• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What is your favorite city in Skyrim?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Whiterun for the same reasons in the previous post and also for the openness of the city layout.

Plus it looks just like Rohan for lotr :)

White run is nice and it is 2nd on my list for City, with great vendors. 1'st for vendors would have to be Riften Vendor's every where. What LoutisEater said about Falkreath has me ROFL :D . I've had an " Itch " to stick it to that shop owner for a long time. And being a Bosmer his brother is on the list too.

Benthos

Proud Mer
Whiterun:
3 places to sell weapons and armor plus free to use Smelter
1 general shop
1 potions shop and making
1 Inn
Market stalls
The companions (free bed)
Wizard in the keep to buy wizard stuff. and enchant stuff
5000 Gold house (7500) full loaded

and outside of the city there is good hunting and many giant camps withing walking distance

Whiterun just have everything you need, plus Riverview or River-town just up the road is close enough too, extra shops and food cutting as well.
Don't forget the Skyforge and it's utilities as well as the blacksmith's at the entrance. You also get a Daedric artifact in Whiterun (Ebony Blade), you can still utilize the free Breezehome exploit.

Reaper87

吉光
I like Markarth, because of the architecture and the waterfall that runs through it (usually blue sky when I go there), Solitude, because I just generally like the city, and Falkreath, like someone else has said, because of the hunting groun- I mean - forest that surrounds it.

:D

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Don't forget the Skyforge and it's utilities as well as the blacksmith's at the entrance. You also get a Daedric artifact in Whiterun (Ebony Blade), you can still utilize the free Breezehome exploit.
I have no idea how to even get the Deidric artifact in Whiterun. I've been there so many times and nothing has ever come up.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I have no idea how to even get the Deidric artifact in Whiterun. I've been there so many times and nothing has ever come up.

Talk to Inn keepers and ask about rumors.

Daelon DuLac

Talk to Inn keepers and ask about rumors.
Duh! I can be so blond sometimes. I have never even been in to the inn in Whiterun except on the Sanguin thing. Why didn't I think of that! Thanks. They usually don't have any for me. Maybe I'm too high a level now.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Duh! I can be so blond sometimes. I have never even been in to the inn in Whiterun except on the Sanguin thing. Why didn't I think of that! Thanks. They usually don't have any for me. Maybe I'm too high a level now.

Nah. Level doesn't play in. Most innkeepers will offer two types of 'work' dialogue. One is an inquiry for work and the other rumors. Both will produce side quests. Also bear in mind that innkeepers may know more than one rumor. Especially in a major hold.

Daelon DuLac

Nah. Level doesn't play in. Most innkeepers will offer two types of 'work' dialogue. One is an inquiry for work and the other rumors. Both will produce side quests. Also bear in mind that innkeepers may know more than one rumor. Especially in a major hold.
I always get the work ones (the ones provided by the Jarls), but almost never get the rumours ones or they tell me that they haven't heard any. Oh well. I'll figure it out.

Thanks!

Benthos

Proud Mer
I always get the work ones (the ones provided by the Jarls), but almost never get the rumours ones or they tell me that they haven't heard any. Oh well. I'll figure it out.

Thanks!
The rumor to start that specific quest is about the Jarl's kids, even if you booted him out of Whiterun and let the Stormcloaks take over the city, you can still do this quest. You have to talk to the Jarl about his kids after you're told about how his kids are out of control, by talking to him, this will continue the quest and you take it from there. If you booted him out, you can find the Jarl in the Blue Palace at Solitude.

Hey I got that Weapon once ,then yer spose to kill yer friends with it :sadface: Well i JUST LOCKED IT IN A SAFE AND NEVER LOOKED BACK , Friends in SR are hard to come by. And while i'm thinkin bout it I seem to always go against the Dadrea lords when Im givin an order to kill some helpless npc as a
sacrifce just for some lame reward . But different strokes for differnt folks I guess . This game really causes me to check who I 'am in real Life LOL or so it would seem. " Just a game right ";)

RY14NCE

Dragonborn
Hard to choose... If I was to actually live in skyrim I would choose;

Whiterun: Nice place to live, centrally located, I love Jorrvaskr and the companions, nice surroundings and Balgruff is a Bawws.

Markarth: Very impressive, love vlindrell hall and the city feels really safe, if a dragon was attacking, you could shut the doors and go to sleep.

Riften: Love the cosy feel of Honeyside and the town reminds me of Leyawiin and good times playing Oblivion.

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Whiterun:
3 places to sell weapons and armor plus free to use Smelter
1 general shop
1 potions shop and making
1 Inn
Market stalls
The companions (free bed)
Wizard in the keep to buy wizard stuff. and enchant stuff
5000 Gold house (7500) full loaded

and outside of the city there is good hunting and many giant camps withing walking distance

Whiterun just have everything you need, plus Riverview or River-town just up the road is close enough too, extra shops and food cutting as well.

...and lastly, there are 2 shrines (Talos and Kynareth) for healing diseases and receiving blessings, both of which are within about 20 steps of each other.

There is also a homeless beggar wandering the streets during the day, and if you give him a single gold coin, he'll grant you "The Gift of Charity" for 8 hours (10% off all merchant items), which I find useful right before I dump a crap-load of cash on smithing components.

Although the other major cities in Skyrim may have similar offerings, they just can't beat how conveniently located everything is in Whiterun.

(Markarth still wins the award for its stunning architecture, however.)

jarif

Whiterun, its so peaceful and especially since its near riverwood! You dont have to worry about the troubles outside skyrim and its the center of skyrim so its easier for travel

Spleed

I went with solitude,because it's the capital and I love the green plants in it and it have the blue palace and the good views.

Edgeheaded

Dunmer Warrior
I'll say Winterhold, it has such a deep and astounding history.

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
Markarth is the best in my opinion. I remember the first time I went there, I was only thinking of how pretty the horses were( I bought one...Frostbite Spiders kinda did their thing... ). As soon as I got inside though, I was amazed! It's so much fun just jumping off the stairs, and the view from Vlindrel Hall is to DIE for( which I will admit I have done many times. I was just so inspired. ). The quest against the Forsworn isn't half bad, either.

Edgeheaded

Dunmer Warrior
Markarth is the best in my opinion. I remember the first time I went there, I was only thinking of how pretty the horses were( I bought one...Frostbite Spiders kinda did their thing... ). As soon as I got inside though, I was amazed! It's so much fun just jumping off the stairs, and the view from Vlindrel Hall is to DIE for( which I will admit I have done many times. I was just so inspired. ). The quest against the Forsworn isn't half bad, either.

The conspiracy quest was just as good, I just let my Dremora and Uthgerd do the work while I cowered in a corner.