Do Cinema-Kills use more than One Charge?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JoeReese

Well, I just tried to custom enchant a sword and I can't (even with a petty gem) get below 12 charges. I don't know how to tell exactly how many charges are left after an attack, so I'm not sure how to test this. Does anybody know, in case Scalvar is delayed, how to enchant with so few charges? At highest destructive power (still low level this play though) I can get 17 pts of burn and like 12 charges. I can slide the damage down to 1 but it just increases the charge amount. :/

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
That only works if you carry soul gems of all sizes, otherwise you'll put a lesser soul into a grand soul gem, and as Master Neloth advises, that's a terrible waste of a soul gem. Next time be more diligent.

If you accidentally fill the wrong soul for a gem, you can drop the gem and it resets. Being empty once more.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
Sorry for the very late report... dog-sitting did not give me any time to test it in the morning. The bright side is that I do have results, after testing it just a few minutes ago, regarding the OP's question. I tested this out with a low enchanting level (15-20) character and used a filled petty soul gem to create an Absorb Health enchanted sword (2 charges for maximum magnitude).

It took me a while to get that specific animation to trigger, but I got it to work. It does use two charges.

JoeReese

Sorry for the very late report... dog-sitting did not give me any time to test it in the morning. The bright side is that I do have results, after testing it just a few minutes ago, regarding the OP's question. I tested this out with a low enchanting level (15-20) character and used a filled petty soul gem to create an Absorb Health enchanted sword (2 charges for maximum magnitude).

It took me a while to get that specific animation to trigger, but I got it to work. It does use two charges.
How did you get it to only take two charges? Lowest I could get was like 12.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
I'll try to re-word it again. My Enchanting Skill level was around 15 to 20. I did not take any of the Enchanting perks and for the soul gem, I used a filled petty soul gem. The Absorb Health enchant, without any perks, would had require for the weapon to have 2 charges if I wanted the strongest version of the enchantment. Hopefully that clarifies it better.

Annageckos

That only works if you carry soul gems of all sizes, otherwise you'll put a lesser soul into a grand soul gem, and as Master Neloth advises, that's a terrible waste of a soul gem. Next time be more diligent.

If you accidentally fill the wrong soul for a gem, you can drop the gem and it resets. Being empty once more.

I've found that only works for smaller soul gems. On larger ones I have issues with it. I've dropped the soul gems over and over but the soul 'stuck'. I've never had that problem though with smaller soul gems.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts