PC Followers! (HELP!) :)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TrevorFlyleaf

So, I want to get Lydia to follow me, but, she says that I already have someone with me, even though I don't have any other followers. Any idea why this is happening? :)

Indri Master

Dremora
You probably had a follower wait somewhere? Try waiting for 24+ hours.

TrevorFlyleaf

hmmmm.....I did the 24 hour wait inside Breezehome, checked Lydia, and she says the same thing previously before. Then, I waited 24 hours twice outside in Whiterun and still the same thing after I went back inside Breezehome. Any other idea? :sadface:

Indri Master

Dremora
Have you done a quest recently where you teleported to another place on the map? Or are you doing the Companion questline? These may be the reasons why.

TrevorFlyleaf

Have you done a quest recently where you teleported to another place on the map? Or are you doing the Companion questline? These may be the reasons why.
I found a quest, which is ''Proving Honor'' and I have to ''retrieve the fragment''. I'm going to do that quest to see if it will fix it. I've been working on Miscellaneous quest and leveling up here and there.

Indri Master

Dremora
Yeah, Proving Honor sets Farkas as your follower, I'm pretty sure.

Lucid

Yeah, Proving Honor sets Farkas as your follower, I'm pretty sure.

Aye, Proving Honor dismisses your follower and replaces him/her with Farkas temporarily. I do wonder why OP doesn't have Farkas though. Maybe he's just waiting at Dustman's Cairn.