OOC Assassin Cult <Recruiting>

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Lifts-Her-Tail

DanielMM

I think the characters should come as a first come first serve bases, but that's just me. But, sense there are so many that have posted and then we haven't heard from in a while that might get confusing.

I had to make up a story that would realistically fit my desire to be an assassin and the fact that I am a huge supporter of the empire. That's why I needed to develop something like that

Zihark2393

Truth Seeker
    I agree with you Akhkharus, it would probably be better if i stay with the main group but i'm willing to play any part that needs to be filled

Akhkharus

I don't think Silencers would fit in this as that would only mean that the Speaker would have a business of his own. I want this Brotherhood to be as close to what a group having hard times would be like, meaning we have to stick together and protect each other's back skin.

Having a silencer is like having an executive assistant which cannot be accommodated considering the state of our business. And besides, all of us will be active anyway, i.e. going out on the field doing contracts - aside from Cicero of course.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    It's not for a business of their own, the silencer can still work with the rest of the guild but when it comes down to it their speaker is the one they're most loyal too. And anything the speaker wants done gets done straight away.

But if there cannot be silencers I understand, I just needed to know for a part of my character card.

How do we join this new guild? Do we start with the DB?

Akhkharus

Just like you said, silencers are loyal to the speaker. Full loyalty to just one man just isn't probable with the state of our group. The group is in a dump, and private pacts isn't what it needs, cooperation is. With the declining state the group has, what better use of having a private guy in your disposal other than wanting to carry out something you alone wish be done.

I'm sorry but Silencers are just a no-no.

Akhkharus

Thank you.

Now to those that I mentioned before that has yet to respond, please do so that I may know who is participating in this.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    I'm concluding the character card with "so he searched for the dark brotherhood..."
    This could mean he found them and joined them, or whatever.

So yeah, very open.

I really don't like this character card. It's so... Stupid. I like how I'll do the character though. This is the worst character card I've ever made, I've made two other character cards and just good lord.

Well here it is, I hope you can follow. I left alot out and that's why it seems so cluttered, I had more but I don't want you guys to know these things so when our characters get to know each other we get to know our characters.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Ugh I wanted to edit the posts to show the character card like I said but the pictures don't show. Also in someone's character card I saw a "Likes, Dislikes, Positive traits and negative traits" if you don't mind I'm doing that too.

Also Daelin if we go along the lines that the emperor was assassinated, can Daud have been the one who did it? I know in your character card you said Kyne did, I'm just asking;) just because in Dishonored the guy i based this off kills the empress, it'd be cool to have had him kill the emperor.

Name: Daud (Pronounced -D-Ow-D)
    Race: Nord
    Sex: Male
    Affiliations: Many people know the tale of Daud, on the waterfront district in the imperial city they still tell ghost stories.

Daud once had influence with the thieves guild in Cyrodil, but not in Skyrim.

Daud has made many, many enemies.

Daud has worked with and against the Thalmor, they see him as a neutral party and would make dealings with him again as they do not know he is the one who has assassinated so many of them.

Appearance: Short brown hair, blue eyes, no facial hair, a noticeable scar running down his left eye- it starts a little above the eyebrow and runs down past his eye and nearly reaching his lip. Daud is not the average Nord build and is instead a slimmer, more agile build.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1370095646.710145.jpg

Gear: Daud wears a custom leather armour, it looks somewhat like it does in the picture above. He has a variety of poisons and an ebony dagger and sword at his disposal.

Personality: Daud is a very calm and collected man, and he takes his contracts very seriously. Outside of his contracts around people he doesn't like he is also serious, and keeps his personal matters and life personal.
    Around a select few he is a witty and sarcastic guy, the people he becomes familiar with he can see he does have emotions. The Daud Viera knows is a very different Daud that anyone else would know, seemingly two entirely different personalities. Daud has good leadership skills and can communicate with others effectively.
    He appears to be very professional to those he deals with in business but to those he is close with it is entirely different. His mothers suicide weighs heavily on Dauds shoulders, he takes full responsibility and blame and cannot forgive himself.

Daud only gets seen by his targets when he wants to be, Daud goes through to his target killing no one but who he is paid to kill. Daud prefers to remain unseen, and when he kills those he wasnt paid to kill he makes sure the place isn't put on high alert.

Likes: Daud likes people who can act professional when needed, and people who can think on their feet. Daud is also fond of rats, he even has a pet rat.

Dislikes: Daud doesn't like people who prefer brute force, he sees it as impatient and stupid.
    Daud doesn't like being uninformed and left out of the loop, and hates a mystery.

Positive traits: Loyal, Charismatic, Professional when needed. Helps those he feels has been wronged by society; ect a war veteran who is forced to beg on the streets

Negative traits: (can't think of any atm)

History: Daud grew up under very strange circumstances. His father beat him and his mother, his little sister too. When Daud was 15 he had dealt with it long enough, his father raped his mother, cut her, she was black and blue constantly. His sister, while remaining untouched sexually, was beaten at least three times a week. They lived in Cyrodil on the waterfront district, his father robbed beggars out of their coin and anyone else who was foolish enough to wander around defenceless. He would sneak onto the ships and steal their goods too, he was quite talented with stealth.

He was not the average, slim thief. He was big brute of a man, he had to move quietly and slowly but due to his big build he found it hard to hide. He'd crack the skulls of anyone who found him, then go home and abuse his family.

Two men came looking for Dauds father one night, but the man was out. They snuck in and over to Dauds sister, Viera, Daud was awake and he heard their plans. To kill his fathers kids for what he had done to theirs, Daud will never forget the look of shock and horror on his sisters face when the two men fell down dead.

His father came home and Daud got into a rough argument with his father, Daud was very angry that his fathers lifestyle had brought more harm to his family than the man had himself. Dauds father threw him out of the house, and threatened if he ever came back to the Imperial city he would kill him.

But Daud never left the city, he slept on many rooftops and in countless alleyways, he robbed people blind without them knowing about it, he would sneak onto the roof of his old home and listen to what happened in there. He met up with and spoke to his sister, never his mother.

One night Daud heard a bloodcurdling scream from an alleyway, he ran to see a woman being robbed by an armed man. Daud stepped out of the shadows and slit the mans throat, the woman cried out and called for the guards. What a way to say thank you.

Daud knew he had a talent for killing, he was stealthy and yet he felt he was lacking something. He took his sister and mother away from his father one night, they travelled to high rock where Daud studied magic while looking after his mother and sister, he was only 19. Daud couldn't bear to see his family die and his mother was ageing, his sister was 15. Daud had become infected with vampirism, and bestowed the curse upon his family. Viera became a master in conjuration and illusion, she killed for money but limited her targets to the bad men and women.

Dauds mother hated vampirism, she killed herself when Daud was 25

Daud also became an independent assassin, killing anyone he was paid to kill. People believed he could teleport short distances, others believed he simply went invisible and appeared visible somewhere else. No one knows the truth but Daud, even his sister believes the rumour.

As the years went by and the bodies fell Daud and Viera travelled around Tamriel, they had been everywhere. They eventually settled in Skyrim, 20 years later. Daud was looking for a cure to vampirism, 10 years later he was cured in Mortal, his sister wanted no part of it.

By the time Daud was cured it had been 30 years, Daud still looked like he was 19. Daud had grown tired of killing someone for some rich noble only to be paid to kill him the following year, in revenge.

(The person he had hired Daud to kill had family or friends and they were taking revenge and sending his own assassin back, or they didn't know it was Daud and only that it had been that nobleman who hired the assassin)

Dauds sister moved back to the imperial city in search of her father, Daud hasn't seen her in a while. Daud goes by the age he is without adding the vampire years, he tries to keep the fact that he was once a vampire away from discussion as he hates talking about it. Daud is now "24"( he's been around a lot longer, it's just the age Daud claims he is).

So he searched for The Dark Brotherhood..

Akhkharus

Daelin
    Please remove the unique and other faction specific gear your character has aside from the Brotherhood apparel set, i.e. Nightingale set, Blade of Woe, Forsworn (seriously, how much gear can your character carry?)

Alysa
    Same as above, the Nightingale set has to go, and an all-ebony armory is a tad OP for me. Realistically in-game, you don't see a bunch of people that could own a piece of ebony gear let alone three, which could only mean that you either have a buttload of septims in your pocket, or you could expertly smith one. At the age your character is in and with the skill she has, smithing is obviously a not, and I don't think she could save that much coin with her profession.

Fevershaking
    Your character is the optimal one in my taste; a simple assassin that only carries what he needs and is not an all-knowing, all-powerful dude that can do everything. Props for you.

Zihark
    At least this character explained how he got his highly expensive gear, except for the enchanted baubles. Either you exchange one of your skills for an Enchanting one, or drop one enchanted gear.

Daryl
    This one excels as well, much like Fevershaking's; only has and knows what is necessary and what is believable.

I'm sorry for being tight and meticulous with the descriptions of your characters (and probably restricting your creative space), think of it as this: our characters aren't the main ones in the game, we are just a little above ordinary NPCs. So the things we know, what we can do, what we have are just what a character between a regular NPC and a main game hero has.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Again, I'm sure you've all past it but spoilers for the dark brotherhood in Skyrim and Oblivion follow.

Nice. Are we going to follow the dark brotherhood quest line whilst adding more?
    If we do, we should have each person play a different part in it the emperors assassination instead of just one person like in the game.

(One kills the cousin, one finds the gormet, one poisons the fake emperor and one gives the killing blow and kills the emperor)

Just a suggestion, if we even do it. And may Daud be the one to kill the emperor? (If it happens)

I always feel so bad after killing the Emperor because he is polite. Also in oblivion after doing the purification and Lucien Lachance dying I can't stand playing anymore, it's so depressing!

Sorry to bombard you with questions but what rank will Daud be, in terms of authority and influence?

Zihark2393

Truth Seeker
    Ok, if you click the link in my sig you'll see the same cc but without the enchanted jewelry. Thanks for the input

Timelord_Daelin

High Queen of the Nerds! :3
    Fixed my cc.

Akhkharus

Daryl, yes sir we are. Think of this as a Skyrim Brotherhood storyline the way we like it. I always felt the quests to be bland so aside from doing the original ones, we be adding some more and perhaps alter a few original ones.

EDIT: With regards to having each one of us doing something individually, I have to think about it because if that would be the case, some contracts would happen simultaneously and would get out of hand, and if not then more than one person would be idle until the certain contract is finished.

Here is where your own input comes in, I want each of you guys to PM me and think of at least one guy to assassinate. Any person in-game regardless of the character being essential or not, from the Jarl to a low-life pickpocket in an alley. Put up a back story of course so that it won't be just a mindless kill because we got bored.

I have dibs on Nazeem. I hate that mo-fo so much I created an evil back story for him so the kill is "justified" <insert evil laugh> .

Daelin and Zihark, thank you for that, much better now.

Take your time, Lovers, we're waiting on Alysa and Fevershaking to respond anyway.