• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ritterkreuz

hiking through a few Dwemer ruins is a great way to collect Dwemer bolts. That said I'm not a huge fan of the Crossbow. It's too much of a single strike weapon it seems.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
hiking through a few Dwemer ruins is a great way to collect Dwemer bolts. That said I'm not a huge fan of the Crossbow. It's too much of a single strike weapon it seems.
I agree. I'm a bow guy myself, but, still, I do like the way it looks and how it looks when I use it. Plus I like the little waist quiver. Since I've pimped out my original steel one, I'll do the same with the Dwarven when I get it. I probably just make my own bolts or buy them (I've got plenty of cash). I want to get through the quests rather than revisting all the dwemer ruins I've been to before.

Nighthiker77

Next game you will find bolts the first time through. You don't have to start dawnguard to find them, it just has to be installed. I think I had about 400 before I ever went to the fort.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Next game you will find bolts the first time through. You don't have to start dawnguard to find them, it just has to be installed. I think I had about 400 before I ever went to the fort.
Cool. Looking forward to it.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I guess i'm just not in to Dawnguard far enough yet. All I've received is the initial crossbow from the Dawnguard with the cache of bolts. I have all the smithing perks so, when the time comes I'll be all set, I guess. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll keep using my bow until then. Frankly, since I've only just started, I have no idea what the "Crossbow Quests" are yet, but I'm sure I will! :)

Hi bro, yes you can do your own but at the forge located in the Dawnguard Fort if you have all the materials. I personally do not make any bolt cause I do have plenty of money so I buy them from Sorine and regarding to make your own crossbow, yes you can do it at the forge. I don’t like the steel that much because it is heavy and I do prefer the one previous to that one with 50% armory penetration. Beside this, I do enchanted it with Absorb Life and Chaos because I am using my regular darwen bolts ( they do have more base damage than the regulars ) to kill in general and the special ones ( fire, frost and shock ) just for special foes like vampires, necromancers or bosses. Just my 2 cents ... :cool: