• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    I glanced down at the hand Titus had placed on my thigh, then looked right into his eyes. I was torn; it hurt, what the wolf was saying. He was showing restraint, but that was also a good thing. It showed he didn't just want me for my body; he wanted that little bit extra that made a relationship special.

"Of course I understand." I wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing myself against him and putting my mouth to his ear. "But we died. I died a maiden. I don't want to die again, and especially not a maiden. I want us to be together, and I want it to be more than that." I patted his back roughly, grinning. "Come on, then. Where are we going? Left? Right?"

I grabbed his hand and yanked him to his feet, putting a gloved hand on his shoulder to make sure he was stable. Then I wrapped my fingers around his lightly, and looked at him, waiting for him to choose. I would go left anyway, but I was hoping that Titus and Alice would choose the same path.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Valin gave his attention to Kvothe as the breton gave his speech. He talked about the glade, and opened some portals, and where each one went, and so on. To Valin, it mattered little. Valin had made his portal choice instantly. He wanted to help, he knew he needed to help, but Valin had a pack to protect or at least inform.

Valin walked over to Kvothe. "It was good fighting with you. And I promise, I will be back." Valin said. He walked over toward the right portal turning so that his back faced it. "Yes, I'll be back. You all can count on that." Valin said with a smile as he backed into the right portal and was gone.

In the blink of an eye Valin was back with the group. Their faces expressed many different things. Excitement, confusion, and so much more. All of them ran toward him, yelling out questions. It took a few minutes before he could tell the story. He told them everything that had happened. Finishing with, "And now I'm here, but I know that I must head back to skyrim soon." They seemed amazed by the story. Even the sturdy alrix "the beast" had his jaw nearly dropped.

"I will train, and pray, and become more powerful, and I know Kvothe will contact me when I need to return to him." The pack nodded in agreement. They all agreed that their alpha needed to stop the menace. However, one of them believed this too much. Valin realized that when a voice spoke out. "Well, I'm coming with you." Valin was speechless. It was Cylnia, his wife.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Titus held Lyanna closely when she wrapped her arms around his neck. She wanted him despite who she worked for and what he was. This wasn't what he had expected and it was truly remarkable. He wanted to be with this girl. He had to be with her. Titus was not at all chaste but he felt honored when Lyanna offered him her maidenhood. Alice was also a maiden and like Lyanna she had died a maiden. He didn't want that for his sister again and he couldn't have it for this...incredible woman. After she asked him which way to go he gently took her face and kissed her with passion only a werewolf could feel.

"We're going right." Lyanna was shocked at hearing this but Titus took her soft gloved hands into his hard bare ones and looked at her earnestly. "It's what Alice wants to do and I can't leave her. Now now. Listen to me, we are NOT running away from this. The Archon will die by our hands and nothing, not even a second death will stop us. We're not exactly battle-ready though. We need to find out where he is and build up our strength so we can make a real difference next time."

"Though I understand the need, I think those of us willing to fight Yirim should stay together as much as possible. If all of us split up in every-which-way, it could become very hard to meet up again, and time isn't on our side, we already lost four months."

"If we've already lost four months then another few days aren't going to matter much." Alice said, finally speaking up. She walked over to Titus and Lyanna and gave Dolmas her sexiest "come hither" look. She cared a great deal about that mer and she wasn't about to let him run off to his death. "Listen to me all of you. If we try and take the Archon now it'll end exactly like it did last time. We have no plan and no advantage. What we need is information and strategy. Some rest and training wouldn't hurt either. Titus and I live in Whiterun and there's no better place in Skyrim to find out what's happened since we left. We also have a family, a father, a stepmother and two little sisters that think we're dead. We owe it to them and to ourselves to set the record straight. They have to know what the Archon's done, everyone has to know. Our father is the Harbinger of the Companions and a former Stormcloak and Legion general. He has significant pull in the hold and has resources that we need. I myself command a hundred men in Whiterun and they will help when they see I'm alive."

She looked at Kvothe. "Kvothe, you and I are fellow mystics. We see the world differently than the rest of the world and we both see the stars in the void that are those like us. We hear the whispering from the stars and we see the blazing sun that is the Archon's rage. We can follow him, track him, see his moves before he does. We can keep each other informed even if we're not together and we can call the group members when the time comes. With every innocent your brother kills the good inside him cries out and his sun dims. That sun will eventually become too dim to stand against us and on that day we will act. We will gather and we will strike."

Alice stared hard at Kvothe, knowing that he knew her words were true and that he couldn't hide it. Then she took Dolmas' hands into hers and gave him a pleading look. "Dolmas, please. Come with Titus and I. You have more strength than you realize and I can help you unlock it. My dad'll be really happy that I've found somebody and my stepmom will love you. I need you Dolmas. I need both of you." She stared into his ruby red eyes, the most beautiful Dunmer eyes she had ever seen. She walked over to Lyanna and spoke to her but reached into Dolmas' mind and whispered into it. Valen is a part of you. He can help you, and I can help you.

Titus looked away from Alice and back to Lyanna. "If you come with us we can both make a difference when it counts. You also won't die a maiden. I...I can help with that if that's what you want."

"I'm still a maiden too and if you and Dolmas go with us neither of us will die as such. Plus you get to meet our family. You and Dolmas will like them and they will definitely like you. You and I are gonna be great friends by the way." She said with a knowing smile.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Dolmas looked helplessly at the twins, as they were the last to choose where they were going. He desperately wanted Alice to go with him, as he didn't know how being separated from her now would affect him. He heard Lyanna ask where Titus was going, and He knew that where he went, she would follow.

They were quite a bit away from him, but Titus' reply still reached his ears, and chilled him to the bone.

"We're going right."

Dolmas didn't know what to say. He felt a mix of emotions all rush at him at once.

Betrayal.

Fear.

Worry.

Sorrow.

Each feeling slammed into him like a tidal wave upon the ash, and it felt as if Dolmas' newly given life was stripped of purpose.

It's what Alice wants to do and I can't leave her. Now now. Listen to me, we are NOT running away from this. The Archon will die by our hands and nothing, not even a second death will stop us. We're not exactly battle-ready though. We need to find out where he is and build up our strength so we can make a real difference next time."

The feeling of losing her only eased a bit, but the knowledge of their eventual return did wonders.

But will we both make it to see each other again?

Dolmas looked again to the left portal, which he had committed himself to. He felt that if he followed Alice, he would be betraying Kvothe by abandoning him.

From what Majir said, he was dead-set on sticking with Kvothe. Meaning that he wouldn't be totally alone if Dolmas followed Alice.

But would it be right? After promising to stand by him, would he really just let that all go for the sake of a woman? Even if Alice was that woman?

How much was a mer's word worth?

Alice then turned to the torn mer and gave him a look that could have broken even the most pious priest. A desire he had not known pulled at him, and he felt his fear of abandoning Kvothe fade away. His desire for the woman was almost enough to unplant his feet from where he had planted them.

Was that what she was doing? Trying to convince him to follow her?

She turned to look at the others as she began to speak.

"Listen to me all of you. If we try and take the Archon now it'll end exactly like it did last time. We have no plan and no advantage. What we need is information and strategy. Some rest and training wouldn't hurt either. Titus and I live in Whiterun and there's no better place in Skyrim to find out what's happened since we left. We also have a family, a father, a stepmother and two little sisters that think we're dead. We owe it to them and to ourselves to set the record straight. They have to know what the Archon's done, everyone has to know. Our father is the Harbinger of the Companions and a former Stormcloak and Legion general. He has significant pull in the hold and has resources that we need. I myself command a hundred men in Whiterun and they will help when they see I'm alive."

Dolmas believed her words, but he wasn't feeling as swayed as he believed he would have been.

You're welcome. You need to think with your head, not your heart and lower organ. Besides...I don't like her.

Dolmas reluctantly thanked Valen as he made his decision.

No matter how much it hurt, he had to keep his promise.

She began speaking to Kvothe, and Dolmas thought this to be his chance to say goodbye, and made his way over to her.

As she finished, she turned to Dolmas and held his hands, once again sending the spark from the contact of their skin.

Dolmas fought it off and spoke first.

"If you are suggesting that I should go with you, I cannot. I swore my blades to Kvothe." He said, desperately using his words as a shield against the torturous pain he felt.

Alice played with his fingers, looking unfazed. Did she truly believe she could sway him?

She spoke again.

"Dolmas, please. Come with Titus and I. You have more strength than you realize and I can help you unlock it. My dad'll be really happy that I've found somebody and my stepmom will love you. I need you Dolmas. I need both of you."

Dolmas' feeling of tearing only intensified, as he looked into those piercing eyes of her's.

Wait. Did she say "both of you"?

Alice left him to think, and headed over to Lyanna.

But their conversation was far from finished.

A new voice entered his mind, and the other voices took notice.

Valen is a part of you. He can help you, and I can help you.

A small shock went through his brain as she spoke to him, sending him reeling.

Bitch, I'm not helping anyone. And the only thing your gonna help is getting us killed. Dolmas. March your blue ass back to that portal. NOW.

What was Dolmas going to do? He felt stuck, between his promise and his heart.

He knew that if he chose Alice, Valen was sure to make his live a living hell, even more so than he had before. That alone would have turned him to the portal with Kvothe at any other time.

But this was different, wasn't it?

He made a step back for the portal, Valen and his mind winning for the moment.

Until a quick, unforseen turn was made, and he "marched his blue ass" back to Alice, with a determined look on his face.

He stood beside her as she spoke to Lyanna, and smiled to her.

"If you need me, then you have me."

Valen was remarkably silent, except for a single phrase.

You'll both regret that. I'll be sure of it.

EpicVakarian

I smiled grimly at Alice. I had a feeling she would be like a sister, in time.

Dolmas strode over, stood beside Alice, and promised to follow her wherever she needed him. I nodded to the Dunmer, then turned to Titus.
    "So long as we're coming back to help after we're sorted, then I'll come with you." I grimaced as another thought came to me. "But don't expect me to be all happy and dandy with your family, because I'll just be remembering how you died. And I'm not looking forward to it."

I turned to Kvothe.
    "I'm sorry, Kvothe. We'll come and find you whenever you need us. Trust me, I'm not letting the Archon just walk away." I refused to think of Kvothe as the Archon's brother; it would just make things even more difficult than they already were. I gave the mystic a quick embrace, then gave a nod to Vladier, Valin and Astius, finally coming to Majir-Dar.
    "You stayed." I smiled down at his face, barely four feet from the ground, and gave him a pat on the back. "Good. We're going to need all the help we can get." I glanced around at the group, then came back to Titus, Alice and Dolmas.

"Come on, then. Let's go; you need to see your families and we all need to prepare." I didn't need to say what we were preparing for; the fact that Kvothe had referred to it as a suicide mission didn't make things any better.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    "No! Absolutely not!" Valin's voice was loud and commanding. It echoed throughout the clearing.
    "Oh come on!" Cylnia replied.
    "I won't put you in the way of danger!" Valin explained.
    "Oh, but you can handle it? What if you die? What I... or even the pack do then?!" She said.
    Valin couldn't think of a reply.
    "You didn't marry some helpless girl. You've already died by the archon's hand once. If it happens again, I doubt any god will save you! So by Hircine I will be dieing with you." she argued.
    "I.. I.." Valin was speechless.
    "She has a point." Alrix the beast said with a smirk. Valin shot him an angry glance.
    "Oh calm down, he didn't mean anything by it." Cylnia began. "Listen, the pack needs you, I need you. There's no way we're gonna let you face this alone." She said. Her tone much kinder.
    "...Fine!" Valin said, he didn't like people telling him what to do. "Alrix, you will be in charge while we're gone, and we will be back!" Valin said.

The pack had gathered around by now. They needed to get things in order for their leave. "Everyone listen up!" Valin said. "there are more and more vigilants everyday! Me and Cylnia will be fighting with one, and we'll do our best to get us an agreement." Valin said. "Until then, we need to be prepared. We need to set up platforms in the trees. Everyone will have their own, and we can use them as vantage points in a fight. I will be training Cylnia in preparation of the journey, I will also train Alrix, Dar'nasien, and the twins. Valin didn't know when kvothe would call him, but Valin had to train his pack.

"I suggest everyone get some sleep. It's going to be a long day tommarow."

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Titus was feeling an uncomfortable mix of fear, stress, worry, lust and excitement. He wanted to step through the portal right now and get back home to face his family again. He wanted this to be quick. Lyanna gave Kvothe a quick hug and promised she'd return before walking over to Titus. He took Lyanna's left hand, gripping it tighter than he meant to, and was about to step through the portal when Alice rested a hand on his shoulder, beckoning him to stop. This only heightened his anxiety, already betrayed by his heart rate, but he knew that this was important. "Wait a sec." She said softly.

Dolmas had proclaimed that where Alice went he would follow. Valen was not at all happy with this and told them he would see to it that they both regretted it. Due to Alice's mystic gifts she was able to hear Valen as clearly as Dolmas was. By communicating telepathically she was able to talk to him even when Dolmas was in control of their shared body. This meant, she reasoned, that she could help control him and she planned to do so right now. She had let his first comment go because she wanted to give Dolmas a chance to stand up to him. Alice Psyrakon did not respond well to threats however and when Valen's second comment demanded correction.

Listen up you little toad because I'm only going to say this once. I can hear you and I can talk to you and I'd wager that's something you and Dolmas have never encountered before. That means that while I'm around you no longer have free reign in his head. I know many, many ways to torture a person's mind and I can do it without endangering Dolmas. That's the downside of a split personality but you never thought of that did you? Here's a little taste.

Valen's mind was invaded with an extremely irritating scraping noise, like iron nails being dragged across a pewter plate. Dolmas only heard an echo of Valen's dose, enough to give him a little satisfaction of the irritation his alter-ego was undergoing. She gave a sly smile to the mer and saw he was clearly enjoying this. Her body meanwhile was walking over to Kvothe.

"This isn't goodbye Kvothe, it's good luck." She said with her mouth, giving him a sincere hug. Relegating the scraping noise production to the back of her mind she opened the front of it to the mystic.

Your light knows mine. Seek me out and I will hear you. You are not alone Kvothe.

She walked over to Titus and gave him a small nod. He understood that she would wait for Dolmas but they would be right behind him and Lyanna. Titus took a deep breath and stepped through the portal with Lyanna to Whiterun. His home.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Titus and Lyanna had begun toward the portal, but Alice stopped them, and was now heading in Dolmas' direction.

What was she doing?

She stood before Dolmas, with a serious, almost hostile expression. Dolmas was about to question it, when Alice's voice rang out in his head once again.

Listen up you little toad because I'm only going to say this once.

Dolmas was shocked by her statement, and was about to tell her so, but she cut him off.

I can hear you and I can talk to you and I'd wager that's something you and Dolmas have never encountered before.

Now Valen was in awe. She was talking to him, something he didn't anticipate.

No matter. He wouldn't let this one-trick bitch run him off.

She showed signs of hearing that, and her brow furrowed, but she continued.

That means that while I'm around you no longer have free reign in his head. I know many, many ways to torture a person's mind and I can do it without endangering Dolmas. That's the downside of a split personality but you never thought of that did you?

Valen had heard enough.

You think you can lord over me because you have swept Dolmas off his feet? No! You listen here. I have been in this body for over half a century, and I be damned back into the Shivering Isles before I let some self-righteous whore run me out.

He continued his rant, feeling a bit proud.

But if you think you have what it takes, show me! Prove to me your not just some fancily dressed bar-wench with a death wish.

Dolmas looked in awe of the battle the two were having over his mind. He had never seen anything like it, but he desperately wanted it to stop.

He looked to Alice, showing his pain, and spoke.

"Do it."

After a moment of silence, Alice spoke again.

Here's a little taste.

Valen was about to make another comment, when he fell silent. After a moment, Dolmas could hear sounds coming from inside his head, different then those he had been used to. This sound was a sharp hiss and whine, like a pewter fork scraping on a glass plate.

But he couldn't hear it for long.

After another few moments, Valen began to scream. Horrifying, piercing shouts came from the madman within him, and he could feel Valen clawing at Dolmas' subconscious, trying to hurt him, so Alice would stop.

But it wasn't working.

Valen shrieked in pain for a few more moments, and Dolmas looked to Alice in shock, but also in delight.

He was enjoying this!

Alice smiled slyly at him, then walked toward Kvothe, but the scraping only continued.

Finally, after a minute or so, the noise stopped, but Valen didn't speak. It was quiet again.

Alice came back to tell her brother to go, and Dolmas took this time to speak to Kvothe.

He stood before him, his hand on the mystics shoulder.

"I know I made a promise. I swore my swords to you, and it seems I am throwing it away. But I swear to you, on my honor and mind, that I will return. I will make good on my word."

He stepped off toward Alice again, but looked over his shoulder at Kvothe.

"You know where to find me."

With that, he headed for Alice, holding his arm out for her to grab. She smiled and did so, and they headed for the portal.

And in a split second, they were gone.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Astius breathed out slowly as he opened his eyes and saw before him the entryway to his fortress of a home, nestled away in a natural crevice on the northernmost edge of the Colovian Highlands. He looked back, out at the daylight streaming between the trees of the forest, hearing the trickle of a stream that ran nearby from higher up in the mountains, feeling the air that was somehow just different - it wasn't cold like Skyrim's, and it felt thick and rich. Home.

He stepped forward, feeling for the metal doors and finding them; he put his palm to a smooth metal plate that functioned as his lock, created by both mechanical and arcane know-how, and an understanding of how to make the two work together. He had studied the soul gem traps in the Nordic ruins he had visited, and after figuring out how one could make a full soul gem release magical energy, reversed the process. He sent out the tiniest bit of his magicka in the form of a little heat in his palm and the enchanted plate sucked it in and triggered a response that caused the doors to creak open on the power of hidden motors.

The Imperial walked down the hallway a little ways, coming to the main door to his living space. He pushed through, and found that everything was as he left it; in this room, his den, books covered the walls, breaking only where there was a gas light in the wall. His fireplace sat stocked with wood. Astius sat down on the leather couch, an addition somewhat incongruous with the rest of the decor, on the wall opposite the hearth. He casted a ball of flame onto the waiting fuel, causing it to immediately roar up and warm the cool subterranean air. He set to unlatching the mechanical fasteners on his armor pieces at a slow pace, somewhat drowsy from having just woken up from death; he laid first the bracers on a nearby table, then his leg plates and chest piece. He would put them in their designated spot later, but now he had to rest and think.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Titus, Alice, Lyanna and Dolmas appeared in the Wind District of Whiterun. It was early evening, around six or seven, and they were in front of a well, looking at House Grey-Mane. The twins' father Simus had bought it from the Grey Manes ten years ago after Vignar became Jarl and the family had moved into Dragonsreach. Simus and Carlotta Valentia had gotten married, much to the delight of her little Mila and his little Cilla, and their two families had become one. They needed a bigger house to accommodate everyone and House Grey-Mane was a good choice.

"Home sweet home." Alice said nervously. It looked exactly the same as it did four months ago, not a stone out of place. She couldn't say the same for the people inside the house and that worried her. "You first." Titus said, having the same concerns.

"Thanks buddy." Alice said sarcastically. She walked up to the door and took a deep breath, remembering that this was her family and not some enemy she was greeting. Even if they were mad at them for disappearing they would be overjoyed at their return. She gave three loud knocks and footsteps were produced on the other side. Slowly, the door opened and Alice was greeted by Carlotta. She was in her usual work dress but had on a pair of soft pink slippers. She was completely stunned at seeing her oldest stepdaughter.

"...Alice?" She asked slowly.

"Hi mom." Alice said. After a moment's pause Carlotta took Alice into a bone-crushing hug and started to cry with joy that only a mother could feel. Alice, now able to release her emotions, returned the hug and cried as well. "Alice! Oh thank the gods, Alice! It really is you! Where in Oblivion have you been!? We all thought you were dead after what happened in Rorikstead! Where's Titus!? I have to see him!"

"Hey there." Titus said, stepping forward. Carlotta grabbed him by the hair with her left arm and hugged both her stepchildren tightly. "As for where we've been we..."

"Never mind that now." She said. "Save it for when your dad gets home which'll be soon. Now get your little butts inside, it's cold out here. Mila, Cilla and I already ate but we'll find you something to eat."

"Hold on a second." Titus said and pointed to Lyanna and Dolmas. "Those two are with us. They're Lyanna and Dolmas. We met them in Rorikstead and they're...special to Alice and I. Can they come in too?"

"Oh..." Carlotta said, looking at the young female Nord and male Dunmer and putting two and two together. She looked at Alice endearingly and they shared another hug. "Oh sweetheart! Yes! Yes, of course they can come in! Oh your dad'll be so happy that you've found someone and that you Titus have found somebody new since Njada." She looked to the confused pair still out in the street. "Please, come on in and make yourselves at home. Alice and Titus' little sisters are in the kitchen and they'll get you both something to eat."

The house was built in the old Nord style of large, well lit rooms supported by many wooden pillars. Overall it was quite welcoming and there was a warm fire pit in the living room. Cilla and Mila were both in the living room and gave their older siblings huge, tearful hugs when they saw them. Both hugged one, then switched off too the other. Both girls were about twenty and Cilla was in a smithing dress similar to Adrianne Avannici. She was an apprentice under her so it was fitting. Mila was in a dress similar to her mothers and had grown into a beautiful young woman that looked quite a bit like her mother nowadays. Cilla looked similar but was a bit taller and wore her brown hair in a ponytail while her sister wore hers straight down. Both girls had their hair to their shoulders. Soon enough a meal of bread and venison chops was produced, along with some boiled potatoes and mead. Mila ushered everyone into the kitchen when it was ready.

"Please, make yourselves at home and eat as much as you like. Simus'll be home soon and then you can tell us where you all have been. In the meantime Dolmas and Lyanna, why don't you tell us a little about yourselves. Titus brings a date home often enough but this is rare for Alice. Two in the same night is unheard of!"

(OOC: Hope that's enough for you guys to work off of. I'm crunched for time and need to write more later so sorry about that."

EpicVakarian

I smiled as the woman tearfully hugged both Alice and Titus, waiting for the happy reunions to run past. I recognised their mother from somewhere, but I couldn't think where from. All I could think was that she was beautiful, despite her age.

Titus introduced Dolmas and I, and his mother simply said,
    "Oh..."
    I gave an awkward little wave as the woman's eyes swooped over the both of us. I was slightly worried for a moment, but then she welcomed us in, mentioning a girl called Njada. I made a mental note to myself to ask Titus about her later.

It turned out that both Titus' sisters were beautiful. Mila looked like a younger version of her mother, and Cilla looked similar to Alice but was wearing a blacksmith's dress. I smiled at them both as they served the meal; bread, potatoes, mead, and a beautiful, dripping hunch of venison. I dug straight into the food; being dead had a way of making you hungry.

"Please, make yourselves at home and eat as much as you like. Simus'll be home soon and then you can tell us where you all have been. In the meantime, Dolmas and Lyanna, why don't you tell us a little about yourselves? Titus brings a date home often enough, but this is rare for Alice. Two in the same night is unheard of!"

I gave Titus an Oh really? glance, and swallowed the huge bite of venison and potatoes I had taken, washing it down with a swig of mead before speaking.
    "Well, I was born in Markarth." I hesitated for a moment, not sure whether I should reveal the nature of my birth. I decided that for now, it wasn't a good idea. "I lived there until I was nine. Then... the circumstances wouldn't let me stay any more. I had to run away, so I tried to go north to find Solitude. Instead, a... group of warriors and historians took me in, raising me as their own and teaching me everything I know." I figured telling the family about the Vigilants wouldn't be so good an idea either, seeing as how Titus was a lycanthrope and his father probably was too. "So, I learnt to fight, I learnt to live, I learnt to smith and craft." I smiled at Cilla over the table. "I made my sword, enchanted it, and so on. I left my friends, traveling Skyrim and helping against any threats. Eventually, I came to Rorikstead, and met these two." I gestured to Titus and Alice. "The rest, I suppose, should wait until everyone's here." I grimaced at Titus, Alice and Dolmas.

I returned to my food. I was starving, and was suddenly embarrassed at how I must seem to these people. Titus and Alice return after four months, with me and Dolmas. Me, a Nord woman taller than Titus and still dressed as I had been in Rorikstead, and Dolmas, an ever-so-slightly psychotic Dunmer with a hint of schizophrenia. My clothes, especially, weren't exactly perfect. They weren't designed for this sort of thing, and I was forced to sit on my cloak to stop it flapping about with my movements; it would distract everyone if rose petals suddenly burst from thin air around my cloak, and I didn't want Dolmas' story to be ignored. So, I sat at the table, with crossed legs to account for my skirt, looking down at my food awkwardly as I ate it, waiting for Dolmas to give his story to the group.

Pufftuff

Vladier came through the portal, a little shocked, he looked around to see Valin. He was surrounded by a group, Vladier was confused he followed the Elf he thought to a bandit encampment. He realized quickly that they were not in Skyrim anymore. The trees all around were massive, stunned by the beauty and tranquility of the forest he almost forgot. Valin lead a pack of werewolves.....Vladier realized that the pack would smell him any minute, all he could hope for was that Valin did indeed have enough control over his pack or the Breton was sure to die.

Vladier thought about introducing himself for a moment, but he didn't wanna startle anyone. He stayed quite and focused his hearing on everything but the conversation. He didn't want to be rude or anything. Vladier pulled out his ornate flask and took a sip sitting down, remembering what it felt like to feel, life around him instead of the usual darkness and death.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    The pack had fallen asleep, completely oblivious to another that walked among them within the very clearing. Things were usually peaceful at night, but tonight Valin woke early. He was cursed by the constant nightmares shown to him by Hircine.

Valin dropped down a nearly two story height from his hammock to the ground. The ranger was shirtless, wearing only some wolfskin pants. He grabbed his bow and strolled over to a spring nestled in the corner of the clearing. He sat down and began to drink the fresh, clean water.

Then, with the slightest adjustment of the wind a smell caught his nose. His wolf paw tattoo seemed to glow a bright red as he focused his senses, Vampire.

In the blink of an eye the bosmer had his bow drawn and pointed at a familiar face. A smirk came to the werewolf's mouth as he saw Vladier, the old man.

"Well, I can't imagine why your here."

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Dolmas stood in awe of the woman who had come out in the dress and pink house shoes, as she seemed to drop everything and just pull the twins into a hug that made Lyanna smile.

All it did for Dolmas was make him uneasy.

Inevitably, the reunion was done and the pair of outsiders were presented to Alice and Titus' parents.

"Oh..." Was all she said, and Dolmas' brow furrowed. That was that then, she was going to the obviously troubled dunmer out on his ear.

To his surprise, her eyes went wide and she turned to face Alice, hugging her again.

"Oh sweetheart! Yes! Yes, of course they can come in! Oh your dad'll be so happy that you've found someone and that you Titus have found somebody new since Njada."

Dolmas was confused , and the look on his face amplified that point a hundred fold. Why did she seem to flip flop so fast?

"Please, come on in and make yourselves at home. Alice and Titus' little sisters are in the kitchen and they'll get you both something to eat."

The four came in from the street, and immediately Dolmas was hit with a something that he hadn't known. The air in the home was warmer than it was outside, but it wasn't from the cooking fire. There was something there that made the air thick and hard to breathe. Before Dolmas could discern what it was, the woman from the door came back with what seemed to be venison. Then the smell hit his nose, and his mouth water.

That was definitely venison, and it was the best he had ever seen or smelled. It might have been from his recent bout with death, but he was surprisingly famished, and the sight of the meal only doubled it. She sat it at the table and the others all gathered around it, and began to eat. The woman spoke again, smiling, as she seemed to be humored by how Lyanna and Dolmas seemed to be tearing into their food.

"Please, make yourselves at home and eat as much as you like. Simus'll be home soon and then you can tell us where you all have been. In the meantime, Dolmas and Lyanna, why don't you tell us a little about yourselves? Titus brings a date home often enough, but this is rare for Alice. Two in the same night is unheard of!"

Dolmas didn't need to hear he twice, as his starved body tore for the food, a sign that the man was near feral. OR at least, something close to it. But his mind was still listening enough to realize she had asked Lyanna and himself to speak about themselves.

THIS will be interesting. I may not have to do anything to muck this up. YOU'LL do it for me.

Glad someone is enjoying themselves.

Dolmas was going to speak, or probably more like stammer, but Lyanna beat him too it.

"Well, I was born in Markarth." She seemed to pause, probably trying to filter what she said. Lyanna didn't seem like the secretive type, at least not to an large extent, but she seemed to be holding back. "I lived there until I was nine. Then... the circumstances wouldn't let me stay any more. I had to run away, so I tried to go north to find Solitude. Instead, a... group of warriors and historians took me in, raising me as their own and teaching me everything I know." Dolmas' belief that she was filtering her story was confirmed wit hthat last statement. He wondered why. Then the realization slapped him in the face, nearly causing him to scoff at himself disbelievingly.
    Titus was a werewolf. She had ties to the Vigilants. Obviously that was a rune trap to watch for. She continued. "So, I learnt to fight, I learnt to live, I learnt to smith and craft. I made my sword, enchanted it, and so on. I left my friends, traveling Skyrim and helping against any threats. Eventually, I came to Rorikstead, and met these two." She pointed to the twins, and continued. "The rest, I suppose, should wait until everyone's here." She then looked to us, showing a grim look.

Anyone who had been through what they had and that were expected to tell of it would.

After another bite, Dolmas realized the torch had been passed to him, and it was his turn to tell about himself. He swallowd hard, thinking about how we was to respond.

He was NOT going to unleash the beast of the story again, especially for strangers, no matter how important they were to Alice.

He took the easy road and followed Lyanna's example.

"I wasn't born in Skyrim. I was born on the Isle of Solsteim, in a village around Raven Rock."

What next?

"I was an only child, to a mother and a father, who loved me dearly. Much like Lyanna, unfortunate circumstances came into my life and caused the deaths of my parents. I've been on my own ever since."

Dolmas reached for Alice's hand, for support, and continued, a carefully falsified smile playing upon his lips.

"I found my way to Rorikstead on accident, and ran into these three while we were there." He paused and looked to Alice again, smiling softly. "I haven't left their sides since."

He looked back to his hosts, hoping that would be enough.

"But I am of a mind with Lyanna. The rest should wait until everyone is present. It is quite the tale."

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    Kvothe listened to all conversations silently, nodding or shaking his head at the small comments offered in his direction, and soon people began to disembark. It seemed for now many would go their own ways to prepare and ready themselves, gathering information and allies. He couldn't blame them for a bit of rest after what they had been through. He looked to Majir-Dar and nodded, "Seems like it's you and me for now. Follow me."

He walked through the portal after signalling a farewell to the others. What would come next would be the most brutal quest any had ever endeavored upon. The fate of the world rested on their shoulders. He stepped through the portal with the Khajiit, in an instant they were in a warm room; a library from looks of it. If one looked outside you could see snowy mountains all around and that you were in a tall tower. This secluded bastion was Kvothe's home. "Feel free to look around, just...mind some of the artifacts...and statues, and books. On second; don't touch anything. You can rest by the fire. I need to grab some things."

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Kvothe and Majir-Dar stepped through the nearby portal. The warm liquid-like substance enveloped them both and sent them traveling through space. Majir-Dar's body seemed to distort and break apart as they traveled, and seconds later he was reassembled as they left the portal and stepped on top of a hardwood floor.

It looked like Kvothe and Majir-Dar were in a library, there were books scattered neatly around the house on shelves, tables, and some were inside cabinets. But there were also strange artifacts, everything from sun carvings to small statuettes of a long dead deity. Majir-Dar was about to swipe a small gemstone but Kvothe stopped him by saying, "Feel free to look around, just...mind some of the artifacts...and statues, and books. On second; don't touch anything. You can rest by the fire. I need to grab some things."

As Majir-Dar glided over to a cushioned chair by a roaring fire, he said, "Cozy little place you have here, nestled in the mountains I imagine. It must be a problem when you want to bring friends over for a nice cup of tea, mead, wine, or whatever you old ones drink these days." Majir-Dar reached the chair and sat down on its large, purple cushion. He sank into its depths slightly and tried to rest his restless legs. "While you're grabbing things, do you happen to have any Moon Sugar in this house of yours? It's been awhile since I've felt the pleasure only the Gods can provide."

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    Kvothe nodded as he rummaged about. "Check down the hall out the door to your right. You'll find a flight of stairs after two doors on the left hand side. Descend two levels then turn left, then right, and go down three doors. You'll be in a large dining room. Cross it and the kitchen will be there.

He had spoken very, very fast and turned to see a confused look in the Khajiit's face. He smiled for the first time since he had been...killed. And nodded, "On second thought there might be some in here. Check through that door over there."

"It's my alchemy room," he pointed to a door situated between two massive bookshelves. "There's bound to be some in there, help yourself but don't have too much. I'd rather not have my guest go moon crazy."

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Astius paced the stone terrace overlooking the Jerall Mountains from where his Dwemer home let out into the open air, by way of a large elevator. It was a warm night, and the stars shone brightly, accompanied by the enchanting light of Aetherius that laced across the horizon like shimmering silk ribbons. A gentle breeze carried the smell of pines between the mountain peaks, toying with the folds of the Imperial's casual garb, black linen trousers with the same white shirt he wore under his light armor. Something nagged at him and would not let go.

He sat on a stone couch near the tall doors to the elevator, stretching out his lean figure and looking out over the shadowy landscape. He was home on the pretense of unfinished business, but only now did he have a good chance to really look inside himself and think things through. For all that now troubled him, Astuis was glad in this fact. Most people thought he was an emotionless block of granite - and he was, when it came to business. He did not act on feeling, he acted on fact. But the Imperial could be happy, and what made him happy was thinking. No matter the problem that faced him, he took joy in the mental effort expended. So, he asked himself, why am I here?

Other than not wanting to embark immediately on a suicide mission, I need to finish what's been started before taking this on. And what was started, the Imperial thought? My family. The fact had never been lost on him, all the time since he had escaped that cult, but he would never truly be free until they were dead and gone. Astius had never been one for relationships, and to that past could be attributed at least some of his reluctance. He had known his whole life, but now it was at the forefront of his mind; he felt a sort of solace in the fact that soon, once and for all, he would be free.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    "It's my alchemy room, there's bound to be some in there, help yourself but don't have too much. I'd rather not have my guest go moon crazy."

Leaping off the cushioned chair he was sitting on, Majir-Dar walked towards the door Kvothe pointed to. As his furred legs went ever onward to the alchemy room he said, "You know, with a bit of moon sugar and one good night, I could make that smile last a lot longer."

Opening a carved oaken door, Majir-Dar peered into the alchemy room. It was quite large, with containers filled with nearly every ingredient an alchemist could want. After a few minutes of searching, Majir-Dar found the holiest of Khajiit substances. He picked up a nearby wooden bowl, scooped some of the fine white crystal powder, and walked out of the room proudly and triumphantly.

Majir-Dar took no heed to Kvothe's warning and took more pinches of the sugar than was necessary to feel the effects of the Gods, and as he did so, a long shiver overcome him. It came from the small of his back and rolled up his body. After a few seconds had passed and the shiver left, he looked at Kvothe, with his eyes slightly dilated and a stupid looking grin on his face.

"Thanks for this, I can't tell you how much this means to me. Or maybe you already know. Anyway, what are you looking for here? It must be rather important."

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Carlotta and the girls sat at the clean wooden table and listened to their guests, eager for any clues or answers of where their Alice and their Titus had been all this time. Alice had sat down between Dolmas and Cilla. She put her arm around her little sister lovingly and used her other hand to hold Dolmas'. Both points of contact were very different but they both felt wonderful. Refreshing. Loving. Both were enough to make Alice take her gloves off so Cilla could feel the warmth of her older sister's hand and Dolmas could feel them for the first time. Lyanna was the first to speak up.

"Well, I was born in Markarth." She seemed to pause, probably trying to filter what she said. For both twins the reasons were obvious. "I lived there until I was nine. Then... the circumstances wouldn't let me stay any more. I had to run away, so I tried to go north to find Solitude. Instead, a... group of warriors and historians took me in, raising me as their own and teaching me everything I know." Carlotta and Mila gave sympathetic looks and Cilla gave a nod of understanding. She knew all about what it was like to be forced from your home and start over. The entire family did.

It was probably just her maternal instincts but Carlotta felt Lyanna was holding something back. Something she worried about being judged for and something that might affect Titus. This girl seemed sweet but no one was going to threaten Carlotta's baby cub, no matter how big and smelly he was. "So, I learnt to fight, I learnt to live, I learnt to smith and craft. I made my sword, enchanted it, and so on. I left my friends, traveling Skyrim and helping against any threats. Eventually, I came to Rorikstead, and met these two." She pointed to the twins, and continued. "The rest, I suppose, should wait until everyone's here." She then produced a grim look which Alice and Titus mimicked. Again, this concerned Carlotta but she kept quiet and let them continue.

It was now Dolmas' turn to speak and there was an awkward silence as he seemed to choose his words. Alice understood why this was hard for him and she gave his thigh a reassuring rub. After a moment he cleared his throat and started.

"I wasn't born in Skyrim. I was born on the Isle of Solsteim, in a village around Raven Rock. I was an only child, to a mother and a father, who loved me dearly. Much like Lyanna, unfortunate circumstances came into my life and caused the deaths of my parents. I've been on my own ever since."

Dolmas reached for Alice's hand, for support, and continued, a carefully falsified smile playing upon his lips. Alice took his hand again and smiled back.

"I found my way to Rorikstead on accident, and ran into these three while we were there." He paused and looked to Alice again, smiling softly. "I haven't left their sides since."

He looked back to his hosts, as if hoping that would be enough. Two sad stories in a row made Carlotta a little concerned but Cilla and Mila thought they were interesting. Lyanna really seemed cool and her cloak was mesmerizing. Mila almost regretted her sitting on it to make it stop flapping. She'd have to ask about that later.

"But I am of a mind with Lyanna. The rest should wait until everyone is present. It is quite the tale."

"Well, I'm terribly sorry you both had to grow up without a family." Carlotta said. "Mila and I know what that's like, and Titus, Alice and Cilla even moreso. Unfortunate circumstance forced them and my husband Simus out of Cyrodiil and up here. Of course we would have never met if it weren't so so I guess it all worked out in the end."

"I'd say so." Cilla interjected. She didn't have a plate, nor did Carlotta and Mila as they've already eaten. "Carlotta's our stepmother. She and our dad Simus got married a couple of years after we moved here."

"Oh, I'm sorry about that, I never introduced myself!" Carlotta said, a little flushed. "Yes, I'm Carlotta Psyrakon and as Cilla just said Simus and I got married after we got to know each other when he and Alice settled in Whiterun and found Cilla. I'm her stepmother as well as Titus' and Alice's but Mila's my own."

"This was all back during the Stormcloak Rebellion and Alice and our dad were members so Cilla stayed with mama and I a lot." Mila chimed in. "She and I pretty much became sisters and that helped our parents get to know each and eventually fall for each other. I never had a father and Cilla, Titus and Alice lost their mother during their exodus from Cyrodiil so the match made a lot of sense. Since then we've been one big family and I'd say it's worked pretty well."

As they were talking the front door opened and Simus walked through. He was in a set of Nordic steel armor with two skyforge steel swords in matching scabbards on his belt. His left eye was still blind, the three old scars down the left side of his face were still grizzly, his shoulder length hair was more white than silver and his gait was a little slower than it used to be but he was still as strong and proud as ever. Carlotta heard him come in from the kitchen even though there was a wall blocking it off in an L shape from where the living room was where the door opened to.

"That'll be Simus. All of you stay and eat and I'll let him know what's happened. Twins, you should stand up because he's going to lift you both off your feet when he sees you." She walked out of the kitchen and around the corner to the living room.

"Hi honey, how'd your day go?" Carlotta asked.

"Hi sweetie." Simus said, giving Carlotta a big kiss. "Same as usual, keeping a bunch of drunken louts in line. What about you?"

"Simus I have something to tell you."

"Carlotta? What is it? Is something wrong."

"No Simus, our children have come home."

She led him over into the kitchen and his face turned white at seeing Alice.

"Alice? Titus? Is that really you?" Simus whispered in awe.

"Hi dad, we're finally home." Titus said. Alice simply gave a tearful nod and ran into her father's arms. Both of them held each other and started to cry, consumed with joy that they were holding each other again. As much as he wanted to join them, Titus held back. They need this. Alice and their father were fellow scholars, comrades in arms, best friends and a loving father-daughter pair. They had been through Oblivion and back together and had formed an inseparable bond.

Simus seemed to disagree with Titus, as he grabbed his son by the shoulder and pulled him into his embrace, cradling both his children as if they were still babies. They both hugged their father tightly and Titus joined in their tears of joy. He didn't care about what Lyanna or anyone else though. This moment, this holy reunion, was nothing less than a miracle.