• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    Pontius frowned at Utadee. "Surely you are intelligent enough to know that violence will not end racism...but racism can lead to violence. As a Vigilant, I have been taught a peaceful solution is a better solution. Healing the dying is far better then killing the undead." Pontius looked towards the glow of the inn. " I wonder if are fellow rabble will join us soon.""

SonOfSkyrim91

"Surely you are intelligent enough to know that violence will not end racism...but racism can lead to violence. As a Vigilant, I have been taught a peaceful solution is a better solution. Healing the dying is far better then killing the undead." Pontius was frowning at Utadee as he spoke. Utadee knew he was right, but he just didn't want to admit it. His way had always been violent, fueled by a childhood of loss and anger. His temper was always getting him in to trouble, he was sort of glad he had avoided the fight this time.

He had been thinking. "I wonder if our fellow rabble will join us soon." He wanted them to emerge from the inn soon. He intended to offer Pontius, Sky and the Imperial woman a place to stay for the night. Now that they had been kicked out of the inn, they would need somewhere to sleep. "I hope so. Where are you going to stay tonight then? If you have nowhere to go, you are more than welcome to stay at mine for the night. It is probably not as luxurious as you are used to, but it's better than nowhere." He thought while he waited for Pontius to respond. He had no clue who the Imperial woman was, nor why he was willing to accommodate her, but he wasn't about to let someone who seemed to care so much about people to spend a night on the streets. As for Sky, well, he'd know her for a fairly long time now. If she was out of luck finding a place to stay, she was more than welcome. Pontius had saved his life in the graveyard, he owed the Vigilant. Besides, it would be nice to have company. He was the only Argonian in Falkreath, and people tended to steer clear of him. Many of them had never seen an Argonian before, and then to see one so tall and well built, he could understand why most didn't like him, especially with all the racism in the town. He had been in a few fights over the years, and he could remember at least four that were started because of a racist remark. He was bigger than everyone in town, and he had claws, and he was a soldier, so he always won. People used to shout at him as he wandered the streets, but after one particular fight in which both of his opponents were knocked unconscious, and one of the men had to seek the help of the Riften face sculptor for repairs afterwards, most people began to stop. He wanted to bury those memories in the past, but feared that as long as he lived in Falkreath they would haunt him. His thought were cut short, however, when the inn door creaked open.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    As Kabal made his way out of Grave Concoctions, he noticed some rabble going on near Deadman's Drink, and took it upon himself to investigate the scene. The Redguard saw two men: An Argonian and an Imperial man discussing something outside of the Inn, he was too far to make out what they were saying, but he could tell from the look on their faces that they were angry. Kabal made his way over to them, looking for information, he had a bit of a habit: The Assassin always had to know what was happening in his surroundings, he figured it was the safest way to go about things. Kabal approached the two, first addressing the Argonian man, "You look angry Lizard, someone giving you trouble?" he asked, looking to the Imperial after he spoke and beginning to recognize him. "Huh, I remember him...He was dicking around in the Graveyard not too long ago," he thought, lowering his eyelids in annoyance. Kabal appreciated what the Vigilants stood for, but he had always found that they thought highly of themselves, a pet peeve the Redguard had.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    OOC: Sorry for the short post

Elizabeth was shocked at how hostile the bar maiden was, and began to panics when the Argonian began yelling at her. She had never seen an Argonian before, she thought they looked 'cool'. Best keep the opinion to herself. She pleaded to be aloud to stay, Daryl was still upstairs. She was still kicked out, so she trudged out after everybody else. The cold air hit her immediately, she began to shiver lightly. "Is everybody okay?" She asked. She walked over to the Argonian, dragging her feet behind her. "The person I arrived with is still inside and sleeping, what do I do?" She asked the Argonian, despite having an outburst he seemed trustworthy. She felt sorry for him, he must receive a lot of racism for being so different in appearance. As Elizabeth stood where she was she held right wrist with her left hand.

SonOfSkyrim91

Utadee's attention was taken away from the opening door when a hooded Redguard man walked over. "You look angry Lizard, someone giving you trouble?" Utadee instantly grew furious, outraged for the second time that night. He flew off the bench towards the Redguard man. He stood no more than two inches away, looming a few inched taller than the Redguard man. He loved using his height in an attempt to intimidate others. "Yeah. The racist barkeep b*tch in the inn telling me I have no place there, and that I'm just a Lizard." The Redguard did not look impressed or intimidated, even as his claws became prominent, and he bared his fangs and slit his eyes. Then he remembered Pontius' words, and felt his eyes boring into him. He turned away from the Redguard and sat back on the bench, letting out a long sigh. "So, what do you want? You gonna rob me? Beat me? Murder me because I'm a 'beast'? A 'slave'? Well, now's as good a time as any." He fully expected the man to kill him. In his experience, Redguards and Nords were the ones that abused him most. Now he just had to wait for the dagger to pierce his scaled flesh. He deserved it, he thought. All he ever did was stir up trouble. He hated feeling sorry for himself, it made him feel weak, like he was a whining hatchling again, but in his current, maybe not so sober frame of mind he thought that maybe he was better off as an expensive pair of boots.

It was at that moment that the small Imperial woman walked out. "Is everybody okay?" she asked. She was shivering. "The person I arrived with is still inside and sleeping, what do I do?" He thought she was talking to him. Her innocence made his smile. "Well, I believe Pontius is staying the night at mine, you're more than welcome to join us. Don't worry, I don't bite, despite what everyone else says." She seemed genuinely upset that she was alone out here without this other person. "I'll make sure to tell this other person where you are." He thought for a moment about this Imperial woman. She was very short. And then he realized, he didn't even know her name. "So, what is your name?" His voice was curious and fairly awkward, he wasn't good at introductions.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    Kabal rose an eyebrow at the Argonian's wild response. "So, what do you want? You gonna rob me? Beat me? Murder me because I'm a 'beast'? A 'slave'? Well, now's as good a time as any." the Redguard laughed silently at the question. "Hardly, your people haven't been slaves since the 3rd era. I'm no killer..well at least not without good reason," he assured the Lizard man. "It's because I'm black, isn't it?" Kabal joked, "Worry not, I'll leave you in peace," he said, preparing to walk away. As he walked off, Kabal turned his head and stopped, "Argonian..." he said without any emotion, "Don't let these people get to you...this will all be over...soon, very soon..." he smiled and continued to walk off, knowing he couldn't go back to the inn with all the commotion going on. The Assassin walked out of Falkreath and after a couple hours, took refuge in the long abandoned Peak's Shade Tower. "Hmm, nothing here," Kabal muttered as he inspected the old structure for any Spriggans or other problems. The stairs that led up to the top of the Tower were old and missing planks, making it impossible for one to just walk up. Sighing, the young Redguard swung a rope with a grappling hook attached to the end and listened for the cling of metal hitting stone in the dark, Night beginning to fall upon him. After climbing the rope to the top of the tower, Kabal was surprised to find an old bed roll and a small table and chair up on the roof. Yawning, the weary Assassin fell onto the worn bedroll and drifted off into a light sleep, figuring that if Gidian truly wished to find him, he would just track him down.

The old man was a Ranger, afterall...

Just as Pontius was taking Utadee up on his offer of hospitality, a Redguard approached out of the darkness and referred to Utadee as "Lizard". Clearly this man was unaware of what had just happened in the Inn. Utadee approached the redguard in a very aggressive manner. As much as Pontius hoped that Utadee would leave it be and not resort to violence, he would not blame Utadee. However, Utadee sat back down, with a look of defeat on his face, and the Redguard left him be. Just then, Elizabeth, the Imperial woman from the Inn approached the group. She seemed frightened, and claimed that the man she arrived at was still in the Inn asleep. " I apologize Elizabeth, I was unaware what a commotion my healing spell would cause. I'll see to it you are united with your comrade." Pontius recalled a girl named Elizabeth he had met in Leyawiin back before he joined up with the Legion, back when he was still practically a child. This new Elizabeth reminded him of the one he missed, and he felt as if he was meant to meet this person.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Gidian looked down at the unconscious courier, who shockingly wasn't attracting very much attention. The guards merely laughed and walked out, leaving her there. It was as if this kind of thing happened all the time here. Even the woman's friends had left without her, although the Two-Raced man was still upstairs. Deciding that he needed answers, and he couldn't just leave her lying on the ground, he scooped her up as if she weighed almost nothing. Now, unsure of what to do, he looked toward the door where her "friends" had exited, and then back up the stairs, where her room would be. Facing only a moments indecision, he decided to take her back to her room, where she could recover enough to answer his questions. Besides, he imagined she needed a bit of rest. He walked up the stairs and into the hallway toward her room, but stopped in front of her door. He eyed the doorknob for moment, inspecting it for damage or signs of a shoddy lock picker. He was almost certain his former apprentice had paid her a visit, but he had left very little trace behind. Deciding she wouldn't be safe in her own room, knowing Kabal the way he did, he instead took her to the room he'd paid for in advance, and unceremoniously dropped her on the bed. Then, he moved to the window for a moment, stealthily looking outside, and saw what he was looking for. Kabal, walking toward the Courier's former company. Gidian looked at the drunk woman one time, decided she wasn't going anywhere, and hopped out the window and climbed up to the roof. There, he moved slowly, careful not to make a sound and to stay low, so he wouldn't make a silhouette against the skyline. When he was within hearing distance of the small group, and was fairly confident of where they were standing, he listened to their conversation.

Noting that there was one still in the inn, he dropped stealthily down to the corner of the building, where he would be out of sight of the small group. Waiting for them to get absorbed in their conversation, he stepped out from the corner and into plain sight, although his cloak made him very difficult to focus on, plus it was dark. He elected to walk boldly forward to avoid drawing suspicion from anyone watching, and he could walk quietly enough without the foolish over-exaggerated posture and slow footsteps that most assumed would make them stealthy. He'd positioned himself almost perfectly, so that he was behind his former apprentice, who's large form would block the sight-line of the person in front of him, and none of the others really had a chance of spotting him. They weren't looking his way, and were to engrossed in their passionate speaking. But, before he could get very close to the group, Kabal simply excused himself and left, making a joking comment. Glaring, Gidian waited until he'd passed out of sight, then stepped out into the light, right in the middle of the group, grabbed the Argonian by the shoulder, and said grumpily, "I moved that woman to the room I rented. I thought better of putting her in her own room, she may be in danger. Keep an eye on her. The room is at the end of the hall. Can't miss it."

And then he walked off after Kabal before anyone could respond. He was following the route he'd last seen Kabal take, going over building to check around corners instead of simply sticking his head around them. Soon enough, he spotted him walking out one of the main gates and on to the roads. Shocked by his carelessness, Gidian quickly scaled the wall and stealthily dropped to the other side, as he had done so many times before. He elected not to pull the fancy tree swinging, because it was considerably more risky and made one much easier to detect in most cases. Stalking through the forest, paralleling the road, he set out at an ambitious pace, working hard to slide his feet under things that could make noise, such as twigs, branches, and some leaves. Years of experience made him light footed, and that, coupled with his specially crafted boots, made him nigh undetectable by sound. Matching his movements with the environment around him, swaying with the wind, and all the shifting shadows, along with his mottled clock, he was nigh undetectable by sight. The most anyone would see was a small blurr of movement, which only a trained eye would spot. Still, Kabal was trained. Keeping that in mind, he gave Kabal a wide birth as he worked his way in front of him, predicting his route instead of trying to trail him. It would be easy for Kabal to simply observe behind and beside him and notice something was amiss, and even if it wouldn't have been likely for Kabal to spot Gidian, he took no chances. The assassin would not expect to be stalked from in front of him. Occasionally, he would find himself having to stop and listen intensely to make sure Kabal was still headed in the same direction. Several times, the boy had taken unexpected detours. But, each time, Gidian was able to locate him once again. In the end, it was inevitable Gidian had to give ground to Kabal. The options and paths available to him became too numerous for Gidian to reliably predict. So, he sacrificed most of his speed for stealth, freezing several times as Kabal suddenly turned around, and examined the area all around him. In a few agonizingly long hours of this cat and mouse game, Kabal finally came upon a tower, or refuge of some sort, abandoned.

Gidian was perched in a tree, swaying with the wind and shadows, almost completely invisible, as Kabal entered, then quickly exited to see if he could catch any amateur stalkers slipping up. But Gidian was no amateur stalker, and remained hidden. Then, he went back inside and checked the place for inhabitants, only to find none and report to himself, "Hmm, nothing here."

Gidian waited for several long minutes, when he heard a sound of metal against stone. Most likely Kabal climbing to another level of the tower. Figuring his old apprentice would sleep in the most secure location as possible, the top of the tower, he gave it a few more hours, ignoring the soreness of his muscles from maintaining the same position for so long. Confident the assassin was now asleep, albeit in a light one(He'd trained Kabal to never sleep too deeply, not that he had needed much practice). Knowing his former apprentice would wake up at the slightest noise which was out of the ordinary, Gidian lowered himself stealth-fully to the ground. Not anxious to cross the open ground to the tower, as he would be in plain sight, he steeled himself before quickly and quietly crossing the distance. Almost certain that almost every floorboard in the abandoned tower would let off a terrible groan, Gidian's innate light footedness, combined with years of training, allowed him to carefully inspect the lower level of the tower without making noise. Or at least, not enough noise so that he thought most would hear. Heart pounding, Gidian forced himself to take steady and quiet breaths. This was one of the most unadventurous positions in the tower, as anyone on the upper floor (which he was confident Kabal was) would have those on the lower floor at their mercy. The stairs were not an option. Even he, with all his experience and training, would not be able to ascend those deathtraps without making a sound. Cursing silently to himself, he silently walked outside and inspected the walls of the tower. Grinning to himself, he found that he could easily find handholds to ascend the tower with. With great care and skill, he agonized about every foot and hand hold, testing them before actually putting weight on them. If they broke off, or he made a noise, then this whole hair brained scheme would be over. Progress was agonizingly slow, and several times he found himself suppressing cried of alarm as he reached out only to find no holds to place his hand or foot. But, one of the most important things was keeping calm, and not losing composure. Eventually, he got to the upper floor of the tower, and found himself holding on to a small balcony. Gently hauling himself over, and stepping carefully, he found his apprentice sleep on the only mattress in the room. Sloppy! Gidian was telling himself in his mind. Stepping lightly, and examining the chair to see if it was stable enough to sit in, he couldn't help but think his former apprentice had wanted him to follow. He certainly hoped so, or he'd lose all hope for future generations. Finally satisfied the chair and table could hold his weight without making any noise, he carefully sat down and propped his feet on the table, watching his apprentice. Gidian would appear asleep in this position, his face obscured, even if he was awake.

A light sleeper himself, and a seasoned campaigner, Gidian was able to doze off for increments of time, and then periodically wake up and observe the area, making sure his apprentice was still asleep. Doing this for several hours, Gidian would be waiting awhile before his apprentice would wake up.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    The Argonian did his best at putting her mind at ease, he succeeded somewhat. While she was open to the idea of staying the night she didn't want to get in the way, or be a burden, but what choice did she have? "He has a crossbow, short brown hair and a sleeveless top." Elizabeth said, to make sure he found the right man. "My name is Elizabeth, pleased to meet you. And you are?" She asked extending her hand. They lightly shook hands, and then another man appeared. He was a shady looking Redguard, Elizabeth was uncomfortable around him. After he left yet another man approached. He informed the Argonian of the passed out girls whereabouts and before she could ask about Daryl, the man left. "I'll sleep over if you're sure I won't be an inconvenience." She finally said.

TheJtlman

Sky eventually, got up still somewhat drunk and trying to recall what happened since she passed out. Sitting up, 2 thoughts came to her mind.

Sky:*How long was I out, and why does my head hurt so bad.*

She reached into her bag, to recall the letters she had. If she was correct, she had to give the letters about the mission several of the companions getting supplies from a shipment passing close to whiterun. The thieves guild doing something similar in a area going to Markarth. She dug threw her satchel to see what other letters and news she had to deliver. After digging a little bit, she couldn't find any. Then it dawned to her, someone took her letters. She panicked.

Sky: On no, I lost the letters what am I going to do the stormcloaks will get them if they don't already have them and I am going to get in so much trouble and they are going to fire me and the High king will stop this rebellion and we will all get in trouble and I will get brought back to my family and they will insult me and make fun of my hair then they will take me in but take away my rights as a family member and make me a slave and will boss me around and make me go back to the whore house. *Inhales deeply* And I don't want to go back to the whore house, it's not fun.

After her panic attack, she grabbed her dagger, then went to investigate on who took her stuff.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    It was still dark when Kabal groggily awoke from his well needed slumber, the chirping of crickets being the only sound in the still of early morn. As he awoke, the Redguard saw the non detailed silhouette of a muscle bound figure in the moonlight, causing him to immediately come to his senses. Quickly sitting straight up, Kabal unsheathed his dagger, hopping to his feet and getting into a defensive stance. Squinting, Kabal made out more detail, and realized that the figure sitting in front of him was Gidian. Giving a sigh of relief, the Assassin put away his dagger and crossed his arms, obviously not amused that the Nord was able to sneak up on him.

"Did I make it too easy? or did you just tail me here?" Kabal questioned, giving a small yawn. "You probably just want information though, why else would you come to visit?" he remarked smirking, removing a crudely rolled cigarette from his belt and striking a match to light it. "That girl you saved earlier, her name was Sky...she is a messenger for this Rebellion that's brewing," he informed Gidian, taking a drag from his cigarette and letting the smoke pour from his nostrils. "Stormcloak blockades prevent the Empire from effectively intervening, and from what I've seen during my travels through the holds for various contracts, they are beginning to question everyone who even seems suspicious in the slightest." Kabal stayed silent as he heard the trotting of a horse on the dirt road, the creaking of old wooden wheels rolled across the ground, merely a carriage passing through early to avoid any trouble with Stormcloak road patrols.

"Gidian I must admit, there is no pleasure in taking the life of someone who is already suffering..." the Assassin stated coldly. "You know all too well that I am not a 'caring' person, and it is rare that I do things in consideration for others, but...The people of this land are losing their sanity. Ulfric has become the very people he scorned...He is no better than the Thalmor," Kabal put it in a hushed tone. "I have witnessed these poor sods dragged from their homes in the middle of the night, accused of treason, subject to unspeakable torture, and the rest of us sit by and do nothing," he took a long hit before exhaling like a dragon. "I spoke with an Argonian in Falkreath today, he was visibly upset by the treatment he received by a few close-minded bar patrons or some sort. Anyway, do you know why he was treated this way? because he isn't a Nord, and if you're not a Nord..you're nothing.."

"Enough of my rant though, what do YOU know about all this? Why are you here now of all times?" Kabal questioned somewhat impatiently.

SonOfSkyrim91

"He has a crossbow, short brown hair and a sleeveless top," said the small Imperial woman. "My name is Elizabeth, pleased to meet you. And you are?" She extended a small hand for him to shake. He shook it lightly. "Utadee." His voice came out deep and rough, making sound almost hostile. He hoped she didn't notice. He coughed and cleared his throat, and repeated. "Utadee," his voice much more like normal this time. Then he realized that the Redguard he had spoken to was still standing there.

The Redguard spoke to Utadee once more, saying "Hardly, your people haven't been slaves since the 3rd era. I'm no killer..well at least not without good reason," and although it was a dark comment, it made him feel a lot better. "It's because I'm black, isn't it?" the man joked, making the Argonian crack a smile. "Worry not, I'll leave you in peace," he said, turning to walk away. After a few seconds, he stopped and turned his head back to their group. "Argonian, don't let these people get to you. It will all be over... soon, very soon." His voice was cold and emotionless, and it made the Argonian nervous. Who was this man? Why did he care enough to ask about his problems? "This town gets stranger and stranger," he uttered to himself.

Not long after the Redguard had walked off, Utadee felt a hand on his shoulder. Another man, who seemed to appear out of nowhere, startling Utadee. His hand was gloved, and exactly how big he was was difficult to make out. His race was unidentifiable, his face hidden by a large hood and a face mask. He waited for the man to speak, and when he did at last he sounded annoyed and frustrated. "I moved that woman to the room I rented. I thought better of putting her in her own room, she may be in danger. The room is at the end of the hall, can't miss it." He went to speak, to tell the man that he wasn't allowed in the inn, but he din't get the chance before he walked away in the same direction as the Redguard had taken, sticking to almost the exact same direction as the Redguard man had taken.

He turned back to the rest of the crowd. "Some night, huh?" Elizabeth spoke up, saying "I'll sleep over if you're sure I won't be an inconvenience." He was glad that they had both agreed to stay, it would be first night in months where he didn't have the whole house to himself. "Glad to hear it. I'll lead you there in a moment, there's just something I need to do first. Make sure no one takes my boots." He took of his boots, located Sky's room and moved to the lonely window at the back of the inn. He used his clawed hands and feet to scale the wooden wall, and dropped in through the window. He grabbed a pen and some paper, and scribbled out a note. It read "Sky. Everyone's coming back to mine to spend the night. If you wake up before morning, come and find me. I'll explain everything. You know where it is, Utadee." He left the note on the table at her bedside, and climbed back out through the window. He called out to the group "C'mon then, and don't forget my boots!" He lead the group round the street, and after not too long they arrived. He unlocked the front door, and gestured for everyone to go inside.

Once inside, Utadee rushed to the fire place and lit it. Instantly the house began to warm up. He noticed everyone seemed to be standing awkwardly by the door. "Well, don't be shy, have a seat" he said, gesturing to the large dining table stretching out in front of them. As everyone sat, he said "I take it you could all use a drink, and I'll bring out somethings to eat as well." He left for the kitchen, and brought out two bottles of Argonian Bloodwine, as well as a bottle of standard wine and some mead and ale. He put glasses in front of the pair, and left the drinks in the middle of the table. He bought out a fruit bowl, and some sweetrolls and tarts. "So," he began. "There's a double bed and two single beds upstairs. Anyone have a preference?" The table stayed quiet, as it had done since the pair entered. Utadee began thinking he had failed as a host. "Okay then, we can figure that out later." He stood awkwardly at the head of the table, hoping someone would speak up and start a conversation. So far the only noise in the house was the roar of the fireplace.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Elizabeth enjoyed the Utadee's kind hospitality, it made her feel welcome. At the dining table everyone was awkward, and being the social butterfly she is Elizabeth spoke up. "So how did we all get here?" Elizabeth asked. Elizabeth decided she would share her story first, being the one who asked it. She told the entire story of being locked up in the far reaches of high rock, no interaction with anyone except the dragon. She watched the expressions of everyone, she wasn't sure they believed her. "And me and Daryl found a man out in the woods, and I shouted at him and it pushed him back, physically. It felt amazing. The man was alive, don't worry." Elizabeth smiled, "He said he was an Akaviri resurrected by Akatosh to serve me, the man said I was Dragonborn." The table was silent. Elizabeth didn't even think of how unbelievable her story sounded, "I don't know what the Dragonborn is exactly, but apparently I was born with the soul of a dragon. Isn't that amazing?" Elizabeth asked excitedly. This information was probably not what she should share, but she didn't realise that. "What do you all think?" She finally asked, giving a warm and welcoming smile while waiting for everyone to reply.

SonOfSkyrim91

Utadee had never felt so relieved to hear someone talk. Elizabeth began by asking "So how did we all get here?" He didn't quite understand what she meant, but he didn't get a chance to ask before she began talking. She said that she was locked up in the farthest reaches of High Rock, guarded by a dragon. It sounded like something out of a child's story book. She moved the story on to being rescued by a man named Daryl, but then things got beyond weird. "And me and Daryl found a man in the woods, and I shouted at him and it pushed him back, physically. It felt amazing. The man was alive, don't worry. He said he was an Akaviri resurrected by Akatosh to serve me, the man said I was Dragonborn. I don't even know what the Dragonborn is exactly, but apparently I was born with the soul of a dragon. Isn't that amazing? What do you all think?"

Utadee was stunned. Either she was telling the truth, or she had an incredibly vivid imagination. He grabbed an untouched bottle of Argonian Bloodwine, ripped out the cork with a claw and took a massive gulp. "Well, that sure is an interesting story." He said. "So, who is the mysterious man, sent to guard you? Does he ride a Unicorn?" He felt cruel about teasing her, especially as she was so young and, if her story was to be believed, deprived of contact with the outside world. He wasn't exactly sober either. He definitely wasn't drunk, but he wasn't sober. "Well, you're gonna be sorry you asked me, coz it's one hell of a long and boring story." He paused for a moment, thinking through what he should leave out, and then got ready to begin. "Okay, here goes."

"I had a huge family. I lived in Thorn, it's a city near the border with Morrowind in the north of Black Marsh. I had four brothers and two sisters, as well as sharing the house with my father's sister's family, and they had two daughter and a son. My two oldest brothers, my dad and my two eldest brothers were soldiers. They were all out on service, when there was... an incident. My dad was the only one of the four to come back. My eldest brother and uncle were killed, and my other brother was captured. I never saw him again. I don't even know if he's still alive. My father left the military the next day, but I was different. I was determined to avenge my brother's death. I started training, I got my dad to train me. I learned how to survive on my own, how to use my surroundings to my advantage, how to fight. I joined the military at seventeen. I was an expert in the tactics and strategy, and their execution. I know it sounds selfish, but I wish all of my friends there were as good as me. Every time something went wrong, and one of them couldn't follow through with the plan, I lost them. By the end of my seventh year, all of my closest friends were dead." He felt a tear begin to form in his left eye, but he didn't bother to hold it back. He had nothing to be ashamed of. He originally had twelve friends in the force at the start. When he left, they were all dead. But he didn't want to tell them that. "I quit, after eight years. There was nothing there for me anymore. So I came here. Falkreath. Skyrim. And wherever I went, war seemed to follow. Now here I am, shouted at in the streets and attacked in the streets. And why? Because I'm not human." He took another massive swig of the wine. "So, Pontius? What about you? What's your story?"

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Gidian watched, amused for a moment, as his apprentice groggily woke up, noticed there was someone else in the room, and went for his daggers. Gidian raised his left arm and waved sarcastically, before re crossing his arms. Kabal looked annoyed that Gidian had snuck up on him, but Gidian thought it would be a valuable lesson to him. "Did I make it too easy? or did you just tail me here?" Kabal then yawned, and added, "You probably just want information though, why else would you come to visit?" Gidian raised an eyebrow, and went to reply before being cut off by his former apprentice, who lit a cigaret and continued, "That girl you saved earlier, her name was Sky...she is a messenger for this Rebellion that's brewing." Gidian had already guessed that much. It told him nothing. "Stormcloak blockades prevent the Empire from effectively intervening, and from what I've seen during my travels through the holds for various contracts, they are beginning to question everyone who even seems suspicious in the slightest." Gidian raised his eyebrow again, as was his trademark, and was quite annoyed when he was cut off again. The raised eyebrow turned into a more somber face. Kabal had moved towards the small balcony, to observe a passing carriage, "Gidian I must admit, there is no pleasure in taking the life of someone who is already suffering..." the Assassin stated coldly. "You know all too well that I am not a 'caring' person, and it is rare that I do things in consideration for others, but...The people of this land are losing their sanity. Ulfric has become the very people he scorned...He is no better than the Thalmor," Kabal put it in a hushed tone. "I have witnessed these poor sods dragged from their homes in the middle of the night, accused of treason, subject to unspeakable torture, and the rest of us sit by and do nothing," he took a long hit before exhaling like a dragon. "I spoke with an Argonian in Falkreath today, he was visibly upset by the treatment he received by a few close-minded bar patrons or some sort. Anyway, do you know why he was treated this way? because he isn't a Nord, and if you're not a Nord.. you're nothing.."

Gidian let the silence hang in the air for a few moments. He was only slightly impressed by the moving speech his former apprentice had just given. Of course, he'd be much more impressed if he hadn't interrupted Gidian numerous times. "Enough of my rant though, what do YOU know about all this? Why are you here now of all times?" Kabal questioned, clearly a little impatient. Gidian adopted a rather annoyed expression. He did enjoy that his apprentice had been able to guess what he'd came for, but he did not enjoy being cut off when he was going to speak. It miffed Gidian that he hadn't been able to make his customary sarcastic quips. "Are you done now? Are you sure I can speak?" Gidian asked both seriously and sarcastically at the same time. It was hard to tell which it was, probably both. His former apprentice would know that Gidian explained himself on his own time, precisely when he wanted to, and no amount of asking or pestering was going to change that. So he humoured Gidian, and nodded for him to speak, only a little apologetic. "Hmph. About time too. We should be heading back to Falkreath about now. The rebellion needs its couriers, and we can't have her getting killed by another patrol." Gidian had dodged the question on purpose, but had left a subtle hint that he was here to help the rebellion with the statement he'd just made. If his former apprentice wasn't smart enough to divine an answer from that, then he would never take the boy seriously again. Gidan lowered his legs off the table, uncrossed his arms and put them on the edges of the chair, and stood up, stretching. "So, would you like to take the stairs?" Gidian invited innocently. He knew they were unstable, and they'd break under the redguard's weight. Gidian, however, was already moving towards the balcony. He appeared to jump out of the window and out of sight, but really he was climbing down vigorously, like a giant spider. Once he'd gotten to the bottom, he didn't wait for his former apprentice. He set out for Falkreath at a casual pace, waiting for his apprentice to catch up, and Gidian refused to entertain further conversation once he did.

Until now Pontius had sat iddly by, enjoying the wine and food. He had listened to Elizabeth's story, which to him sounded like a dozen fairly tales shoved into one, and Utadee's story, a tragic story of loss. Elizabeth's tory was hard to believe, and Utadee's was hard to comprehend. As Utadee finished, he urged Pontius to tell his story. "I was born in the Imperial City, my father was a Captain of the Imperial Guard, and my mother was a priestess of Mara in the Temple of the One. My father taught me to use weapons and armor, and my mother taught me healing magic. When I came of age I joined the Imperial Legion as a soldier, but used my skill in Restoration to care for my fellow soldiers. I was stationed in Helgen when the Dragon came. There was fire everywhere, and nothing I could do for those suffering around me. Wounds can be closed, and bones can mend, but what can you do for a person burning alive? I made it out of Helgen with a few other soldiers, some made their way to Solitude to report to General Tullius, some ran for their lives. I walked to Riverwood, the nearest town, where I met a Vigilant of Stendarr, we talked for hours that night, and the next day I traveled with him to the Hall of Vigilants where I enlisted, and since then, I have done my best to root out evil wherever it lurks, and that is what brought me to Falkreath on this strange night." OOC: I know this is different then my original character bio, but I didn't do a very good job the first time so here it is.

SonOfSkyrim91

Utadee listened to Pontius' story. He was of noble background, but he should have realized he was at the graveyard because of his work as a vigilant. "Well Pontius, you have to most normal background out of all of us." He finished the bottle. "And now I think we should really be getting some sleep. It's late, and I need to be up fairly early. Elizabeth, why don't you take the double bed. I prefer the single bed, and I'm sure Pontius wouldn't mind." He looked at Pontius and smiled. "C'mon, follow me." He lead the pair upstairs, and showed them their beds. His head was beginning to hurt, so he said goodnight briefly before tucking in and falling into a light sleep, almost immediately.

TheJtlman

Sky was running around her room, not being able to work up the courage to leave her room. She lit a candle, and she noticed a letter from Utadee. She read the letter, then looked up from the paper.

Sky: Whose we? What did I do when I was out?

She decided not to give it any more thought. She grabbed her things, then walked out to the innkeeper.

Sky: Excuse me ma'am, but, I was wondering if anyone was in my old room, it was room four.

InnK.: The only person was a guard, he was wearing some blue armor of sorts, and he had a shield with the symbol of the High King.

Sky: By chance, did he say where he was going?

InnK: Yes, him and some of his companions said they were going back to camp north of here.

Sky: Okay, thank you miss.

Still trying to fight the alcohol off, she tried to look as mature and professional as she could. She got to the door and ran into it.

InnK.: Pull door.

Sky: Yeah, I know, I was testing you.

She left the inn, and she headed north, but the closer she got out of town, the more she realized that she was not in the best of state to go and fight off Stormcloaks. Not knowing what to do, she decided to wait until later to go and retrieve her letters.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    Kabal raised an eyebrow as Gidian commanded that they return to Falkreath, "What? we are suddenly partners again?" he remarked sarcastically. Sighing, the Redguard strung a rope to the end of an arrow and fired it into the dirt ground below the tower. Kabal quickly climbed down the rope and retrieved the arrow from it's spot, placing back in his quiver. When the Assassin looked to his left, Gidian had already started walking, "Thanks for waiting hoss," Kabal hissed, but the Nord was silent. "Hmph, I suppose you're not looking to make small talk?" he asked, remaining silent for the duration of the short journey.

As the two approached the eerily quiet city, Kabal stopped, "Are you sure this is a good idea? I nearly scared that poor girl out of her wits yesterday..What are the chances of her calling the Guar-" he paused, almost punching himself for being so foolish. "Nevermind..." he mumbled, remembering that this woman was a courier for the treasonous rebellion, if anything, she would be the one hauled away in chains if one decided to alert the authorities. "Huh..where do we go from here?" he questioned, his eyes slit, scanning the early morning darkness for any wandering ears.