Chinese man sues wife after ‘ugly’ baby born

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Benthos

Proud Mer
Obviously didn't think of the child's life. Another way to avoid responsibility and avoid having a daughter.

stagnant94

what a story to tell your kids.

or not. depending on which kid

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
I agree that the woman should be punished for her deceit. After all, physical appearance is one of the main characteristics we look at when deciding with whom to have children. Especially in a society where you are only allowed to have one. However, he needs to concede that he is at least partly responsible for the child's looks as 50% of the DNA is his.

Also, before pointing fingers at another culture for their attitudes toward children and females, look at your own. Ever watch Jerry Springer?

s0nicfreak

iplaygamesforaliving.com
he is at least partly responsible for the child's looks as 50% of the DNA is his.

That doesn't always make a difference, though; my husband and I have 1 kid that looks exactly like him, one that looks like me just with my husband's chin shape, and two that look like neither of us...

stagnant94

That doesn't always make a difference, though; my husband and I have 1 kid that looks exactly like him, one that looks like me just with my husband's chin shape, and two that look like neither of us...
imagine if you just had one black child. (assuming you're white)

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
I agree that the woman should be punished for her deceit. After all, physical appearance is one of the main characteristics we look at when deciding with whom to have children. Especially in a society where you are only allowed to have one. However, he needs to concede that he is at least partly responsible for the child's looks as 50% of the DNA is his.

Also, before pointing fingers at another culture for their attitudes toward children and females, look at your own. Ever watch Jerry Springer?

Not true, some parents have more dominate traits/genes then their spouse so a child can come out looking completely unlike one parent and identical to the other, its pretty much a coin-toss as to what your child is going to look like in the end. This guy shouldn't have gone so far as to take her to court. So what she's ugly and wanted to have plastic surgery, I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. Does this mean she should be disowned and sued over it? Oh please, if we start suing eachother because we're ugly, there won't be much money to go around anymore.

I'm not saying her deceit was right, she should've at least told him about her past but that is a moral issue, not a legal battle. But him abandoning his daughter and suing her mother because he doesn't like what the child looks like? What world are you living in? If this guy had a child with this woman just because she looks good then obviously there is something wrong with HIM too. Should she counter sue for not loving her for her personality? Where does this end? This coming from the same guy who flipped out over someone who was possibly discriminating against Obama. Punishing someone for being ugly/making an ugly kid IS a form of discrimination too, you know, considering that they can't control what a baby looks like.

Comparing an over-the-top entertainment show like Jerry Springer to real-life, daily values that the Chinese have is quite unfounded as well. A lot of Asian shows are MUCH more fluffed up than any American show I've ever seen and its all faked, scripted and staged, and its hardly a decent representation of a culture. Most Asian people I know are much different then the ones that I see on their TV shows.

SprSynJn

I'm not saying her deceit was right, she should've at least told him about her past but that is a moral issue, not a legal battle. But him abandoning his daughter and suing her mother because he doesn't like what the child looks like? What world are you living in? If this guy had a child with this woman just because she looks good then obviously there is something wrong with HIM too. Should she counter sue for not loving her for her personality? Where does this end?

He's just exhibiting natural selection. Him abandoning his daughter is another story, but the methods he used in choosing his wife is something everyone does in one way or another. Nothing wrong there.

s0nicfreak

iplaygamesforaliving.com
What world are you living in? If this guy had a child with this woman just because she looks good then obviously there is something wrong with HIM too. Should she counter sue for not loving her for her personality?

They're in China. Marriage is quite different there. This article explains what it is like. And yes it's wrong that it's like that, but that's the way it is.

I'm not saying her deceit was right, she should've at least told him about her past but that is a moral issue, not a legal battle. But him abandoning his daughter and suing her mother because he doesn't like what the child looks like?

Though lying is a moral issue, this woman turned it into a legal issue when she used lies to get married (legal issue) and have a kid (legal issue in China).

While he should love his child unconditionally, the reality of it is that an ugly daughter screws a person over for life in China. If he were to forgive his wife and stay with her, or at the very least keep his daughter, he would then either have to pay for plastic surgery for his daughter - and probably have very little money left to take care of himself when he's old, and put his daughter in this same position when/if she has an ugly child, and maybe set himself up to be sued by her future husband - or pay an insane dowry to get someone to take an ugly chick, and have no money left, and probably not manage to get a son-in-law with the means to take care of him. Suing the wife and disowning both of them is the only way he can recoup the money he has put into marrying and supporting a liar, and the only way he can go on to marry someone else and have another child. I'm sure he's not thinking "I don't like this baby because it's ugly" but "I'm screwed now because this woman got me to marry her based on lies, so I must do what I need to do to get out of that." This is a deep-rooted issue with society in China, not necessarily something wrong with this particular man.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
They're in China. Marriage is quite different there. This article explains what it is like. And yes it's wrong that it's like that, but that's the way it is.

Though lying is a moral issue, this woman turned it into a legal issue when she used lies to get married (legal issue) and have a kid (legal issue in China).

While he should love his child unconditionally, the reality of it is that an ugly daughter screws a person over for life in China. If he were to forgive his wife and stay with her, or at the very least keep his daughter, he would then either have to pay for plastic surgery for his daughter - and probably have very little money left to take care of himself when he's old, and put his daughter in this same position when/if she has an ugly child, and maybe set himself up to be sued by her future husband - or pay an insane dowry to get someone to take an ugly chick, and have no money left, and probably not manage to get a son-in-law with the means to take care of him. Suing the wife and disowning both of them is the only way he can recoup the money he has put into marrying and supporting a liar, and the only way he can go on to marry someone else and have another child. I'm sure he's not thinking "I don't like this baby because it's ugly" but "I'm screwed now because this woman got me to marry her based on lies, so I must do what I need to do to get out of that." This is a deep-rooted issue with society in China, not necessarily something wrong with this particular man.

I don't disagree at all, and Chinese society should have much better morals but that is not what I was saying if you happened to read carefully. To live in the Western World based on equality and human rights and STILL think that what this man did was justifiable is ridiculous, regardless if that was the position he wanted/needed to take based on surrounding culture. However, I think there is still something wrong with the man no matter his reasons for abandoning his family and taking money from them as well. I don't think "being ugly" should be a sueable offence under any circumstances.

You can't possibly speak for the reasons this man did it as I, for one, see how abandoning his family because she was actually ugly and so is his daughter would be the only reason why he did it. This is China and the male is much more dominate and is able to get away with things like this.

Everyone is part of the problem, you can't just shift the blame on "Oh its just China". No, it starts with each individual actually, otherwise nothing would change.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts