• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

Chadonraz

I just had a rather odd battle involving vampires, Thalmor, Vigilants, wolves, guards and a Legate. And me, of course.

It was at the crossroads near Falkreath Watchtower, where there is a random encounter area.
Three Falkreath guards and the local Legate were heading in the same direction as I, and thus got involved in the battle.

First I saw what could only be vampires (the red drain spell thing is unmistakable) fighting something. At this point the guards drew their weapons, however I couldn't make out whether everything ahead was hostile.
It soon became clear that there were no friendlies there, so I started shooting at the nearest vampire. Only to get attacked by wolves, and then by the vampires.

Arrows and bolts were flying, and I was constantly being drained (the vamps were weak, and the spell did next to no damage). All of the vampires targeted me, and thanks to SkyRe's improved enemy AI surrounded me. I struck them down one by one, while the guards + Legate were fighting something else.

After it was all over, I discovered two Thalmor corpses (took their armor to smelt it down), two Vigilant of Stendarr ash piles (hah) and a bunch of wolf corpses. Plus the three vampires, obviously.

It was quite an intense battle. :Dragonborn:

Chadonraz

I just had my Most Epic Battle ever.

There I was, in the mountain pass near Haemar's Shame, on my way to the Rift Imperial Camp. I had just fought and killed twenty-ish Stormcloaks (long story), so hearing the unmistakable sound of a dragon was not the first thing on my wishlist. Especially since I was in that narrower-than-narrow pass.

To make matters worse, the dragon turned out to be a Storm Dragon (a really strong shock breather that uses Storm Call)! And I was all alone (my horse wasn't going to be much help) - or so I thought.
You know the encounter area past Haemar's Shame towards Ivarstead, right? Well, although I have absolutely no idea what they could possibly have been doing there, Vilkas and Farkas had spawned at that encounter area.

Narrow as the pass was, the dragon constantly landed and took off again, landed and took off etc. I had to keep Clearing Skies every five seconds, as the dragon sure loved its storms.
Every time it landed, the twins dealt some heavy damage to it, and I stayed with my bow throughout the long fight. There was a LOT of shouting, Shouting and flying (my modded dragons' landings and pretty much all other movements will ragdoll NPC and PC alike).

The fight must've gone on for a good twenty minutes - twenty extremely nerve-racking but also memorable minutes.

I don't think I've ever been more glad to see a dragon die (Farkas dealt the killing blow)! I never want to fight a dragon in that pass again...