how do i get more side quests?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
do i just talk to everyone in each town i go to? my friend told me that if i get too far into the main quest then i wont be able to do some side quests? is that true? i don't even know what quests count towards the main quest lol how do i know?

The main quest line is pretty much everything involved with dragons, and I don't believe that the distance you are in the main quest factors into the amount of side quests available, it's more likely that some dragon-related side quests are added the further you are in. The best way to find side quests is to talk to...innkeeps, jarls, stewards, and yes, random people on the street.

Zanarkand

Premium Member
I usually have so many side quests it becomes overwhelming. xD Besides what was listed above, I get them also by picking up and opening books or finding items in chests that lead to misc. quests and side quests. I am never without side quests and misc. quests because you get them just about everywhere. ^_^

i have like 6 quests that aren't in the misc section. there's two quests that im pretty sure are part of the main quest. one is the quest involving the imperial legion, and the other is the quest where you had to follow the girl to the dragon burial ground. the rest i have no clue lol. they really need a "main" and 'side" quest section just for people like me lol.

The quest where you must follow her to the dragon burial mound is part of the main quest. The imperial legion one is part of the Civil War questline

Zanarkand

Premium Member
Doing the faction quests provides a lot of "non-main" questlines. :)

Also Daedric quests for goodies.

And sometimes entering shops and talking to shopkeepers will get you some quests, along with going to the smaller towns (Rorikstead, Dragon Bridge etc.)

Saozig

Hippy
If you want more side quests and you've done most of the first act of the main quest (up to Diplomatic Immunity) then here's how you can:

Go into a dungeon or ruin, and use a Shout a couple of times. When you go back to a town, a courier will approach you with a "letter from a friend". The letter will say you caused a stir by using your Thu'um in whatever place you did and it will direct you to go seek out the source of power at some other place.

When you go to that other place, there'll be a Word Wall there and learning that new word completes this side quest.

After you've completed, go use a Shout in another ruin/dungeon and guess what--you get another letter sending you to another place with a Word Wall. And so on. This can continue until you run out of Word Walls.