PC CRASH TO DESKTOP, NO ERROR MESSAGE

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CamTheMack

I have 150+ game hours on Skyrim without his happening. It has only just started. When I load up my most recent saved game I start walking and after usually around or exacly 1 minute it crashes to the desktop without any warning or error message like a quit the game or something. I have tried to see if it crashes on a new character but again crashes after 1 minute. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, unsubscribed to all mods and deleted them all, changed the 'Sound Settings' to 44100Hz and I am still stuck :/ Help would be so very much appreciated

From Cam :)

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Is there anything else about your computer that has changed? And updates downloaded to the OS? New programs installed? Virus protector updates? Are you doing this with Steam online? Have you tried using the offline method instead?

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
As has been mentioned a lot, after the 1.5 Skyrim update if you have problems you should delete or move your .ini files from your user's Skyrim directory (where your Saves folder is). Then run Skyrim launcher and re-set your graphics options.