OOC Brothers in the dark

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    BROTHERS IN THE DARK

"By the Nine, what is that?" Guards on the top parapets of Solitude gathered to the shout from near the battlements overlooking the bay leading into the port. Together they witnessed a series of large fireballs consume the docks below them. Guards and Penitus Oculatus agents alike were left to burn slowly as the fireballs struck Solitude's walls and nearby guard towers while, out of the darkness three hooded shadows were seen disappearing into the icy water beneath the Katariah.

In the early morning pre dawn light citizens from across Solitude awoke to the news that the Emperor had been killed. By midday riders started reaching the other Hold capitals, with Penitus Oculatus troops in each city being activated. Within a day there was no apparent clue that wasn’t followed, in the search for a perpetrator of this crime informants were interrogated, bribes were sent to all possible connections through diplomatic channels. Within the following day news broke from Whiterun, one of the Imperial Council had turned up dead in the Bannered Mare Inn his personal guard all slaughtered, no witnesses could be located even though the Inn was always busy no matter the time. The only clue that could direct any further was a note affixed to the head of the council member a knife embedding it onto the skull of the dead man.

The note showed a blackened hand print and underneath read the legend “To Sithis, from the Emperor”. Finally the Penitus Oculatus had a target, the Dark Brotherhood where involved, exposing paperwork found in the chest of the dead council member showed masses of paperwork detailing the assassination planned and the executed by the brotherhood.

A few days later information was garnered via high level bribes through the Thieves Guild the location of two Dark Brotherhood sanctuaries were revealed within Dawnstar and Falkreath limits. Both were assaulted and both found to be completely abandoned.

It is now a week later no sign of the Dark Brotherhood has been found; Black Sacrament ceremonies both genuine and false go unanswered. It is as if they never existed, yet they are out there the Dark Brotherhood must be made to answer for their crime.

News starts to spread that Elisif the Fair the newly crowned High Queen of Skyrim plans to make an announcement in Solitude in the coming days, rumours of great reward pass to all the taverns in Skyrim and beyond.

Rules

1. No godding (outrageously over powered characters), no killing forum members characters (unless expressly agreed upon by all players involved), or saying so and so robs store of all goods, ruining the experience of other people. No being a Dragonborn either, in public neutral threads in the story of Skyrim they are very rare, thus it would be un-fair to have one person be a Dragonborn and be able to use Shouts so easily

2.All posts should be relevant to the RP, except for stuff in Out of Character comments <example> OOC: I need to go to sleep now, my character will just go along with whatever you guys decide. Every Story should set up a separate OOC thread for comments for non-partisipants and larger story discussion

3. The RP thread will be monitored by Minstrel, Dunklunk and Start Dale who will also solve any disputes or arguments. Just because I (Minstrel) have set up the thread does not mean I am the leader, all three of us are co-leaders so feel free to ask any of us any questions.

4. You may make NPCs if the situation arises. Ex.

Innkeeper: Welcome to the Winking Skeever, what would you like to drink?

Hero: Some mead would be nice, please.

Innkeeper: Great, that'll be 4 septims

5. Profanity is allowed

6. Have Fun!
    Please post your character cards here, sticking to the regular format or something similar. We are hoping to have about six member, possibly more. Me and the other two leaders will look through all of the character cards and see who's we think are best.

We really want to make this a meaningful RP so no one line posts please. :D When we put up the private thread, the leaders will post their opening sections. Don't worry, not all of yours need to be that long but it would be good if your first one could be a bit lengthy.
    Good luck! ;) ..

-------------------------
    CAST
    Minstrel - Circe
    Dunklunk - Doonkur
    Ovalteenies - Wostrun
    OriginOfAbsolution - Zali
    ... to be finished ...​

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Name: Circe

Race: Imperial-Vampire

Appearance: relatively short with black hair, red or hazel eyes, attractive. (see my sig for a better idea)

Personality: Circe is quite a mysterious woman to anyone who sees her without actually engaging in conversation. When she talks to people in public areas she will tone down her real personality and hide the fact that she is a vampire, but when she is with people on her own she will show her real colour a bit more. She is quite patronizing and intimidates most people.

Skills: Circe has no real skills. She can wield any weapon to a fair extent but has failed at mastering them despite her natural ability due to being a vampire. She is good with daggers and uses them often. Mostly though, she prefers to use her hands to break necks and crack skulls.

Rough back story: Circe was born to a loving family family in Cyrodil, her father would work as a Blacksmith and her mother would stay at home to look after her. She was popular around the small town they lived in, she was a sweet and kind little girl who brought a smile to everyone's face. Every day Circe and her mother would travel into the forest and sit on Circe's favorite hill and eat the apples from the trees. One day though, when she was 4 years old she became extremely ill. Her mother and father were devastated as were the village when she died just days later. They had her buried on top of a hill in the forest with a ceremony accommodating for the whole village. Her mother and father never did quite recover from the loss.

A few days after the funeral though, in the black of night, an Argonian necromancer stole her body and experimented on brining it back to life. After days of experiments he finally found that a potion he made, consisting of vampire blood and other herbs brought her back to life. She was brought up by this mage and lived with him in the his cavern underground. She was a vampire, the necromancer realised soon enough. He helped her feed, bringing her dead bodies to drink from, she never questioned where from.

Eventually though, she wanted to go outside. She asked her 'father' if she could and he said no. She got angry, more angry than she had ever been and beat the Argonian until he died. Then, she left. Taking nothing but the clothes on her back with her.

She grew up alone in the wilderness of a land called Skyrim, a place she had fled to. Meeting many people who didn't question her young appearance. She met monks who taught her the art of meditation and finally, one man taught her to age. After days of intensive meditation she began to age. She stayed with these monks until one day she stopped ageing, she had the body of a 20 year old woman. The monks told her that "her time had come." they told her to leave and explore the world, and she did. Now, fifty years later she has never aged again.

Now the seventy year old vampire wonders from place to place, exploring the word, sometimes reeking havoc, sometimes helping people who need it.

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
    Link to my character card: Donmjark

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
    Name: Doonkur
    Race: Khajiit
    Class: Assassin, thief
    Skills: Archery, pickpocket, lockpicking, speech, stealth

Physical description: Doonkur is a slim 6'3", 190 pounds. What he lacks in heft, he more than makes up for it in speed. Even after being caught several times while attempting a pick pocket or trying to pick a lock, he always manages to escape. He knows and is very thankful of his renowned Khajiit night vision and claws. The latter has saved his hide numerous times, assisting him in scaling walls that no human could ever hope to scale. The former, as one would imagine, has showed him many ways out of dire situations, whether it's evading guards or victims of his thievery.

Back story: I never knew my parents. Not even a sliver of information on either of them, and Talos knows I've searched high and low for any crumbs of their existence. I don't know if they're still alive or not. My earliest memory is of being a member of Ri'Saad's caravan. I always had the sense of family with them, and the travelling offered many experiences and new sights to see. I had always assumed he and Khayla were my parents. Until the day Khayla and I went for a walk, and she told me the truth. I think I was 10 years old. I don't really remember my age at the time because my world seemed to spiral out of control after hearing the news. What I thought I knew turned out to be false. She said I was more than welcome to stay with the caravan for as long as I wanted, even becoming a life member if I so chose. At 10 years old, I didn't have much choice, but I was still grateful for the offer and I mentioned this to both of them.

As I got older, she started to train me in ways to be stealthy. I had no idea there were so many facets of being sneaky without getting caught. I absorbed everything she taught me. Everything. Every now and then, we would cross paths with the other caravans. Ahkari led one of them, while Ma'dran was the leader of the other. When she felt I was old enough, Khayla began to encourage me to travel with the others, as she felt I still had a lot to learn.

Ahkari himself taught me how to successfully pick someone's pocket without being caught. After all, what's the sense of picking a pocket and not getting away with it? He always said that, which is why I still remember it to this day. Well, that and the fact it made perfect sense. Dro'marash schooled me in the ways of speech. Everyone can speak, but it's how you say something that could turn the tide in your favor. I spent four years with them. Four wonderful years of travelling the Dawnstar to Riften route, learning all I could.

At 21 years old, I joined Ma'dran's caravan, again at the urging of both Ahkari and Dro'marash. "Urging" is probably not the proper word for this situation, as I had no objections for a chance to learn more from the members of Ma'dran's caravan. Picking locks was my next subject to master, and Ma'jhad was my teacher. Four more years passed and looking back, it all seems like a blur.
    I eventually rejoined Ri'saad's caravan, staying with them for another year. They were the closest I could ever hope to get for a real family. After all, they provided me with my earliest memories of childhood. I departed amicably, with Khayla constantly reminding me that I was always welcome back. During my time alone on the road, I fulfilled numerous contracts for the Dark Brotherhood as well the Thieves Guild in Riften. This enabled me to put into practice all I had learned from my highly skilled teachers.

Having just turned 30 years old, I feel like a lost, wandering soul. I'd never felt that way with any of the caravans. Ever. The search for my parents, or any clues about them, continues. I sometimes wonder if they'd be proud or scornful of the path my life has taken. Or rather, the path I've chosen.

OriginOfAbsolution

The very model of a scientist Salarian
    Uh-oh... I'm afraid my character may be too similar to dunk's, but I'll post her anyway hahaha. If she is, no worries, just let me know and I won't be offended. :)

Name: Zali
    Race:Khajiit
    Class:Archer/Thief (occasional Assassin)

Appearance: Zali stands slightly taller than most female Khajiit of her age, but is otherwise of average build. Her fur is orange-brown with deep brown “tiger”-like markings, the same color as the short mop of hair on her head. She has large, almond-shaped eyes that are a bright, crystalline blue. Zali also has a small diagonal scar slashed along the bridge of her nose.

693w4z.jpg

Personality: Fiercely independent and strong-willed, Zali is slow to trust anyone, and is often suspicious of the kindness of others. She can sometimes come across as terse and cold. Underneath her somewhat tough exterior, however, lies the heart of a caring and loyal individual. Though she has killed, she has never personally taken the life of a true innocent or civilian (though she has been forced to stand by and watch as others have).

Bio: She was born into a fairly wealthy family in Elsweyr who owned a small moon sugar plantation. Zali had a happy, normal childhood with two very loving parents. When she was very young, however, tragedy struck. Late one night, a band of Skooma dealers raided her family's land, stealing all of their moon sugar and murdering her parents. When they tried to kill Zali, she fought back fiercely, clawing and biting desperately at her attackers and receiving a nasty gash across her nose that would scar her face for the rest of her life. The young girl’s tenacity greatly amused their leader, and he quickly called off the attack. For reasons she never quite understood, the man decided to spare Zali’s life and take her with them. (Zali never learned that the reason Ri'Chakat spared her life was that her fierce spirit and big blue eyes reminded him of the little sister he had left behind years before when he left his home.)

Zali grew up for the next several years living with the Skooma dealers, terrified of her captors at first, but gradually coming to know and understand them, particularly their leader, Ri’Chakat. Still, she secretly awaited the day when she had earned enough of their trust that she would have the chance to get her revenge.

As the years passed, she began slowly losing herself in this new life, learning from Ri’Chakat the art of stealth, thievery, and even killing, when it was 'necessary'. At first, Zali was disgusted with herself at embracing this life of crime and lawlessness, but to her surprise, she found herself learning to love it.

Then finally, when she was 20 years old, her chance for escape finally came. Most of the other bandits had left camp for a nighttime raid and, for the first time Zali could remember, their leader didn't go with them. He had fallen ill and had retired to his tent, leaving the camp almost entirely deserted. As he slept, Zali (who, after so many years, the Khajiit leader now regarded as one of his closest allies and friends) slipped into his tent and was prepared to finally get her revenge for the family and life he had stolen from her. But when her dagger was at his throat, she found she could not take his life -- somehow, she'd truly come to care for this horrible man, and the realization sickened her. But it also made her certain that she could not stay any longer. He had turned her into something she’d once feared and despised. It was too much to take. Too confusing, too painful.

So instead, she stole as much gold and as many supplies as she could carry from their camp, destroyed their Skooma supply, and fled. Perhaps not the punishment Ri’Chakat deserved, but a punishment nonetheless -- and one she knew he would never forgive her for.

Fearing his wrath, Zali left Elsweyr as soon as she could, eventually heading north and crossing through Cyrodiil into Skyrim, with no plan and no direction, other than to simply leave her past behind her. Try as she might to fight it, Zali still misses her old friend and mentor, and has not yet abandoned her life of stealth and thievery. She lives in constant fear (and yet, some days, hope) of the day Ri'Chakat finally catches up with her, and she is forced to come face-to-face with the man she betrayed.

Skills:Stealth/Sneaking, Archery. Zali is also a gifted liar and can hide her emotions well.

Weaknesses: Sword-to-Sword combat, magic.

Gear: For weaponry, Zali has a hunting bow that once belonged to her biological father and an orcish dagger that was a gift from Ri'Chakat. She wears simple Hide boots and armor, and a worn leather hood when the weather gets too cold.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
    ^^^No worries, Origin. I think a pair of Khajiits can get along, don't you? No one said we can only have one from each race. Besides, you come highly recommended from Minstrel. So yeah, um, so there. :D

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    I'm just waiting for this thread to be moved into 'OOC' instead of 'Open' by one of the moderators I know from another RP. I didn't mean to put it in 'Open' Sadly there doesn't seem to be a great deal of interest, we'll see how it goes. I'm waiting to see if another person I know on here wants to join as well.

Start Dale

:sadface: For shame... C'mon folks, lets kill some assasains :D !

Start Dale

I hope its not because I put it under the wrong prefix :sadface:

Sure it isn't, however once it is in the new Prefix that will be it sorted sure :D

Star Gazer

Hi! Can I join? My time with the forums has come to a screeching halt, but I still want to get some good posts in when I can. I think my character would go well with this story-line because it involves Elisif the Fair, which my character used to work for in the High-King's Court. For those who don't know, he's a jester. Here's his card.
    Name: The Jester
    Race: Imperial, but that's hard to tell under all of his make-up
    Equipment: Jester's clothes, an ebony dagger that has been painted light blue, many bells across his tunic and hat, and a set of needles, which he uses as a means of offense if the target is out of his dagger's reach. If all else fails, he will turn to his last resort, invisibility.
    Personality: Usually rhymes in intense situations to lighten the mood. The Jester should not be trusted. Trust him and you may find a multi-colored dagger in your back.
    Bio: An expert with knives and a master illusionist. The Jester used to work in the High-King's Court many years ago, but after the murder of High-King Torygg, The Jester has looked into a new... line of work, so to say. Although he has many sneaky tactics and is usually mistaken for a member of the Dark Brotherhood, he looks down on assassins as if they are lower in the food chain than worms are. He feels that they barely have a reason to kill, but he has a reason to kill them. In The Jester's mind, Elisif the Fair should be crowned High-Queen of Skyrim, and he will slice through anyone who gets in her way.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Hi! Can I join? My time with the forums has come to a screeching halt, but I still want to get some good posts in when I can. I think my character would go well with this story-line because it involves Elisif the Fair, which my character used to work for in the High-King's Court. For those who don't know, he's a jester. Here's his card.
    Name: The Jester
    Race: Imperial, but that's hard to tell under all of his make-up
    Equipment: Jester's clothes, an ebony dagger that has been painted light blue, many bells across his tunic and hat, and a set of needles, which he uses as a means of offense if the target is out of his dagger's reach. If all else fails, he will turn to his last resort, invisibility.
    Personality: Usually rhymes in intense situations to lighten the mood. The Jester should not be trusted. Trust him and you may find a multi-colored dagger in your back.
    Bio: An expert with knives and a master illusionist. The Jester used to work in the High-King's Court many years ago, but after the murder of High-King Torygg, The Jester has looked into a new... line of work, so to say. Although he has many sneaky tactics and is usually mistaken for a member of the Dark Brotherhood, he looks down on assassins as if they are lower in the food chain than worms are. He feels that they barely have a reason to kill, but he has a reason to kill them. In The Jester's mind, Elisif the Fair should be crowned High-Queen of Skyrim, and he will slice through anyone who gets in her way.

I agree, your character would fit into this RP nicely. This RP is based around killing all of the Dark Brotherhood members so your characters motives fit nicely as well. I will discuss you joining the the RP with the other two leaders, I am pretty sure it will be a yes. ;)

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Also, Lucas, how often will you be able to post? You don't need to post every day or anything but at least 3-4 times a week would be good. To be honest, as long as you can stay dedicated to the RP I'm sure it will be fine.

Star Gazer

Yes, I will be able to post, but it will usually be in the evening/night. I'll try to keep active with this one.

.ol0w0lo.

♫♂GIBBERISH MAN♂♫
    'Ello, all. This seems like a pretty good story, and I'd love to get in on the action, if you'll have me. Here's my card.

Race: Imperial

Appearance: 5'4", Long brown hair, Grey eyes, dressed in the armor of the Penitus Oculatus.

Personality: Adelaisa is a no-nonsense warrior. She can be quite rude, though it is often unintentional. Her emotions often outweigh her judgement, which often leads to unnecessary conflict. Not one for jokes, her speech is often very straight forward, and nothing she says is up for interpretation.

Skills: Adelaisa has been expertly trained in the art of the sword and shield by the Penitus Oculatus. While she lacks skills with a bow, she has a small understanding of the use of magic, and is capable of casting the simplest of restoration spells. This makes her a hard opponent to defeat.

Weaknesses/ Flaws: Strongly emotional, unwilling to compromise.

Background: Adelaisa was born as the illegitimate daughter of one of the emperor's many advisors. Though she was a well kept secret for much of her adolescence, her father loved her dearly, often making brief visits to her and her mother. She grew up in the Imperial City, and through her father, grew to love the emperor. When she came of age, she decided to serve her emperor, as her dear father did, and enlisted in the Imperial Legion. For years she fought for the empire, and eventually, her prowess in battle was recognized by the Penitus Oculatus. She served as part of the emperor's personal security. When the emperor was to travel to Skyrim for the funeral of his cousin, Adelaisa was forced to stay behind. Her father, who would accompany the emperor on his voyage, assured her that the emperor would be safe, and that all would be well. Days later she received news of Mede's death, and the sinking of his ship. Her father's body was found nearby, badly burnt by the flames of Solitude. On that day, Adelaisa set out for Skyrim, swearing revenge on those who took her emperor and father away from her. In Bruma, near the border, she heard rumors that it had been the Dark Brotherhood that had killed the emperor. She had a target.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    'Ello, all. This seems like a pretty good story, and I'd love to get in on the action, if you'll have me. Here's my card.

Race: Imperial

Appearance: 5'4", Long brown hair, Grey eyes, dressed in the armor of the Penitus Oculatus.

Personality: Adelaisa is a no-nonsense warrior. She can be quite rude, though it is often unintentional. Her emotions often outweigh her judgement, which often leads to unnecessary conflict. Not one for jokes, her speech is often very straight forward, and nothing she says is up for interpretation.

Skills: Adelaisa has been expertly trained in the art of the sword and shield by the Penitus Oculatus. While she lacks skills with a bow, she has a small understanding of the use of magic, and is capable of casting the simplest of restoration spells. This makes her a hard opponent to defeat.

Weaknesses/ Flaws: Strongly emotional, unwilling to compromise.

Background: Adelaisa was born as the illegitimate daughter of one of the emperor's many advisors. Though she was a well kept secret for much of her adolescence, her father loved her dearly, often making brief visits to her and her mother. She grew up in the Imperial City, and through her father, grew to love the emperor. When she came of age, she decided to serve her emperor, as her dear father did, and enlisted in the Imperial Legion. For years she fought for the empire, and eventually, her prowess in battle was recognized by the Penitus Oculatus. She served as part of the emperor's personal security. When the emperor was to travel to Skyrim for the funeral of his cousin, Adelaisa was forced to stay behind. Her father, who would accompany the emperor on his voyage, assured her that the emperor would be safe, and that all would be well. Days later she received news of Mede's death, and the sinking of his ship. Her father's body was found in the wreckage of the sunken ship. On that day, Adelaisa set out for Skyrim, swearing revenge on those who took her emperor and father away from her. In Bruma, near the border, she heard rumors that it had been the Dark Brotherhood that had killed the emperor. She had a target.
    All seems good to me. Just wait to see what the other two have to say and go from there. :)

The only problem I could find is the sinking ship in your background. It is not your fault at all but there has been some misunderstanding between the leaders and we are not sure if we are going to say the emperor died because the ship sank or because he was killed on board. If we end up going with the second you might have to edit your background slightly. Maybe your father was just killed by an assassin or he died in another ship that was destroyed. I hope that is OK with you. :)

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    Name:Axina Luxoa

Race: Breton

appearance: Has wavy shoulder length light red hair, wears the standard dark brotherhood robes pale skin

personality: Axina loves to get reactions out of people. When setting up a contract, she will usually,acts emotionless and a little creepy. In reality, she is hyper, curious, and just a little sadistic

skills: She is very stealthy, and has mastered a single invisibility spell.She usually uses her scythe, known as the thorn. She is able to channel magicka into the thorn and send a slash of energy at her foes

Rough bio: Axina life was simple, she was raised in Elswyr by a khajiit family. when the khajiit caravans headed to Skyrim, she came along too. While there, she got separated and was attacked by bandits, which she massacred. Among them, was a target for a assassination contract. A dark brotherhood member found her, and the rest is history

Start Dale

All seems good to me. Just wait to see what the other two have to say and go from there. :)

The only problem I could find is the sinking ship in your background. It is not your fault at all but there has been some misunderstanding between the leaders and we are not sure if we are going to say the emperor died because the ship sank or because he was killed on board. If we end up going with the second you might have to edit your background slightly. Maybe your father was just killed by an assassin or he died in another ship that was destroyed. I hope that is OK with you. :)

I like her character, we can always have her father die someother way on the vessel for that personal touch i think it would play well against my laconic merc.