Did I just lose my Grand soul gem?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TGW

I just used it to enchant my mace and now I don't see it in my inventory. This may turn out to be a very stupid question but... is it gone? I've been thinking of soul gems as 'containers' and once you use the soul from inside of it, you can still use the empty gem to fill later.

If it is the case that you get it back, is it just a matter of waiting till all of the charges are used up before you can use the soul gem again?

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
Nope. Once used it is gone. There is a refillable Soul Gem out there but I won't spoil that for you.

TGW

Nope. Once used it is gone. There is a refillable Soul Gem out there but I won't spoil that for you.

****SPOILER QUESTION FOLLOWS***

Can you tell me where to get the black star and Azura's star soul gems from?

OutKast

I'll spoil it for you TGW if you wanna know....not to be mean or cruel, but to enhance your experience. i read about it somewhere else, and immediately went and got...I LOVE IT!

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
Black Soul Gems you can find or buy, Azura's Star comes from going to her shrine and speaking to her to get her quest line started.

TGW

***SPOILER ALERT***

I just found it. It is one of the Daedric quests. Thanks for your help pointing me in the right direction. :)

OutKast

***SPOILER ALERT***

I just found it. It is one of the Daedric quests. Thanks for your help pointing me in the right direction. :)

Be aware though, at the end of the quest you have to choose what to do with the star....if you take it back to Azura you get the Azura's star which will trap any soul up to a Grand. If you take it back to the mage, you will get the Black Star which traps only human souls. I chose this one b/c you know that it will ONLY be filled with a Black Soul (GRAND, the best) every single time. You dont want to accidentally fill your Azura Star with a petty soul...true, you can empty it and reuse it, but why go thru that hassle? Bandits are plentiful in Skyrim

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
Be aware though, at the end of the quest you have to choose what to do with the star....if you take it back to Azura you get the Azura's star which will trap any soul up to a Grand. If you take it back to the mage, you will get the Black Star which traps only human souls. I chose this one b/c you know that it will ONLY be filled with a Black Soul (GRAND, the best) every single time. You dont want to accidentally fill your Azura Star with a petty soul...true, you can empty it and reuse it, but why go thru that hassle? Bandits are plentiful in Skyrim

Good to know, thanks! Now I just have to beat the Dremora that seem impossible to kill!

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
Azura's star is re-usable right? Also, I'm not too keen on fighting a den full of mages, how hard are the evil elf mage and his minions?

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO