• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Pufftuff

Everyone seemed to react to there new breaths differently. Vladier had hoped nobody had noticed his general ease back into life. Kvothe answered his questions. "My name is Kvothe Usarius." He paused a moment before continuing, "Yirim the Archon, well...he's my brother. Yes, I withheld that from you. No, it didn't matter because it wasn't relevant. No, I didn't realize he was responsible. I was just as...horrified as all of you...maybe even more so. I think we are soe in Falkreath, but I don't know the exact location. From the position of the stars fading with the dawn, we were dead for roughly four months. Who knows what he could have done in that amount of time."

Vladier stood stunned yet amused he found interest in the strangest things, a master of necromacy he was nothing but excited to figure out how they were all back among the living. The young Imperial spoke. "Four months, then. What now? Do we pursue the Archon right away, or try to learn what's happened as long as we've been gone." "If we go right back after the Archon we can expect the same results you buffoon. I'm not willing to bet my life on the off chance that we are magically resurrected again." The old man snapped, "Besides we don't even know where he is or what havoc he has wrecked upon the land. With power like that he choose to stay in Rorikstead, he wasn't being trapped there." clearing his throat the old man spoke to the group. "Since its seems we are stuck in this together. I'm Vladier, you man call me 'Vlad', 'Old man', I'll get the idea." Bowing humbly before the group.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Valin listened carefully as the words flowed out of Kvothe's mouth into this quiet meadow. "My name is Kvothe Usarius." The man paused, nothing surprising there. "Yirim the Archon, well...he's my brother. Yes, I withheld that from you. No, it didn't matter because it wasn't relevant. No, I didn't realize he was responsible. I was just as...horrified as all of you...maybe even more so. I think we are soe in Falkreath, but I don't know the exact location. From the position of the stars fading with the dawn, we were dead for roughly four months. Who knows what he could have done in that amount of time." Valin's fist clenched shut. Four Months. The pack had been without him for four months. This was supposed to be a short little errand run, but look how he ended up.

Valin cared little about how they took down the archon, merely that they did take him down eventually. Valin knew it would take time, and he would need to inform his pack that he would be gone, he needed to find a bird. "Maybe we should find a town, or an inn. The people there are sure to know what's going on by now. That is, assuming we are not the only... living... beings left in skyrim at this point." Valin said. A town would be good, they could regroup. "We obviously aren't prepared to take him on now, we need to regroup somewhere and figure out a plan, and get ready for what is coming." Valin said, He hoped to teach Titus to control himself as a wolf, the last thing they needed was an angry werewolf running about during a fight.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    "My name is Kvothe Usarius." He paused a moment before continuing, "Yirim the Archon, well...he's my brother. Yes, I withheld that from you. No, it didn't matter because it wasn't relevant. No, I didn't realize he was responsible. I was just as...horrified as all of you...maybe even more so. I think we are soe in Falkreath, but I don't know the exact location. From the position of the stars fading with the dawn, we were dead for roughly four months. Who knows what he could have done in that amount of time."

Majir-Dar tried to calm himself but to no avail. He said, directing his speech to Kvothe and Kvothe only, "You... withheld valuable information from the very people that were willing to die for you?! The fact that the Archon is your brother changes a lot! What if you hadn't reacted the way you had!? What if you freaked out or something? You were really so willing to risk the lives of complete strangers? You couldn't have possibly known that you would act so calm and decisive in deciding your brother's fate! The fact you were so willing to kill him makes me worry as well. Also! look around!" Majir-Dar pointed to the sobbing Alice and the rest of the group, "We ALL had to go face demons that we shouldn't of had to face! Never withhold information from me or anyone else in this group again! Your definition of what is "relevant" or not is idiotic at its best!" Majir-Dar then added, "AND ANOTHER THING! The farmers that are going to record our epic failure or success, are either going to forget we ever existed, idealized us, worship us, or hate us!"

Majir-Dar was much more mad at himself and his situation then actually at Kvothe, though he would never admit it to anyone. He was only 19 and he had faced more evil then most would ever have to in a hundred years. He was understandably terrified, facing a god wasn't going to be easy and it would likely mean his and the group's death. And yet here they all were, taking it all in stride. Majir-Dar felt alone in this group.

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    The young Imperial spoke first. "Four months, then. What now? Do we pursue the Archon right away, or try to learn what's happened as long as we've been gone."

Kvothe nodded as Vladier spoke next. "If we go right back after the Archon we can expect the same results you buffoon. I'm not willing to bet my life on the off chance that we are magically resurrected again."

The old man snapped, "Besides we don't even know where he is or what havoc he has wrecked upon the land. With power like that he choose to stay in Rorikstead, he wasn't being trapped there." clearing his throat the old man spoke to the group. "Since its seems we are stuck in this together. I'm Vladier, you man call me 'Vlad', 'Old man', I'll get the idea."

Suddenly the Khajiit spoke, directing his speech to Kvothe and Kvothe only, "You... withheld valuable information from the very people that were willing to die for you?! The fact that the Archon is your brother changes a lot! The young Imperial spoke first. "Four months, then. What now? Do we pursue the Archon right away, or try to learn what's happened as long as we've been gone."

Kvothe nodded as Vladier spoke next. "If we go right back after the Archon we can expect the same results you buffoon. I'm not willing to bet my life on the off chance that we are magically resurrected again."

The old man snapped, "Besides we don't even know where he is or what havoc he has wrecked upon the land. With power like that he choose to stay in Rorikstead, he wasn't being trapped there." clearing his throat the old man spoke to the group. "Since its seems we are stuck in this together. I'm Vladier, you man call me 'Vlad', 'Old man', I'll get the idea."

"Maybe we should find a town, or an inn. The people there are sure to know what's going on by now. That is, assuming we are not the only... living... beings left in skyrim at this point." Valin said next. "We obviously aren't prepared to take him on now, we need to regroup somewhere and figure out a plan, and get ready for what is coming."

Suddenly the Khajiit spoke, directing his speech to Kvothe and Kvothe only, "You... withheld valuable information from the very people that were willing to die for you?! The fact that the Archon is your brother changes a lot! What if you hadn't reacted the way you had!? What if you freaked out or something? You were really so willing to risk the lives of complete strangers? You couldn't have possibly known that you would act so calm and decisive in deciding your brother's fate! The fact you were so willing to kill him makes me worry as well. Also! Look around!"

Majir-Dar pointed to the sobbing Alice and the rest of the group, "We ALL had to go face demons that we shouldn't of had to face! Never withhold information from me or anyone else in this group again! Your definition of what is "relevant" or not is idiotic at its best!"

Majir-Dar then added, "AND ANOTHER THING! The farmers that are going to record our epic failure or success, are either going to forget we ever existed, idealized us, worship us, or hate us!"

Kvothe took all of the words silent, his gaze was as steel. When the tirade ended he closed and opened his eyes slowly. When he opened them they were golden and cold as ice. He spoke evenly, his voice was quiet but infused with fury and power. The air around him swirled with now wind and he stared the young cat down. "Who do you think you are? You know nothing. I have lived as a prisoner in my own body for centuries. Yet you, a child, dares to speak to me as if you know what true pain is."

The Khajiit seemed as if he was about to speak but Kvothe made a symbol to prevent speech. "You will be silent and listen. I was there to save the people from the undead, my brother just happened to be there so it wasn't relevant. I didn't know it was connected. Yet you berate me as if it's all my fault. Our mission wasn't the Archon, but the undead so it had nothing to do with you! Any of you! Do you not understand what just happened? Do you not understand how broken I am right now!?! My brother, a holy hero praised through history, massacred a town; including women, children, and newborns! Did I know I would react the way I did? No! But I resolved to kill him the instant I realized his evil! MY BROTHER! MY ONLY FAMILY!"

Anger escaped as a storm that raged around him and tears flowed freely. "I don't know what's going on and why this is happening! Why my brother has fallen so far! But don't you dare, don't you fluffing dare, judge me or attempt to command me ever again! Because you will cannot understand the pain, sorrow, and hopelessness I feel right now!"

He looked away. silence feeling the clearing as the wind died down. He made a symbol to return the boy's voice and sat down, no longer able to stand and keep his composure. He spoke in a whisper, "You know nothing...you're all so young...so naive..."

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Dolmas released Alice with a soft smile, as she seemed to have mostly calmed down. He grasped her hand firmly, as a last unspoken promise that he was still there, even if he had stepped away.

Then he heard Kvothe break the silence, and Dolmas turned to him as he spoke.

"My name is Kvothe Usarius. Yirim the Archon, well...he's my brother. Yes, I withheld that from you. No, it didn't matter because it wasn't relevant. No, I didn't realize he was responsible. I was just as...horrified as all of you...maybe even more so. I think we are still in Falkreath, but I don't know the exact location. From the position of the stars fading with the dawn, we were dead for roughly four months. Who knows what he could have done in that amount of time."

Dolmas tried again to wrap his mind around the situation. He had tried to once, when he heard the Archon refer to him as brother back at the chapel, along with a friendly sword in the chest. Dolmas didn't have much time to think about then, but now.

There was the feeling of betrayal; of being lied to or used. But those were somewhat unfounded, as the man was just as surprised as they of his turn.

He wasn't able to say a word, as the others began to announce their response to the situation.

First, the imperial mage, wondering what they should do next, and giving good ideas.

Then, Vladier, saying that going after the Archon now would only repeat their previous attempt.

Then the bosmer, Valin, agreed with Vladier's sentiments and decided we should find an inn and see what had taken place these last four months.

Finally, the khajiit growled his displeasure at Kvothe, stating that he should have told them this information, as he felt betrayed. Exactly how Dolmas felt. But hearing it aloud only proved his original point.

Getting upset with Kvothe for not telling them something he didn't know himself was fruitless.

Finally, it became too much for the mystic. He exploded into a fit of rage.

"Who do you think you are? You know nothing. I have lived as a prisoner in my own body for centuries. Yet you, a child, dares to speak to me as if you know what true pain is."

"You will be silent and listen. I was there to save the people from the undead, my brother just happened to be there so it wasn't relevant. I didn't know it was connected. Yet you berate me as if it's all my fault. Our mission wasn't the Archon, but the undead, so it had nothing to do with you! Any of you! Do you not understand what just happened? Do you not understand how broken I am right now!?! My brother, a holy hero praised through history, massacred a town; including women, children, and newborns! Did I know I would react the way I did? No! But I resolved to kill him the instant I realized his evil! MY BROTHER! MY ONLY FAMILY!"

"I don't know what's going on and why this is happening! Why my brother has fallen so far! But don't you dare, don't you fluffing dare, judge me or attempt to command me ever again! Because you will cannot understand the pain, sorrow, and hopelessness I feel right now!"

"You know nothing...you're all so young...so naive..."

Dolmas then felt a mix of emotions as he watched the breton rage about, shouting how it wasn't his fault that his brother turned. That he was just as conflicted about what happened as the others, if not more.

Chalk one up for Dolm!

But there was also something he said. Well, two things, but they went together hand in hand.

That none of them could understand the pain, or sorrow that he felt. That they were too young or naive to know that pain.

Who did that sound like?

Could this man be another tortured soul, like himself?

Dolmas made a split decision, and strode to where Kvothe was, and plopped down next to him. He placed a hand at his back, and the breton tensed. Dolmas was almost put off enough to stop there, but he continued. He spoke to him, but hoping only Kvothe could hear him.

"When I was a boy, barely in my pre-teens. I was playing a game with some children from my village." The mystic looked to him, more than likely confused as to why he said this. Dolmas looked off and continued.

"We decided we could play a game of hide and seek. I was chosen to be it." Dolmas started to choke up a little. "It was there I discovered that I as plagued with a sickness of the mind, a disease given to me by a daedric lord. It was given to me in the form of a murderous split personality, named Valen."

Aww. Your talking about little old me. Make me sound good, Dolm!

"Valen ended up killing those children, doing inhumane things to them that, to be honest, was very similar to what we saw back in Rorikstead. You know, minus the giant bone monster. We were then outcast from our home, shunned by our village and sent to skyrim barely able to keep the clothes on our backs."

Anyone could see Dolmas begin to lose himself in the memories, a tear or two running down his face. He had never told this story to anyone before. But he had a point to make with it, so he had to get through it.

"I had to watch as by my own hand, I carved my parents into tiny pieces. Tore into them with my father's hunting knife."

He wiped his eyes with his sleeve, continuing.

Finish it Dolm.

"You say we don't know pain. That we are too young or naive to comprehend your suffering." He patted his back again, feeling himself get a grip on his emotions.

"I had to watch hopelessly as Valen, using my hands, slaughtered three innocent children, and my own parents, along with any friends I had made in over 60 years."

He pause to let that sink in.

"I came here on a whim; a complete accident, after I locked myself in an abandoned dungeon for three days, hoping I would starve to death. I believe I've had my share of suffering. I know pain."

Leaving it at that, he stood, dusting his pants and grabbing at the broken swords that lay next to him, tucking them into their proper places. He spoke again, this time not caring if the others heard him or not.

"The difference is that I have used it to better myself. I've had endless opportunities to end my life, for the sake of others, but I haven't been able to. Even so, I've done a few good deeds with my existence that made other's lives better."

By Sheo is your speech over yet? I just want to kill the bastard for chopping our head off. Why'd you have to make it so mushy?

He ignored Valen again, and held out his hand for Kvothe to grab.

"You need to work through your despair of losing your brother to the other side; use your pain to better this world. And I'm going to help you."

He then turned to the others, not surprised that they had probably heard his sad story. But he smiled, looking among them. "We're going to help you."

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Valin had sat down again and reclined back. He was calm, relaxed, he was actually enjoying the somewhat peaceful conversation. Then Majir-Dar spoke up. The khajiit began to accuse Kvothe of many things. Valin wished Majir-Dar would stop, but he had done enough breaking up of fights today.

Kvothe began to argue back to the khajiit. Valin stood up as the wind around him picked up. This breton had power, and it worried Valin. The mystic said things of all of them being young and naive. Valin was unsure whether to be insulted or laugh. Valin was over a hundred, he was an older one in the group, but it mattered little. Kvothe spoke of none of them knowing true pain, then with the mention of his brother slaughtering them, like a trigger, Valin blacked out, his body still functional.

Flashbacks, visions, dreams, nightmares, whatever they are, danced in the elf's head. Visions of his Mithron, Valin's brother, burning down the village. Of Valin's mother, a large beam from the house crushing her lower body lay there, burned and dying. Years ago, on the day Valin received lycanthropy, Valin's own brother had killed the entire village that Valin lived in, all by their father's command.

When Valin woke it was only a few moments later. Dolmas sat next to Kvothe. The ranger was happy he hadn't fallen down, now was not the time to cause a seen. Very few in the group were holding it together, and Valin need to remain strong.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Alice cried into Dolmas' chest for several minutes but calmed down after a few deep breaths. She was able to gain tenuous composure when Dolmas let go of her hand and sat down next to Kvothe. Alice couldn't help but want to make Kvothe him feel better when he started crying. So much pain and loss and guilt all bottled up inside. Now it all came out. Alice knew what that was like too. She sat down on the other side of Kvothe and took him into her arms as if he were a child. She used her small but properly proportioned breasts to cradle his head and gently stroked his hair with her left hand, removing her glove to make it more comforting. She held him close with her other arm, close enough to where he could hear her heart beating and feel her chest vibrate when she talked.

"It's nice to meet you Kvothe Usarius." She said softly, as if comforting a crying child. "I don't blame you for not telling us that the Archon was your brother. It only would have made things harder for you. The others feel betrayed because you withed information and you shouldn't have done that but that doesn't matter anymore. The outcome wouldn't have been any different and we know now. None of us can understand your specific pain because none of us are you, but we can empathize. We can at least try to understand. I know it feels like you're the only one in the world who understands but we're all here for you. Even if we don't know exactly how you feel we all know pain and loss. We can help you through this. You also can't blame yourself for what happened. You've got strong magic and you've been alive for a long time so you feel like you should have all the answers, but you know what? No one has all the answers. Not even the gods."

"I want to tell you something and I hope it makes you feel a little better. I can see the future. I see it as infinite strands of time twisting and changing all around us. I'm looking at it right now and there's a million ways this can all end. Do you know which one is the truth? Until one of them happens it's all of them. That means there's always a strand with hope. All we have to do is find it. I saw you, and Dolmas and everyone else go into Rorikstead to find the Archon. That's why I trusted you and that's why I'm not mad at you now. I saw this too. I couldn't see the Archon killing us. The future constantly changes and it's hard to keep up with, but I was able to see that we would need each other. We still need each other, and if we all trust in each other, things are going to be okay. Now, in the meantime, I think you need a glass of milk and some chocolate chip cookies and I just happen to have both. They have the magical property to make anyone feel better you know."

"Shhhh..." Alice said gently as Kvothe continued to cry. She rocked him gently as she listened to Dolmas' story. It was both heartbreaking and incredible. She knew there was something up about this guy but rather than be scared at having a genuine dis-associative identity patient in the group she was relieved. Here was another tortured soul that had to deal with an unfair hand the gods dealt.

Titus let Lyanna take him into her warm embrace, letting her hold him for several moments and letting himself cry before gently pulling back and drying his tears on his arm. The kiss she gave him caused him to feel infinitely better and he returned it. He held it for several minutes and his manhood became hard as rock. It was fully visible but he didn't care. Werewolves had greatly increased sex drive when compare to humans and As a Vigil Lyanna probably knew that. Titus held Lyanna and rocked her gently. He felt guilty for nearly killing her and felt honor bound to protect her in return.

For whatever reason his gear was piled neatly against a pillar of the shrine to Talos. He was still naked but he wasn't that embarrassed. He and Njada Stonearm used to strip naked regularly to shift and run together, among other things. That was back when he and her were still a thing. What was she doing now? What were they all doing now? Four months was a long time to just disappear. Their father most likely thought they were dead, as did their stepmother and two little sisters. They'd be overjoyed to know that he and Alice would be alive but they would get all kinds of what for afterwards. He walked over to his gear but turned around to address the group before changing.

"Personally, I don't get what you all are so mad about. What does Kvothe and the Archon being brothers have to do with anything? There's clearly no love between them. Not enough to matter at least. If we had known they were brothers what would we have done differently? Ask Kvothe to talk the Archon down? Ask him to show mercy to those who still lived? It wouldn't have mattered. He sees everyone but himself and there's nothing we can do to change that. We all know what has to happen here and it's going to be plenty hard for Kvothe. Don't make it harder for him by making him feel guilty. We've all got our own daemons to face here, we might as well try and help each other."

Titus went over to Alice's pack and took out a special enchanted cylinder full of cold milk. He unscrewed the cap and filled a cup while opening a tin of large cookies and putting a few out on a small plate. Alice liked her comforts and utilized enchanting magic to take many of them with her when she traveled. Milk and cookies were simply one of many, others including her favorite quilt, her favorite pair of footy pajamas, her favorite pillow and several others. He silently sat the plate and cup next to Alice and then returned to Lyanna's side. He had forgotten that he was still naked and that the Nord woman had a good view of every part of him. He figured she didn't mind.

Pufftuff

Vladier watched as the Breton he thought was so calmed and composed snapped, "Who do you think you are? You know nothing. I have lived as a prisoner in my own body for centuries. Yet you, a child, dares to speak to me as if you know what true pain is." we are not all as young as he may think. The Khajiit seemed as if he was about to speak but he seemed to choke on his words. "You will be silent and listen. I was there to save the people from the undead, my brother just happened to be there so it wasn't relevant. I didn't know it was connected. Yet you berate me as if it's all my fault. Our mission wasn't the Archon, but the undead so it had nothing to do with you! Any of you! Do you not understand what just happened? Do you not understand how broken I am right now!?! My brother, a holy hero praised through history, massacred a town; including women, children, and newborns! Did I know I would react the way I did? No! But I resolved to kill him the instant I realized his evil! MY BROTHER! MY ONLY FAMILY!"

Anger escaped as a storm that raged around him and tears flowed freely. "I don't know what's going on and why this is happening! Why my brother has fallen so far! But don't you dare, don't you fluffing dare, judge me or attempt to command me ever again! Because you will cannot understand the pain, sorrow, and hopelessness I feel right now!" Kvothe sat down his emotions overwhelming him. "You know nothing...you're all so young...so naive..."

That's when Vladier put it together, sort of, he new he had met the Archon before. But know he was thinking hard and this Breton asked for his help because they had to of crossed paths at some point as well. The old man sat and pondered this thought for a few moments. He walked over to Kvothe and handed his the last of the calming tonic saying, "Drink this the last thing we need is you to go all white light of death on us." then in a whisper. "We are not all as young as we may seem. I've been around for Centuries. I think you knew that I expect to know how soon." The old man left the bottle in Kvothe's hand put a reassuring hand on his shoulder and walked away. "So!" He said loudly to the group. "Why don't we cut the bitching and moaning and figure out what in Oblivion is going on?"

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    "If we go right back after the Archon we can expect the same results you buffoon. I'm not willing to bet my life on the off chance that we are magically resurrected again."

Astius ignored the old man's snapping, continuing to look at the group sans Vladier. Next time, however, he knew he might not be so lenient in the face of the man's mindless noise. As the group all offered their takes on the situation and the discussion gradually devolved into bickering, Astius tuned out the nonsense, until Kvothe broke his train of thought with a loud outburst in response to the Khajiit.

"Who do you think you are? You know nothing. I have lived as a prisoner in my own body for centuries. Yet you, a child, dares to speak to me as if you know what true pain is. You will be silent and listen. I was there to save the people from the undead, my brother just happened to be there so it wasn't relevant. I didn't know it was connected. Yet you berate me as if it's all my fault. Our mission wasn't the Archon, but the undead so it had nothing to do with you! Any of you! Do you not understand what just happened? Do you not understand how broken I am right now!?! My brother, a holy hero praised through history, massacred a town; including women, children, and newborns! Did I know I would react the way I did? No! But I resolved to kill him the instant I realized his evil! MY BROTHER! MY ONLY FAMILY! I don't know what's going on and why this is happening! Why my brother has fallen so far! But don't you dare, don't you fluffing dare, judge me or attempt to command me ever again! Because you cannot understand the pain, sorrow, and hopelessness I feel right now!"

As a few members of the group offered their own sympathies, Astius had two thoughts: one, that it was stupid all the trouble something so petty as Kvothe being brothers with the Archon was causing, and two, that Kvothe wasn't the only one who knew about evil family. "We are not all as young as we may seem. I've been around for Centuries. I think you knew that I expect to know how soon," Vladier said. "Nor are we all naive," Astius said quietly. "Why don't we cut the bitching and moaning and figure out what in Oblivion is going on?"

"Something good finally comes out of your mouth," Astius said to himself before raising his voice to a normal tone. "I agree."

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    The embrace suddenly got awkward when I felt Titus, stiff against my thigh. I felt a little weird, but I kept holding him until he retreated, gathering up his gear and talking about trying to help each other, then coming back to sit next to me, still naked. I couldn't help but notice his manhood; and I quickly looked away. Then I glanced back. It intrigued me; I was still a maiden, but I knew I wanted it, and I knew exactly where I wanted it.

I shook my head a little, looking up to the rest of the group. Majir-Dar was away from the rest of us, looking thoughtful but scared. I decided to go and ask if he was okay, but once I had given my opinion.
    "Look, everyone just stop saying that 'we'll help no matter what', we get the point. I'm pretty sure all of us are going to keep helping Kvothe anyway, so we might as well start planning what to do, rather than standing around here like the witless little idiots we all seem to be!" There was silence for a long time as everyone stared at me. "...Sorry. I didn't mean... We've been four months asleep? What could the Archon have done in that time? What will he do if we don't hurry up and get going?" I yanked Sol from its scabbard and threw it into the ground, its blade holding it upright in the dirt, shuddering as I left it as a message to the rest of the group. "There's my sword. You have it. You all have it. I swear to defend all of you from harm, and ask you to swear the same. In the name of who I assume was Talos, we have to stop the Archon." And I left them there, walking over to Majir-Dar.

"Hey." I put a hand on the Khajiit's back gently, careful not to startle him. "Are you okay? You've said nothing." It occurred to me that I had only introduced myself to Kvothe, Alice and Titus, and Vladier indirectly. "I'm Lyanna. Majir-Dar, right? I can see you're scared. I am too; we all are. We've all been dead for four months, why wouldn't you be?" The cat still said nothing. "...Look, if you ever need someone to talk to... I'm here. I know I'm not exactly old and wizened, but I can help." I patted him on the back, smiling at him as I stood up again, walking back over to Titus.

"So, um..." I crossed my legs and pulled my skirt down, scratching my head awkwardly. "So, are we... are we together now?" Titus seemed to find that amusing. I gave him a playful punch on the shoulder. "Anyway, it's... it's a nice view, but... are you going to get dressed, or do you intend on taking on the Archon by distracting him to death?" I sI'm a racist asshole who doesn't understand boundaries, respect, or basic human decency and I need helped, giving a glance down to his manhood, which was hard again. I rolled my eyes. If he didn't get dressed soon, he was going to distract me to death. Or at the very least, major embarrassment.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Valin rejoined the conversation after Lyanna had given her opinion. "Like I said." Valin said. "We need to find a way out of this place, find out what has happened, and figure out how to take on the archon." Valin said. People were looking at him, it was somewhat nerve racking. "I know of several walled bandit hideouts. They can keep undead out, and we can train there. Unless anyone else has an idea." The ranger said. He agreed with Lyanna, he hated how everyone had made this into a group therapy session. Valin wanted to get out of here, back to the real world. There was the small chance that they were back on earth, but in a secluded place, Valin doubted it though.

Valin looked among the others. Titus was completely naked. Valin looked away. By Hircine! Get some wolf-skin undergarments! The bosmer thought to himself.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Stunned at Kvothe's display of power, anger, and sorrow, Majir-Dar just walked away from the group. Not too far, he could still hear them, but he did travel far enough to think in peace. He considered leaving this group. They all seemed much more powerful and much calmer. Well, except for Kvothe, Majir-Dar had pretty much shattered that man's calm. He could see Kvothe being cradled in Alice's bosom and couldn't help but wander how Kvothe would react when he finally regained some of his past consciousness. Would he thank her? Or would he hate being treated like a child, eating milk and cookies? He did just call them all young and naive. Majir-Dar looked up at the beautiful, green, tall tree he stood beside. He could easily climb the branches and be gone in minutes.

Just as he was about to reach up and start climbing, Majir-Dar could hear someone's footsteps cracking small branches and pine cones behind him. He looked at the girl walking up to him and realized he couldn't place a name. After all the group had gone through, did they even know each others names? She stepped up to Majir-Dar and said, "Hey." As she said this, she put a hand on Majir-Dar's shoulder, "Are you okay? You've said nothing." Majir-Dar wandered if she had been def when he and Kvothe argued. He had obviously said something. It was then that she revealed her name, "I'm Lyanna. Majir-Dar, right? I can see you're scared. I am too; we all are. We've all been dead for four months, why wouldn't you be?" Majir-Dar just eyed her, not with hostility but with curiosity, "...Look, if you ever need someone to talk to... I'm here. I know I'm not exactly old and wizened, but I can help."

It was then that Majir-Dar replied, "I may just take you up on that sometime... thank you." Majir-Dar turned back to the tree. He was torn, just five minutes ago he was willing to leave this group to their devices. But now... he didn't know what to do. He put his hands on the tree trunk, feeling the rough, brown bark, and then he put his claws into its depths and started climbing. He jumped, branch-to-branch, to each foothold he could get into. He climbed like an ant, but faster then a hawk. He looked at his surroundings and realized this was the exact spot he and Aahin talked in his dream. He took the ebony locket from his neck and opened it. He saw his wife's face and upper body and touched the parchment that held the image. He wished he could touch her real fur just one more time.

You know you're much stronger then you think you are.

Majir-Dar nearly fell from the branch he was perched on. He heard his wife's purry voice, but... she was dead. No, you didn't hear wrong. It took some doing but Alkosh let me commune with you. Now listen, don't sell yourself short and don't overestimate your allies. Without you they may very well fail.

Oh, wonderful, now I'm going insane.

Come now, don't say things like that. Have you completely forgotten the gods and their ways? Look, I have to go. Don't leave the group, promise me. You will all come to care for each other.

Why should I pom-

Promise me.

You're being more annoy-

Prom-

Alright! Alright... I promise to stick with the group as long as they stick with me.

Thank you love.

Majir-Dar started the descent down the tree, falling branch-by-branch, grumbling all the way. Aahin always did have have a way of controlling Majir-Dar in ways that he couldn't understand. She obviously didn't have to try, her words alone were evidence of this. Ah well, enough of that. I owe someone an apology.

Majir-Dar reached the land with a soft thud, on a small pile of pine leaves. The smell of pine erupted into Majir-Dar's nostrils, effectively replacing the smell of death which had somehow lingered. He reached the group after Valin said, "I know of several walled bandit hideouts. They can keep undead out, and we can train there. Unless anyone else has an idea."

Majir-Dar ignored the rest of the group and headed straight for Kvothe and said his apology, "Look, you didn't deserve what I said. And you're right, I don't know how you feel and honestly, I hope I never do. I'm sorry." He thought about telling the group about his deceased wife but came to the conclusion that if they became any more depressed they would start jumping on their own blades. Not knowing what else to say, he walked over to a nearby tree and sat leisurely on one of the lower branches waiting on the group's next move. He had his reasons for this, if Kvothe didn't accept his apology and tried to kill him, he could make an easy escape... and there was something about laying down on the ground for four months passed out that just seemed to tire him out.

Pufftuff

The Bosmer spoke up. "I know of several walled bandit hideouts. They can keep undead out, and we can train there. Unless anyone else has an idea." Vladier agreed with a nod. "I've been ready to go since I got that first breath." The old man wasn't here to help anyone feel better, "The Elf has a good point a bandit camp will be secure a well supplied. We can regroup and maybe get a feel for what we have to deal with." Vlad slung his pack over his shoulder. "After you master Elf. If we just start walking maybe they will follow." He motioned for the Bosmer to lead on.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Valin heard the old man speak up and eventually start talking to Valin "After you master Elf. If we just start walking maybe they will follow." The old man said. Valin turned to him, he was a vampire, valin could smell it. "It's Valin, Valin Oakthorn, and where exactly would we go? I have no sense of direction around here. We don't know where we are, where we are going, or how to get to where we are going." Valin said to the man. Valin was all for leaving, but he didn't want to just leave on the chance that some would follow. This was a foreign place to the ranger, and he didn't want to get lost.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Lyanna went back over to Titus after comforting Majir-Dar. The poor cat was so scared and desperate that he just lashed out at Kvothe, then stormed off as if he were leaving the group. Titus knew how that felt. He was keeping a brave face to keep up group morale but he wanted to be alone. He was embarrassed for crying in front of everyone and wanted to run. This was giving him too much time to think and Titus didn't want to think. Alice wanted to stay here and let Kvothe recover his wits before moving. Vladier and Valin wanted to move out and find some place to recover. Titus wasn't sure what to do. Here was as good a place as any to rest but he was holding a lot of pain right now. If he just got up and moved somewhere, he might outrun the pain.

"So, um...so, are we... are we together now?" Titus snickered at this and got a playful punch in the shoulder. This girl was strong. "Anyway, it's... it's a nice view, but... are you going to get dressed, or do you intend on taking on the Archon by distracting him to death?" Titus sighed and then got up to change into his armor. He was happy for something to do. Something besides just sit here and think. He sat back down next to her when he was fully dressed and sighed. He looked at her and the usual fire in his eyes was gone. He felt tired, spent, unsure and uncaring of what to do next.

"I don't know." He said flatly. "I really like you Lyanna but you and I still don't know a lot about each other. Normally I wouldn't hesitate to jump on a girl like you but that's gotten me into trouble a lot. I'm not very good at thinking things through, not like Alice. I died because of that behavior and now I've been given a second chance by a god I really never believed in. That alone has been a pretty big shock, let alone us all losing four months. I have no idea what's up or down anymore and for the first time since I can remember I'm really scared."

He patted her bit of exposed leg between her thighboots and her skirt gently.

"I just feel like I should be more responsable with the chance I've got. I really like you and I want to get to know you better before I commit to something rather than just treating you like another tail to chase. You deserve better than that. Do you understand?"

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    "Everyone just...be quiet for a moment, please." Kvothe spoke quietly at first slipping from Alice's caring embrace. He smiled as best he could and nodded his thanks standing up. "Thanks for the calls of support and the plans for making a plan. But the Khajiit has a point, I should have told you all. Maybe it wouldn't have changed a damn thing, maybe it would have changed everything. Regardless what's done is done."

He looked each of them in the eye and especially the young Khajiit. "I apologize, but here's what has to happen. Yirim has to die. Gods willing it will be by my hand, but I'm not so foolish as to believe I am on or anywhere near his level. I won't ask anyone here for help. Because we may not get a third chance and this is without a doubt a suicide mission. I can't ask you to risk yourselves for this if you aren't invested one hundred percent. I promise to be open and honest with you if you follow me, but understand you will learn thing's that no normal being was ever supposed to know. Things you will have to take to your graves."

"Now," said Kvothe as he looked to the statue of Talos in the center of the clearing. "I know where we are and where we can head. Valin I believe made a good point. We can hold up in a camp temporarily while we gather information."

Waving his hand two portals appeared beside the statue, one on the right and one on the left. "This was once the secret glade where Talos himself came to pray. It can only be found by those who know where it is and can only left by those who never found it. The portal on the right will take you wherever you want to go. Simply think of your destination. The portal on the left? Will lead you down a dark and terrible path; the one I intend to walk. This is a choice everyone must make on their own. Once we have a base to operate from, we can talk further. Get to know your companions as you may die alongside them once again and I will answer any questions that I can."

He silently went and stood next to the left portal and waited.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    The mystic finally pulled himself together, effectively shutting them all up.

"Now," Kvothe said, taking a glance at the center statue. "I know where we are and where we can head. Valin I believe made a good point. We can hold up in a camp temporarily while we gather information."

Ahh. So we're going to live in a bandit fort and put our ear to the ground? Not a bad idea...

He just hoped it wasn't the fort he had remembered from what was now months ago. The last thing he needed was a breakdown. Especially now.

The mystic continued, breaking his train of thought.

"This was once the secret glade where Talos himself came to pray. It can only be found by those who know where it is and can only left by those who never found it. The portal on the right will take you wherever you want to go. Simply think of your destination. The portal on the left? Will lead you down a dark and terrible path; the one I intend to walk. This is a choice everyone must make on their own. Once we have a base to operate from, we can talk further. Get to know your companions as you may die alongside them once again and I will answer any questions that I can."

Once again they were being beckoned back into the madness that had claimed not only thousands of innocent lives, but each of their own lives as well.

Talk about being a sucker for punishment.

Dolmas agreed to an extent. This was a bit risky. He had spoken a big game about helping out though, so he had to follow up.

But Valen didn't think so.

Oh, the offer of death by decapitation comes again! Come on Dolm. Do we really want to go through that again?

Valen attempted for power, and got it, but just enough to turn him to Alice before giving (That's right, giving) Dolmas control.

He clicked his tongue and spoke again, while they both looked at the beautiful seer.

I mean, Do you really want to watch this woman die again? We saw what you did in response last time. You let me take over. Let's be honest. If we hadn't died, there would have been no turning back. I wouldn't have let you back in.

Dolmas had known the score. He knew that when he let Valen tear at the Archon, that he was giving his body away to the madness. But in his defense, he had just watched someone he didn't know, but felt like he knew quite a bit, die by her own weapon.

He was willing to do anything.

He looked to the pair of portals weighed his options. Valen, surprisingly warned against them going down the "Dark path". He even took Dolmas' feelings for Alice and, effectively for him, used them to prove his point.

There were times where they actually agreed on things. Hell, sometimes it actually looked like Valen even cared for Dolmas, like a brother. But Dolmas had a suspicion the insane fool just didn't want to die for nothing.

But he looked at the facts again, and came to a point. Dolmas knew that this was bigger than just Alice. This was bigger than any of them. If he chose to leave, he would only be avoiding the inevitable.

He would die either way, the only difference being the feeling of failure, or the feeling of guilt.

He had to make a choice.

Exhaling, he stepped over to the left portal. To Kvothe's path. The situation seemed eerily familiar, as if this was just a mirror of what had happened when this whole mess started.

Now you're just asking for it.

He stood next to Kvothe and looked to Alice hopefully.

I've been asking for it all my life. Dolmas thought to Valen. But this time it's going to pay off.

Pufftuff

"Everyone just...be quiet for a moment, please." The mystic began. "Thanks for the calls of support and the plans for making a plan. But the Khajiit has a point, I should have told you all. Maybe it wouldn't have changed a damn thing, maybe it would have changed everything. Regardless what's done is done." Kvothe continued to talk. The man kept speaking to the group. The mystic then opened two portals and said, "This was once the secret glade where Talos himself came to pray. It can only be found by those who know where it is and can only left by those who never found it. The portal on the right will take you wherever you want to go. Simply think of your destination. The portal on the left? Will lead you down a dark and terrible path; the one I intend to walk. This is a choice everyone must make on their own. Once we have a base to operate from, we can talk further. Get to know your companions as you may die alongside them once again and I will answer any questions that I can."

Vladier thought for a moment. He was torn he wanted help, but he needed to do research and prepare his mind and his abilities to face the Archon. He decided not to let anyone know that he and the Archon met.....briefly 200 or so years ago during the Oblivion crisis. The old Breton made up his mind, "I'm going with Valin, I'm not bowing out I wish to help you but I don't like the idea of going in blind." he showed them an old ring that was jeweled. "This ring has a soul stone in it. It will allow you to communicate with Valin and I and we can provide help however you need it." Then tossing the ring over his shoulder right into Kvothe's hands the old man walked through the right portal; following the Bosmer to the camp.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    "The portal on the right will take you wherever you want to go. Simply think of your destination. The portal on the left? Will lead you down a dark and terrible path; the one I intend to walk. This is a choice everyone must make on their own. Once we have a base to operate from, we can talk further. Get to know your companions as you may die alongside them once again and I will answer any questions that I can." Kvothe stood, having finished his spiel, waiting the various members of the group stood, mulling their decisions. Two words stood out in Astius' mind: "suicide mission."

Astius absolutely believed the Archon had to die; the man killed innocents, and on such a scale that Astius would have to cut out his eyes to blind himself to the injustice that had been done. But he would just as well have to be blind to go after the Archon at such a sure cost to his own life. There has to be another way, where he dies and I don't, Astius wondered, but what is it?

Suddenly, Astius was struck by thoughts of his divorced family. That cult he had abandoned believed they had the gods behind them and no matter how many of them died, they were infallible as a whole; Astius hated that. The only certainty could be found in rationality, and it disgusted the Imperial that they sought to circumvent cause and effect. They believed that as long as there were men, there was evil. Astius had long reviled this idea, but in all that he had seen growing up, he never truly saw that view personified until just before his death. And in that moment, he realized that he just might be willing to die if only to see the Archon pay - but he had unfinished business. Valin and Vladier both announced that they were on their way to prepare a hideout for the group before stepping into the right portal, and with that they were gone.

Astius swiftly grabbed his pack and swung it over his shoulder, heading for the right portal with resolve. "Find me when you need me," he said, not looking away from the portal. "You're a powerful mage," he said to Kvothe a foot away from the portal. "You should have no trouble." And with that, he was whisked away.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Majir-Dar saw Titus put on clothes, effectively covering himself. It seemed to please Lyanna but certainly not Majir-Dar, he quite liked the man's body and didn't want to see it go. He saw Titus say something and put his hand on Lyanna's exposed thigh, he saw her hurt or angered expression. It was hard to tell human emotions sometimes.

"Everyone just...be quiet for a moment, please." The mystic began. "Thanks for the calls of support and the plans for making a plan. But the Khajiit has a point, I should have told you all. Maybe it wouldn't have changed a damn thing, maybe it would have changed everything. Regardless what's done is done." Majir-Dar cocked his head to the side a bit, he wasn't expecting to hear that.

Then Kvothe continued to talk, "I apologize, but here's what has to happen. Yirim has to die. Gods willing it will be by my hand, but I'm not so foolish as to believe I am on or anywhere near his level. I won't ask anyone here for help. Because we may not get a third chance and this is without a doubt a suicide mission. I can't ask you to risk yourselves for this if you aren't invested one hundred percent. I promise to be open and honest with you if you follow me, but understand you will learn thing's that no normal being was ever supposed to know. Things you will have to take to your graves."

Knowledge no normal mortals are supposed to know? I'm glad I stayed, if Aahin had only said this in the first place.

The mystic then opened two portals and said, "This was once the secret glade where Talos himself came to pray. It can only be found by those who know where it is and can only left by those who never found it. The portal on the right will take you wherever you want to go. Simply think of your destination. The portal on the left? Will lead you down a dark and terrible path; the one I intend to walk. This is a choice everyone must make on their own. Once we have a base to operate from, we can talk further. Get to know your companions as you may die alongside them once again and I will answer any questions that I can."

Majir-Dar didn't need to even think. He jumped down from his tree and walked over to Kvothe, standing beside the oddly tattooed man. "I'll go with Kvothe, no need to make things more complicated then they already are. Besides, knowledge no normal mortal should ever know intrigues me."

Majir-Dar looked at the ground and saw a strange herb. It had an orange, thorny, waxy stem. It was beautiful but looked dangerous. The outside of the petals were pink, but the body of the petals were white. The middle of the flower opened up and multiple smaller flowers popped out of the crevice. The smaller flowers held tiny fruits, they looked like miniscule yellow apples. He plucked a large, moist green leaf from a nearby tree, then scooped the flower out of the dirt as to avoid the thorns. He dropped it in his pocket and looked around for more. He saw none.

After he took the planted flower, he looked on at the confused group. He saw many go to the left side of the portal. Valin and Vladier were going to prepare a fort for Kvothe and those that went with him. While Astius was going to... well he never said, just that he would be ready when Kvothe called. Titus, Alice, and Lyanna still haven't decided. Majir-Dar spoke up, "Though I understand the need, I think those of us willing to fight Yirim should stay together as much as possible. If all of us split up in every-which-way, it could become very hard to meet up again, and time isn't on our side, we already lost four months."