PS3 Damage "Meter" question: Where can I find the actual number?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TGW

Recently, I've read that it is possible to see the amount of damage a weapon will do by way of a damage meter or sorts. A few people have made comments on how much damage (whole number value) that their weapon can do.

I've looked for it and must be missing something because I can not find anywhere to see a whole number representation of the total amount of damage a weapon will output when my character wields it. Does anyone know where to find this? Apologies in advance for what seems to be a rather dumb question/oversight but I've gone into every menu option I can think of and just can't seem to find it.

Thank you!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
When you look at the weapon in your inventory the damage it shows is the damage it will do for a regular attack before any damage reduction modifiers that your target may have. It automatically applies any damage bonuses you get from regular melee swings of your weapon. It does not apply damage bonuses from conditional damage bonuses such as power attacks or backstabbing.

If you want to see the actual damage you are inflicting on a target, I don't think you can on a PS3 (or Xbox). I use console commands on the PC to see damage inflicted on a target.

TGW

When you look at the weapon in your inventory the damage it shows is the damage it will do for a regular attack before any damage reduction modifiers that your target may have. It automatically applies any damage bonuses you get from regular melee swings of your weapon. It does not apply damage bonuses from conditional damage bonuses such as power attacks or backstabbing.

If you want to see the actual damage you are inflicting on a target, I don't think you can on a PS3 (or Xbox). I use console commands on the PC to see damage inflicted on a target.

Ah, that explains it. Someday I'll have a top-notch gaming PC. :)

Thanks again for the damage formula on my other thread.

ShadowGambit

Dagmar, what is the command on PC console please?

Thanks.

ShadowGambit

I found something. It doesn't actually gives you your damage output, but that close enough:

Open your console, click on the NPC to get his RefID
Then type "getav health". That will give you the number of HP the NPC has.
Close the console.

Hit the NPC.
Right away, reopen the console and type "getav health" again. That should give you a lower number than previously. Substract the second number to the first to get your damage.

Note that this method will give not your damage output but the damage you have done to the NPC, AFFECTED BY THE NPC ARMOR RATING, if he has any.

The closest you can get is to strip the NPC of any armor and do the test.

As I said, not quite the official damage output display for your weapon, but close enough

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
If you use the getavinfo health command you don't need to do the math. The value for damage received is provided as part of the information. It's cumulative though so after the first hit subsequent damage values will indicate the total damage to the target's health. There are plenty of creatures that don't have any physical damage resistance (Dragons, Mammoths, Giants, Bears etc.). Basically if they aren't wearing armor they don't have physical damage resistance but you can confirm this by using the getavinfo damageresist command. Bear in mind that your difficulty setting will affect the damage inflicted so you should set to Adept or make appropriate offsetting calculations for the damage adjustment caused by the difficulty setting.

ShadowGambit

Thanks Dagmar