kabal quietly entered the abode and hopped up to get a good grip on the support beams on the ceiling. Hanging on tightly, Kabal shimmied across the old wooden beams and hung himself on them by his legs, dangling upside down.

The courier and the Jarl started to talk, something about Winterhold being an ally, and the Raw Power of the Companions, but also about the useless Empire. "Humph, knew those bastards in Cyrodiil were useless...that's why Ulfric won in the first place..." Kabal thought to himself, feeling the blood start to drain to his head. The Redguard watched as the Jarl handed the Courier a letter, apparently for Balgruuf. Realizing that the conversation was over, Kabal carefully shimmied down the support beams and out the open window, luckily without being seen even in the broad daylight. Watching his prey enter Dead Man's Drink...

"Shes not going anywhere soon..." he mumbled to himself with a cold smirk.

TheJtlman

Sky headed into the tavern to get herself some rest. She saw all the different kinds of people there. Those who were allowed in the other holds and those who weren't. She ordered a room, and headed into it to sleep. She stripped her clothes, and hung them to dry the blood that was on them. She took her dagger out of its resting place. Giving it a few swings, she wished that she could use it better.
    She thought about getting a drink, but there were 2 things holding her back. One was that she wasn't thirsty, but she knew that was a sign of dehydration. The second was her outfit. She got some weird in the hold because of her bloodstained outfit. But, she knew most of the people here, they would just come and question her about this. So, she didn't want to put it on, mainly because she didn't like the feel of the dry blood scratching her skin. She could go and get a drink without her clothes, but, then people would see her bandages, which she really didn't want people to see. That, and she didn't want strangers to see her in her underpants.
    After finally deciding to just sleep, she noticed the door was open. Closing the door, she turned to see who was in there with her. She was then confronted by the man who had bandaged her. Her whole face turned red as she stood there, staring at him like a cow about to be butchered.

Staff member
    "I don't know sir. I am just a courier. If it means anything, this letter is to the Jarl of Falkreath. Other then that, I thank you sir." The woman evasively answered the question, not even giving her name Gidian was impressed. She must've been made of sterner stuff than he'd first thought. Not only was she able to hold it together and keep her mission confidential through a fierce attack, but also evade her dangerous rescuers' inquiry.

"Huh..interesting.." Kabal said slowly, neither him nor Gidian impressed nor satisfied with her answer. Gidian was about to step in, when the woman suddenly got to her feet and began briskly walking away. "Perhaps I can escort y-" Kabal had tried to offer.

Gidian let off an impressed whistle, before saying, "She's got steel in her, I'll give her that." His former apprentice nodded in agreement, before replying, "Well Master, as much as I'd love to share a mug of ale and play 'catch up', I must be heading back to Falkreath..got some unfinished work, I think you can decipher my meaning..." he winked coldly and smiled. Gidian looked at the disappearing figure of the woman once more, before returning his gaze back to his apprentice. He knew that look, and he didn't like it. But he had a job to do, and since the woman's life wasn't in immediate danger anymore, she would have to fend for herself.

"Should your mission for a Dying Empire bring you to Falkreath, come find me.." Kabal gave one last farewell before disappearing into the forest to stalk his prey, or what Gidian assumed was his prey. But, as he had trained Kabal in most of the finer points of his crafts, he knew what to look for, and was able to keep track of his apprentice's movements, though he could not clearly make him out at any one point. And so, the mentor in Gidian critiqued his student, and found he had improved, though he still wasn't flawless. He was far too aggressive in the chase, making far too many missteps that could cost him dearly against a well trained opponent. Although they were miniscule, and often times only the master eye of a veteran ranger would've spotted them. Still, he could not help but feel a sense of pride in Kabal's skill despite his less than noble intentions. "Foolish boy..." Gidian mumbled to himself, before moving to retrieve his arrows. He had to be careful not to break them as he removed them, and it was often a bloody business, but he removed the on lodged in the soldiers eye, cleaned it, and replaced it in his quiver. He then moved to the one he'd shot in the chest, expecting him to still be alive. But, the soldier hadn't been wearing very substantial armour. Usually, the layered padding and plate that warriors wear is enough to stop his arrows. Sighing with relief, he removed the arrow and moved on, stalking off in the direction of the Stormcloak encampment. Though he was infinitely curious as to what the courier was hiding, he amended he would find Kabal later, and see what he could find out.

The encampment was a rather small one, with several tents and fires in as orderly a formation as one could expect from the stormcloaks. Which is to say, a poor one. The encampment seemed to be a minimum of 30 men strong, 50 at the most. Intended more as an advance party than an actual fighting force to take Falkreath. Although, he didn't know how many encampments there were like this one in the area. So, he decided he try to gather more intelligence. After spotting the command tent, he briskly walked into the camp, as if he had a purpose. The rag tag condition and mixmatched armour of the troops only served to make him more inconspicuous, but he still lowered his cowl. For good measure, he grabbed a bucket and some rope, and walked toward the nearest water source. Gidian filled the bucket with water, before dropping the rope and heading toward what he assumed was the mess hall, where the meals were cooked near the command tent. Strolling in as if he knew exactly what he was doing, he set the bucket down near the cook's cooking area, and the cook nodded his thanks. Gidian didn't know what they would use the water for, but he did know that they needed it. He merely returned the nod, and walked out the back of the mess hall tent, now circling back around to get behind the command tent. Now able to comfortably listen without being observed, he settled himself into a comfortable position, lying prone on the ground and pulling his cowl over his face.

"Have me managed to intercept their couriers yet?" Said a man whom Gidian assumed was the commander.

"Most of them sir, but they're slippery. We have a patrol on the roads in case one decides to come through here. We were reliably informed by our spies that a message was headed this way." Said another man, obviously a veteran soldier or a lieutenant.

"Good. But not good enough. That dam*ed courier had better not get through this time, or I'll have you flogged. Understood?"

"Yes sir." The man said without concern.

"Good. Now what about the condition of the other encampments?" The commander demanded.

Gidian never got to hear the answer, for at that moment, one of the sentries walked past Gidian, almost stepping on him as he layed prone and perfectly still, relying on his cloak and the low visibility to conceal him. But, as luck would have it, the man decided to park himself right there. Content to guard the rear of the commander's tent until Oblivion took the world. Forcing Gidian's hand, he stealthily came up behind the man and got him in a choke hold, pulling him backwards to keep him off balance as consciousness left him. He dragged him deeper into the forest. After the deed was done, Gidian took his wineskin, and poured all of its contents on the man before dropping it near him. Gidian then did his best to make it appear as if he'd passed out drunk, and erased all signs of a struggle. Deciding he needed to get out of the camp, and soon, he confidently walked to the other end, where the horses were kept, as the alarm was raised and then declared a false alarm. Using the distraction to his advantage, Gidian stole a horse, and rode hard back to Falkreath.

Abandoning the horse as he approached the walls, he stealthily climbed up and over, his hands finding the smallest of handholds in the old and rough wall. He then lowered himself down from the other side, and, determining he hadn't been noticed, walked back toward the inn. The inn still had a room for him, after all. He'd paid in advance a few days before he'd departed.

He got a few strange looks upon entering, as he had dirt and foliage clinging to him in a few places. But, he glared at anyone who dared to stare, and they quickly adverted their gaze. Gidian grumpily trudged toward his room, passing several of the other patron's rooms on the way...

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    Kabal had silently slipped through the door of Deadman's Drink, garnering practically no attention to himself. He walked up to the counter on the Inn, where an Imperial Woman was busy cleaning glass mugs. Without looking up, the Barmaiden began to speak to him," Welcome to Deadman's drink stranger, can I get you a mug of-" she stopped in her tracks as she looked up and saw Kabal's cold, serious expression. "Hi, I'd like to know about a girl that walked in here not too long ago today..." he said in a quiet tone. "Sorry Sir, I'm afraid I don't disclose that kind of inform-"

"I think you and I both know that I will find out what I want to know, regardless of how stubborn you'd like to be," kabal interrupted her suddenly, staring deep into her eyes with a burning glare. She looked scared, and began to stammer, "Alright..a-a girl DID just rent out a room for the Night a couple hours ago..." the Imperial confessed. "Which Room?" Kabal demanded in a hushed tone, not trying to draw attention to himself. The woman was silent, to the Assassin's annoyance. Kabal chuckled lightly, "Which....Room?" he asked again, this time revealing the jagged Dagger sheathed on his belt. The Barmaid's eyes widened and she looked as if she would burst into tears, "Four...Room Four.." she said with much regret in her voice, she didn't know this courier, yet felt compelled to keep her safe whilst she was in HER Tavern. "Thank you for your cooperation sweet," his facial expression went from grave and serious to light hearted and happy, running his hand softly against the terrified woman's now pale face and smiling. "For your troubles," Kabal added, dropping a nice sized bag of septims on the counter, making the familiar sound of coins plopping onto a hard surface.

The Assassin casually walked up the stairs to a hallway, two doors on each side. He silently crept to the front of Room Four and found that it was locked as he tried to turn the knob. "Sigh..always so difficult.." Kabal rolled his eyes as he reached into a small pocket on his belt and pulled out a lockpicking kit. After a moment of fiddling with the nooks and crannies of the mechanism, Kabal unlocked the door and slowly opened the Door, finding the Courier to be laying down on her side, almost asleep. Leaving the door open, the Redguard slid over to a window at the end of the hallway and slipped out, shimmying across the roof of the Tavern and dropping down to Sky's window, making a small noise as he dropped down and clinged on to the window sill. The slight sound must have gotten Sky's attention, because Kabal heard her get off the springy mattress and investigate why her door was open. "Right into the Trap," Kabal thought smirking, pulling himself up and through the open window and into Sky's room. As she turned around, her face became a deep red as she saw her former "rescuer."

"Hello Love," Kabal said smiling as he slid past the woman and shut her door, locking it behind him and lightly pushing her forehead so that she fell back down onto her bed. The Killer noticed her eye the dagger she had on her nightstand, which made him close his eyes and shake his head. "Tsk Tsk, I wouldn't even try it, we don't want anybody to get hurt do we?" he said, taking the weapon and sticking it in the wooden door. "Now, how about we start with some simple questions..this time there is no running away.." he said coldly, taking a seat in a chair facing the bed, the glow of a lamp flickered across Kabal's dark skin, his yellow pupils focused completely on her, making Sky uneasy..

"What is your name? and what sort of information are you delivering?" he asked calmly, crossing his legs, questioning her as if he was a psychologist. "Oh, and don't think about lying to me love, any punishment your superiors will give you won't compare to the agonizing torture I can inflict on your body and mind..." he warned her, smiling as he said it.

(OOC: This is a few hours before Gidian shows up at Deadman's Drink)