Disease immunity or shock resistance

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Belmont

Well, the title speaks for itself.
As you can see on my signature, I'm playing as a warrior now. My playstyle is a little restricted, since I don't enchant anything, I use smithing and some alchemy but no enchanting. I use enchanted itens I find though. Until yesterday I was using an amulet that gives 100% disease immunity but I found another amulet that has 70% of shock resistance and I'm now in a dilema: 100% immunity to diseases or 70% shock resistance? I thought about the possibilities but I want to have some feedback before I decide. I'll list the itens I'm using right now:
- My helmet gives me 40% of fire resistance (it's that ancient nord helmet you find in Labyrinthian)
- Ebony Mail
- Ebony boots with 40% resistance to Frost.
- Solitude shield with maximum enchants: 30% resistance to magic and fortify block 35
- Dragon gauntlets with no enchantments.
- A ring with 22% resistance to magic

The race is nord and he has the agent of mara 15% resistance to magic: so he has 90% of frost resistance + 40% fire + 67% resistance to magic.
So, guys, what do you think? Disease immunity or Shock resistance?

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
i'd go for shock resistance.....if you become a werewolf or vampire you get disease immunity as a passive ability, cure disease is also one of the easiest potions to make and you can also cure all diseases by visiting any shrine

Adam Belmont

I forgot to mention: I'm not werewolf anymore and I won't become a vampire.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
hm, I still think the shock resistance is more advantageous...

Twiffle

IMHO its simple, if you dont want to be infected by disease it has to be the shock amulet and a potion of cure disease, from you local alchemy shack, or make one useing charred skeeverhide, hawk feathers, mudcrab chitlin or vampire dust,, only weighs 0.5 and cures all diseases,, ,, ,simples,

MaraRose

go with shock resistance. you can always use a potion to cure diseases and the shock amulet is probably worth more, so if you ever decide to sell it:)

Adam Belmont

You're right, it's pretty obvious what is better, but maybe I got attached to my immunity amulet. Thanks for opening my eyes. :D

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
go with shock resistance. you can always use a potion to cure diseases and the shock amulet is probably worth more, so if you ever decide to sell it:)
Agreed. Since I play as a Vampire and an Assassin of the Dark Brotherhood, I'm already immune to poisons from my Vampire blood...but my DB gear as well. Shock resistance is better. Helps in killing mages as well.

MaraRose

I might be kind of biased seeing as how im a werewolf.....but shock resistance is still the way to go lol

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
yeah shock resistance is better, by the way I recommend you get the dragon priest mask Otar, it gives 30% resistance to each element and it's a headpiece, 1 of the few items with a resist on a headpiece and it's all 3 resistances. It's heavy armour too http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Otar_(Mask)
If you want an extra light way to cure disease just carry hawk feathers, eating 1 hawk feather cures all diseases.

Smarty

Most apothecaries have cure diseases potions, and there's also the shrines that cures all diseases. There's a shrine of Arkay in every city, where they keep the dead. Definitely go for shock resistance.

Jaeger

Emm, both. If you're fighting somebody using shock, throw on the shock resistance. If you're fighting a mangy animal or vamp throw on the disease resistance. Now with vamps if they're shocking you, shock resist; the red mist, disease resist if you can't be bothered visiting a town in the next four days.