• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

TheJtlman

Sky never had a feeling of being absolutely terrified and complete embarrassment. She was pushed on her bed by this hulking man. She eyed her dagger, but the man saw her eyeing it.

Kabal: Tsk Tsk, I wouldn't even try it, we don't want anybody to get hurt do we? What is your name? and what sort of information are you delivering? Oh, and don't think about lying to me love, any punishment your superiors will give you won't compare to the agonizing torture I can inflict on your body and mind...

Sky never received proper training with her weapons or as a solider. So, instead of remaining strong and not with holding information till the end, she gave in.

Sky: W-Well, my name is Sky, and the information was about a blockade by the Stormcloaks. Other than that, I don't know. Please don't kill me, I wouldn't be worth your time.

Pontius looked up from his grievous wounds, and met eyes with the argonian who had saved him. " My name is Pontius, I am Vigilant of Stendarr sent to Falkreath to investigate the noises of the graveyard, I can say conclusively I have discovered the reason. Please allow me to heal your wounds." Pontius cast a spell of healing over the Argonian's wounds, and the bright light sealed his wounds shut. "Before I can leave Falkreath, I must know, are their any other unfarmiliar faces here in Falkreath? I need to know of any other unusual occurences before I can return to the Hall of the Vigilants."

SonOfSkyrim91

Utadee was ready to give up when the vigilant spoke. "My name is Pontius, I am a Vigilant of Stendarr sent to Falkreath to investigate the noises of the graveyard, I can say conclusively I have discovered the reason. Please allow me to heal your wounds." The man, Pontius, cast a spell, and the Argonian felt his wounds closing, and the bruises forming on his neck disappearing. "Before I leave Falkreath, I must know, are there any other unfamiliar faces here in Falkreath? I need to know of any other unusual occurrences before I can return to the Hall of the Vigilants." Utadee thought for a moment. New people arrived all the time, from travelers to refugees, but very few ever stirred up any trouble, or even acted like they might. "Thank you, sir. If you hadn't have saved me, we would not be having this conversation right now. I wish I could be of more help, but to be perfectly honest with you, I don't keep track of people that come through here. Might I suggest questioning people at the inn? If anyone is going to meet every traveler that comes through here, it would be the barkeep there." He wanted to be more helpful, but there was nothing really he cold do. He tried to keep himself from interacting with people who were just passing through or staying just a few nights, the only one he had ever really spoken to was the Nord messenger woman. "Come on, I'll take you there if you like? I could use drink after that."

Pontius accompanied Utadee to the Falkreath Inn. It was a bit after midnight, so many of the village people had gone to bed for work the next morning, but there was still merriment to be found. The air was very warm, and was a welcome change from the bitter cold outside. The smell of cooked meat and stout ale filled the Inn. Pontius purchased an ale, and drank it heartily, though this bitter Nord ale could not compare to the Surlie Brothers Wine he was accustomed to in Cyrodiil. However, Pontius did did appreciate Narri, the busty nord woman serving drinks. " Utadee, where is this Nord messanger woman you have been speaking of? I sense it is vital that I meet her."

Kyzie

Keeper of the peace
    "So what is the Dragonborn and why were you sent to protect me?" the lady asked.

Kairu had to think how to explain it so he didn't offend her in any way, "As I'm sure you've guessed you are no ordinary mortal, You are the Dragonborn, You were born with the body of a mortal but the soul of a Dragon, It would take years for me to learn a word of power but it would only take you one look at it and you have already mastered it. You have the ability to slay dragons and absorb their souls." Kairu said plainly, he wasn't supprised or shocked about it like everyone else would he had been through it all before.

"As for why I have been sent to protect you I don't know only Lord Akatosh knows the answer to that, he only told me to protect you and follow every order to the letter." Kairu left the last part out about following every order unless Akatosh says so, He wasn't sure if she would get offended or if he was even allowed to tell her so he left it out.

Kairu looked at her and asked, "Forgive me My Lady but may I ask your name?"

SonOfSkyrim91

The inn was warm, and although many were sleeping, the inn was still alive and filled with song and drink. Utadee watched as Pontius ordered a drink, eyeing up the barkeep as he did, and then watched his face flood with disappointment as he took his first sip of the ale. Utadee couldn't help but laugh. "Utadee," his name caught him off guard. He turned to face Pontius as he spoke. "Where is this Nord messenger woman you have been speaking of? I sense it is vital I meet her." The Argonian didn't even know if she was in town at the moment. "I don't know, but I'll find out." He had been living in Falkreath for a few years now, he knew who to ask and who to stay away from. He walked up to Narri and leaned on the wooden counter in front of his. "Hello, Utadee. Here for another drink?" "Actually, no, sorry Narri. I was wondering if you could help me. I'm looking for someone." "Oh yeah? And who might that be?" Her voice was challenging. "Sky. A young Nord woman. She normally stops of here on her travels. She hasn't checked in here has she?" He was expecting a racial joke to come next, an Argonian man looking for a young Nord woman, ha ha ha. But instead, he watched as Narri's eyes filled with terror. She looked to his belt, and her eyes widened as they settled on his dagger. "Room four. Now go." The reply was blunt an hostile. "Okay... thanks. Are you okay?" "Just go!" Narri shouted at him. He put a coin purse on the table for her troubles. He turned back to Pontius. "Room four. That one over there."

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    Kabal gave a small chuckle at Sky's plea for mercy. "Kill you? please love, I don't kill without a purpose.." he assured her with an inviting smile. "So Sky is it? that's a lovely name, and I thank you for your cooperation," he said, smirking, staring her down with unforgiving eyes. "Stormcloak Blockade hmm?" he murmured, looking around the room. "I assume you aren't with them then, seeing how you're a Nord, that and the little mishap from yesterday." Kabal sighed, "Very well, I still have some more quest-." Kabal was getting ready to interrogate her more when he heard the first faint, but progressively louder sound of footsteps getting closer to the door. "Guards..." he grumbled in annoyance. "Hmm, we'll have to finish this chat at another time," Kabal informed her, standing up and heading for the window. "Don't go looking for trouble Sky...because then you'll find me.." he winked before slipping out the window and into the streets.

In the open streets of Falkreath, the young Assassin disappeared into a small crowd of people. For the moment, he was hidden, swallowed up by the crowds of citizens returning to their respective places of business...

TheJtlman

Sky was sitting there, frozen from fear at what just happened. After she finally came to her senses, she put on her bloody clothes, and went to get some mead. Her superiors forbade her from drinking, somewhat being due to her young age, but she didn't care at this point, she just wanted to be left alone. She opened the door and bumped into an Argonian, looking up, she saw it was Utadee.

Sky: Oh, hi Utadee, how's it going. I was going to get a drink, if you want, you may join me.

She went over innkeeper and ordered a standard mead and honey. After getting her requested items, she poured the honey into the bottle of mead. After the honey oozed its way into her drink, she took a sip. Utadee walked over by her and sat next to her.

Sky: So, what's up?

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    OOC: Jt, I assumed there would be some heavy brushing so that's what I wrote. If I'm wrong correct me and I'll edit the post.

When Kairu had finished talking, Elizabeth was slightly overwhelmed. "I am just a normal mortal.. Soul of a dragon? That is SO cool. I read a little bit about the Dragonborn, but not much. Something about Talos and the like. My name is Elizabeth, it's nice to meet you. I think you should grab something to eat, some refreshments. Here's some money." She said, handing him a small bag of septims. She got up, and headed the bar. She began chatting up the barkeep, asking all sorts of pointless questions.

-Daryl's POV-
    Daryl finished his ale, rented his room and proceeded up the stairs. He bumped into an Argonian, "Sorry." Muttered Daryl as he continued to his room. As soon as he got in, he slammed the door and slouched down to the floor leaning against the door. He began stabbing the ground, trying to slowly let off steam. His stabs got harder, until he got up , walked a few steps and kicked the drawers. Daryl walked back to the door and kicked it as well, nearly kicking it through. He began throwing fists at it, letting all his frustrations and rage out. Every time the other kids made fun of him, every time his father whipped and punched him. Every time Merle spoke to him like he was nothing, every time Daryl pushed someone who cared away. He was punching the door till his knuckles bled. He then left the room, rushing past back down the stairs, going past Elizabeth and her new friend and straight out the door. Then he just ran, crossbow on his back, just ran. Outside the gates and continuing on, he ran. He was just running, tiring himself out. He left his brother with the thalmor, the thalmor. The thalmor had his brother. The only one who looked out for him, and Daryl abandoned him. Daryl eventually stopped by a tree, and pulled his dagger out. He carved a circle on the tree, followed by a few circles inside the circle. He drew his crossbow, and went back a fair bit. He began shooting, the first arrow was directly in the centre. The second missed. The third hit the most outer circle, and the fourth missed the circle completely. Daryl tried again, and yielded similar results. Daryl didn't stop until all four landed in the smallest circle, this took about 10 minutes. Daryl did this so he knew when he could return, it took 10 minutes to calm down. Daryl arrived back at Falkreath half an hour later, and Elizabeth was no longer at her table. He assumed she had gone up to her room, he sat at the table she was at and just put his head in his hands.

"Daryl?" He heard a gentle voice besides him. "What's wrong?" Elizabeth asked. "I couldn't find you, and our room was a mess. Where did you go?" "I didn't go anywhere Elizabeth.." Daryl lied. "You're all sweaty, you're lying." Elizabeth said. "Daryl, what happened to your hands?" She asked grabbing his left hand and bringing it closer to her. "Nothing just- Will you let go of me?" Daryl said pulling his hand back. "I just- just leave me alone a minute will ya?" "Why are you so mean?" She asked, a little angry that she had come to him worried and he was treating her like this. Daryl couldn't help but feel bad It was the tone in her voice, or the look on her face. "I don't know Elizabeth, but you don't need me anymore. You've got someone to look out for ya, I think I'm gonna go back for my brother." He said, getting up out of his seat. He stood taller than Elizabeth. "No!" Elizabeth said, a little louder than usual, it turned a few heads. She immediately hugged him, and he couldn't help but hug back. When she pulled away she looked at him and said "I just found out I'm dragonborn Daryl, I don't even know what that means. You are the first person I've ever met, you saved me from Saphira. You saved me from being locked away, I'm free now." Daryl almost smiled, but didn't. He headed over to near the before he felt a tugging on his sleeveless shirt, "Daryl." Elizabeth said. "Yeah?" "You never asked me about my finger." Elizabeth said putting up her hand showing off her little finger, which had mostly been cut off and was covered by a thimble. "I assumed you were born with it or something, I don't know I didn't wanna ask." Daryl said, slowly walking closer to the bar with Elizabeth following. He was now within a metre of a young Nord woman, in bloody clothes. He almost made a period joke to Elizabeth, but the girl looked pretty shaken up. "Well," Elizabeth started "I don't know how it happened. I bet Saphira does." "That's great." Daryl said bluntly. "Look, I'm going up to sleep now. I'll catch ya later okay?" "Okay." Elizabeth said. Elizabeth almost began talking to the bar maiden again before noticing the bloody clothes of the girl next to her, "Oh my god are you okay?" Elizabeth asked. Before the girl had time to answer Elizabeth lifted the girls shirt high enough to see the damage but not too high enough to see her breasts. The damage looked severe, but it had been tended to a little. The area looked severely bruised, it looked very painful. Elizabeth dropped the shirt and looked to the woman once more, "Are you okay?"

TheJtlman

Drinking her 3 bottle of mead, the easiest thing Sky did today was keeping the mead down. She waited for Utadee's answer when an imperial asked if she was okay. She was going to tell her to not worry when she suddenly lifted Sky's shirt. This really caught Sky off guard, and she almost fell of the stool she was sitting on. She dropped it and asked Sky if she was okay again.

Sky: Yeah, I'm fine. It's just some bruises.

Being attacked by Stormcloaks, being held captive by someone who tended to her wounds, and now, being sexually harassed by a random woman. Well, she knew it wasn't sexual harassment, but it didn't really help much that Utadee saw this, she knew that there would be questions about this. When she got back to Whiterun, she would need to learn to protect herself better.
    The imperial woman was still staring at her, not with the look the other man gave her, but with a gentle compassionate look, which made her uncomfortable. She finished the 3rd bottle, and started to feel the effects of the alcohol, due to her low resilience to the beverage.

Sky: Honestly, I'm fine. You don't need to worry.

Having not slept for a day, drinking several bottles of mead, and some stress that she gave away classified information that can be used against them, took it's toll on her. She laid her head on the counter of the bar, and fell asleep.

Pontius approached the bar and noticed a Nord woman asleep at the bar, covered in bloody rags, as well as an Imperial woman standing watch over her. He approached the Imperial woman inquisitvely, "My name is Pontius, and I am Vigilant of Stendarr sent here to investigate the Falkreath Graveyard. A vampire has been found in the graveyard, and this woman's condition makes her a suspect for inquisition. Please tell me what you know about this woman before I wake her up. As well, pardon my rudeness, what is your name?"

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Elizabeth watched the woman pass out, and decided to take the responsibility of making sure she's okay. A man came over and began questioning Elizabeth, telling her of a vampire. "A vampire? Oh my gosh.." She said, he heart sank. "My name is Elizabeth, and I don't know this woman. The blood is from an injury under her chest though, I can assure you this woman is no vampire. I checked the wound myself, terribly bloodied and bruised." Elizabeth said before making one final note, "If you need help with the vampire I'm sure my friend Daryl would help you. You may have to pay him but he's good at hunting, he uses a crossbow." It didn't sound right saying 'my friend Daryl' and pointlessly adding on the part about the crossbow. She also wondered how Daryl would feel if this man accepted her request, he just volunteered him for vampire hunting. Elizabeth innocently smiled at the man before poking the Nord. "Wakey wakey, you have visitors."

Meanwhile Daryl dreams about ponies.

SonOfSkyrim91

Utadee had pointed Pontius to Sky's room, then gone for a small look around the inn to see which rooms were taken. He bumped into a man on the way, but before Utadee could apologize the man beat him to it. He was glad to know that Sky was back in Falkreath, at least for the night. He would have to go and see her at some point once Pontius was done with her. He returned back to the bar, just as Sky walked out of her room in front of him, bloody clothes clinging to her body. "Oh, hi Utadee." She didn't sound like herself, it was obvious that something was wrong. "How's it going? I was going to get a drink, if you want, you may join me." Utadee had already been drinking, but one more with a friend couldn't hurt. They walked over to the bar. Narri did not look happy to see him at all. He ordered a bottle of mead, odd for him as he usually stuck to ale. He was drinking it when Sky asked "So, what's up?" He kept drinking, and then put the bottle down to answer her question. He had just opened his mouth to speak when a small Imperial woman wandered over, and lifted up Sky's top. It was funny, but he tried to keep himself from bursting out laughing. She was quizzing her about her wounds, something Utadee intended to do later, but he didn't listen. He was concentrating on not laughing at Sky. They were talking, and he was beginning to see the embarrassment on her face. Soon, she finished the third drink, said something a slurred, almost impossible to understand voice. Then, before Utadee could talk, she put her head on the bar, and went to sleep.

Utadee finished his drink, and then just sat there, watching. The Imperial woman didn't seem to register that he was there, and just kept watching her. Not long after Utadee's fourth drink, Pontius walked over. Again, he didn't seem to notice that Utadee was even there, and began straight away yapping about vampires, and how suspicious Sky's bloodied attire made her. The Imperial seemed shocked, and it seemed as though she had taken it upon herself to safeguard this woman. Utadee could not figure out why he wasn't noticed, or why everyone in the world wanted to but in on his conversation and stop him from catching up with his friend. It frustrated him a little bit, but he knew that the Imperial wasn't about to leave Sky there. She made a gentle attempt at waking Sky up, and much to Utadee's surprise she succeeded. Sky awoke, dazed and confused. The drink had obviously taken effect. He wanted to leave, but for some odd reason found himself interested on what the Vigilant had to say. That, and he thought that maybe they could finally have a conversation with her once they were done.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Quite a crowd had passed through the hallway that Gidian had to walk through to get to his room. An argonian and an Imperial rushed past him, as well as a man whose race he couldn't place. bumping him as they went by. Very annoyed, he decided not to make much of it. They stopped in front of a door for a moment, giving Gidian some time to catch up with them, when the courier from before rushed out, just about bowling them all over. "What in the name of...!" Gidian began, before recognizing her. But they didn't seem to take much notice in Gidian, and simply seemed to ignore him, talking amongst themselves and going back to the main room of the inn. Though, the argonian showed the only civility among the brutes. he tried to apologize before walking away, but Gidian beat him to it. "Don't worry about it." He said, brushing it off. He would forgive the argonian, but not the others.

Seething, and a bit curious, Gidian followed them. He took a seat in a corner where he could watch them and all who entered, he pulled his deep cowl over his head, and merely observed. A waitress came to take his order, and he ordered some venison and wine, seeking to replace the wine he'd left behind. He, of course, carried an extra wine skin. But, he felt entitled to wine now that he'd lost some of his stores. The low prices of food in most of Skyrim's hold never ceased to surprise him. Typically, venison was food for the nobles. Citizens and peasants weren't allowed to hunt deer legally. However, that didn't stop them from poaching. Grinning to him self at the novelty of eating what was most likely illegally acquired venison, he pulled down his face mask and ate while he listened and watched, not many people taking notice of him. The man, whom he now identified as a combination of two races, left and returned in the span of a bit more than ten minutes. When he had left, Gidian had noticed bruises and scrapes on his knuckles. And when he returned, Gidian noticed he seemed sweaty and tired. Better keep an eye on that one, don't want him causing trouble. Might be out starting fights. And then a concerned young woman came to attend to him, but he brushed off her concerns.

Most of what was said seemed to be idle chatter, until the woman passed out. Then the Imperial began asking questions and generally suspecting the woman was a vampire. And it was then that Gidian recognized him as a Vigilant of Stendarr. Not him specifically, but his attire which seemed to be the general uniform among them. The young woman who had tried to attend to the two-raced man now sought to take care of the Courier who'd passed out at the bar. She seemed genuinely concerned, and then disturbed at the mention of vampires. Deciding it was time for him to make his approach, as they were waking the woman, Gidian got to his feet and returned his mask to its proper position. He approached unnoticed, and they didn't seem to hear or see him, their attention focused on the Courier. He decided to simply stand there behind them, his arms crossed, until she woke. He also made sure to glare. After all, these were the fools who had bumped and ignored him. But, he was only interested in the courier, and what she was hiding. He'd originally planned to find his former apprentice for information, but as he hadn't killed the woman, he decided not to let the courtesy go to waste.

Pontius wished to question this Nord woman about her wounds, but first, he cast a powerful spell of healing upon her. The bright light seeped through her skin, and within moments her bruises were gone and color had returned to her face. The Innkeeper arose, red in the face. "There are very few rules in this Inn! But one rule I hold is absolutely no magic! I want the whole lot of you unfarmiliar rabble out of my Inn in the next 10 seconds or I'll call the guard! And take that drunken Nord wench with you!" OOC: I hope this ok guys, just wanted to bring a bit of action in.

TheJtlman

Sky woke up, listening to the different people argue about something, but, it was to inaudible to her. She felt her wounds heal up and something about her being a wrench and having to leave. The guards came to take them out.

Sky: Hey wait a minute, I have done anything wrong. I am drunk, but I didn't do nothing wrong. I never knew these people before. I no use magic, and neither does my friend lizzy the lizard. Besides, I have things in my sleepy place that I need. You can boot me before I get my stuff. Can, can, no. CAN'T boot me until I gather those things in my sleepy place.

The guards were ahead of her, and the threw her satchel, which hit her square in the face, then placed her dagger in the satchel.

Guard: Now get out.

Sky shook her head, refusing to leave.

Sky: No, I paid for a sleepy place so I can sleep. So me will sleep.

After saying that, Sky fell off her stool, landing face first on the ground, out cold again.

SonOfSkyrim91

Utadee humped up. He knew Narri, he could help. "Wait Narri," he started. "They're with me. This Nord woman is the one I was looking for, these two Imperials are friends of mine. C'mon, he didn't know, he won't do it again, I promise." He had known Narri for as long as he had lived in Falkreath years, and they had always gotten along. But he wasn't expecting the hostility with which she replied. "No! Get out of my inn, Lizard. Your kind have no place here." Utadee was furious. He marched right up to the bar and pressed his scaly face close to hers. "You wanna say that again Narri? You wanna make another comment about me being a 'beast', or a 'slave' or a lizard?" He could sense people watching him, but at this point he was beyond care. He looked at Narri's eyes, and saw a fearful look. He was much, much taller than her. He was crouched quite a way to even be at eye level with her. He bared his fangs and his eyes narrowed, a sign of aggression. He started shouting "You racist b*tch! You could have just asked me to leave, fair enough! But you have to mention my race too? Give me one good reason why I shouldn't knock you on your arse!" She stayed silent. He stood up to his full height, about six, maybe seven inches taller than Narri. He was around 6'4"/6'5", much taller than most people. He felt a slight tug at the back of his shirt. He didn't look to see who it was, just turned and walked slowly out of the inn, spitting on his hand and wiping it on the door frame as he left.

Utadee had quite a temper. He couldn't help himself. He had seen too many horrific things in his time as a soldier, and now even the smallest things could set him off on a rant. He wanted to go back and apologize, but knew that he would only be greeted with hostility if he did. He walked across the paved road to a bench opposite the inn. The wooden seat was cold, and the night air was like ice compared to the comfort and warmth of the inn. He closed his eyes and leant his head back. He like everyone he had met, and considered inviting them back to his to stay the night. He had food and drink, and plenty of bedrolls from when he used to camp. But he didn't know if anyone had followed him out of the inn. He opened his eyes, leant his head forward, and faced the door of the inn, looking to see who followed him out.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Gidian smiled to himself. There were advantages to remaining unnoticed after all. After the Vigilant had healed the Courier's wounds, the innkeeper had gone berserk, calling the guards and demanding that they leave. Gidian merely backed away, blending in with the inn itself and the people around him. He enjoyed the poetic justice of the situation, as the courier woke up and drunkenly fell on her face again. He was sorry when the argonian received a share of the animosity, but not that sorry.

Outside of the Inn, Pontius approached Utadee, " I apologize, I didn't realize a bit of healing magic was premise to be thrown out of an Inn. The natives nords appear to be more fearful of magic then I am used to in Cyrodiil. It is hard to believe that barmaiden had the nerve to call you a mere Lizard, what times we live in." Pontius pondered for a moment and declared, " This is the work of Ulfric Stormcloak. I've been in Skyrim for many years, and fear of magic and racial tension has always been an issue, but it has only gotten worse since Ulfric became High King. What say you Utadee?"

SonOfSkyrim91

Pontius was the first to follow out of the inn. "I apologize. I didn't realize a bit of healing magic was premise to be thrown out of an inn. The native Nords appear to be more fearful of magic than I am used to in Cyrodiil. It is hard to believe that barmaiden had the nerve to call you a mere Lizard, what times we live in. This is the work of Ulfric Stormcloak. I've been in Skyrim for many years, and fear of magic and racial tension has always been an issue, but it has only gotten worse since Ulfric became High King. What say you Utadee?" Utadee just shook his head. "I should have hit her, made her bleed and scream. It may have been an awful sight, but it would get the message into their thick Nordic skulls that racism is gonna get you hurt. To be honest, I think you're right about Ulfric. everything is just getting worse with him as High King." He stopped and thought for a moment, about Ulfric causing more racism. He despised Ulfric, wanted him off the throne as soon as possible. "So, everyone else is still in there, I take it?"