Xbox 360 Good ideas for lighting up a dark room?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

eekutz

I'm wondering if it's possible to light fires at all? I've tried lighting the wood in the fireplace in the Sky Haven Temple, in the room with the beds, to no avail :sadface: and the coal heaps that Esbern is able to light by the wall are found throughout the temple, and sadly, I cannot light them up myself.

The 'armory' room in said temple is also very dark--just wondering if anyone has come up with good ways to bring light into dark places, other than equipping a torch (which do run out). On a side note there, contrary to what I've read, you cannot take torches off of walls. Am I not doing something right?

Anything I'm not doing right, or any tricks that have been learned?

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
You can take certain torches, others you can't. Try equipping (lighting) the torch then dropping it. Did this in Breezehome and it was SO bright i had to remove them.

ItsBenniBlack

Mehti Oba
yes take torches off use the wall of caves they usually are removable.. and use your light the way spell it works awesome

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Or you can simply change the Gamma level in the game play settings.

Kurrus

You can take certain torches, others you can't. Try equipping (lighting) the torch then dropping it. Did this in Breezehome and it was SO bright i had to remove them.

Won't they burn out eventually? Plus the fire marshall might frown on such practices.

ItsBenniBlack

Mehti Oba
lol i carry 14 torches if one burns out im good

eekutz

Thanks for all the replies! I have been doing a few of these things. And I thought I'd mention that after some time doing main quests, when I returned to the Temple, many (I think all) of the wall-mounted coal things were lit, as well as the fireplace/hearth in the bedrooms/mess area, with an added pot cooker thing. The place looks great now, and I'm not sure when this all happened (might have been after a certain Alduin encounter), as now everything in the Temple, even all my things I stored in the chests, are marked as Steal From :sadface: I guess I have to kill a certain friendly dragon to earn the right back to my things... something I'm not sure if I want to do yet o_O

Panthera

Don Gato
I don't have that problem I play Khajiit :)

BeastAndAMidget

A Hardcore Mage
Turn up the brightness?

andrea

equip a torch to one on your hands if you use one handed combat, and equip back the shield only during hard fights, you can do a little block with the torch too btw, or cast candlelight if you want a light that follows you or magelight to have it stick where it's casted