• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Did you like the Length of Dragonborn dlc?

• Total voters

Em_Pu

You wouldn't believe if i told yea
Before I start yet again another SPOILER ALERT!

Anyways moving on I have just finished the ridiculously short main quest line for Dragonborn (DLC) and omg why so god damn short? I realize that they were focusing on the side quests and such, and all the new things we get to do but like really come on now. I killed Miraak and I have never felt so unfulfilled like this with Bethesda's games, hell i felt Dawnguard was kinda of a better dlc just because the the quest line was longer. Granted I am venting because I would love a huge main quest line DLC and this one didn`t cut it. Maybe its because my character is 81 but hell I even play on master it should have mad it harder and longer.

Now that my vent is over does anyone feel the same or at the least like it could have been alot longer?

Falmer19

I see your point, but I found it really enjoyable. They focused more on the quality versus quantity it seems. This DLC (IMO) was most definitely better than Dawnguard.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I dig where you're coming from...but not gonna lie, I'm still playing it, and reading everyone on the forums makes me realise there's still a ton of side quests left that I haven't done yet. But I'm the adventurer sort (mostly cause I get distracted reeeeeeally easily - ooooh, something shiny!) so I like the whole side-quest thing. The main quest was rather brief, no doubt, but I'm totally ok with that.

zane

If you take into the consideration the way the side quests interact with the main quests at different intervals, how small the island is, all the new assets they added, i think it's understandable.

As rather, what additions would you like them to have added to the main quest?

After a while it could have felt like a go fetch and give quest.
Personally all the quests in the main quest line were more developing than the main quest of the normal main quest. For instance, working with the wizard in the dwemer ruin, as well as having a dragon tell you "Miraak has commanded you dead, so it shall be" (or something like that) was awesome.

the voice interactions with these missions which was more depth :D

all for the price of 20 bucks? I think they're very generous for what we were given for that amount compared to all they've been working on. (The company is still working on the ps3 fixes, new games, and they even put in a helping hand with the Bioshock game.)

This is why I have respect for Bethesda, they're sorta like the google company of video games. (in my opinion at least)

Em_Pu

If you take into the consideration the way the side quests interact with the main quests at different intervals, how small the island is, all the new assets they added, i think it's understandable.

As rather, what additions would you like them to have added to the main quest?

After a while it could have felt like a go fetch and give quest.
Personally all the quests in the main quest line were more developing than the main quest of the normal main quest. For instance, working with the wizard in the dwemer ruin, as well as having a dragon tell you "Miraak has commanded you dead, so it shall be" (or something like that) was awesome.

Now don't get me wrong I loved this dlc i just wish the main story line had more in it, I am finishing up finding the black books and its like wow the side quests are massive which makes up for the main story line, and well I was looking for the story length of shriving Isles in Oblivion. lol

I dig where you're coming from...but not gonna lie, I'm still playing it, and reading everyone on the forums makes me realise there's still a ton of side quests left that I haven't done yet. But I'm the adventurer sort (mostly cause I get distracted reeeeeeally easily - ooooh, something shiny!) so I like the whole side-quest thing. The main quest was rather brief, no doubt, but I'm totally ok with that.

see so am I but I got so into the main quest line, when it ended I was like dafaq? I know everything now but i wanted to do so much more.

zane

Ah I can definitely understand your point then =D

And I'm sure we'll have that shivering isles quest length in a future expansion. I know I still want to get a tower so I can do the pc version and make a certain mod I have in my head x.x

but back on topic, I believe the next dlc will be somewhere close to cyrodil so here's hoping for the quest length for that one :3

Em_Pu

wait is there any details on the future dlc? if there is any for that matter. and god damn that reminds me I want spears back :sadface: not some stupid looking arrows

zane

currently there is no info yet, and im positive there will be another. I say near cyrodil because of the modeling they did in game. It's the same reason why many believed we were going to go to morrowind, although instead we went somewhere near the mainland of morrowind lol.

So I can only imagine it'd be the same for viewing the gold tower (possibly damaged and broken due to the war) somewhere near Cyrodil.

Now personally I wanna see something with Ayleid ruins! but we'll see. also some conversations with Aedra would be nice -.-

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I heard something a while back about a "Moonbridge to Elswyr," is that an actual DLC they are creating or was it just a rumor?

Em_Pu

I heard something a while back about a "Moonbridge to Elswyr," is that an actual DLC they are creating or was it just a rumor?

No one knows yet that I know of and i kinda agree with yea Zane, they had the outlines of both Morrowind and the imperial city o_O what if we travel back in time!? haha jks but yea I am think the dlc is some where close to oblivions place

zane

not sure, the only thing dealing with Elswyr I know of is the mod that created an area for it that you could travel to. I recommend you youtube the mod and see it, it looks AMAZING >:I wish i had a gaming computer...

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
There's a gate going into Morrowind down near Riften...when you try to go through it, it tells you that you cannot go this way and you must turn back. I totally thought this was gonna be part of an expansion into Morrowind, but now that they've released Dragonborn I'm not sure...

zane

there will definitely be a new dlc. I even guess there will be two to three more major expansions actually.

zane

Non that's concrete. There's a quote where Todd was comparing DLC done in previous games and how there was up to 5 dlc. Then you have the quote where he states that the DLCs for skyrim would be much larger.

HearthFire was a add-on not really an expansion. That with the idea of Cyrodil land being somewhat modeled and the constant talk about other lands just makes me believe there will be at least two more major expansions.

I know people have being asking for more Khajiit love, as well as some more Red Guard history (since Nords are considered human races that founded Tamriel, but Redguards are of a different culture and history completely separate from Nords/Brenton/Imperials)

I expected some Argonian stuff for DB because of the whole war on morrowind thing.
There's also the thought of Aleyid ruins (which i stated i would like to see with a Cyrodil DLC)

The mages college did get more on the subject of the Dwemer, and Dawnguard did more with snow elves that were brought up with some mage quests and especially the thieves guild.

These all can be taken into the idea of them Foreshadowing future content.

and of course im pretty sure they'll have more small add-ons that add armor types and items such as cloaks and capes and such. - If they added house building and kids because of people's outcries, I don't see why ignore the major outcry for the cloaks and such.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
The only thing I didn't like about the main quest was that it was one giant puzzle-fest and it focused too much on Hermaeus Mora. Similar with the vanilla game MQ, Dragonborn's MQ is nothing to write home about, but a lot of the side quests are really good.

Em_Pu

and this is why ur added to my fav people list haha But yea I can see where the possibilities can go there is such a major orchestra of events and places one could go, and so much more content that can make the player keep returning.

Em_Pu

The only thing I didn't like about the main quest was that it was one giant puzzle-fest and it focused too much on Hermaeus Mora. Similar with the vanilla game MQ, Dragonborn's MQ is nothing to write home about, but a lot of the side quests are really good.

See I agree I would have rather figured out why Miraak did what he did, i unno i think more focus on Miraak and the dragons would have been cooler to me.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I feel like there wasn't enough about Miraak. Not enough about his past. Where he became corrupted. How he rose to power. How he got stuck in Apocrypha. I wish there were more answers, or at least more background to it.