Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Cyrodil

Votes: 39 3.2%
  • High Rock

Votes: 44 3.7%
  • Summerset Isles

Votes: 168 14.0%
  • Hammerfell

Votes: 184 15.3%
  • Black Marsh

Votes: 97 8.1%
  • Valenwood

Votes: 110 9.1%
  • Elsweyr

Votes: 268 22.3%
  • Morrowind (again)

Votes: 15 1.2%
  • All of Tamriel

Votes: 279 23.2%

• Total voters

Dylansauce02

Slaying Trolls and taking names.
You don't really understand the Divines or the Daedra, do you? Anyways, you are a fool to even suggest to not have a war- I would want a longer one. The second Great War? Now THAT would be good. It would be set in the Summerset Isles, and possibly Valenwood as well, as Sweet Rolls said, and the war part (and possibly the main storyline...?) Would be the Imperial Assault against the Aldmeri Dominion.

Haha yeah, that's you. Calling someone else a fool because you disagree just makes you ignorant. Even if they might not know as much as you.

Dylansauce02

Slaying Trolls and taking names.
Or, Maybe the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion could fight for who controls Valenwood in the game, and it could also stretch out to Elsweyr.

Skyrimosity

The sad thing is, We don't even know WHEN the next Elder Scrolls will take place. They could make it 10 years later with a stronger Empire, 300 years later at the start of the 5th Era or end of 4th, could go back in time to when Dwemer were the strongest beings alive, we just don't know. Assuming its only like 5 years later and nothings changed, I believe Elsewyr or Hammerfell would be great. In Elsewyr we could work to remove or strengthen the Aldmeri back leadership. In Hammerfell, we could possibly defend against/support a new wave of Aldmeri armies. There are really a lot of possibilities.

KITTEH

Khajiit
****************SPOILERS*********************

I'm not clear on the location/land of the Dark Elves but after speaking with many of the Jorl's, It seems as if there is alot of tension between Skyrim and the Dark Elves. Mostly due to the worship of Talos. Maybe we will start off in the Dark Elves land, fighting in a war or something. Just theories. Sorry if my thoughts are incomplete, I'm new to the complete storyline.

I think a good thing would be a war between the thalmor and a resistance group. The player could choose which side to join but unlike the civil war there would be more than 2 wars

Metal-Maniac

After all that snow in Skyrim it would be an awesome constrast to make an elder scrolls sequel in a oriental / middle eastern environment... Think of the gameplay in Skyrim and Oblivion but with sand, pyramids, palm trees, oases and a huuuuge moon in the night sky -1001 elder scrolls nights... Elsweyr or Hammerfell sound great to me!

juni0rj0hn

Article Writer
I know it's too early to think ahead, but I'm just curious and I'm sure many others are, too. Where do you think The Elder Scrolls 6 will take place? Will you be able to travel through all of Tamriel? Or perhaps it might be set in Cyrodil, High Rock, Summerset Isles, Hammerfell, Black Marsh, Valenwood or Eslweyr. Personally, I think as the game will be on the future generation consoles, they'll be able to be much more flexible. I believe that you will get to be at a different province which depends on the races you choose. This could make the game and replay value huge! Who knows.

Feel free to vote in the poll.
Hmmm, Renegader, this is a very hard subject to predict. I think the Elder Scrolls series would be epic wherever it is, but I also think that Bethesda HAS to stop being so predictable. Instead of simply going to a different part of Tamriel, Bethesda should go a whole lot farther. The way the other famous series are going right now, they seem to be coming to a halt, but I think the legendary producers of Skyrim could make a game that will last for generations to come-like Final Fantasy. I think I'll try to find out how to contact either Bethesda or the creater of TES and give 'em a few suggestions. First of all, I think they should twist the story line a little bit. They should do something like go back in time and back to normal at certain times-like they should either let you play as a Dwemer, or(I think the better of the two) make the Dwemer come back to TAKE OVER TAMRIEL somehow-wouldn't that be epic? Speaking of epic, is it me-or do they not spend enough time on cinematics? I know I really have no right to talk since I'm not a video game programmer, but they could at the very least make cutscenes for when you fight Alduin, or meet the Greybeards. Despite what everyone thinks, I believe the graphics could have been a whole lot better. Also, I think the Stormcloak story CAN'T die out, they need to make either Ulfric or the Stormcloaks have a place in Future conflicts in Tamriel(Sorry if you're an imperial).I have another problem with the Elder Scrolls-the places you go to, like Whiterun and Falkreath, have no place for you unless you are in the main storyline. I think every city should have different armors that you can acquire, not generic quests, and...well besically what I'm trying to say is that they should make every visit to a city a different kind of experience. There should definetely be changes to the gameplay mechanics also, like more complicated-instead of you just making friends with omeone and making them follow you-you should be able to be a commander or something and tyour troops morale level and population level should affect how you play and how the war turns out

The Spectre of Skyrim

An Evil-turned-good guy
Elsweyr and Hammerfell are both arid and desert-like. The difference is in the cultural infulences.

Elsweyr would have huge sand dunes and be inspired by Egypt. So we'd be fighting giant cobras, giant scarab beetles, Sphinxes, Mummies, harnessing the sun for magical spells (yeah, that'd be cool! Sun Ray spell that burns through your enemies!), pyramids, ancient tombs full of booby traps and mummies, etc.

Hammerfell would be like Persia, with large cities, Elephants, scimitars, camels, gold everywhere, lots of turbans, etc.

I vote Elsweyr.

Cody667

It depends on what they do with Skyrim's DLC. If Skyrim's DLC deals with the aftermath of the civil war and does something regarding Skyrim OR the Empire vs the Aldmeri Dominion then any location would do for the Elder Scrolls VI. If the DLC has nothing to do with the Thalmor and the follow-up of the civil war (which seems likely, my guess is the DLC will be something completely random) then it should take place in Summerset Isles where the war storyline continues, and you can choose to side with the Empire/Skyrim/Hammerfell and help them attack the Thalmor and regain their freedom or choose to side with the Thalmor and destroy the armies of invading men and become the most powerful force in Tamriel...

Dallas-Arbiter

All of Tamriel, united against the Thalmor. Legate Rikke hints that everyone will be called to war once again in the near future. But they'll probably do that with a short 3 act DLC, just like they always do.

Cody667

All of Tamriel, united against the Thalmor. Legate Rikke hints that everyone will be called to war once again in the near future. But they'll probably do that with a short 3 act DLC, just like they always do.

It's funny, too. When you think about the Civil War, and the increasing autonomy and nationalistic nature of each province suggests that all of Tamriel is essentially going to pull a Europe in the sense that each province will become a nation-state. Regardless of an Imperial/Stormcloak victory, they'll be allies along with Hammerfell in the obvious follow up war that's going to happen with the Thalmor...and in the end High Rock, Skyrim, Cyrodiil, and Skyrim would probably all become independent, as well as Valenwood, Elswyr, and Summerset Isles.

I know I'm getting a bit carried away with a fictional universe, but the obvious link the story of Tamriel has with real life Europe just helps tell exactly what's going to happen from a political standpoint. Then again, Bethesda could do whatever the hell they want and come right out of left field with something insane...

jimhillbillytx

I believe that skyrim has the same problem Fable 3 had, to much difference in endings, either skyrim is free or its part of the empire. Why not do part 6 at the same time in elswyr or black marsh that way regardless of how skyrim turns out the story continues in a different place. The resistance against the aldmeri dominion in the lands of the beastfolk. Thats not to say I don't want more from the series I would love to see atmora or any of the other continents of mundus as well, but the aldmeri dominion must be fought against/for and that seems like the logical next step regardless of when and where.

Olle

It would be fun to be in elsweyr and black marsh. I mean dinosaur, camel and elephant mounts. Savannahs with lions and giraffes and things. And suddenly when you travel around you walk on a mud monster that is crawling up from the swamp. Or why not kill mummies in ancient pyramids that would be great. And also a lot of new weapons and armors like turbans, ancient desert things, wooden armor. And much skooma ;D

Orog-Rakir. Orc. Lvl 26. Dualwielder. Neutral.
Heavy Armor lvl 72, One handed lvl 80, Smithing.... LVL 100
Deadric armor, nahkriin mask and deadric axe and mace.
The listener, Slayer of Alduin, Imperial, Deadra collector, Dragon priest collector.

Hadvar The Bonesmasher. Nord. Lvl 9. Barbarian. Good.
Light armor lvl 52, two handed lvl 54
Wuuthrad, Studded armor
The habringer of the companions, stormcloak, thalmor killer.

Perzia. Khajiit. lvl 16. Dark Assasin. Evil.
Thieves guild armor, dwarven sword of burning.
Light armor lvl 60, One handed lvl 49, Conjuration lvl 34, Lockpicking lvl 23
Thieves guild, Dark Brotherhood, Murderer (on freetime), Deadra collector, killed Mai´q the Liar.... moahahhaha. :p

Özseraz. Argonian. Lvl 5. Super Noob.
He was my first and he sucks.....

pablitomoore

I think all of Tamriel would be cool for the version, but looking ahead, what would be the next game? If Tamriel is already used ,they would have to repeat something, but I voted for all of Tamriel anyways.

Harperlarp

I reckon it'll be in Elsweyr. There aren't that many Khajiit in the game but they're certainly fond of giving you detailed descriptions of their homeland, I don't think any other race does this in Skyrim. It' sounds awesome too. Dry hot barren plains and moist jungle areas, the opposite of Skyrim really, can't wait. Also I like the way the Khajiit speak. Especially when J'zargo says "J'zargo only has so much room to carry things." He sounds like Poirot lol.

ElderVance

I voted for Summerset Isles because in Skyrim, the High elves (Thalmor) are taking Skyrim with the White Gold Concord Law/Contract, however u may refer it, so therefore by starting in SUmmerset the player, dragonborn, whatever Bethesodes wishes to call the new main charactor, can aid the lands of Summerset Isles and be rid of the Thalmor once and for all. Now im just stating that in my opinion to add on to the Role Play of the game series. Thanks for reading. ^^

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
The civil war suggests Summer-set isle though I hope Orcinium or Elsweyr

Hunfar

All of Tamriel just isn't feasible, sadly. It would take a HUGE team years to do this to ensure it doesn't look or feel choppy. I'm guessing Summerset or Elsweyr. Summerset Isles sounds like a DLC expansion for some reason...