• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Im on xbox, how do we pick up things and move them?

Ah cool

Firstly where is this cabin? I may have killed her already? Was she a lonely old lady/witch?

iirc she was nearby whiterun?

Sent from my GS2 running LSS NeatRom Lite

You would be correct.

Here's a link (with some minor spoilers); it shows a map of where her cabin is located, along with a few goodies you can find in addition to the Alchemy and Enchanting tables in the cellar.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Anise's_Cabin

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Your things don't get taken? That is my main concern about using her cabin, that what I store there would get taken. I forgot about the enchanting table, I will be headed back there tonight...

My character is 34th level and hasn't had anything taken from her stash to this day. The bed is also safe to sleep in, although it will only give you the 'Rested' effect, rather than the 'Well Rested' effect that you'd receive from sleeping in a purchased home or an Inn.

I've encountered a few wandering monsters in the vicinity of the cabin, but nothing too terribly threatening, and fortunately (for themselves) no bandits have ever made it their home while I was away.

yamesholstred

You can pick up things (as in carry them around/ move, drag), L3 on the PS3, hold A on Xbox. You can customize your house, but it is very hard, you have to be precise. You can easily clear a little table at the front door and put loot like gems on it, collect candle sticks and get them in their upright position (I think you can collect candle sticks?), you could try getting a book to stay open on a table, stack some bottles of wine, skooma and poisons. I don't know if they will stay in their positions though. You can easily customize your house past picking the list of upgrades, you just have to have patience. You could put a Statue of Diabella next to your bed, endless possibility.

Note: If you drop everything on the ground that you want to decorate with, leave house and re-enter this will aparently stop them from moving from where you place them. Haven't tested out myself though.

hey i just started playing skyrim on friday i got a lame ? where do i buy my house in whiterun i have lots of gold from looting and what not but i have benn searching all over whiterun and i cant find a house for sale only ocupied homes can any one help please ty

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
You can pick up things (as in carry them around/ move, drag), L3 on the PS3, hold A on Xbox. You can customize your house, but it is very hard, you have to be precise. You can easily clear a little table at the front door and put loot like gems on it, collect candle sticks and get them in their upright position (I think you can collect candle sticks?), you could try getting a book to stay open on a table, stack some bottles of wine, skooma and poisons. I don't know if they will stay in their positions though. You can easily customize your house past picking the list of upgrades, you just have to have patience. You could put a Statue of Diabella next to your bed, endless possibility.

Note: If you drop everything on the ground that you want to decorate with, leave house and re-enter this will aparently stop them from moving from where you place them. Haven't tested out myself though.

hey i just started playing skyrim on friday i got a lame ? where do i buy my house in whiterun i have lots of gold from looting and what not but i have benn searching all over whiterun and i cant find a house for sale only ocupied homes can any one help please ty
Bring the Dragonstone to the mage (Secret-Fire) - you can get it before or after given the quest (doesn't matter). After that Jarl Balgruff will say that, as reward, you are allowed to purchase in the city and talk to his steward. You probably should kill the dragon first though!:)

yamesholstred

Bring the Dragonstone to the mage (Secret-Fire) - you can get it before or after given the quest (doesn't matter). After that Jarl Balgruff will say that, as reward, you are allowed to purchase in the city and talk to his steward. You probably should kill the dragon first though!:)

i killed the dragon got my shout and all that good stuff so now i just talk to his steward to buy my house?

Daelon DuLac

i killed the dragon got my shout and all that good stuff so now i just talk to his steward to buy my house?
Yup. You need to make sure that he's actually inside the palace to decorate it (I think you can purchase even when he's out on the back porch though), usually he's there early in the morning and late in the afternoon.

BG5150

I would not waste money on add the alchemy room in Breezehome. You can use the one located in Dragonreach beside the Enchanting table, just my 2 cents ... ;)
What's it like 500? You get 500 for killing a wolf or bear for the Companions. It's a trivial amount.

Daelon DuLac

I would not waste money on add the alchemy room in Breezehome. You can use the one located in Dragonreach beside the Enchanting table, just my 2 cents ... ;)
What's it like 500? You get 500 for killing a wolf or bear for the Companions. It's a trivial amount.
True, or you can use Arcadia's in her shop without issue. I like my Alchemy Lab at home though. I need the extra bookshelf for all the journal's I collect and I like having the alchemists sack and the barrel outside. Just my opinion. Plus, what am I going to do, leave it as a cobwebbed corner or as a bedroom for children I don't even want? Besides, I have so much money anyhow, I may as well spend it on the conveniences. Now, if I could only add a bathroom. I'm a little tired or having to keep my legs crossed or squat out in front of that old lady that lives behind me. She's keeps trying to tell my fortune while I'm doing my biz!