• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
if you disenchant a shield can you only put that enchant on another shield or can you put that enchant on whatever item you want?

xsneakyxsimx

Depends on the enchant. All enchantments are limited to certain pieces of equipment. Here is a list of all enchants and the apparel they can be bound to.

thanks. i thought id ask just in case i found a shield with a resist magic enchant. how often do you get poisoned on this game?

xsneakyxsimx

Forsworn, Falmer (and their 'pets') and spiders are usually the enemies that poison you, but while it's annoying it's not too bad a lot of the time. Some of the races do have 50% defense against poison (Argonians, Bosmer and possibly Redguards).

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
thanks. i thought id ask just in case i found a shield with a resist magic enchant. how often do you get poisoned on this game?
All the time, but I usually don't even notice unless it's from a Chaurus. Chaurus and Spiders and Forswarn, those are the ones to watch out for, I find that everything else I recover from very quickly.

Don't forget that most of those dart traps in the dungeons are poisoned and pretty much all forswarn arrows are too.

Daelon DuLac

You can pick up a resist poison item almost anywhere (I don't find them rare at all). I usually find a 45-50 one by level 10 (I disenchant and reenchant something else most of the time - say armor).

Of course, with that, if you're an Argo you are 100% poison resist. As good as a Vampire!

Daelon DuLac

but is it actually worth getting?
It depends. At lower levels, especially on higher difficulties, poison can be rather debilitating if it comes from falmer, spiders, chaurus or foreswarn - not so much from the traps in dungeons though. If you kill a few Vigilan and Silver Hand though you can get potions (or just make them yourself).
Overall, I've never really found poison that big an issue. Just have to be careful to watch your health when deailng with the 4 I noted since they all use poisons that reduce health continuously for about 30 seconds and you can run out really quick.

Nighthiker77

I don't ever bother with poison resistance. Magic resistance is infinitely more helpful. Especially on a shield with the elemental resistance perks. Use whatever you like in both hands, then switch to the magic resistance shield for mage or dragon slaying. I think the Shield of Solitude is one of the most underrated items in the game.