• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Verac

Hi im thinking of purchasing it today. but would like to know how it is, no need for spoilers but mainly i just want to know

A.are silver weapons temperable now?

B.how different are vampires now i heard all vampires have changed in every dungeon.

and C.are there good unique loot and is it reeked with glitchs?

Thanks in advance.

Meeko94

Hey, just want to let you know that first off.. Dawnguard is CRAZY LAGGY! just got done being fed up with it a couple minutes ago. I don't know if it is just me or if it is a problem with everyone. Anyway, yes silver weapons are temperable now. You will see them all the time laying on the ground during the Dawngaurd Quest.

The vampires from Dawngaurd quest differ from the normal Skyrim vampires. They are much more stronger and have a different form (WHICH IS REALY COOL). The form is called Lord Vampire and adds a new perk tree to the skyrim experience (accessible while in Lord Vampire form). I won't spoil it too much for you but if you choose not to accept this AMAZING form, you can try out the new Werewolf perk tree that has been added. Not as cool as the Lord Vampire perk tree, but thats your choice.

Loot wise so far, i have only seen enchanted silver weapons and vampire armor (dropped by vampires during the quest) but its because the game lags waaaaay to hard for me to play and it only appears to happen while I'm doing the Dawnguard Quest, which i hope answers your third question about glitches.

Verac

Hey, just want to let you know that first off.. Dawnguard is CRAZY LAGGY! just got done being fed up with it a couple minutes ago. I don't know if it is just me or if it is a problem with everyone. Anyway, yes silver weapons are temperable now. You will see them all the time laying on the ground during the Dawngaurd Quest.

The vampires from Dawngaurd quest differ from the normal Skyrim vampires. They are much more stronger and have a different form (WHICH IS REALY COOL). The form is called Lord Vampire and adds a new perk tree to the skyrim experience (accessible while in Lord Vampire form). I won't spoil it too much for you but if you choose not to accept this AMAZING form, you can try out the new Werewolf perk tree that has been added. Not as cool as the Lord Vampire perk tree, but thats your choice.

Loot wise so far, i have only seen enchanted silver weapons and vampire armor (dropped by vampires during the quest) but its because the game lags waaaaay to hard for me to play and it only appears to happen while I'm doing the Dawnguard Quest, which i hope answers your third question about glitches.
thanks that helps alot on the vampire part though i heard ALL vampires including non-quest ones were different

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
The game has not been laggy for me. And so far, the story is interesting enough. Still not as compelling as The Shivering Isles, but I digress. I am loving being on the side of the Vampires, and among the Dawnguard weapons there's the new armor for both sides. I also heard there's supposed to be Dragonbone weapons, but I'd have to check that out on a save file that I've leveled Smithing that high.

Meeko94

Sooo I restarted my xbox and the lag has Disappeared!

Hmm.. Your right, the vampires duel wield magic spells now, One being a spell that drains your health while regenerating theirs, the other hand raises the dead. They gave vampires a whole new look like red eyes, pail skin, and vampire armor. I thought they only changed the look for the Dawnguard quest, but your right. That would be amazing if they did make dragon bone weapons.

Verac

Sooo I restarted my xbox and the lag has Disappeared!

Hmm.. Your right, the vampires duel wield magic spells now, One being a spell that drains your health while regenerating theirs, the other hand raises the dead. They gave vampires a whole new look like red eyes, pail skin, and vampire armor. I thought they only changed the look for the Dawnguard quest, but your right. That would be amazing if they did make dragon bone weapons.
They did make dragonbone weapons. you just need the dragonbone smithing i believe but its there. the weapons look like crap tho.

jimmy13625

They did make dragonbone weapons. you just need the dragonbone smithing i believe but its there. the weapons look like crap tho.
I have dragonbone and all the weapon skins I think are cooler than they Daedric and beyond that it is stronger than daedric. There are new skill trees including Lycan and Vampire, which if you got rid of your lycan side(companion quest line) you can now get it back by talking to the hunter who still is one. If you become a Vampire Lord you lose your lycan abilities but gain many fascinating abilities, I have all my Alchemy, Enchant, and Smithing to 100 and I got the Dragonbone Battle Axe to over 180. I like this add-on and personally think it is worth the $20 for the extra 10-20 hours of gameplay. Rumor is there is another summon dragon shout to summon a undead dragon after defeating him during this questline along with one more shout. I don't like that it cost $20 for it but I definitely am glad that I bought it.

Angel Medina

Skaterator
the add on is pretty dope theres a few bugs but overall pretty awesome storyline =]...shooting at the sun was the best part...the way the sun is blocked...having another shout that summons an undead dragon...stronger werewolf =] worth the $20...cant wait for their second dlc