• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Are you interested in joining 'Alduin Unleashed'?

• Total voters

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    ALDUIN UNLEASHED LORE:

Long ago during the Merethic Era, The Nord king Ysgramor fled hostile Atmora and docked his vessel at Hsaarik Head in northern Skyrim. After being forced back, he returned with the legendary five hundred companions. With the strength of his warriors he secured a residential place in Skyrim and a metaphorical place in the history of Skyrim. As his bloodline decendants became more at one with Skyrim, it's mysteries and phenomena became more at once with his bloodline decendants.

Eventualy, his son had a son named Ysgramor - named in his late grandfathers memory. He was observed to be far more powerful than most children, until at age five he used the thu'um to blow a bottle of meade from a shelf. After prising the alchohol from the child, he was known to be Dragonborn. The bloodline was now once again at the heart of Skyrimic history.

Ysgramor grew up and married a beautiful Nord called Ysolda White-Wing and took on his wifes last name. Roughly a year after, Ysgramor White-Wing was exploring an ancient ruin, just reaching the summit when Nakriin appears before him in an impenetrable ball of magicka. Nahkriin binds Ysgramor to the spot and uses his powerful staff to unlock the portal for Alduin the World-eater, who immediately flies through the swirling abyss and over Ysgramors head. He is unbound as Nakriin disappears from sight, whilst Alduin lowers himself to hover out of Ysgramors reach.

After a valiant battle, Ysgramor knows he cannot win. He was not ready for Alduin yet as his Dovahkiin powers aren’t fully mature. He barely knows any dragon shouts, but one that he does know is the self-expulsion shout. A shout lost to the ancient snows of Skyrim, one that destroys body and soul in a great explosion of power, incinerating every biological being around him.

“MULAAG TOOR AL!” (Power, Inferno, Destroyer) cries Ysgramor at his knee. His very existence is torn apart with an unbelievable force that throws Alduin to the sky in a smouldering sphere of flames and burns the very stone around him to evaporation, creating a crater that can still be observed today, behind the staff stand of Nahkriin. Alduin cannot be destroyed yet, not by such an unready opponent. And neither can the soul of the Dragonborn. It was ripped into pieces and sent flying across Skyrim to be absorbed by a worthy soul who comes into contact with it. The remains on Ysgramor White-Wing live on in the souls of the few Brovahkiin heroes, united to defeat Alduin once and for all. Only united can the soul of the Dovahkiin prevail.

(Try and spot the references to real things in Skyrim)

*STICKIED*

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    ALDUIN LORE:
    Alduin, or the World-Eater as he is known to the residents of Skyrim, is an immensely powerful dragon. He is depicted as a malevolent force who destroys the world periodically, and the Nords believe that his reappearance heralds the end of time. He is the First-Born of Akatosh, elder brother of Paarthurnax, and self-proclaimed aspect of Akatosh.
    According to Paarthurnax, Alduin was once considered the greatest of Akatosh's creations, but he grew proud and chose to forsake his proper role as World-Eater in favor of conquering Mundus for himself and his fellow dragons. Though he was banished during the ancient Dragon War through the use of an Elder Scroll, Alduin's return to Nirn coincided with the appearance of the Dovahkiin. His name can be separated into "Al Du In", which means "Destroyer Devour Master". - UESP Wiki

Main quest context (SPOILER):

Once you have defeated Alduin for the first time at the top of the throat of the world (while Paarthurnax stares at you helplessly), you will be sent to Sovngarde. Yes, Sovngarde the Nordic heaven. Here you will see Alduin flapping around out of reach until you go to the Hall of Valor. If you look around for notable people you can find both Ulfric Stormcloak and High King Torygg... awkward. Then you can destroy Alduin for good with the help of three ancient heroes. If you find Ysgramor in the hall of valor, however, he doesn't know about his grandson being dragonborn because he's dead BTW.

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    Alduin Unleashed seems to have been deleted, but I still have the initial story post. I'm still involved in the Will of Sithis RP, so you can join that if you like. It had similar rules to Alduin Unleashed to it won't be too different. Are you a member of the Dark Brotherhood?

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    I can restore it I was waiting til you had members

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    Okay, I'll make a character card thread. Then when three other people have signed up could you restore it? kthnx :)

i posted my card to AU card thread if its ok, i think for first major quest, a dwemer ruin run through would be awesome and you could blend it into a second quest about vamps, say we found evidence of a large coven using dwemer ruins(at the end of our first) as cattle storage, or something like, that? just an idea. hope to start soon.

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    I like that idea, a mysterious powerful figure dwelling in the ruin has lair with clues as to where we can go kill a coven of vampires... maybe they're a vampire too? BTW To stop godding, we're all pretty much demi-gods because we all have a bit of Dovahkiin soul, so you can choose a special power trait about yourself. But I don't mean weapons and armour, we all need to start with reasonably low-level equipment. For example, my power trait is my crystal eye that allows me to see in the dark and through magic barriers.

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    Okay, narzvhog you can start on the Alduin Unleashed thread. There's already a beginning though at the bannered mare inn so if you could somehow end up in Whiterun that'd be useful.

Shew

I have seriously considered adding a new rule to the overall allowing people to only partisipate in one thread at a time.
    I haven't because it hasn't been a obvious problem, and We wanted to allow people to play freely.

That said I have noticed people jumping ship from threads because they are dedicating their time in other threads after joining several threads, or being distracted and unsure of their position cause they can't remember what their character was doing.

I want every RP member to go to the Rules discussion for the overall RP area and voice their opinion on whether a rule is needed to limit players to one thread.

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    I'm only in Alduin Unleashed now, if this problem arose because of me. I think it's better to limit the number of roleplays someone's in so they don't get lost :L but I doubt anyone is in enough roleplays to get that confused.

Shew

No Astro, it was not because of you.

astro ive been out the loop for awhile, moving and juggling two jobs but im getting internet at my new place soon and will be able to join up if u could give me an up-2-date id appreciate it.
    and P-Shew if its me i was only going to be in AU and something with Rizen, only the two.

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    To Narzvhog
    Ravenna has pulled out I think, because she's deleted her additions to the story thread (so her character is disposable now I'll say when she dies/leaves unless she comes back).
    There's Count Astros (me), Daenin Rheium (you), Brenlya half-moon (a female nord assassin) but Skald Wolfkiin (a male nord warrior/ranger) and Kirak (a male imperial assassin) have yet to contribute. So now there's five of us and we've almost arrived at Alftand - the dwemer ruin above blackreach.

i read the posts in the RP section and im confused as to whats even taking place currently. is the group in Alftand already? if so...i was going to suggest finding my charc in a cage to be used as cattle, but since tht more or less has been used... u guys decide if u want to find me, first; upon finding the head vamp and begining to engage, from the shadows i dispose of him with my bow and further explain tht i had been hunting him for the murder of a past companion, and so forth reveal my ability to use thu'um -or, second; same tht i was hunting him, but instead when confronting him alone he seized controll of my mind magically, and thus when u guys show up to kill him u first are confronted with me and learn i use Unrelenting-force or whirlwind-sprint modified to carry my arrows and deadly speeds, and so forth subdue me and slay the head vamp releasing me.

it doesnt have to be either, im just looking for a good and recognizable place to jump in without interupting the flow of the story, eventhough im not really sure what is happening currently or how u guys are posting to keep a flow.

srry not trying to sound rude just excited to start

AstroSteve

Dovahking
    Vampire mind-control? Sounds fun :L

BTW I have an interesting twist for this Volkihar master vampire to keep things fresh, so don't give too much away about him in your part - it might contradict it.

sorry haven't been online in a while. Having issues trying to get internet at my own place. I will continue the story. When I'm at work I can get on emails. Can I get your email address, so I can get story plots to you so you can type them up for me when I'm not on. If so just put it in our conversation.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts