Fast way to level Alteration Skill and make $ in the process!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TGW

I found the Transmute spell book inside one of the bandit hideouts (see below for spoiler as to where, if you want to know).

This spell tranforms iron ore into silver ore. The second time you use the spell, it turns the silver ore into gold ore (it stops there). Get yourself lots of ez-to-find/buy iron ore and crunch all you like. Plus you can sell your gold ore for a fat profit!

Have fun!

*Possible spoiler location: Halted Stream Camp (northwest of Whiterun within Whiterun hold). I'm not sure if this spell book is random or not.

brandon

or you can turn the gold ore into ingots and make lots of jewelry and make even more money and raise smithing at the sametime. theres lots of iron ore to be found in the game and ive found three mines with iron ore so far.

TGW

or you can turn the gold ore into ingots and make lots of jewelry and make even more money and raise smithing at the sametime. theres lots of iron ore to be found in the game and ive found three mines with iron ore so far.

Exactly. I've been turning mine into ingots and selling but smithing them is even better especially if you're not at Smithing 100 yet.

brandon

Exactly. I've been turning mine into ingots and selling but smithing them is even better especially if you're not at Smithing 100 yet.
even if you are at 100 some gold jewelry will go for 1200 gold

TGW

Definitely. That's why I said "especially if..." I plan on making jewelry too for the extra money.

brandon

Definitely. That's why I said "especially if..." I plan on making jewelry too for the extra money.
im done smithing till i get back on xbox live. i hope what some people said about the smithing tree going all the way around to the heavy side is true because i want a ebony or deadric dagger to complement my sword.without starting at the bottom. my next guy will deff use the transmute spell to get his alteration up as well since he wont wear any armor.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
*Possible spoiler location: Halted Stream Camp (northwest of Whiterun within Whiterun hold). I'm not sure if this spell book is random or not.

It's not a random location, it's always been there every time I start a new character.

brandon