Can anyone recommend me a decent treadmill?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Ever since I've started playing Skyrim I notice that I've packing on some fluff on my stomach area. I need to find myself a good quality treadmill. I would go to a gym, but I have that germ phobia condition, not severe thought. I've been wanting to cancel my membership for some time now.

Whats a good quality treadmill that I should be looking for? Less than 1K would be good.

snafu

if you're gonna get a treadmill, save yourself the trouble of finding the space for it and just give the money to me so i can do something useful with it, especially if you decide to go with name-brand something like those useless bowflex treadmills that run you 3k.

you wanna burn some fat? you wanna do it on the cheap and 10x faster than you will running on a tradmill 24/7? here's what you do:

1. gym membership to a gym with a barbell, lots of plates, and at least 2 squat racks. dumbbell's up to 150 preferably.

2. run a simple beginners routine mon, wed, fri while you rotate between workout a and b.
workout a: squat 5x5, bench 5x5, deadlift 1x5.
workout b: squat 5x5, shoulder press 5x5, row 5x5.

all of the above done with a barbell.

3. run at the track tues, thurs, sat for 3mi. find a track at your local high school.

do the above and i guarantee you'll be a different person next year. the junk you eat will feed the muscle (just make sure you eat enough meat), muscle will eat the fat, and you wont end up looking skinny-fat like you would if you diet and run, but skinny-fit.

anymore questions, just ask.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
snafu I'm going to try to be as nice as I can possibly can be with you.

1. If I didn't have the space then I wouldn't be wanting to get a treadmill.
2. I have no desire to spend 3k on a treadmill. I'm looking for one that's 1k or less. I don't care if it's brand name or generic. I just want one that can do the work, and can give me the cardiac exercise that i need.
3. Didn't you read my post or did you just read the headlines? I said that I already have a Gym Membership and been wanting to cancel it for some time now. I cannot stand working in gyms anymore. The last time I went I came home with the cold virus because some asshole decided to be inconsiderate and decided that it was cool to sneezed and coughed on the machines that I wanted to use. As much as I cleaned them off it still didn't work. When I get a cold I get them bad so I can't afford to get sick.

I already have full plans to clear out my garage so I can make it into a mini Gym.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Well, I don't know of any name brands, but if you have a local used fitness store around your area, try them first. Sports Authority could have some for cheap, maybe less than 1k. A buddy of mine purchased a very nice, used treadmill for a $100 off Craigslist. The people were elderly and just never used the thing. What a steal!

Also, from my personal experience, you do not need to train at a gym to lose weight. Cancel your membership, save the cash and locate a park around your area. That's what I did. All I need to train is a Pull-Up bar, a spot to do my Calisthenics and a place for cardio. I kid you not, since October, I've lost 26.8 IBS (186.8 to 160 as of today) with diet and exercise. I've lost 6 inches off my waist (38 to 32). And, I can actually see my abs again. My wife loves it too. I've saved money and given her something to want again. LOL! I love gyms, but I just can't afford a membership at this time. Plus, it's a lot of fun to train outdoors. Something about the openness and fresh air that really gets me going. And it'll never smell like sweat. ;)

Good luck shopping around.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I know one.

It's called The Sidewalk.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
fluff treadmills, do Insanity

Insanity Workout - Extreme Home Workout DVD - Insanity Workout Reviews - beachbody.com

It lives up to its name, its intense as fluff, after 2 weeks you'll start to enjoy it and crave it though. Nothing is required and if you have enough space for a treadmill, you have enough space for Insanity. It works on more than just Cardio as well, so you can improve more than just with a treadmill. I did it and it was the hardest 2 months of my life (I work fulltime as well though, so I was extra tired a lot) but I swear its the most I've ever been proud of myself.

I agree with insanity. If you're looking to lose body fat, there are MUCH better ways to do it than running. Insanity can work wonders if you stick to it. :D