• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
So I'm watching my wife play the other night, and she's had a few times with the bow that got her pretty frustrated. It's normally my job to answer her questions, but when I'm stumped I come here. I need some advice on the tricky shots, and I can't seem to find any threads or guides when I seach for them (on this site, anyway.) Is there already a discussion in progress for archers somewhere?

On to my question! When shooting targets from uphill, what kind of aim-compensation do you use? I was watching my wife shoot about 30 iron arrows at a Giant Frostbite Spider somewhere in the Rift, and she just could not hit it. The spider was at the bottom of a fairly steep hill, and it was absolutely untouchable. Is there a range on arrows we need to know about? I was advising her to aim a little highter aim a little lower, get closer, etc. She had to get pretty close to finally nail that thing, which was pretty lame because she was way too close to remain hidden from it... spidery chaos ensued.

Sachin flash

try aiming directly at it because form the top of a slope the arrow is already bending with gravity it may not affect the range but im not suim also an archer always manage to hit my targets ^_^
maybe it was a glitch.
for one thing a crossbow is easy to use because you need to aim alittle bit left to the target

I had the same kind of problem with one of those eagles at Solitude.
I was like, standing there being pro archer, thinking "Imma kill that birdy!"
But no, it didn't happen. The arrow's just... sticked to the bird, and didn't kill it. Very annoying. Wasted some good arrows :sadface:
Don't know what it is

Loxoceles

I don't know if Skyrim cares about basic Balllistics, if they do just remember when shooting uphill or downhill the real distance to the target is the line that would appear if you were on the same level as the target. It's all about gravity. If you are shooting down, you are at the apex of a right triangle and the base is the real distance that gravity works on the arrow. If the target is at the apex of the triangle you still have the base distance for gravity to work on the projectile.
Probably more than you ever wanted to know but it works for me, arrows, or bullets.