• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elder Scrolls VI: Akavir

• Total voters

Osiris

Child of the Sky
I have been studying the lore around the continent of Akavir, a mysterious landmass east of Tamriel for those who don't know. After reading the descriptions of all the different races, I would be absolutely all for the next ES game to take place in Akavir. Being able to play as one of them Monkey people would be awesome, like some Planet of the Apes plops. Or even better, being a Snow Demon.

Info on Akavir: Akavir (Continent) - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I've said this before, but if I was asked where I would like the next game to take place, it would be in the order of:

1: Hammerfell
2: Blackmarsh
3: Summerset Isle
4: Elswyer
5: High Rock (re-visist Daggerfall)
6: Valenwood
7: Re-visit Morrowind
8: Re-Visit Cyrodill
9: Re-Visit Syrim Again
10: Maybe somewhere off away

I have TOO much interest in the Provinces we haven't seen yet for my mind to wonder off to whats going on somewhere I we have no knowledge of yet.

As well, Ill have to say ....I know people want new races, but I am totally fine with the races we have so far. I am in no way tired of them yet... even after 19 years.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
It seems like a great idea to explore other continents such as Akavir, Atmora, Yokuda and Pyandonea, but first I would like to at least see a southern province and learn more about these continents in modern times. Maybe have some Akavir and Maormer or Left-Handed Elves appear in future games as NPCs, then maybe playable races and then we can visit their homelands.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Valenwood is the most likely area to be explored next.

It is located between the Aldmeri Dominion's capital province of Summerset Isle and the Imperial Heartland of Cyrodiil. It is an unwilling supplicant of The Dominion, having been taken in a bloody over-night coup. It is the perfect staging ground for the escalating proxy war between The Dominion and The Empire.

From its description in 'A Dance in Fire', it is as "alien" as Morrowind, if not more so. "Stranger in a strange land" is a theme Bethesda has fallen in love with since Elder Scrolls III, Valenwood is perfect for that.

The region is significant to the story established in Skyrim, and not a total tangent like Atmora or Ak'avir. Let those places remain on the horizon. It's that sense of unknown that makes the world of The Elder Scrolls seem so huge. There will always be an unknown frontier.

Hargood

It seems like a great idea to explore other continents such as Akavir, Atmora, Yokuda and Pyandonea, but first I would like to at least see a southern province and learn more about these continents in modern times. Maybe have some Akavir and Maormer or Left-Handed Elves appear in future games as NPCs, then maybe playable races and then we can visit their homelands.
I always had a thought, that when and if the Elderscrolls ever goes across to lands of legends (20 years from now) that the Akaviry books in Sykyrim (that are thought to be mad ramblings)... actually have base to them. But instead of having Were-Monkeys and Were-Tigers like a comic "World of Warcraft" universe, they are infact other Men and Mer that Hold these animals as "Totem Animals". Kind of like the Native Americans have "Wolf People" or "Buffalo People". Thats would be an interesting Idea.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
I agree, though I would also like to see Elsewyr, as in-game books talk about a war going on between Khajiit and empirical forces. I would really like it if they made a game with the three southernmost provinces together, Valenwood, Black Marsh and Elsewyr.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
I always had a thought, that when and if the Elderscrolls ever goes across to lands of legends (20 years from now) that the Akaviry books in Sykyrim (that are thought to be mad ramblings)... actually have base to them. But instead of having Were-Monkeys and Were-Tigers like a comic "World of Warcraft" universe, they are infact other Men and Mer that Hold these animals as "Totem Animals". Kind of like the Native Americans have "Wolf People" or "Buffalo People". Thats would be an interesting Idea.

Many books talk about how the Tsaesci, who invaded Tamriel more than any of the other races. They say that the Tsaesci are snakemen, and were in Empirical courts during the second and early third era. This leads one to believe that they were at least partially snake. It's possible that they were the original Argonians, even. Maybe the Dragon Tigers were the original Khajiit, and not the Bosmer, as Khajiit religion says. Maybe the Kamal are some renegade group of Falmer that fled to the continent after the Nede invasion, instead of staying at the Chantry of Auri-El or agreeing to become the Betrayed. Then the Ka Po Tun, the Monky-People, are a group of Imga that fled to Akavir. They could all be assorted races of Tamriel that fled to Akavir, aside from the now-extinct Men and Dragons of Akavir.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
If Valenwood is next, remember that it has three dominant races currently. The Mer of the Aldmeri Dominion, Bosmer and Altmer, as well as another beast race, the snooty, Altmer-worshipping Imga. They could be a gateway to new playable races, since if the next game is Valenwood, you're going to want to be able to play as all of the civilized races living there.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
Sorry I called the monkey people Ka Po Tun instead of Tang Mo. Ka Po' Tun are the Tiger Dragons. ALso, I would like to play a game set in the distant past, after the development of Elhnofey, Nedes and Aldmer, but before the Falmer fully devolved, befor the Kothring, Orma and Lilmothiit died off in Black Marsh, before the redguards made an impact in Tamriel, before the Dark Elves became dark and befor the Dwemer dissapeared. Back when Ayleids still ruled Cyrodill and Akaviri invasions were commonplace. All the way back to when the Khajiit were considered mindless, mostly quadripedal, big cats or Bosmer-like elves. That is what I would like to play.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
Valenwood, as a jungle, was home to quite some interesting creatures. A Pocket Guide to the Empire gives us a list of these; "Before man or mer came to Valenwood, it was home to a salmagundi of creatures and strange civilizations. Centaurs, hippogriffs, satyrs, minotaurs, giants, basilisks, fairy folk, hydra, and intelligent apes all flourished there before the first Aldmeri stepped onto its shores."[1] <----- That too.

Hargood

Valenwood, as a jungle, was home to quite some interesting creatures. A Pocket Guide to the Empire gives us a list of these; "Before man or mer came to Valenwood, it was home to a salmagundi of creatures and strange civilizations. Centaurs, hippogriffs, satyrs, minotaurs, giants, basilisks, fairy folk, hydra, and intelligent apes all flourished there before the first Aldmeri stepped onto its shores."[1] <----- That too.
I'd love to go to Valenwood if it had a Gaelic/Pagan/Druidic feel to it. More of a "Pan - The God of Nature" rather than a " Lord of the Rings high Elf". (which should be reserved for Summer Set)

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
I agree, though we will probably se some of that LotR stuff, as Bosmer ar epart of the imperial dominion, as well as some Imga culture, probably similar to Altmer culture. The Bosmer will be like a civilized group of Namira worshipping Forsworn wickens, with some Altmer and imperial culture blended in.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Overly civilized is the last thing anyone would call the Bosmer. They're by far the strangest race of mer and their culture is ritually cannibalistic.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
Overly civilized is the last thing anyone would call the Bosmer. They're by far the strangest race of mer and their culture is ritually cannibalistic.

Not overly civilized, just civilized. They have large cities and culture, plus they are mixed in with the Altmer know, meaning that they must have absorbed some high elf culture.

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
Valenwood is the most likely area to be explored next.

It is located between the Altmeri Dominion's capital province of Summerset Isle and the Imperial Heartland of Cyrodiil. It is an unwilling supplicant of The Dominion, having been taken in a bloody over-night coup. It is the perfect staging ground for the escalating proxy war between The Dominion and The Empire.

From its description in 'A Dance in Fire', it is as "alien" as Morrowind, if not more so. "Stranger in a strange land" is a theme Bethesda has fallen in love with since Elder Scrolls III, Valenwood is perfect for that.

The region is significant to the story established in Skyrim, and not a total tangent like Atmora or Ak'avir. Let those places remain on the horizon. It's that sense of unknown that makes the world of The Elder Scrolls seem so huge. There will always be an unknown frontier.

The wood elves have tree houses correct? That would be something to see indeed

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Not overly civilized, just civilized. They have large cities and culture, plus they are mixed in with the Altmer know, meaning that they must have absorbed some high elf culture.

Mixed, if "mixed" is a nice way of saying forcefully assimilated. After the "war of the blue divide" (which was more of an overnight coup than an actual war) It's reasonable to expect a good number of Bosmer do not care for the Altmeri Dominion, who have essentially made slaves of many of them.

The Dominion has cracked down hard on Bosmer rights and culture, they have come in the night and collected any who voice dissent. They have allegedly started to "purge" the bosmer population of undesirable individuals and their kin. Ironically, these sorts of draconian measures breed the very insurrections they are implemented to quell. While the Dominion may appear to be in total control of every major city, you can be fairly sure that the jungles and wild reaches of Valenwood teem with native resistance to their altmer overlords.

The Bosmer had a culture, and cities. They are not what most men or other mer would consider civilized. They view themselves as the children of Hercine, and their customs and traditions reflected that. Theirs is a culture of hunters, they do not raise livestock, they will eat no plant and fell no wood ( though they will import timber from other provinces). Their cities are organic, amber-crystalline structures. Ancient groves that have grown massive and turned to crystal over thousands of years. The city of Falinest is founded in a grove of gigantic ambulatory trees that migrate seasonally through the jungles of Valenwood. It's pretty remarkable stuff.

And as I said earlier, they are ritually cannibalistic. Cannibalism is not something you find in most polite societies. I would say that before the Altmeri occupation, the Bosmer were about as civilized as The Foresworn. Many people would consider their nature-worship and pagan rituals to be twisted and barbaric.

It's a very interesting region of the world with huge potential for story driven conflict. I really do hope it is the next region they explore.

Stereofanic

The altmer really deserve to live as beggers living on streets for an entire era after all they have done. I mean, what's the point in forcefully growing the dominion if that force breeds hostilities in every province

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Building a fledgling empire is a bloody business. The Dominion have a legitimate fear, the rule of man has rarely turned out well for mer. It's unfortunate that their message of elven unity is mired in racial politics and a hugely inflated superiority complex.

The Bosmer are relatively fortunate. Their numbers and strength are a great value to The Dominion. I'm sure wood elves that have grown in loyal households have flourished under Altmer rule, embracing their place as second class citizens.

The Dunmer and especially Orsimer are not as fortunate. The High Elves view them as aberrations, fit for slavery at best, or to be on mass slain and piled high.

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
One problem I could see with the game taking place in Black Marsh or Elswyer, is that having to put up with conversations with 90% of NPCs that are Argonian or Khajiit would get annoying very quickly. Haha, I think their accents and dialect would get very grating after a few hours.

Valenwood too, though to a lesser extent because wood elves don't speak as annoyingly as Argonians and Khajiit, but I could see how you'd feel like you were in land of the Ewoks or something after a while.

Stereofanic

The way i see it, dunmer care not for the dominion, bosmers are in it against what they belive, orcs consider themselves indipendant... The dominion is a successful bandit clan