• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
I've only just started playing Skyrim over the last few weeks and have just started my own character. Brizzle said you were helpful so I have some questions.

I like that you can make potions Brizzle said there was a thread that tells you all the potions you can make on here but I can't find it does anyone know where to find it.

I want to be a mage using only magic no weapons but keep running out of power to cast spells and get killed really easy will I need to use a weapon if so what is good for a mage?.

How do you get someone to follow you I've spoken to a few people but they won't follow me? :sadface:.

How do I create and upload my own screenshots on this forum?.

How do I look at albums Brizzle has already created we were looking at them yesterday but I can't remeber how he done it?.

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
Dunno about the potions thread but....

Magicka problem. Use a follower as tank for lower levels that would help while you get enough magicka.
Followers are a separate section not everyone follows. Check this out.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Followers

A drop down arrow and then a menu appears when you hover right of User Albums. the rest you can get.

scarey

Lots of potions here.....

http://skyrimforum.com/threads/most-valuable-potions.4985/

With regards to getting a follower, there are several options.
Hire a mercenary. Many can be found in the inns.
Become a Thane.
Talk to everyone, some will then have the option to be a follower once you have helped them.

If you are getting killed frequently visit a Hall of the Dead, and activate the Alter of Arkay. There is one in all the walled towns, and it will give you a 25pt boost to health.

If you want to use magic a lot in battle, in conjunction with a weapon, it will need to be one-handed. If you find one that absorbs health on every hit, you can recover health at the same time.

Be aware, however, that magic, especially destruction spells, become less and less effective as you progress and enounter harder foe.

Brizzle Kicks

Thank's seeker that's a lot of help time to find a follower then.

I found the albums still don't know how to upload images yet but I'll try and figure it out.

Thank's again x

Brizzle Kicks

Wow thank's people this is what I was looking for I can say goodbye to my afternoon time to play some Skyrim yay :).

AS88

Staff member
Wow thank's people this is what I was looking for I can say goodbye to my afternoon time to play some Skyrim yay :).

Glad we could help :)

Why not make your own account with us and come back? ;)

WarriorMage

Hey! Someone stole my sweet roll!
I have a character who only uses spells. No weapons at all. Not even the ones like "bound sword" or magic staffs. When she joined the Companions and what's-his-name wanted to test her skill she just hit him. I would suggest not fast-traveling for a while. You can level up quite a bit by blasting wolves, mud crabs, and the occasional bandit. Whenever you level up only increase your Health or Magica. Mine still has a Stamina of 100 and she's around Level 21. Concentrate your magic in one area (Fire, Frost, or Lightning). Hang out around Riverwood and do those quests because they're fairly low level. And be prepared to run, hide, and back up a lot while casting spells.

I'm still fairly new to the game so I don't know what people define as dying a lot but I don't think she really dies all that much compared to my fighter.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
The easiest followers to get are the ones you brawl with. They don't cost you money and they are usually good tanks and fighters. I like Benor in Morthal. You can find him leaning on the bridge just outside of town. Fight him and he will be your BFF :)
If you want a mage follower then head to Riften and find Marcurio in the Bee and Bard Inn. He is one of the best followers around. Does powerful shock, ranged attacks and his sneak skills arent too bad. He will equip any weapon/armour you give him.
If you really want to be a mage you could always use a staff as a fall back weapon, one handed so you can still use your own magic in the other hand.
Or use destruction magic in one hand and a healing spell in the other, so you can generate health in a battle.

Reactions: Atz