• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
So was strolling into Riften and once I got past the gates I heard yelling, saw flashing blades, and a milling crowd. Probably a thief, I thought, until I realized it was a master vampire and his thrall in the middle of the mob getting absolutely pummeled. The whole town had practically turned out for this mauling, and the vampire never stood a chance. After things had settled down, there was a mass dispersal, and one of the woman walked by me and uttered a sarcastic remark which was the finishing touch to a pretty awesome scene. The same attack in White Run turned out a lot differently with a dead guard and myself almost dying before cutting down the vampire. So it goes without saying: Don't mess with Riften.

JoeReese

Once you've done some of the townspeople quests, get caught picking Maven's or Hemming's pockets, and watch the neighborhood jump in and kick their arses.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Riften don't play but don't underestimate Dawnstar.

Took a long break (in Skyrim terms anyway) from the game and just started a new build the other night. The unthinkable happened and the guards and people of Dawnstar saved my ass.

So I'm on my way to the College and I decide to stop by Dawnstar to hit the iron mine and the merchant chest on the way and all is well but when I left the mine I started scanning for Dragons since they seem to spawn quite frequently when I come out, but again all was well. I hit the merchant chest, grabbed some goodies and a few enchanted items that I was planning on disenchanting in the White Hall. So I go in to the White Hall, steal some Ice Wraith Teeth, do my disenchanting and exit. Before I can start scanning for dragons I notice Mirrak's Cultists walking up the path towards me. I get scared since I am totally ill equipped to handle these guys at this point and run back into the White Hall like a coward. Regroup and decide to exit, I drop a Rune and start running before they have a chance to open dialogue. So far so good only I hear a civilian say "Somebody do something!"... which always means vampires in my experience and sure enough, vampire ambush. Lucky for me the Kahjit(?) had set up shop at Dawnstar and was keeping them busy, especially since TWO dragons decided to attack afterall. By the time the Dragons appeared the Cultists had walked into my Rune and were fully hostile. Long story short it was complete bedlam for about 10 minutes and all I really had to do was stand and shoot poison arrows in every direction imaginable. The merchants, guards, miners and civilians did all the dirty work.

After that I began wondering why I took a break from this game...

Chadonraz

I've had a couple similar experiences to what the OP said. My favourite moment would have to be Brynjolf fleeing from the vampire-infested market, screaming, while everyone else fought the bloodsuckers. :D

Windhelm isn't to be messed with, either. Had my first-ever dragon attack in that city a few days ago... and everyone (even NPCs who had no business being in the city, like the Khajiit caravan and the local carriage guard (mod)) was out on the streets fighting to the best of their abilities. The guards were the only ones with bows (in addition to my character, ofc), however that didn't stop Nils, Brunwulf, Niranye and quite a few others from shouting taunts at the Frost Dragon. Eventually the dragon fled, which I thought was incredibly hilarious instead of the usual annoying. :D

I've been in Whiterun during a vampire attack, just getting back from Ysgramors tomb, and it was not pretty.
They were fluffing massacred, two guards, that one Battle-Born guy, Aela, Farkas, Vilkas, and the blacksmith.
I didn't do a thing. Just watched.

Pokeborn

I fought the Cultists in Riften and I just stood on the outside of the market sniping the Cultists for a kill as the townspeople and guards just surrounded them and started mauling. Lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
i am just now coming off a 2 or 3 month long break from skyrim and i witnessed something ive never seen in riften. a thief, a dragon, a vampire(and his thrall), all attacking the middle of the town i kid you not in less the 2 minutes the guards and crazy people of riften had beaten everyone to a pulp and then (this is weird/awesome part) there were 3 guards fighting with people of riften........so epic made me realize(for the 30th time) that skyrim is amazing :)

Evil Renegader

Im not Renegader. im a Troll.
So was strolling into Riften and once I got past the gates I heard yelling, saw flashing blades, and a milling crowd. Probably a thief, I thought, until I realized it was a master vampire and his thrall in the middle of the mob getting absolutely pummeled. The whole town had practically turned out for this mauling, and the vampire never stood a chance. After things had settled down, there was a mass dispersal, and one of the woman walked by me and uttered a sarcastic remark which was the finishing touch to a pretty awesome scene. The same attack in White Run turned out a lot differently with a dead guard and myself almost dying before cutting down the vampire. So it goes without saying: Don't mess with Riften.
When a dragon came to solitude.. every man, woman, child and others mauled the dragon to death even the Jarl joined in.. i think you miss-pelt Solitude mate ;)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I always seem to run in to the Cultists first in Ivarstead.

Those guards are good.

Inevitably there is a vampire attack at the same time.

Never have to raise a finger. All of them are down within a minute.

The first set of cultists are still laying dead in Falkreath, thanks to some nifty arrow work by the guards whilst I hid. They're usually pretty good in a dragon attack too.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
The first set of cultists are still laying dead in Falkreath, thanks to some nifty arrow work by the guards whilst I hid. They're usually pretty good in a dragon attack too.
I always wondered why their bodies NEVER dissappear. My cultists are still lying in the middle of the road in Ivarstead and it's been months (in game and of play!). You'd at least think wolves or bears would have dragged them away, or the townspeople would use them as fertilizer. They must stink to high-heaven by now! Maybe I'll just drop 'em in the river like I do with other bodies that I run across. :)

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
You think that's rough try dropping a cabbage in the Bee and Barb. For something so common and inexpensive they sure have no issues killing each other for it.