Do Cinema-Kills use more than One Charge?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
I for one don't often use enchanted weapons, feel like it's a pain in the ass to keep them charged. Recently though I thought I'd give it a chance again hoping perhaps there had been a change in myself that would make it seem more tolerable. Anyway I got a cinema-kill on a draugr where I smacked him twice with my burn-y sword and it looked to me like he caught fire twice. So I pose the question ;See Title;.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
Could be what you saw was burn damage applied after being struck by the Kill-Cam attack. From that route, I would assume it would be one charge that's consumed.

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
Well it was the one where yous stab somebody, then spin around and whack them again. Stab-catches fire, whack-fire effect starts over.

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
If he struck him twice, I would think it would count as two hits, from what I can remember.

Quick tip (not sure if you know or not): but you can just get the Black Star and make your weapons have two enchantments, one being soul trap. So every hit you take, you will have a soul no matter what. Unlimited. Your weapon will never run out. You will also not have to carry any other soul gems. Also, this allows you to make your weapon as powerfully enchanted as you can without having to worry about having enough to recharge constantly.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
If he struck him twice, I would think it would count as two hits, from what I can remember.

Quick tip (not sure if you know or not): but you can just get the Black Star and make your weapons have two enchantments, one being soul trap. So every hit you take, you will have a soul no matter what. Unlimited. Your weapon will never run out. You will also not have to carry any other soul gems. Also, this allows you to make your weapon as powerfully enchanted as you can without having to worry about having enough to recharge constantly.

That only works if you carry soul gems of all sizes, otherwise you'll put a lesser soul into a grand soul gem, and as Master Neloth advises, that's a terrible waste of a soul gem. Next time be more diligent.

JoeReese

That only works if you carry soul gems of all sizes, otherwise you'll put a lesser soul into a grand soul gem, and as Master Neloth advises, that's a terrible waste of a soul gem. Next time be more diligent.
I ended up taking soul trap off my sword, but in other plays I carried 10 grand, 30 greater, 30 common, 35 lesser, and 40 petty soul gems at any given time. Getting up in levels, you get more greater and higher level gems in dungeons, but at low levels it's easy to end up wasting grand soul gems on a petty soul.

JoeReese

I could be wrong here, but I think these are separate entities. The black star would make sure that you can always come by an easy grand soul (bandits) when you need one. To dual enchant requires not the black star, but an enchanting level of 100 and the "twin souls" perk, and there is a separate perk (soul siphon) in the enchanting tree, which allows your weapon to partially recharge with attacks on beasts only.

Giga's right about the black star, in the sense that it's essentially free soul shopping, because you can't really walk Skyrim without being attacked by somebody.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
I'll test this kill cam thing out with a custom enchanted two-charge sword in the morning.

Gigapact

I could be wrong here, but I think these are separate entities. The black star would make sure that you can always come by an easy grand soul (bandits) when you need one. To dual enchant requires not the black star, but an enchanting level of 100 and the "twin souls" perk, and there is a separate perk (soul siphon) in the enchanting tree, which allows your weapon to partially recharge with attacks on beasts only.

Giga's right about the black star, in the sense that it's essentially free soul shopping, because you can't really walk Skyrim without being attacked by somebody.

Yes... thank you Joe. Black Star can take in anything unlimited, especially all of those pesky bandits which you fight a lot of. And in my game, they also take in Draugr. I never run out of a charge on my weapons. As far as actually enchanting things, of course I always use grand/black soul gems filled correctly.

So I don't know what you mean by me trying to be more "diligent" Colleen....

Gigapact

Okay I think I might have worded it wrong.

WHAT I MEANT TO SAY: If I go and kill a bandit, I fill the Black Star with Grand soul. Bam, recharge. Next Bandit, consume his soul, recharge, etc. etc. etc. etc. Never running out. Because the minute I use the soul, I can capture another one right off the bat.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

Soul gems are cheap anyhow. Does it really make that much of a difference?

JoeReese

Cheap is relative.

ColleenG

It does in the beginning when soul gems aren't so plentiful, and you're trying to use grands for enchantments! After a while, though, it's only us OCD personalities that get all riled up when our soul gems are out of order.

Daelon DuLac

It does in the beginning when soul gems aren't so plentiful, and you're trying to use grands for enchantments! After a while, though, it's only us OCD personalities that get all riled up when our soul gems are out of order.
Right now I'm carrying 20+ grand souls gems for recharging. I don't want to waste an enchantment on the soul steal thing. As I'm about to legendize enchanting and smithing, I suppose I'll have to start using my soul trap spell a WHOLE lot more, even though I have probably 1,000 soul gems of all types in storage (that includes 48 blacks). Somehow I think I must have been awfully busy when I wasn't paying attention.

JoeReese

LOL, I get you. I have been shying away from soul trap on my sword, because I can get the fire/frost combo on there instead. I make up $$ to buy new gems with the banish enchantment, every petty gem I can get my hands on, and iron daggers. Then I sell them for grand gems to all the college mages.

ColleenG

Right now I'm carrying 20+ grand souls gems for recharging. I don't want to waste an enchantment on the soul steal thing. As I'm about to legendize enchanting and smithing, I suppose I'll have to start using my soul trap spell a WHOLE lot more, even though I have probably 1,000 soul gems of all types in storage (that includes 48 blacks). Somehow I think I must have been awfully busy when I wasn't paying attention.

I get that way at the higher levels, but below level 30 or so (maybe 25, I dunno) I completely run out of soul gems a lot!

Daelon DuLac

I get that way at the higher levels, but below level 30 or so (maybe 25, I dunno) I completely run out of soul gems a lot!
Since I start enchanting as soon as I find a trap weapon (usually by level 5), I usually just end up buying them in quantity regularly, filling, enchanting, selling, buying... rinse and repeat. :)

JoeReese

Makes sense...not cheap at that level, by any stretch. Don't forget that, for armor, the size of the gem is proportionate to the power of the enchantment, but for weapons it only determines the number of charges. Early on (took me too long to realize this) you can still enchant the same damage points with a petty as with a grand. As enchanting rises, you're likely to replace weapons to up that enchantment, so you can save on grand gems by using petty or lesser for your weapons.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts