• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
IMPORTANT NOTE! I have only read the first book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series, and I've seen both seasons of the Game of Thrones show. So please, NO SPOILERS beyond that point in the story. Thank you!

I've wanted to play a Daenerys Targaryen build for awhile, and with Dragonborn coming up, I decided now was the time to do it, since I think the Dragonborn questline will tie in with what I want to do with this playthrough. (As far as I know, Daenerys doesn't make a habit of killing dragons in A Song of Ice and Fire, but just go with me on this. She's the original Dragonborn, after all.)

Here's what I'm planning so far:

Miscellaneous:
- She's a Breton. (How could she not be, with a power called Dragonskin?)
- She's good-ish. No stealing from or killing innocents, but she'll loot the hell out of bandit camps and barrows.
- Using the Mage Stone for now, because I find the Restoration skill a bit tough to level. Will later change to either the Apprentice Stone or the Atronach Stone, depending on what I enchant my gear with to offset each Stones' weakness.
- Wear an Amulet of Talos or Akatosh.
- "Live" in Markarth, since it has two blacksmiths and is close to Sky Haven Temple.

Quests:
- Main questline.
- Dragonborn questline.
- Blades quests.
- No One Escapes Cidhna Mine quest (to get Silver-Blood Family Ring).
- Book of Love quest (to get Agent of Mara ability).
- Frostflow Abyss quest (to get Sailor's Repose ability).
- Unfathomable Depths quest (to get Ancient Knowledge ability).
- Collect all Dragon Priest masks.
- Learn all Shouts.

Skills:
- One-Handed.
- Heavy Armor.
- Destruction.
- Restoration.
- Smithing.
- Enchanting.
- See perks.

Battle Style:
- Wear only Blades armor until I can craft a full set of Dragonplate armor. I'll likely enchant both with magicka regeneration and shock and frost resistance.
- Primarily use shock magic in left hand, and swap out with Healing or Soul Trap when necessary.
- Primarily use Dragonbane in right hand, though I might swap out for a leveled shock-enchanted sword when not battling dragons, and will probably retire Dragonbane once I can craft a Dragonbone sword.
- Call Odahviing whenever possible.
- Use Storm Call for tough battles, unless it'll kill nearby innocents.

Any other ideas or tips? I'm particularly looking for other minor quests that might fit in with this build. Thanks guys!

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
No spoilers you say? SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!

But really, that build looks pretty good. The only thing I'd switch is use light armor instead of heavy armor, and use fire spells instead of shock.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
No spoilers you say? SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
Oh yeah? HARRY IS A HORCRUX. So there. :D

But really, that build looks pretty good. The only thing I'd switch is use light armor instead of heavy armor, and use fire spells instead of shock.
I'm only going for heavy armor because I wanted to use Blades armor to fit a Blades build (though it is very tempting to just put fur or Forsworn armor on her for a Dothraki look). And Daenerys Stormborn has to use shock!

Clau

The Fateless One
I remember my Daenerys build. A fire destruction mage based on enchanting and smithing. Minor skills were speech and sneak. Equipped Forsworn armor that is buffed with fire nullifying enchantments.

For quests I recommend:

Ancestral Worship
Break of Dawn

^^ Simulating Daenerys' sorcerer encounter by the end of Season 2.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts